HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFX Bar recommendations for an old noob?
Posted by: OldNoob ()
Date: March 05, 2012 06:13PM

Looking for bar recommendations in Tysons/Mclean/Falls Church. Recently divorced, which has led me to rediscover a long-lost love of sitting at a bar. Preferably a bar that has the occasional fine woman to flirt with. Don't mind dive bars, dislike chains.

Any pointers from you fine FFXr's? Would be tremendously appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFX Bar recommendations for an old noob?
Posted by: perspective ()
Date: March 05, 2012 06:16PM

Virginia doesn't have bars just sayin'

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: March 05, 2012 06:22PM

Thanks, I know that.

But to the OP, will you have any money left after the divorce? How old are you? Were I in your position if I am looking to end up with something possibly lasting I'd try to find places suited to my income level and profession. But without knowing those things it is hard to make recommendations... the answer is different if you are 30 than if you are 50.

If you are looking just for hookups maybe try hotel restaurants within easy taxi range of Dulles to sample business travelers.

Posted by: Samhain ()
Date: March 05, 2012 06:26PM

You come across like a sad middle aged man with a horseshoe hairline, all around dumpy physique and near empty pockets. The only hope for you is the bar at the 1320 Club in the ghetto part of Springfield. Those girls will pretend to like you as long as you have .50 to $1! Good luck, OldBoob.

Date: March 05, 2012 06:36PM

I am 47, in great shape, have all my hair, and a fair amount of disposable income.

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, any recommendations?

Date: March 05, 2012 06:40PM

Waters Edge in Occoquan. Every night it's filled with tatted up trailer trash girls in their 20s. As an old guy throwing around a lot of money, you will have no shortage of attention. Downside: you will need a lot of your disposable income to take care of your newly acquired herpes, chlamydia and lice. Just prioritize and budget if the GED, hairdressing, 24 y/o single mom attracts you.

Date: March 05, 2012 06:44PM

Samhain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waters Edge in Occoquan. Every night it's filled
> with tatted up trailer trash girls in their 20s.
> As an old guy throwing around a lot of money, you
> will have no shortage of attention. Downside: you
> will need a lot of your disposable income to take
> care of your newly acquired herpes, chlamydia and
> lice. Just prioritize and budget if the GED,
> hairdressing, 24 y/o single mom attracts you.

-> Tysons/Mclean/Falls Church
-> occasional fine woman

You sir, have failed miserably. Move along.

Date: March 05, 2012 06:46PM

Come on, OldBoob! It's a big world. Why box yourself into a few square miles? This midlife crisis you're going through is the perfect time to expand your horizons.

Date: March 05, 2012 06:48PM

But if you insist on creeping on all the local women of Tysons Corner, just try every bar inside the better restaurants at Tysons I and II until you find the one that works best for you, i.e. filled with equally desperate women.

Date: March 05, 2012 07:03PM

I find it fascinating that replies are primarily focused on a desire to get me laid. That was surely not my intent. I like to sit and drink beer, get a bit daffy, and perchance, talk to women.

As for location, my driver is a bit of a stickler as to where he would advise taking the Bentley. I've never heard of this Occoquan place, but I suspect it is both droll and provincial.

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: March 05, 2012 07:08PM

>I find it fascinating that replies are primarily focused on a desire to get me laid. That was surely not my intent. I like to sit and drink beer, get a bit daffy, and perchance, talk to women.

As for location, my driver is a bit of a stickler as to where he would advise taking the Bentley. I've never heard of this Occoquan place, but I suspect it is both droll and provincial.

In that case my good sir, do try the Ritz at Tysons on Thursday nights.

Date: March 05, 2012 07:13PM

I second that. The Ritz is well known for it's Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby connections. Many multi generational couples began there. OldBoob must have met the realization that at this point in his divorced middle aged life that the only "fine women" who would show interest in him are cold blooded gold diggers. He may be willing to take on one of these empty relationships to stave off loneliness and death and to spite his ex family.

Posted by: Salvo Montalbano ()
Date: March 05, 2012 11:49PM

I forget the name of that Irish bar in Falls Church corner of Broad and Lee Hwy. And Tallwood Inn/ Tavern across the street

Chics and Wings in Tysons is a bar you can linger for awhile and won't feel to out of place being on the older side. as for fine looking women never really seen one they don't even bother hiring attractive bartendresses

does Old Brogue count?

Whats the small neighborhood bar in Tysons behind the shopping cednter that has Whole Foods/Jason's Deli

Posted by: occoquan ()
Date: March 06, 2012 01:16AM

Occoquan is a quaint place with some decent places. There's a seafood join there with good food and a seperate bar. And there a belgium beer place that recently opened up called cock and bells or something if you're into the fancier beers. Other than that try your local red lobster, ruby tuesdays, applebees..something that's not crowded with kids(like fridays) but still has people you can mingle with.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: March 06, 2012 08:26AM

Jesus, did you even read his post? He said he dislikes chains so lets recommend Red Lobster and Applebees, douche bag.

The bar at Capitol Grill is pretty nice, only been in once or twice though and had a drink before dinner. There is also a McCormick and Schmick's in Tysons's that has a decent bar, it's a chain but not like Red Lobster or Friday's, and they used to have some pretty good happy hour food deals with the purchase of a beverage.

Date: March 06, 2012 06:00PM

Went to Ireland's Four Provinces down on Broad street, not to shabby. Will try one or two of the other recommendations tonight.

Posted by: Fred Kodak ()
Date: March 06, 2012 09:12PM

Don't forget to bring back pics and post 'em here for the benefit of all of those who've contributed to your mission!

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:18AM

Clydes is a chain, but it's a good bet for your request.

I think it's called the old english pub, that's pretty good as well.

Date: March 07, 2012 11:13AM

Fred Kodak Wrote:
> Don't forget to bring back pics and post 'em here
> for the benefit of all of those who've contributed
> to your mission!

Oh, I'll have to start taking g-rated pictures then.

Date: March 07, 2012 11:16AM

Shadow Wrote:
> Clydes is a chain, but it's a good bet for your
> request.
>
> I think it's called the old english pub, that's
> pretty good as well.

Have been to Clydes in Tysons enough time to know all the bartenders by name. Kind of a dingy place, but the bartenders are professional, friendly and keep the beer filled at all times.

Went there last night....in spite of a guitar fellow/singer, it was dead. I almost wondered if it was Lepers Drink Free Night or something. Seriously dead.

I'll look up Old English Pub, thanks for the recommendation.

Posted by: night life of tysons? ()
Date: March 07, 2012 08:46PM

Mark's Pub in a little shopping center behind the shopping center with jason'Deli and Whole Foods on leesburg pike
idylwood grill in same shopping center as mark's pub. look for the subway at the front.

Is the Old English Pub in 7 corners across from the shopping center on Leesburg Pike?

There's a nice little bar in the Marriott I go to sometimes in the fall to catch a football game during the day. decent food. figure it probably closes around 11 pm though.

dogwood tavern, not Tallwood in Falls Church across from Four Provinces

Posted by: go west old man ()
Date: March 07, 2012 08:56PM

You may find this strange but I have hit the bars in Winchester. Sure the drive was much further but the women were nicer and less demanding than the stuck up cunts in Fairfax. More relaxed and less attitude. On a whole much better looking than here too.

Posted by: Drinker ()
Date: March 07, 2012 09:08PM

I like McKeever's in McLean, used to be George's many moons ago. It's small, kinda quiet, but a regular clientele. Sometimes there's a cute bartender, but I haven't been for some time so I don't if that's still the case.

I was gonna say 4Ps but you've already been there. Not a bad place, but was a million times better before it changed hands a few years back.

Posted by: pacman ()
Date: March 07, 2012 09:38PM

John's Place in Fairfax.

Posted by: paytriots cafe ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:02PM

quality!

Posted by: out of your way ()
Date: March 08, 2012 01:35AM

Most likely out of your way but madfox and the old brogue are nice places with good food

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.