HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Grand Larceny
Posted by: Sandy ()
Date: March 04, 2012 05:23PM

Hello. Yesterday, I had done something incredibly stupid. I took my friend of mine to Walmart and when we left the store, the Lost Prevention stopped us. The LP stopped us because my friend had possession of ten $60 games in his Walmart shopping bag. The lost prevention had believed that I helped my friend put the games in the bag. My friend is under 18 and is going to court sometime this month. I, however, am going to court this Wednesday on March 7.

The problem is that: 1. When my friend put the games in the bag, while I was at the gardening section and away from my friend.
2. The LP believed that I was helping my friend out because I was pushing the cart.
3. I am charged for Grand Larceny and Stolen property :W/ intent to sell.

This is my first offense, and I am extremely scared. I just turned 18, so I am going to the General District court. When we left the store, I told my friend to leave before me, since I wanted to look around some more. As my friend approach the exit, he was stopped by the Lost Prevention. Sadly, I walked to the exit 8 seconds after my friend got caught. I had no idea that he placed 10 games in the bag!

Overall, they said this crime is a felony, grand larceny. My father went berserk when he heard the news and he claimed I am going to jail for 20 years! Also,I just recently got accepted to VCU and GMU.

Am I going to receive any harsh consequences?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grand Larceny
Posted by: sad but true ()
Date: March 04, 2012 05:25PM

no, your just a stupid cunt...that is all.

Posted by: idjot ()
Date: March 04, 2012 05:37PM

Sandy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello. Yesterday, I had done something incredibly
> stupid. I took my friend of mine to Walmart and
> when we left the store, the Lost Prevention
> stopped us. The LP stopped us because my friend
> had possession of ten $60 games in his Walmart
> shopping bag. The lost prevention had believed
> that I helped my friend put the games in the bag.
> My friend is under 18 and is going to court
> sometime this month. I, however, am going to court
> this Wednesday on March 7.
>
> The problem is that: 1. When my friend put the
> games in the bag, while I was at the gardening
> section and away from my friend.
> 2. The LP believed that I was
> helping my friend out because I was pushing the
> cart.
> 3. I am charged for Grand
> Larceny and Stolen property :W/ intent to sell.
>
> This is my first offense, and I am extremely
> scared. I just turned 18, so I am going to the
> General District court. When we left the store, I
> told my friend to leave before me, since I wanted
> to look around some more. As my friend approach
> the exit, he was stopped by the Lost Prevention.
> Sadly, I walked to the exit 8 seconds after my
> friend got caught. I had no idea that he placed 10
> games in the bag!
>
> Overall, they said this crime is a felony, grand
> larceny. My father went berserk when he heard the
> news and he claimed I am going to jail for 20
> years! Also,I just recently got accepted to VCU
> and GMU.
>
> Am I going to receive any harsh consequences?

Why didn't you run when LP tried to stop you? They're not cops. Once you're off the property you're home free.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: March 04, 2012 05:44PM

How did you get a hold of these games anyway? Wal Mart and Target keep the games locked in cabinets and you have to pay at the electronics counter before you get the games.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: FoodIsGood ()
Date: March 05, 2012 02:25AM

Sandy Wrote:
> told my friend to leave before me, since I wanted
> to look around some more.

Seems kind of odd that you would want your friend to leave before you just because you wanted to look around some more. Especially since you "took" your friend there, which I take to mean you drove your friend there. If this is the case, why would your friend want to wait outside for you to finish "looking around?"

Posted by: Buddy ()
Date: March 05, 2012 02:36AM

You need to find some new friends.

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: March 05, 2012 03:03AM

Yeah...that's pretty stupid. Your friend is a dumbfuck, especially if he didn't even alert you in advance.

But, you fucked up when you allowed loss prevention to stop you. They have no REAL power. You should've fought tooth and nail to get away from them (assuming you had not just made a purchase with a credit/debit card).

Now? Well, you're kind of fucked. Get a lawyer. A good one.

Posted by: BeenThere ()
Date: March 05, 2012 09:48AM

I saw "Loss Prevention" beat the hell out of a kid one time. He was even still in the store. He got charged with Concealing Merchandise or some such charge, so no you do not have to be on/off the property to be charged.

Posted by: Bob Dole ()
Date: March 05, 2012 10:09AM

Ding an sich Wrote:
> Get a lawyer. A
> good one.

Hi, I'm Bob Dole. Bob Dole is a good lawyer. As someone with a long record of ... being alive, I would like to give my advice on the matter.

No words can adequately convey the sadness felt by all Americans over this act of unmitigated evil. Bob Dole in particular is especially saddened. Your friend has betrayed you, and betrayal always hurts. We've got a lot of good people here who feel strongly about your case and about your winning it.
The German drug addict is right. You should hire a good, famous lawyer/politician.

I'm Bob Dole.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: March 05, 2012 12:40PM

It was not smart to post about this on the web. Don't you remember the part when they were reading you your rights and they said "you have the right to remain silent" and "anything you say can be used against you"? They weren't just talking about while you were in police custody. They meant anything you say to ANYONE other than your attorney and your priest.

What you said in your post might not seem to be a big deal to you now. You are innocent, right? and innocent people have nothing to fear from the truth. This is a common mistake. Little details could make a big difference when the time comes for your trial. The prosecutor might have difficulty with the fact that cameras can't place you near your "friend" when he was taking the stuff. However thanks to your nice little comment about your friend going ahead of you he could easily say to the jury that you were aware that your friend had the stuff on him before he left the store and you were working to help him out. Goodbye not guilty; Hello aiding and abetting. Had you kept your mouth shut it was possible to argue that the separation between you two was due to either 1) your friend booking for the exit to get away while innocent you was proceeding in a normal pace; or 2) the separation was because you were putting your stuff away before heading out. A good attorney knows how to take an action and spin it so that it appears more innocent (or more guilty-prosecutors do it as well) than it was. By blabbing on the net you may have denied your attorney the opportunity to put the right spin on this.

My advice. First, understand this person you went shopping with IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. Any person who is willing to put you at risk criminally does not have your back. He obviously took advantage of you before, and do not be surprised if he seeks to hang the whole thing on you now. Second, go out and find a decent criminal defense lawyer, be brutally honest with him about every stupid thing you did in this whole affair, INCLUDING POSTING THIS ON THE NET, and then follow his instructions TO THE LETTER. One of the things a good defense attorney will try to do is lay his hands on the security footage which will hopefully verify your version of events. Finally accept the fact that you screwed up here. You may not have been a criminal, but being stupid around people who are criminals makes it easy for others to label you a criminal.

Posted by: grab the soap ()
Date: March 05, 2012 12:56PM

Watch you cornhole because it's going to be someone's new best friend soon.

Posted by: Translate please ()
Date: March 05, 2012 12:59PM

Amigo es raton de queso. LEarn it, live it.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 05, 2012 01:12PM

Who was your arresting officer?

Posted by: No goats ()
Date: March 05, 2012 01:20PM

LP? Sounds like obesse rent-a-cops you could have escaped from.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 05, 2012 01:21PM

Hopefully you were tuned up with a night stick.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 05, 2012 02:02PM

Is this you???

GC12033955-00 MENDENHALL, CAMERON R WAHRHAFTIG, S A GRND LARCENY: >=$200 NOT PERSN 09:20 AM

GC12033956-00 MENDENHALL, CAMERON R WAHRHAFTIG, S A STLN PRPRTY:INT TO SELL >=$200 09:20 AM

Posted by: Granny Smith ()
Date: March 05, 2012 10:49PM

Harsh consequences? A lying little tart like you needs some harsh consequences to wake you up. Here's hoping your poor dad is right and you get 20 years.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: March 06, 2012 09:36AM

Uhhhhh grand larceny is theft of 200 + in Virginia, not $60..........
And yes, always run. Walmart has a hands off policy. Which means, their LP can't touch, restrain you. Just walk away !!!!

Posted by: RIF ()
Date: March 06, 2012 11:09AM

^ "ten $60 games"

Posted by: jude law ()
Date: March 06, 2012 11:21AM

ComeOn Wrote:
> Uhhhhh grand larceny is theft of 200 + in
> Virginia, not $60..........
> And yes, always run. Walmart has a hands off
> policy. Which means, their LP can't touch,
> restrain you. Just walk away !!!!

First they can detain you. Second if you run I would find your defense that you knew nothing about it laughable since you took off.

18.2-105.1. Detention of suspected shoplifter.

A merchant, agent or employee of the merchant, who has probable cause to believe that a person has shoplifted in violation of 18.2-95 or 18.2-96 or 18.2-103, on the premises of the merchant, may detain such person for a period not to exceed one hour pending arrival of a law-enforcement officer.

(1976, c. 515.)

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: March 06, 2012 11:26AM

You knew what was going on. You were the diversion. You will meet new friends in the free house. And forget about college, don't waste the old mans money. Start hagning at the Fairview Marriott.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.