HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
buying a new car/SUV... which ones are less likely to cause me to get robbed or carjacked around here?
Posted by: FormerCarjackVictim ()
Date: March 30, 2008 07:06PM

buying a new car/SUV... which ones are less likely to cause me to get robbed or carjacked around here? (or anywhere in the DC metro area)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: buying a new car/SUV... which ones are less likely to cause me to get robbed or carjacked around here?
Posted by: CarMax ()
Date: March 30, 2008 07:41PM

any of these, i promise they wont get jacked

notice 3 out of 4 of them are American.
although newer American cars are much better and getting closer to Japanese reliability, older cars like that Grand Ass up there are least wanted and probably least likely to get stolen.

Re: buying a new car/SUV... which ones are less likely to cause me to get robbed or carjacked around here?
Posted by: Fravis ()
Date: March 30, 2008 07:42PM

Notice you can't count.

Posted by: Todd "Vinni" Wilkinson ()
Date: March 30, 2008 07:47PM

I am seriously considering getting a new Hummber H2.
The only problem is that I cannot decide on the color.

and yes, I have only an average-size male organ, but so what? :D

of course, after reading this thread, I'm wondering if
the H2 is a safe choice... also don't want to atract the
attention of all the crooks or illegals in this county. :(

Posted by: icallsemasiseesem ()
Date: March 30, 2008 08:05PM

Really, except for high-class stuff like ferrari, bmw, porsche, maybe lexus, etc.; most cars over 15 years old aren't worth a shit. And if they get stolen, you won't lose much.

Posted by: native ()
Date: March 30, 2008 08:06PM

get an escape, if you want a smaller SUV that is and you will never get robbed with one. Pretty much any jeep will do. As unprectical a hummer is, right now would be one of the better times to buy.

Date: March 30, 2008 08:07PM

get a lo-jack and good insurance

Posted by: Qravis ()
Date: March 30, 2008 08:11PM

get an 18-wheeler truck

Date: March 30, 2008 08:17PM

Qravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> get an 18-wheeler truck

Would be the nostalgia of where you finally lost your virginity to Uncle Bob?

Posted by: Zravis ()
Date: March 30, 2008 08:54PM

I reckon u get wunna dem truckzors

Posted by: hardworkingkoopa ()
Date: March 30, 2008 09:05PM

I too was in your position once. I decided to get a Yoshi instead, knowing they can be practical and much more inexpensive. Then one day, with my back turned, a black hooded man came and took my precious Yoshi..

I yelled, with all the power in my lungs, THAT NIGGA STOLE MY YOSHI!!!!

Posted by: Todd "Vinni" Wilkinson ()
Date: March 30, 2008 09:07PM

Is it ture that a manual-transmission car is less likely to be stolen?

I have a 3-year-old BMW 3-series coupe with a stick. (to be honest,
I've never driven a stick-shift until I bought this car... and I was
only able to drive it after a week of learning... and only with the
help with my aunt, of all people... )

Posted by: Jacked ()
Date: March 30, 2008 09:50PM

Get pink Volkswagen and paint flowers all over it. Put some
GLADD http://www.glaad.org/?gclid=CO2vse2dtpICFQ6SHgodCH6ckQ bumper
stickers all over it.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: March 31, 2008 11:05AM

i agree. do that.

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: March 31, 2008 11:10AM

Honda/Toyota.

Posted by: POPO ()
Date: March 31, 2008 03:36PM

if you get a honda/toyota and it's stolen at least you buy back your car in pieces on ebay

Posted by: Pravis ()
Date: March 31, 2008 03:57PM

lulz

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: April 03, 2008 11:05AM

I had a 1992 Geo Prism that got broken into 3 times, with an alarm. No car is safe..

Date: April 03, 2008 12:29PM

Adam Wrote:
> I had a 1992 Geo Prism that got broken into 3
> times, with an alarm. No car is safe..

You know I always wondered what would make one to buy a geo. I can understand a financial issues but you can always buy something less degreading for $500-$1000

There is honda accord then honda civic then walking then geo

Posted by: Proud Southerner ()
Date: April 03, 2008 12:42PM

Redneck SUV

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: April 03, 2008 12:43PM

Fravis Wrote:
> Notice you can't count.

I believe the first car is actually made out of two vehicles welded together.

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: April 03, 2008 07:58PM

native Wrote:
> Adam Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I had a 1992 Geo Prism that got broken into 3
> > times, with an alarm. No car is safe..
>
>
> You know I always wondered what would make one to
> buy a geo. I can understand a financial issues but
> you can always buy something less degreading for
> $500-$1000
>
> There is honda accord then honda civic then
> walking then geo

You're crazy, a Prizm is a great car! They are built on the same assembly line as a Toyota Corolla. I have a '98 Chevy (they dropped the Geo name for '98) Prizm and have had ZERO trouble with it in 150K miles. The Prizm was a grand or more cheaper than a Corolla, plus I had a big rebate built up on my GM card...only paid about 9 grand for the car brand new.

I'll agree that a Corolla isn't the jazziest car around, but for economical, reliable transportation it's just as good as a Honda Civic, which is also a great car.

Posted by: Because We Separate ()
Date: April 03, 2008 08:05PM

its true reliability and economy: Civic and Corolla, Accord and Camry; look no further

Posted by: redistricted ()
Date: April 04, 2008 06:07AM

Any car not parked in the SL HS parking lot.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: April 04, 2008 02:13PM

icallsemasiseesem Wrote:
> Really, except for high-class stuff like ferrari,
> bmw, porsche, maybe lexus, etc.; most cars over 15
> years old aren't worth a shit. And if they get
> stolen, you won't lose much.

Used Porche's are cheap because after about 70,000 miles they become maintainance hell. Damn German precision engineering!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 04, 2008 02:20PM

save the environment, get a vince-mobile!!!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
vince-mobile.jpg

Posted by: § ()
Date: April 04, 2008 05:38PM

I didn't realize there was a string of carjackings in Fairfax Co.. What.... maybe 3-4 annually vs. the 1M+ cars in the county? I'll take those odds and drive what the hell I want. -§

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.