HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Liberal Crazies target Falls Chuch Chinese Grocery Store's Live Fish Arrest Issued
Posted by: Phuc Long Dong ()
Date: March 27, 2012 11:05AM

WTF, we waste money on this bull shit? Thanks liberal fairfax county for telling me what to eat, assholes get a real job.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/food-fight-develops-in-va-over-sale-of-live-animals/2012/03/20/gIQAw481cS_story_1.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberal Crazies target Falls Chuch Chinese Grocery Store's Live Fish Arrest Issued
Posted by: The Dharma Initiative ()
Date: March 27, 2012 11:16AM

Your link isn't working.

Re: Liberal Crazies target Falls Chuch Chinese Grocery Store's Live Fish Arrest Issued
Posted by: Phuc Long Dong ()
Date: March 27, 2012 11:41AM

Posted by: Section 37 ()
Date: March 27, 2012 11:45AM

Phuc Long Dong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/food-fig
> ht-develops-in-va-over-sale-of-live-animals/2012/0
> 3/20/gIQAw481cS_print.html

Interesting.

Posted by: What ()
Date: March 27, 2012 07:13PM

What, no more lobsters? Oysters? Clams? Mussels?

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: March 27, 2012 07:47PM

We need to draw a line somewhere.
Attachments:
cat food.jpg

Posted by: tea leaves ()
Date: March 27, 2012 07:51PM

This makes me holler out laughing. Of all the things, well Moran's interested in Circus animals, isn't there bigger concerns, ie. the economy? Hmmm. Last time I checked, the Bible Genesis kind of explains that Humans are superior to animals. I'm not saying kick the shit out of a dog or cat, but these are freaking fish for crying out loud.

Posted by: smokey bear ()
Date: March 27, 2012 08:36PM

So this is how they want to integrate into America, stealing fish, turtles and shellfish from the states streams , rivers and lakes? Im no tree hugger but this how they operate in third countries, decimate local species leaving areas ecological disasters and deserts. I would like to be able to go fishing and legally catch a fish that has been around thousands of years. It infuriates me that people driven by greed will destroy local species for a few dollars. It may be their culture but its our wildlife. Im sure the race card will be played eventually but hopefully the game officials will hammer these thieves

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: March 27, 2012 08:58PM

At last people from down state have something in common with immigrants in NoVa. Both want to be able to buy whatever wild animals can be caught or poached.

Posted by: MsCrabapple ()
Date: March 27, 2012 09:36PM

Not at all. You should try reading the article.

smokey bear Wrote:
> So this is how they want to integrate into
> America, stealing fish, turtles and shellfish
> from the states streams , rivers and lakes?

Posted by: Nab Them! ()
Date: March 27, 2012 09:51PM

Phuc Long Dong Wrote:
> WTF, we waste money on this bull shit? Thanks
> liberal fairfax county for telling me what to eat,
> assholes get a real job.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/food-fig
> ht-develops-in-va-over-sale-of-live-animals/2012/0
> 3/20/gIQAw481cS_story_1.html

I hope they rip this place a new one. These are the same type of stores that got the shit Snakeheads and Asian algae oysters in our streams.

Make these stores pay for a the wild species they let sneak into our eco systems.

Posted by: Oh Please. ()
Date: March 27, 2012 10:04PM

Virginia literally has the most polluted, poisonous and disgusting waterways in the entire United States. Don't pretend to give a shit about them now just because you are a provincial xenophobic yokel who happened to see an article about a spooky asian fish market.

Nab Them! Wrote:
> These are the same type of stores that got the shit Snakeheads and Asian algae oysters in our streams. Make these stores pay for a the wild species they let sneak into our eco systems.

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: March 27, 2012 10:09PM

While I understand the Chinese culture of consuming such animals as Red-Eared Sliders, bullfrogs, and soft-shelled turtles, I did find it disturbing that they were crammed into separate, plexiglass boxes, without adequate water, or food.

I will say however, I still enjoy shopping at this place, and not seeing these very same animals for sale any longer, did put a smile on my face. :)

Posted by: contex ()
Date: March 27, 2012 10:52PM

It's not like they just barged in and started arresting. The bought, came back and seized, telling managers not to continue to sell.The managers ignored orders, and after coming back, warrants were issued. They were warned that they were breaking the law, and they made the decision that profit trumps legality.

Posted by: Liberals? ()
Date: March 27, 2012 11:54PM

The regulations about keeping stores from selling certain items have NOTHING TO DO WITH LIBERALS.

The regulations are supported by the big chain stores like Safeway and Giant that don't carry those items. The chain stores don't want to lose customers to other stores so they get local ordinances passed to stop the sale of exotic items they don't carry nationally.

It's the same with road side stands. Big chain stores don't want farmers popping up selling goods in competition so they get local ordinances and costly permits passed.

Posted by: Cox Farms ()
Date: March 28, 2012 12:25PM

This was a big issue years ago when big chain grocery stores tries to run Cox farms out of business declaring Cox farms couldn't sell produce from their property because it wasn't zoned correctly.

It pisses me off when these big corporations attack the little guys with lawyers.

Posted by: check it out ()
Date: March 28, 2012 12:51PM

First of all the market is not a little guy, its a chain up and down the east coast and what pisses me off is animals, even those that are to be eaten, treated inhumanely by not being fed and laying in their own filth. Go to the store site and read the reviews , what a smelly freak show..Thanks for helping Fairfax continue its path to being a small third world country. Fortunately the one near me closed, went there once and had to wash my clothes to rid them of the persistant funk smell.

Posted by: What ()
Date: March 28, 2012 07:09PM

check it out Wrote:
> First of all the market is not a little guy, its a
> chain up and down the east coast and what pisses
> me off is animals, even those that are to be
> eaten, treated inhumanely by not being fed and
> laying in their own filth. Go to the store site
> and read the reviews , what a smelly freak
> show..Thanks for helping Fairfax continue its path
> to being a small third world country. Fortunately
> the one near me closed, went there once and had to
> wash my clothes to rid them of the persistant funk
> smell.

Fish swim in their own filth all day long. As to the odor, you're just uncomfortable being around ching-chong-chinamen. Do you not normally wash your clothes?

Posted by: do ()
Date: March 28, 2012 07:59PM

You morons can't read. Fairfax County had nothing to do with this.

It was a VIRGINIA DEPT OF GAME AND INLAND FISHERIES sting operation. That is a STATE agency, and if you haven't noticed, Virginia State government is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Republican Party. How many crazy "librals" do you think Ken Kookarelli and Gov Bobby McBlowdried have working for them?

Maybe where these chinks fucked up was failing to write big checks to right crooks.

Posted by: Lobster ()
Date: March 28, 2012 08:08PM

I'm steamed over this.

Posted by: Quack ()
Date: March 28, 2012 08:09PM

"Great Wall offers everything from canned vegetarian duck to...

And how do they do that? Tofu duck?

Posted by: batshitcrazy ()
Date: March 28, 2012 08:14PM

?

Now for a fish one. Oh, the poor fish. Here little fishy. One more anchovy please.
Attachments:
no more cat.jpg

Posted by: I Like Turtles ()
Date: March 30, 2012 04:29PM

In Fairfax County Circuit Court today, the market owners sought to have the charges dismissed. That motion was denied.

The turtles win (for now).

Anyway, boiling today's issues down, the market owners aver that since they are buying these red-eared sliders from a legal farm in Oklahoma, that we should be able to eat them here in Virginia. The judge didn't buy it.

I like turtles, but the issue is interesting. You take deer, for example. You can hunt deer, eat them, but you can't sell the meat (unless you get a special state-issued license). However, you can't hunt red-eared sliders, and since you can't buy them to eat either (the Commonwealth's position), then it follows that Virginia has banned the eating of red-eared sliders.

So, to sum up, pork, beef, poultry, most fish, and deer/bear/wild-turkey good.
Cats, dogs, red-eared sliders bad.

Posted by: Old customs should die ()
Date: March 30, 2012 08:29PM

Just because eating turtles or shark fin soup is part of your culture doesn't make it right in 2012. Guess what, you are in America now, and it is NOT culturally acceptable to eat these. Neither should you be using bear claws, tiger and rhino parts for fake medicine. If you want to kill animals for old custom, go back to your country, please don't make that acceptable here.

Posted by: Lynchburg ()
Date: March 30, 2012 09:05PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> At last people from down state have something in
> common with immigrants in NoVa. Both want to be
> able to buy whatever wild animals can be caught or
> poached.

That's bullshit pure and simple.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.