HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Noisy Neighbours
Posted by: native ()
Date: March 23, 2008 06:43PM

I live in an apartment complex and our new neighbours are very noisy past a reasonable hour. They seem to be ok people but there are just certain things you have to consider when you are sharing walls with 3 other families. I am just getting really tired of the music and base past hours. Should I just talk to them or is there a way I can have an officer give them a notice? Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Noisy Neighbours
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: March 23, 2008 06:54PM

I would just talk with them in a very nice way with a smile. When I lived in an apartment I would play my music a little loud at times and the neighbors would just knock on the door or call and ask me to turn it down. I did the same if one the neighbors was loud.

Posted by: Eardrum ()
Date: March 23, 2008 07:02PM

Talk to them once and be polite. If that doesnt work, complain to mgmt. If
that doesnt work, call the cops repeatedly until they get the message. Or,
buy a much bigger stereo than theirs and play it when you know they're trying to
sleep.

Posted by: Lulu ()
Date: March 23, 2008 07:03PM

You have every right to call the non emergency number if it is really late at night and they won't stop. However, I would only do this if the idea of speaking to them made you uncomfortable for whatever reason. Hopefully that's not the case.

Date: March 23, 2008 07:16PM

I just don't know if I am being reasonable since they only do it usually on friday and saturday and quite the rest of the week. I can only hear them if I am in the living room, if I go into the bedroom I usually can't hear a thing. Part of me thinks maybe I should just learn to live with it and give them a break as they work the whole week and probably just want to unwind on the weekends but at the same time I pay the rent too just like them and feel like I should be able to enjoy comfort of an apartment whenever I want to. I party too but never at my apartment as I feel that would be rude to my neighbours, especially to the ones below me as they have a new born.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 23, 2008 09:43PM

native Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in an apartment complex and our new
> neighbours are very noisy past a reasonable hour.

good, you deserve it. ;)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 23, 2008 09:47PM

I'd shoot 1st and ask later.

Date: March 23, 2008 09:48PM

Hm I though I would almost get this one past you but no.......Getting rusty Gravis!!!

Date: March 23, 2008 09:51PM

496 Wrote:
> I'd shoot 1st and ask later.

Yeah, not like I havent thought about it. Van Dam through the fucking wall with a 12 gauge!!( Kool-Aid style)

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 23, 2008 09:53PM

native Wrote:
> Hm I though I would almost get this one past you
> but no.......Getting rusty Gravis!!!

dont worry, your neighbors will help me out. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.