HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ugly Mosaic Buildings in Merrified
Posted by: Anarchitect ()
Date: March 25, 2012 12:59PM

The new building exteriors at the Mosaic Center in Merrifield are ugly. What's with the dirty plexiglass panels on the corners?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ugly Mosaic Buildings in Merrified
Posted by: the end is the beginning ()
Date: March 26, 2012 03:44AM

I thought the buildings were going to be higher. Far more comparable to the high rises around Dunn Loring Metro. Seems like a big deal was made over a relatively medium sized project. Looks like movie theater building is done. down Strawberry Lane off Gallows.
I really thought this project was going to be Ballston/Clarendon experiment in Fairfax County.
Yeah don't care for the design of the buildings.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: March 26, 2012 05:44AM

it's only a Target they are building there...........how high do you want it to be?

Posted by: the beginning leads to the end ()
Date: March 26, 2012 06:42AM

omg could gordon blvd. be another personna of the evil Mr. Misery aka Mister Follow Follow.

I was expecting a lot more intense density. Was the project scaled back because of economy?

Posted by: You Looking What ()
Date: March 26, 2012 06:46AM

I can't wait until they scrap all this new shit and go back to Z-Pizza, Pizza Hut, Crazy Ass Auto Body Repair, U-Haul, a rundown tailor shack, KFC, Einstein bagels, Boston Market, Taco Bell, etc. But first the yuppies all get to do their overshot dance, then get fical for the next big thing somewhere else, then businessess start to close, then about a decade of empty shit and decay (i.e. Springfield Mall), about 20 years of a whole lotta ghetto pain, and finally about 50 years from now rennovation back to where it once was. And then I can die happy. Connolly finally loses and the rest of us win.

Posted by: Panthers Here They Come ()
Date: March 26, 2012 11:08AM

What you mean by "ghetto"? Racist assh*le. Bigotted white piece of shit.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: March 26, 2012 11:16AM

By 'fical', do you mean 'fickle' ?

Date: March 26, 2012 11:45AM

snowdenscold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By 'fical', do you mean 'fickle' ?

I was trying to spell FECAL but I faled.

And by the way "PANTHERS", ghetto is NOT racist. It's what's going to happen. The people of the Merrifield ghetto will be the color of POOR, DOWNTRODDEN, and CRUSHED because all of Gerry Connolly's dreams of a new a overpriced upscale Reston will be SHATTERED. Mostly Demmies will be left. The Conservatives have known the game and will get out of town soon enough.
------------

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913 + 1828)

Ghet"to (?), n. [It.] The Jews'quarter in an Italian town or city.

I went to the Ghetto, where the Jews dwell. Evelyn.

<-- 2. by extension, any section of a town inhabited predominantly by members of a specific ethnic, national or racial group, such segregation usually arising from social or economic pressure. 3. (fig.) any isolated group of people. 4. (fig) any group isolated by external pressures, with an implication of inferiority. Ghettoize v. -->

Date: March 26, 2012 11:50AM

Mostly, the people left will be broken gay couples with dogs named Fifi, Europeon wannabes shooting up, and assorted lonely guys with socks and sandles and sweater capes (i.e. sleeves tied in the front). It's going to be magical.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.