HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Neighbors thumping music is driving me crazy
Posted by: MarvinM ()
Date: March 08, 2012 10:17PM

I live in a townhome in Burke and my neighbor's thumping music is frustrating me. This has been going on for at least four months now, since they moved in. They play music, which thumps through the walls, all day (usually starting at 1 or 2 p.m.) and all night (sometimes until 2 a.m. or even later). They all seem to be younger "party" type adults and this rave music is making me nuts. I suspect there is more going on over there than just loud music. I have even banged on the wall, super loud, a few times and they got the message and turned down the music. I don't know what to do. I know I can call the cops when it is after 11 p.m. (to date, I have not) but what about 6 p.m. or so? It's not illegal for them to be inconsiderate. I am really frustrated. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help me shut them up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Neighbors thumping music is driving me crazy
Posted by: Riley Martin ()
Date: March 08, 2012 10:24PM

if it's a nigger, good luck. the moon crickets do that shit all the time..call the cops.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: March 09, 2012 03:34AM

Complain to the cops. They'll come out give, if they hear it they'll give a warning. If they have to come out again same night it's a ticket, third time around is jail. I know I get complained on all the time.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: March 09, 2012 03:37AM

Noise violations are 24/7. Set times only apply to construction etc

Posted by: wagner in the morning ()
Date: March 09, 2012 05:01AM

Posted by: Do It ()
Date: March 09, 2012 06:16AM

Call the COPS
spacer112.gif

Posted by: ahh the joys of ()
Date: March 09, 2012 08:54AM

common wall living....
i feel your pain. but before you call the cops, nut or vag up and talk with them, tell them the bass is going right through the walls. but be respectful, indicate you dont mind the noise in controlled doses, even the random blow out, but a constant thumping especially in the middle of the night isnt cool. if theyre renters...good luck, as they might take a "so what" type of stance. if they are renters, and they blow you off, contact the hoa who will in turn contact the owner. some hoa's can get pretty nasty in those situations, to both the renters and the owner. if those dont work, then obviously the police can be brought on the scene. try the human civil approach first, see where that gets you.

you obviously understand that common wall living has it's inherent share of irratations when it comes to neighbors noise generation. youre going to get that, it's going to be annoying, and youre going to have to deal with it. excessive noise, like you describe, is not something to deal with for very long.

be happy you dont have a bitch neighbor who complains about your farts being too loud. when i lived in autumn woods apts, the faggoty neighbor once complained about my door closing too loud, at three in the afternoon?! i so wanted to push him down the long flight of steps leading up to our units.

Posted by: open eyez ()
Date: March 09, 2012 08:59AM

ahh the joys of Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> common wall living....
> i feel your pain. but before you call the cops,
> nut or vag up and talk with them, tell them the
> bass is going right through the walls. but be
> respectful, indicate you dont mind the noise in
> controlled doses, even the random blow out, but a
> constant thumping especially in the middle of the
> night isnt cool. if theyre renters...good luck,
> as they might take a "so what" type of stance. if
> they are renters, and they blow you off, contact
> the hoa who will in turn contact the owner. some
> hoa's can get pretty nasty in those situations, to
> both the renters and the owner. if those dont
> work, then obviously the police can be brought on
> the scene. try the human civil approach first,
> see where that gets you.
>
> you obviously understand that common wall living
> has it's inherent share of irratations when it
> comes to neighbors noise generation. youre going
> to get that, it's going to be annoying, and youre
> going to have to deal with it. excessive noise,
> like you describe, is not something to deal with
> for very long.
>
> be happy you dont have a bitch neighbor who
> complains about your farts being too loud. when i
> lived in autumn woods apts, the faggoty neighbor
> once complained about my door closing too loud, at
> three in the afternoon?! i so wanted to push him
> down the long flight of steps leading up to our
> units.

+1 given what can be offered as advice on FFXU, this is Nobel Prize winning stuff.

Posted by: novelidea ()
Date: March 09, 2012 11:54AM

I know it's scary and hard to think about but why don't you just have a friendly conversation with your neighbor? They probably have no idea how loud it is and are not at all interested in bothering you.

Posted by: Mr. Insensitive ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:21PM

Call the cops anonymously and tell them that there are suspicious person(s) in the car and that you can see drugs and guns. Nothing gets those porkers out there faster than a call like that.

Posted by: Libertarian ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:32PM

If my neighbor was playing Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, KISS, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden or Metallica, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:34PM

I had that problem once in my townhouse in Bowie - walked next door, told my neighbor my walls were shaking, he turned the sound down and never again turned it up to the wall-shaking level for the entire time I lived there.

He had a black belt in karate, about 6'3", don't know his weight but he didn't have any fat on him at all and LOOKED like a running back football player, had at least three brands on various parts of his body (omega character), and probably could have broken me (at 6'2" and not any fat on MY body at the time) into tiny little pieces with BOTH hands tied behind his back.

But he was reasonable, understood my dismay, and corrected the problem as a good neighbor would.

So...you know...why not mosey on over next door and mention, politely, that the music is too loud?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:35PM

shoot through the walls where the music is the loudest

pro: they might take the hint and turn the music off

con: if they don't, the music will be louder on account of the holes...

Posted by: how to win ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:45PM

Just play these on repeat. You will win...

Posted by: warm leather ()
Date: March 09, 2012 01:38PM

This should help...

Posted by: bobby ()
Date: March 09, 2012 02:50PM

Don't be a dick and call the cops, why don't you just knock on the door and politely ask them if they could turn the music down? If the refuse to answer the door and/or continue to play loud music then call the cops.

Posted by: Soccer Mom ()
Date: March 09, 2012 04:26PM

All the guys in the neighborhood like me, so I just ask them to go over to "have a few words" with those loud negroes. Although in our neighborhood, now we have wetbacks and some chink gang wannabee's.

Posted by: rex ()
Date: December 09, 2012 10:01PM

why does race have to be an issue

Posted by: SD ()
Date: December 10, 2012 07:24AM

Play this on repeat at max volume.

They'll move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-JM1p1_Hk

Posted by: Smarty McFarty ()
Date: December 10, 2012 07:31AM

Call the cops, say you smell what you think is marijuana coming from their townhouse. This will get them inside them home and maybe you will luck out. Also, perhaps they rent. If so, try contacting the landlord and complain every time they do it. They'll be out of there in no time. Be an adult about it. You don't owe them anything, so if you don't want to talk with them, you do not have to. Fuck em.

Posted by: Isis ()
Date: December 18, 2012 10:08AM

How would you like it if these rednecks were your neighbors. The daughter is a drug addicted theif. The son is a raging alcoholic and fights at the drop of the hat. I am scared for my young children to go out when they are out. And to make matters worse, we are not white. They cuss us out and threaten us. We cant afford to move...ugh. We try to ignore them but sometimes their racial slurs are to much.

RITTENBERRY ","BILLY ","E","049"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","10/29/2007","HOV VIOLATION "
"RITTENBERRY ","BILLY ","E","050"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","02/28/2008","FOLLOWING TOO CLOSE "
"RITTENBERRY ","BILLY ","E","051"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","09/03/2009","IMPROPER LANE CHANGE "
"RITTENBERRY ","BOBBIE ","D","027"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","04/20/2006","65-69MPH/45MPH ZONE "
"RITTENBERRY ","CHARLES "," ","041"," 150","RIDGEWOOD ","LN","FRONT ROYAL ","VA","08/17/2009","45-49MPH/25MPH ZONE "
"RITTENBERRY ","CHARLES ","W","038"," 150","RIDGEWOOD ","LA","FRONT ROYAL ","VA","01/08/2006","DESTRUCTION-PRIV PROP "
"RITTENBERRY ","CHARLES ","W","038"," 150","RIDGEWOOD ","LA","FRONT ROYAL ","VA","01/08/2006","DESTRUCTION-PRIV PROP "
"RITTENBERRY ","CHARLES ","W","038"," 150","RIDGEWOOD ","LA","FRONT ROYAL ","VA","01/08/2006","DRUNK IN PUBLIC OR PROFANE "
"RITTENBERRY ","JOHN ","W","018"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","05/19/2004","RECEIVE STOLEN PROPERTY $200 + "
"RITTENBERRY ","JOHN ","W","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","09/03/2006","DRUNK IN PUBLIC OR PROFANE "
"RITTENBERRY ","JOHN ","W","021"," 5805","WOODLAWN GABLE #T ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","11/06/2007","NO OL IN POSS "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","018"," ","UNKNOWN "," "," "," ","12/03/2007","GR LARC-OTHER "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","019"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/12/2008","CREDIT CARD FRAUD "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","019"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/12/2008","CREDIT CARD THEFT "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","019"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/12/2008","FORGERY "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","019"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/12/2008","IDENTITY FRAUD "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","019"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/26/2008","P/ID OTHER HALLUCINOGENIC "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","019"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/26/2008","POSS MARIJUANA "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","019"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","07/28/2008","FAIL TO APPEAR ON FELONY CHARGE "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","02/18/2009","CONTEMPT OF COURT "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","02/18/2009","FAIL TO APPEAR ON FELONY CHARGE "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","08/13/2009","FAIL WEAR SAFETY BELT "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","11/12/2009","FAIL PAY FULL TIME & ATTENTION "
"RITTENBERRY ","SABRINA "," ","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","11/12/2009","FAIL PAY FULL TIME & ATTENTION "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","018"," 8127","NOORWOOD ","DR","ALEX ","VA","09/03/2006","DRUNK IN PUBLIC OR PROFANE "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","018"," 8127","NOORWOOD ","DR","ALEX ","VA","09/29/2006","RECKLE SPEEDING 20 MPH OVER LIMIT "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/14/2008","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","01/14/2008","RECKLE/SPEED OVER 80 MPH "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","08/31/2008","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","08/31/2008","RECKLE SPEEDING 20 MPH OVER LIMIT "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","020"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","09/01/2008","DWI-ALCOHOL "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","021"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","06/06/2009","DRUNK IN PUBLIC OR PROFANE "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","021"," 8127","NORWOOD ","DR","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","06/06/2009","POSS MARIJUANA "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","021"," 8555","HYMAN ","WY","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","06/07/2009","POSS MARIJUANA "
"RITTENBERRY ","SAM ","H","021"," 8555","HYMAN ","WY","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","08/30/2009","DRUNK IN PUBLIC OR PROFANE "

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: December 18, 2012 11:08AM

ROFLMAO!!!
Attachments:
MightyFunny.gif

Posted by: John Moore ()
Date: December 18, 2012 12:29PM

Sam...you are a douche. Look me up when you get out of jail.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:48PM

I'd say the Rittenberry family has some mental illness running through the family.

Posted by: haeffingha ()
Date: December 18, 2012 03:22PM

Haha..I used to be friends with sabrina. They are all bi-polar. If you catch them on a good day they are the nicest people you could know....bad day...LOOK OUT! Sabrina messed up but the very people she robbed blind to the tune of $100,000 + are her enablers. Her parents. Sad situation over there.

Posted by: WoW! ()
Date: December 19, 2012 11:22AM

Guess I wont complain about my neighbors anymore!

Posted by: Thumper ()
Date: December 19, 2012 12:14PM

I have been on both sides of this. When younger I would crank the music, older I had a neighbor who would do the same back.

The best way is to be friends with them and explain your situation. 9 times out of ten they will keep the music down out of respect. Get their phone number and call them when it gets to loud.

If it continues then contact the landlord or the police. After they get enough complaints they'll stop or move their parties elsewhere.

Posted by: Thumper ()
Date: December 19, 2012 12:17PM

Oh and after a while of talking with my neighbor about the music I got to be good friends with them and the music didn't really both me anymore.

In fact I would just get a laugh out of thinking about it, "Yup they are partying it up again."

Posted by: yousef ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:24AM

WoW! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guess I wont complain about my neighbors anymore!

Whatever happened to the golden rule? Why can't people respect neighbors like we used to do? I live in a townbome community and peoople put loose trash out on these windy days and it ends up in everybody elses yad. One guy has even left a car battery in his parking space for several days now.

How have we become such a rude nation? Entitlement, probably. Rudness should not be an acceptable behavior and nobody should allow themselves to be disrespected by the rude assholes.

Start standing up to rude people and let them know they are douche bags. Maybe a few will get the hint.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:28AM

There is no reasoning with arrogant Yuppies or ignorant third world primitives.

Posted by: Sabrina ()
Date: December 12, 2015 12:03PM

Let's see people post their true names and not be Internet trolls! Think of how people have changed and become better, rude ignorance is what it is.

Posted by: Carumba ()
Date: March 16, 2016 03:20PM

Did that. Neighbor stated that he liked his music loud. After a few calls to the cops and anger escalated, I sold my house.

Posted by: niggers dont care ()
Date: March 16, 2016 03:35PM

Niggers gonna nig

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.