HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Dump (West Ox)
Posted by: TrashMan ()
Date: March 24, 2012 06:16PM

I just bought a house. I have a ton of stuff to toss out. AAA and American Trash want to charge me around $80+ for each appliance to dispose of (fridge, washer/dryer, toilet, tub). I also have general waste to get rid of ranging from household daily trash to yard waste, brush/sticks and construction rubble.

Can I just toss this crap in my 5x8 trailer and take it to the dump to dispose of?

Does anyone here just collect a couple bags of trash, haul it to the dump, and then get rid of it there? Does this save you money vs. hiring a company to pickup?

Thanks,
-New Homeowner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Dump (West Ox)
Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: March 24, 2012 06:34PM

Do what I did... Take your scrap metal to Davis Recycling in Lorton, VA on the backside of the I 95 transfer station (off US 1) and GET PAID!!!

No need to PAY...

Here is the thread: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/845575/845575.html#msg-845575

I hope this helps!

Posted by: Mr Helper ()
Date: March 24, 2012 06:34PM

You can throw away appliances and metal for free! If you load up the trailer with trash they will weigh it and charge you accordingly based on weight. I've only gone there with a stake body truck so I don't know how much a trailer would be but it is very reasonable. Check out their website for more info. Also you can take the appliances and metal to a recycler and they will pay you a small amount for it. There was recently a thread here about that.

Posted by: Atom ()
Date: March 24, 2012 08:15PM

I take my parents trash to the dump a couple of times a month because they refuse to get a trash service for some reason.

It costs me $9 bucks per trip. Sometimes they charge me a few bucks if I have big items.

I think Aaa quoted them $70/ month.

Worth it unless you've got your kid hauling it to the dump for you (which I'm happy to.)

Date: March 24, 2012 08:48PM

Just out your appliances out on the curb one night. They will be gone the next morning.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 24, 2012 08:56PM

Or you can post on craigslist that you have a free frig or whatever. People will line up for them, some actually want the appliance to work, but most just want it for selling it to the metal recyclers.

Posted by: Bottom Feeder ()
Date: March 24, 2012 09:07PM

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just out your appliances out on the curb one
> night. They will be gone the next morning.

Not to sound like I'm bragging but I got 50 inch DLP that way. It just needed a new lamp, is all.

Posted by: VAsux ()
Date: March 24, 2012 10:45PM

Trick question, all of Fairfax County is a dump.

Posted by: General Hooker ()
Date: March 25, 2012 11:22AM

"Trick question, all of Fairfax County is a dump"

I think downtown springfield is prettiest

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.