HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Carmax ...MaxCare...SCAM ????
Posted by: radioguy ()
Date: March 21, 2012 03:13PM

So I purchased a vehicle from Carmax in Dulles last year, as well as the Maxcare warrenty they offered. Almost immedialty I had problems with the transmission. I contacted Carmax and asked for a time to bring the vehicle in. I was told that they do not do any transmission work at the Dulles facility and that I should take my car to Herndon/Reston transmission. Maxcare approved the repair and I paid my deductible.

Long story short, when I picked my vehicle up I had to pay over $300. The shop owner told me that he would "go broke" if he worked off of Maxcare's rates. He would not release my vehicle to me unless I paid the extra $. He stated that a sign in his shop covered the extra charge.
I paid and contacted CarMax who sent me from person to person and no one ever got back to me. Anyone else deal with anything like this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carmax ...MaxCare...SCAM ????
Posted by: CarMax Jihadist ()
Date: March 21, 2012 07:12PM

I've bought 3 cars there and ALWAYS buy the MaxCare Warranty. It is the BEST aftermarket warranty available today. I put 45,000 miles annually on my car driving up and down the East Coast and MaxCare has saved my ass too many times to count. Especially since I insist on driving horribly unreliable British cars...

Now then...First things first...As you know, if you have the work done at a Carmax, there's no deductible. But, as you pointed out, they aren't equipped to perform ALL repairs. Additionally, I don't let those Carmax monkies touch ANYTHING on my car. No one can fix a car like a dealer. Period. Cars are much more complicated now then they've ever been and while CarMax hires good wrench-turners how can any ONE shop now everything about so many different makes of cars. Additionally, everytime you call Carmax for an appointment, you're always told the next available time is in 4-6 weeks. That's too long to wait for most repairs.

TAKE YOUR CAR TO THE DEALER! Yes, you'll have to pay a deductible but it's $50 for the convenience of getting your car in and turned around quickly. Check a couple dealers out who service your make. Walk in and speak to the service advisor and explain you bought your car at CarMax and purchased the CarMax warranty and you'd like to start getting it serviced/warrantied there as a regular customer. They'll ask to see your MaxCare paperwork so, take the whole ream of paper in there and let them pour through it. They'll get all the information into their system on your customer profile so, future warranty work is no problem. And then, make sure you go to that same dealer for your service AS WELL AS your MaxCare work.

As to your current situation and the fact that the shop wouldn't release your car without paying the bill...Put down your phone. Take your car and all of the paperwork and receipts pertaining to the transmission repair INTO the actual CarMax location and ask to speak with someone regarding your situation. I can only speak for the Woodbridge location but, I have found all of the personnel I've encountered there to be friendly, professional and easy to work with.

In closing, don't go in there with guns blazin'...act like a turd and you'll get nowhere. Remember, the people you will be physically talking to will be hearing about your situation for the FIRST TIME.

Posted by: fraud ()
Date: March 21, 2012 08:02PM

radioguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I purchased a vehicle from Carmax in Dulles
> last year, as well as the Maxcare warrenty they
> offered. Almost immedialty I had problems with the
> transmission. I contacted Carmax and asked for a
> time to bring the vehicle in. I was told that they
> do not do any transmission work at the Dulles
> facility and that I should take my car to
> Herndon/Reston transmission. Maxcare approved the
> repair and I paid my deductible.
>
> Long story short, when I picked my vehicle up I
> had to pay over $300. The shop owner told me that
> he would "go broke" if he worked off of Maxcare's
> rates. He would not release my vehicle to me
> unless I paid the extra $. He stated that a sign
> in his shop covered the extra charge.
> I paid and contacted CarMax who sent me from
> person to person and no one ever got back to me.
> Anyone else deal with anything like this?

Thats not the warranty being bad thats the owner extorting you. You should have called the police or said youll call the police and let them sort it out. You should also contact whatever licensing boards there are and make them aware of the issue. If the shop doesnt like the rates they should accept it and you shouldnt have taken it to a shop that will charge on top of that

Posted by: VA Phins Fan ()
Date: March 22, 2012 01:29AM

Dude, you bought a used car from CarMax. What did you expect? The cars they get are all used cars from dealers and rental cars that people drive into the ground.

Posted by: You Lie ()
Date: March 22, 2012 04:40PM

"The cars they get are all used cars from dealers and rental cars that people drive into the ground."

CARFAX says you lie

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: March 22, 2012 04:44PM

VA Phins Fan Wrote:
> Dude, you bought a used car from CarMax. What did
> you expect? The cars they get are all used cars
> from dealers and rental cars that people drive
> into the ground.

Not all, but they are required to list when their cars have been used for rental or fleet purposes. So many of their domestic cars have been in service with rental car agencies, and they don't offer that much of a price reduction for this fact.

Never buy a former rental car unless it is heavily discounted, LOL.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: shawn m ()
Date: March 22, 2012 04:45PM

I had the same thing happen to me as the OP. You have to pay the money upfront ot the third party and then fight with Carmax to pay me the difference. They never did pay me and didnt seem to give a crap anyway. I like Carmax when you can put all those cars together in the same place but I would never buy another warranty.

Posted by: Hunter ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:07PM

Yep, same thing happened to me. Maxcare is actually a seperate company, but CarMax sells the insurance for your vehicle. MAxCare says they have spoken with the shop and the total cost will be covered. But the shop just charges you the difference.

Posted by: Ashburn30 ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:09PM

I have Maxcare from Carmax, I have never had to use it, but if you have an issue that prevents you from safley operating the vehicle, the contract states that MaxCare will cover the cost of the repair 100%. Why would you have to pay the shop anything extra ?

Posted by: MaxCare ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:23PM

Ashburn30 Wrote:
> I have Maxcare from Carmax, I have never had to
> use it, but if you have an issue that prevents you
> from safley operating the vehicle, the contract
> states that MaxCare will cover the cost of the
> repair 100%. Why would you have to pay the shop
> anything extra ?

You have to clarify all of the shit UPFRONT, IN WRITING before they start working on it. These shops know the score. And they know if they DON'T have everything in writing they CAN and WILL do ANYTHING they can to drive up your bill AFTER the work's been done.

If you ask for it in writing, and they say no...what they are really telling you is, they don't want your business. And that's when you ask for your keys back and go somewhere else. Why would you want your vehicle serviced at a place like that?

This is the 703, baby. There's a great mechanic on every corner!

Posted by: Slick car sales ()
Date: March 23, 2012 08:32AM

For next time, keep in mind you can still buy a manufacturer backed warranty for a used car up to a certain age or mileage. If I were to buy a warranty, I'd prefer that. For example you can buy Honda/Acura warranties online for half of what a local dealer charges and bring your car to a dealer for service where it will all be covered.

CarMax in general is not where you will find the best deal on anything. It is for people who essentially want to pay to avoid haggling. Just because there is no haggling doesn't mean they aren't trying to rip you off on financing and warranty though on the back end.

Posted by: uranidiot ()
Date: March 23, 2012 10:22AM

I know why you had to pay the extra money, you a retard that drives drunk and probably fucked your car up yourself. Great job!!!

Posted by: uranidiot ()
Date: March 23, 2012 10:24AM

PS Can't wait til you get caught rofl!

Posted by: slapahoe ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:59PM

I didn't have warranty from 3 party's supposedly from carmax under a certainmiles they said I got a truck since day one had A check engine light on they said bring it back its free the first month well they said something was dirty and they clean it and good go go 3 times after I spent money on repairs that was never the problems so finAlly I called carmax they said bring it in they said o its a grass cylinder that's out they took a full month to repair it! Guess what checking engine lights still on!

Posted by: Runon McSentence ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:04PM

slapahoe Wrote:
> I didn't have warranty from 3 party's supposedly
> from carmax under a certainmiles they said I got a
> truck since day one had A check engine light on
> they said bring it back its free the first month
> well they said something was dirty and they clean
> it and good go go 3 times after I spent money on
> repairs that was never the problems so finAlly I
> called carmax they said bring it in they said o
> its a grass cylinder that's out they took a full
> month to repair it! Guess what checking engine
> lights still on!

Not a period in sight!

Posted by: Former carmax tech ()
Date: April 28, 2012 12:17PM

radioguy Wrote:
> So I purchased a vehicle from Carmax in Dulles
> last year, as well as the Maxcare warrenty they
> offered. Almost immedialty I had problems with the
> transmission. I contacted Carmax and asked for a
> time to bring the vehicle in. I was told that they
> do not do any transmission work at the Dulles
> facility and that I should take my car to
> Herndon/Reston transmission. Maxcare approved the
> repair and I paid my deductible.
>
> Long story short, when I picked my vehicle up I
> had to pay over $300. The shop owner told me that
> he would "go broke" if he worked off of Maxcare's
> rates. He would not release my vehicle to me
> unless I paid the extra $. He stated that a sign
> in his shop covered the extra charge.
> I paid and contacted CarMax who sent me from
> person to person and no one ever got back to me.
> Anyone else deal with anything like this?

The carmax warranty is not a scam but it's not that great either. If you read the fine print it tells you that they may use junkyard parts and they do for just about everything. It was frustrating working there always having to install used parts and have those parts fail in a week or two sometimes.

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: April 29, 2012 07:58AM

I bought a car with carmax before back in '04, paid all cash the deal was very easy and I appreciated the no haggling part- but dammit if they didn't try to press me into that warranty instead!!! I bought a 2002 honda- I doubted it was going to blow up anytime soon (and it still hasn't!).

I'd say go there if you are a person who is too shy to/hates to haggle OR want to test drive MANY different makes and models- but stay away from the warranty (unless you're buying a Kia or Hyundai or base model chevy or ford where you WILL need it!!!)

Posted by: Read about cars next time ()
Date: April 29, 2012 08:32AM

flight risk Wrote:
> I bought a car with carmax before back in '04,
> paid all cash the deal was very easy and I
> appreciated the no haggling part- but dammit if
> they didn't try to press me into that warranty
> instead!!! I bought a 2002 honda- I doubted it was
> going to blow up anytime soon (and it still
> hasn't!).
>
> I'd say go there if you are a person who is too
> shy to/hates to haggle OR want to test drive MANY
> different makes and models- but stay away from the
> warranty (unless you're buying a Kia or Hyundai or
> base model chevy or ford where you WILL need
> it!!!)

Actually, Hyundai and Kia are pretty much on par with Toyota and Honda these days. Both have let their quality slip since 2000 and Hyundai/Kia have been reliable bets for the last decade. Now they just have the interior quality to go with it.

Ford and GM are pretty reliable too these days. The Fusion is one of the better choices you can make for a reliable mid-size sedan. Their only "problem" vehicle I know of is the Explorer, and there are complaints about how complex their Nav system is. "Base model" has nothing to do with the mechanicals or its quality. They are usually the same.

I've had the same Honda for 10 years. It has been extremely solid for a commuter. If I bought a new car tomorrow, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Hyundai, Ford, or Chevy because of some fear they would break down every 5,000 miles.

Cars I wouldn't buy without a warranty: Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes, and Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.

For the record, you are never getting the "best" deal at CarMax. You pay for the supposed "ease" of the purchase, which still sound like a pain in the ass if you are getting a hard sell on a weak third-party warranty.

If you like extended warranties, buy a used model that is still eligible for a manufacturer backed warranty like Honda Care and buy one online for about 50% off list price. Or get one through a company that actually cares about its customer service reputation. USAA and Costco offers extended warranties and neither are in the business of ripping their customers off.

Posted by: pat gosss ()
Date: April 29, 2012 10:27AM

VA Phins Fan Wrote:
> Dude, you bought a used car from CarMax. What did
> you expect? The cars they get are all used cars
> from dealers and rental cars that people drive
> into the ground.

Former rental cars are a safe bet for a used car purchase nowadays. The computer controlled engines of todays modern cars will not allow drivers to damage the drive-train. The suspension and accessories can be easily inspected by a good mechanic. Used rental cars have documented maintenance schedules from the rental fleet. The used rental car of today is the cream of the crop and smart consumers are willing to pay a little extra for one

Posted by: been there too ()
Date: April 29, 2012 10:34AM

With the higher price for used these days might as well find a new car with a generous rebate or low to no interest plus you get a new car warranty. The monthly payment for a five year loan wont be much different. A used car usually has a higher interest rate set by banks.

Posted by: Honda Jihadist ()
Date: April 29, 2012 03:44PM

Read about cars next time Wrote:

> For the record, you are never getting the "best"
> deal at CarMax. You pay for the supposed "ease"
> of the purchase, which still sound like a pain in
> the ass if you are getting a hard sell on a weak
> third-party warranty.

Respectfully, I disagree. Last year, I bought a 2007 Accord. I shopped 3 different Honda dealerships and Carmax. The four Accords I looked at had all the same options and were within 3,500 miles of each other on their odometers. I played all 4 dealerships off each other and negotiated (read: GROUND) the Honda dealerships down to within $1,000 of the vehicle at Carmax and they would go no further. Maybe I wasn't enough of a grinder, I dunno'...at some point your time has to become valuable enough to not spend it repetedly at 10pm at a car dealership. I bought from Carmax.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 29, 2012 06:46PM

If you're financing a car, screw the carmax warranty. Credit unions have great warranties. At least the ones I've gotten from Apple and Northwest have been. And FWIW, I know that the prevailing thought is that extended warranties are a waste of money, but for my current vehicle and the one before it, I've had to use them. And the cost of the repair exceeded the 1,000 bucks or whatever the warranty cost.

Posted by: r1racer ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:32PM

Bought an audi a6 from carmax in 2009. Love the car but it's had a few problems=big bucks. The carmax warranty has more than paid for itself and am fairly pleased with it (so far).

The first time I took the car to the dealer repairs wer about 1500k for a new mmi system and only paid 80 bucks for the deducatble and sales tax.

The second time I had an oil leak and needed a steering new steering column. Repairs were about 2700. I had to pay 435 for sales tax and some "difference" in price that max care didn't want to pay.

Now, it's in for the third time, with another oil leak, bad upper control arms and a tail light that needs to be replaced. Total cost is going to be well over 3k. Let's see how they act now...will keep everyone posted.

Posted by: Spork-fed ()
Date: January 21, 2013 08:05PM

I'm having problems with MaxCare now, but I didn't before.

At 34k miles, my engine blew in my Chrysler Town and Country. We were following the regular maint schedule, but I guess when a car decides to die, it just dies. MaxCare sent representitives to the vehicle's location to investigate the incident and to make sure I was infact following the maint schedule. After they determined that I was, THEN they gave me a rental car and went forward with paying for repairs (they covered the replacement of my engine with a rebuilt engine). I paid the $150 deductable when I picked my car up, no problem.

That is when I worked at CarMax as a sales consultant.

Now that I don't work for CarMax and the same vehicle is giving me problems, the service rep at the CarMax store where I bought the vehicle told me that I would have to pay the $150 deductable PLUS $50 dollars per problem with the vehicle if they determined that the problems that I am bringing the vehicle in for are not covered. The problems included:

1. Oil leak
2. Check engine light
3. Whining noise in the engine while accelerating
4. Power liftgate non-operational
5. Climate control lights non-operational

Final deductable cost: $350.00

HUH?!?!?!

When I was selling cars at CarMax and MaxCare I told my customers that they paid the deductable for MaxCare per visit, not per problem, because that is what I was trained to tell them. Why now am I being told that I will have to pay 350 bucks at the time when I turn my car in? This is before it's even determined that the repairs are covered or not. Did I lie to a lot of my customers without even knowing it?

And what if the repairs are not covered? Should I have to pay 50 bucks for someone to tell me that it's not covered? I don't understand what's going on, but I plan to make a lot of calls to get to the bottom of this. I'll post again with a follow-up once the repairs to my vehicle have been performed, if they ever are...

Posted by: saywat ()
Date: January 22, 2013 08:47AM

Spork-fed Wrote:
> Did I lie to a lot of my customers without
> even knowing it?

hah of course not you are a used car salesman u lied plenty while knowing it, u maybe just didnt know about this specific lie

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: January 23, 2013 08:25PM

Bought 2 cars and sold 2 cars at Carmax. They never asked us about any warranty. Never had any problems with either car and got a good price on our trade ins. I would recommend Carmax to anyone. It was so worth knowing th price up front and no haggling with a salesman.

Posted by: Bugaboojda ()
Date: February 16, 2013 08:13PM

I have bought 3 cars from Carmax and bought the extended warranties on all of them. The first car I bought was a used 2002 Cadillac Seville STS which had all sorts of problems. I spent about 2400 on the MaxCare warranty and over the 5 years I had the car the Maxcare warranty spendt 11,200 dollars in repairs so it was well worth the money. Yes if you take it to Carmax it is sometimes hard to get an appointment and yes they aren't able to fix everything. However, if they can't fix the problem they went ahead and sent it to a Cadillac dealer that fixed it for me. They provided me a rental car and I never had a problem. Sometimes I wanted the car repaired faster and so I went to the Cadillac dealer myself where I had to pay a deductible. I had 2 problems with Maxcare when I did that as Maxcare wanted to used remanufactured parts for the repair and the dealer did not feel comfortable with it. However, after explaining to the Maxcare that the dealer guaranteed their repairs for 12 months as compared to the Carmax repair facility that only guarantees the repairs for 6 months the Maxcare warrantly company reluctantly agreed to pay the dealer the price they wanted. Also Maxcare does not cover any items that are wear and tear like spark plugs, belts, tires, brake pads, etc. I now had a 2009 Cadillac DTS that I have had for 2 years and haven't needed a repair with the Maxcare warranty yet as well as a 2011 Mercury Milan Premier AWD that I bought just a few months ago and everything is fine with this care as well. My suggestion is to just be smart when buying a car from Carmax. Take your car to your own mechanic after you buy the car as they offer you a 5 day return policy and a 30 unlimited repair policy until your Maxcare warranty kicks in. Make sure that the Maxcare warrantly will agree to the repairs at the repair facility you like to use. Also it is a good idea to see which dealer the Carmax repair facility will take your particular brand of car to get repaired if they are unable to. This way you can also take your vehicle yourself to that dealer and you will know that since they already work with Carmax they will always want to agree with the Maxcare warranty as the warranty company already trusts them to do the repairs. I hope this helps! from Silver Spring, Maryland

Posted by: Carmax Alum ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:27PM

The post by Bugaboojda impressed me, as incredibly authentic in my opinion. I am on here reading & researcing about Maxcare experiences because I am about to buy a used 2013 Ford from Carmax, and wanted to see what actual customers had to say. I worked for Carmax in sales for 4 1/2 years as a part time SC. I left about 6 months ago because I had to focus on my health. I sold approximately 286 cars in that period, including Maxcare, so I know the company's position on Maxcare. What I didn't know and am on here trying to find out is how it actually transpires when a Maxcare customer needs to use the plan. Never sold cars before Carmax, and probably wont again, unless it is for Carmax only. Didn't think I could be a used car sales person ever until I considered the job at Carmax. What convinced me to try it was the intense focus Carmax has on integrity. Integrity is a constant theme in training, there is virtually no room for anything or anyone who doesn't practice 100% integrity there. Anyway now that I am on the customer side of table, I have to make the same decision (yes or no) to the Maxcare -- do I want to risk it, and hope the car (which has 30k plus miles) makes it for the next 6 or 7 years (time I plan to own it), or do I spend the extra and get the piece of mind. Well, reading up here I have learned couple things I was not aware of -like how the Maxcare rep has to get involved/inspect/approve etc; and how the deaslerhsip repair shops (like ford, chevy, etc) get concerned with using rebuilt versue new parts. Very enlightening and interesting. My opinon - good advice from "Bugaboojda" - I can tell he/she is educated consumer, knows the Carmax processess/parameters well and thank him/her for taking time to share. What will I do? I am leaning on getting the maxcare even though i trust ford products, it's worth the extra 1500 to me for the peace of mind. Good luck to everyone.

Posted by: Edsel Ford ()
Date: June 30, 2013 08:43PM

$1500? You can probably get a Ford backed warranty for less than that. Being a former salesman, you have to know Carmax makes like $1k on that.

Interesting that the typing style of "wall of text" is consistent between those two posts though.

Posted by: savem0ney ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:14PM

Carmax is great if you don't want to bargain and want to get better than a normal dealership price without bargaining. However, you can always get a better deal bargaining elsewhere. I would personally never buy a car from Carmax. If I am going to get a used car, I would go debate and haggle with a dealership that is willing to take less profit to get a sale .. because of selling in bulk, having a slow month, or having a great month and getting incentives for getting the 200th car out of the lot in June. Just me though..

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: July 01, 2013 10:24PM

>I would go debate and haggle with a dealership that is willing to take less profit to get a sale

No reason this can't be fun - go to a bunch of dealerships, find out their lowest price, shave off 5%, then tell them all 'here's what I'll pay - first one to call moves a car'. Worked for me twice now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 07:52AM by abelard.

Posted by: Driver ()
Date: July 01, 2013 11:51PM

abelard Wrote:
> >I would go debate and haggle with a dealership
> that is willing to take less profit to get a sale
>
> No reason this can't be fun - go to a bunch of
> dealership, find out their lowest price, shave off
> 5%, then tell them all 'here's what I'll pay -
> first one to call moves a car'. Worked for me
> twice now.

GO to a bunch of dealerships? Nah, nah, nah...this ain't 1997 no mo'.

Your strategy is dead on but your execution...is old and busted.

Research the invoice price of the car you want and test drive as close to the complete package as you can. Maybe you involve the test drive dealership...maybe you don't.

Get your financing in order BEFORE you talk to any salesperson. Oh shit...they'll TELL you they can beat your bank's rate...let 'em try...but they never do. Email 5 dealerships working up from invoice price. If you have a trade-in take it to Carmax for THE best price you're going to find. Done.

I've done this on my last 2 cars and never had to sit and waste time in a dealership. I get my deal, go to the bank and get my check and I'm out with a new car in 30 minutes. I'm doing a burnout on my way out before the salesman can say, "Rustproofing?" or any other bullshit add-ons I don't want.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: July 02, 2013 12:37AM

Truth be told I researched a bit before I talked to anyone. Still went to the dealers because I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted.

>Get your financing in order BEFORE you talk to any salesperson.

Always, but I absolutely did not tell them anything about finance. Let them dream of selling me some package with a few monkey points for themselves. We agreed on on a sale at a price, then I told them 'no finance needed'. Oh, and that was the final price, all in, not the price plus delivery charges or whatever other bullshit they can tack on. Be specific, and write. it. down.

But it is a good plan, minimum effort, no fiddle-fucking over little details, and I'm not surprised I'm not the only one who's done it.

Posted by: jimbo ()
Date: December 08, 2014 09:58PM

Bought a car from carmax two weeks ago. Didn't get the extended warranty. Now I'm thinking about getting the warranty because there is a problem with the vehicle. Can I add it even though it's been two weeks?

Posted by: Helper. ()
Date: December 08, 2014 10:10PM

jimbo Wrote:
> Bought a car from carmax two weeks ago. Didn't get
> the extended warranty. Now I'm thinking about
> getting the warranty because there is a problem
> with the vehicle. Can I add it even though it's
> been two weeks?

If CarMax won't...these guys will: www.warrantydirect.com/

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: December 08, 2014 10:50PM

Not sure about the warranty but they will fix things on your car within 30 days of purchase. We had some parts missing from our jeep convertible and they replaced them.

Posted by: Mystery play ()
Date: October 17, 2018 02:10AM

I'm not reading all the above posts. But, I can tell y'all that as someone who has been involved in the wholesale and retail sides of the car business, I can promise y'all that CarMax is for the impulse, emotional car buyers whom are easily taken advantage.

1. Nearly EVERY car is bought at an auction. This immediately indicates the dealership either couldn't sell it or it has problems that they don't want. The painters and services tech's will tell you the horror stories of what they have to do to put bows on those pigs you're looking to buy.

2. So, you find that pig but it's shiny and you want it, right? Well, you inability to negotiate is going to cost you at least $2k if you pay cash or have your own financing. If it's a popular car and they just bought it, you will likely pay $3-4K above market pricing. Pay with their financing AND buy their extended warranty & by the time it's paid off & you'll overpay $5-7K.

3. So, what DO YOU DO? Be flexible. Use CarMax to find the cars you like. Test drive & shop for the features you like THEN LEAVE!!!!!! THEN, shop online for the same model on the manufacturer's used car lot. If you want a great warranty & reliability, stay away from ALL Fiat/Chrysler/Dodge/Ram models. PERIOD... PERIOD... DO NOT DO THAT.... PERIOD.

Look at those factory CERTIFIED used cars. The dealership pays about $700 to enroll each car into their factory certified program & the requirements are strick. You can be sure those cars are cherry and the most reliable units in the market.

4. Make sure you note every option and feature & mileage. Then go to KBB. COM... Select, how much is my car worth? for that car, you want to find out an estimate for what they paid for it. So ONLY look at dealer trade-in value...

Take a 2015 Toyota Camry, if the trade in Value is $14k, their going to offer for sale at $18.5-19k... Certified cars will get great financing rates. So, if your goal is to allow $1k profit, they'll likely take the deal if you also agree to fininance with Toyota, too.

Anything short of that, be polite and leave. Expect that they'll call you back & accept your offer. Wait until the last day of the month & this will work 95% of the time.

Good Luck!!!!

Posted by: myster play ()
Date: April 22, 2019 03:42PM

Anyone that buys from CarMax is a true sucker. They clearly sell their cars for more than a Certified Used Dealer price without the manufacturer's backing of the better warranty and if needed, their better financing, too! Have some balls to haggle & walk away from a deal if they can't get you a great pricel within a half hour! You could save almost 3-4k on that deal BEFORE financing!!! If you're that big of a sucker to buy a car without haggling, then you'll likely get raped on the financing, too! BTW, just give your $7k of unwanted $$$ to a street bum. At least, you'll feel better about yourself after doing so!!!!

This thread is evidence, proof that a sucker IS born every day. AND why over 2 Million MORE people voted for Hillary Clinton than Trump in 2016. Ignorance IS bliss & Reality is SCARY, right?

Posted by: Lol... ()
Date: April 22, 2019 04:17PM

Trump is an ass and has failed at being President even worse than he failed at casinos. And steaks. And universities. And airlines. And vodka. And cologne. And on and on.

Posted by: myster play ()
Date: April 22, 2019 08:40PM

Lol... Wrote:
> Trump is an ass and has failed at being President
> even worse than he failed at casinos. And steaks.
> And universities. And airlines. And vodka. And
> cologne. And on and on.

Perfect, Trump hater that loves to be told what to think AND doesn't mind giving their own money away AND spending everyone else's, too. Free everything for everyone, Here, have my money and have theirs too. BTW, living in a 10 by 10 apartment with 5 people and not owning a car, IS not the American Dream. If you want NYC values, go up there and live. I just read that the Mayor wants to outlaw skyscrapers next. Proof that there is NO limit for finding ways to reach out for more $$$$ and to oppress the ambition of Americans!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.