HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Where can I buy guns around Fairfax?
Posted by: Answers ()
Date: March 29, 2009 01:43PM

11B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think the idea of people "defending their
> > property" in the event of social/economic
> collapse
> > is laughable.
> >

From someone who's lived through an economic collapse:

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2008/10/mistakes-survivalists-make.html

"Maybe the one that rubs me the wrong way the most concerns retreats. It’s also something many survivalists consider the summit of their preparations. A self sufficient fortification-ranch, with the nearest neighbor several miles away.

Isolated farms or retreats are targeted and are often victims of robbery and in some cases extremely violent home invasions. You may have 6-10 able men you are counting on to defend it when TSHTF… “when TSHTF” …so they aren’t there right now? Then you don’t have them, nor will you have them when you need them, most likely.
The isolation works to the attackers favor, who often take their time having their way with everything and everyone inside the house.

The “away from everything” theory just doesn’t work when taken to the field. Happens here and same happens in Africa where ranchers and farmers have to fight rebels, rogues or whatever they are calling them these days.

They’ll find you, they’ll know about you one way or the other. You cant hide simply by living a gas tank away from the city. If there’s a road that reaches your place, you are fair game, doesn’t matter if it’s a dirt road in poor condition. You get there with a car/truck? So can bad guys.

You are obviously safer from small time robberies or pickpocketers and snathcers, but you are more vulnerable to the worst kind of criminals. Not that living in a city or suburbs makes it MUCH safer, but I’d rather live here where I live now than in a farm house any day of the week. People can somehow organize to hire security, talk to the police. Yes, most people border idiotic and are pretty clueless, but it’s better than being alone with no chance of even trying to convince people.
I’m not talking about living in a large city being the best option, I’m talking about living in a small town or community, looking for safety in numbers but avoiding the problems of a metropolis.

I definitely would choose a house in a small town or subdivision near a city, rather than a far away retreat.
Rather than looking for the ultimate self reliance retreat in the middle of nowhere, look for a subdivision where you have enough land, where you can keep a small orchard and some small critters if you want, a place with a basement where you can build a NBC shelter as time and money allows. That’s what I’d look forward to if living in US."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 05:06PM

Walter Sobchek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean like it did in 1993? LMAO
>
> You were trying to make some sort of point or were
> you just proclaiming to the world your abject
> stupidity and ignorance?

People like you have been declaring the nation over since it started.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 29, 2009 08:44PM

formerhick76 Wrote:
>>>> People like you have been declaring the nation over since it started.

Walter Sobchek is just some jerkoff redneck who also posts under the names Bull Conner, Bill Sykes, Steve Wilhite, Sammy Septictank, etc. He usually comes in here on weekends (usually Sundays) to spout a bunch of racist nonsense. Pay no attention to his white trash idiocy. I'm sure he's a *complete* coward in real life who would never be man enough to say this shit to anyone's faces.

Posted by: Pancho ()
Date: March 29, 2009 09:02PM

I'm not sure what suggestions were made in this thread, and I don't feel like reading through all of it, but I'd suggest going to VA Arms and Guns n Ammo in Manassas. Those are two of the best gun shops around. Also try and go to The Nations Gun Show on April 24-26 at the Dulles Expo. They have over 1000 tables of guns, ammo, and accessories. Good luck!

Posted by: Chad ()
Date: April 01, 2009 02:30PM

I'll tell you where to get a gun, if u promise to shoot yourself in the head when you get it.

Posted by: KoreanThinkTank ()
Date: April 01, 2009 02:43PM

I most definitely need to buy a gun, where can I find one, please?

I carry a very,very heavy cross with a White Jesus nailed to it.

Posted by: D ()
Date: April 07, 2009 10:57AM

I have a savage 270 with scope for sale or hey dude with the 44 mag wanna trade?

Posted by: il ()
Date: April 07, 2009 03:58PM

guns are bad nummmmkay

Posted by: Mr Litpon Tea ()
Date: April 07, 2009 04:16PM

Guns are so old school. Tasers! Yo!

Posted by: Bill of Rights ()
Date: April 22, 2009 05:10PM

For all of you obama-loving, gun haters out there: IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT, WHY NOT GO AHEAD AND TEAR UP THE ENTIRE BILL OF RIGHTS. God bless VA and our *current* right to own guns (easily)

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.