HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pie Wie at Woodland Park- Asiatic contemporary-Herndon, Woodland Park and other locations
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:35PM

I liked Pei Wei's where I had previously bought take out food.

Like many many new restaurant concepts they have the number at the table so customers don't have to deal with waiters or waitresses. Waiters are just not professional in contemporary Virginia unlike my recent visit to New York where peoplem wait but be profeshionals in another area. You might see a professional waiter in China Town but probably older.

The food is light and just what you want.

They had brown rice. I don't know how many places where I have asked about brown rice and been told in a harsh tone, No. They don''t have it and don't like it or people who ask for it. At 58 I know people who are either dead or obese and eat white rice or refined flour I'll stick to brown rice. ( I heard the morning guy on WMAL say they also have this point of view this morning; they will not eat the buns (or anything else) on a egg McMuffin.

I had the hot and sour which was delicious as was the sauce on the Spicy Korean. The Tofu was firm, probably from dried tofu.

I remember King Ludwick who also detested servants and designed in his own copy of the palace of Versies a island on Lake Chemsey special tables that would travel through the floor and be set on the floor below so he didn't have to deal with them. I guess he would yell through the hole, " More whatever"

I also liked tea which came in it's own nylon infuser bag. I ordered white pear. The Imperial Japanese Family would drink white tea on New Years Day I once read on a tea box.

The colors were were also very interesting with red floor and some kind of dark brown wood on the tables.-Rod

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pie Wie at Woodland Park- Asiatic contemporary-Herndon, Woodland Park and other locations
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:44PM

I've only eaten there once, and I was really disappointed with their Pad Thai. It tasted like those pad thai packs you can buy at the grocery store. Not gross, just a really amteurish attempt at the dish. The spring rolls were kinda dull too. With the stellar choice of Asian cuisine we have around here, I wrote the place off as not worth it. But I know some people really love it...so what are some of the good things on the menu in case I decided to go back somtime?

Re: Pie Wie at Woodland Park- Asiatic contemporary-Herndon, Woodland Park and other locations
Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:47PM

is the the one by the Wegmans in Ashburn?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:50PM

Kiev Wrote:
>>> is the the one by the Wegmans in Ashburn?

I went to the one in Columbia, MD, but they do have locations in NoVA.

I think it's actually owned by (yawn) PF Changs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 02:51PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:59PM

Yeah I have tried it.

It was OK, I think they spend more $$$ on decor vs on food.

Posted by: Rocky ()
Date: March 27, 2008 07:57PM

It's a pretty nice place and the food is pretty tasty. The only problem is that the dining area at the one in Herndon is too small for the business the place does. The booths are only large enough for two people (one on each side of the table). For larger groups you usually have to push tables together.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 08:03PM

Have you tried Pei Pei in Sterling? Some funky tasting lemonaide I tell ya

Posted by: wizzer ()
Date: March 27, 2008 09:08PM

496 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you tried Pei Pei in Sterling? Some funky
> tasting lemonaide I tell ya

Every time I go there the lights look yellow, but by closing time they are clear.
I don't understand this phenomena?

Posted by: Rod ()
Date: March 28, 2008 10:51AM

I'd never tried Pad Thi concentrating instead on steamed vegetables and rice.I think most people order the same thing over and overnever wanting to be disapointed. Maybe people could send me or someone donations and I or they would order several dishes like I understand food critics do for the Washing Post and just sample them. Or maybe we could send a committee? I personally liked the single seats for booths which is just great for a couple and saves the restaraunt space. Maybe this is is a result of research? Another thing people like in modern dining concepts is visable kitchens so you can see if it's clean.-Rod

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.