HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gas stations in Burke
Posted by: sticking it to youse ()
Date: February 28, 2012 03:28PM

Do not buy gas from either Shell station or the Exxon on Burke Centre Pkwy. The price for regular is $3.89. About one mile down the road at Keene Mill and Lee Chapel it is $3.67

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gas stations in Burke
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: February 28, 2012 04:02PM

it's the convenience factor, my friend.

If I'm only getting 10-20 bucks, maybe I'm willing to pay a 50 cents-a buck more if it's not taking me 5 miles out my way, is all I'm saying.

...........and anywho, some ppl dont like dancing the tango at ExpressStop, y'know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 06:21AM by Gordon Blvd.

Posted by: Tea Leaves ()
Date: February 28, 2012 04:30PM

Thanks to the President, Congress, OPEC, Wall Street, and a host of others, this is everywhere, not just Burke.

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: February 28, 2012 04:47PM

First off, you're not the boss of me. And are you kidding? That former BP? The pumps are slow, you have to enter in about 50 things before you start pumping, no handle stops and people are always lined up, blocking OKM traffic so they piss me off to start. It's a disaster and constant accidents (of which less than half the patrons have insurance). It looks like a third world nation over there and then you have to stare at all the fat asses coming out of McDonalds while it takes 12 minutes to fill up your tank. They should just import that gas station into the Walmart where it belongs.

I gladly go out of the way and pay more not to have to interact with the poor folk and risk life and limb just to safe a few pennies. I love Exxon and Shell. No lines and no smelly people nearby. I'm not sure what the price point is exactly but I'd have to say at even a $1 more, it's not worth my time. But that's just me! You go where you like.

Posted by: ocdZ ()
Date: February 28, 2012 04:49PM

that place is always packed. i always look forward to the people yelling at one another over who was in line first. if you're gas cap is on the right side id avoid this station during peak hours.

Posted by: ocdZ ()
Date: February 28, 2012 05:02PM

any station that has cars at every pump is going to be slow to pump. those other station dont have lines because their gas is 20-30 cents more. you save on average 2-4 dollars there each fill up. i fill up twice a week and save between 400-500 dollars a year going there. hardly pennies. how is putting in your zipcode and pressing okay putting in 50 different things? and all the pumps have handle stops. pay attention you moron. you dont want to go there because of the sight of people coming out of mcdonalds?? you choose to stare, remember that. do us all a favor and go jump off a bridge.

Date: February 28, 2012 05:16PM

ocdZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> any station that has cars at every pump is going
> to be slow to pump. those other station dont have
> lines because their gas is 20-30 cents more. you
> save on average 2-4 dollars there each fill up. i
> fill up twice a week and save between 400-500
> dollars a year going there. hardly pennies. how is
> putting in your zipcode and pressing okay putting
> in 50 different things? and all the pumps have
> handle stops. pay attention you moron. you dont
> want to go there because of the sight of people
> coming out of mcdonalds?? you choose to stare,
> remember that. do us all a favor and go jump off a
> bridge.

You are really funny. What do you do, own the place? You shouldn't get so defensive, it's not like you seem to need business. It looks like rice distribution day in Moghidushu over there.

Yeah, zip code, car wash, receipt, no I don't want to register to be a voter and yes, I'm sure I don't want a car wash today. I don't need the $2-4. I'll pay you an extra $3-5 to fill up my gas for me and we all win. Getting gas sucks. It's one of the only times I have am forced to be on equal plane as the average folk so forgive me if I prefer not to do it in squalor.

And as far as staring at the gross people rolling out of McDonalds, what are my other choices? OKM traffic, people arguing at who was actually in line first at their pump or a pump for which I can count faster than the thousanths of a gallon numbers progress? I'd prefer to do none so I haven't been there in at least a year.

Posted by: I never look at the price ()
Date: February 28, 2012 05:16PM

Really?

A couple cents does not really save me anything. Plus I am rich and I do not commute.

Date: February 28, 2012 05:23PM

I never look at the price Wrote:
> Really?
>
> A couple cents does not really save me anything.
> Plus I am rich and I do not commute.

That's too funny. I love it when gas gets really high and people all of a sudden are downloading gas maps or sending out emails that they saw it for this amount here or b.s. like that. Like the differences in price only matter for these folks when gas is near $4 a gallon. Who gives a crap. You need gas, get it at whatever gas station is nearby.

And actually the gas additives stuff is for real. That cheap stuff will turn your fuel injector and carbourator into sludge. Penny wise, pound foolish (and they have to interact with poor people at the cheap gas stations).

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: February 29, 2012 01:44AM

ocdZ Wrote:
> any station that has cars at every pump is going
> to be slow to pump. those other station dont have
> lines because their gas is 20-30 cents more. you
> save on average 2-4 dollars there each fill up. i
> fill up twice a week and save between 400-500
> dollars a year going there. hardly pennies. how is
> putting in your zipcode and pressing okay putting
> in 50 different things? and all the pumps have
> handle stops. pay attention you moron. you dont
> want to go there because of the sight of people
> coming out of mcdonalds?? you choose to stare,
> remember that. do us all a favor and go jump off a
> bridge.

You're telling me you spend $4700-$8700 a year in gas? Holy crap.

$450/yr % $0.25/gal * $3.50/gal = $6300/yr

I guess if you drive 100 miles a day at 20 MPG that could do it.

Sounds like you need a more fuel efficient car, or to move closer in than Front Royal.

Posted by: Harry Bloom ()
Date: February 29, 2012 05:18AM

The Shell is actually a great place to go, if you also do the majority of your shopping at Giant...it is 10 cents off per gallon for every $100 you spend. I paid $2.89 a gallon there yesterday.

Date: February 29, 2012 06:16AM

I aint dissing the ExpressStop - all I was saying is that it aint worth it to go there if it's not on your way and that it's not like it's a COMPLETE bargain based on all the waiting and potential drama you may have to deal with there...................to be completely honest, I've never seen an actual confrontation there.............

THREAD HIJACK!!! 8^)

ok, my peoples - tell me your worst ExpressStop story!! Maybe it was back when it was BP or maybe even back when it was Amoco - I dont care I'd like to hear if there has ever been any real trouble there other than mean stares or a terse word or two

Posted by: the fuel there ()
Date: February 29, 2012 08:39AM

i hope i know that the gas you pump from those express places are shit fuel. and if you put that crap in there long enough it will build up more carbon in the engine and you will have a heavy repair bill. you will need to run fuel injector cleaner more often . so jack ass you save nothing by putting shit gas in your car. but you are the same jack ass that will bitch at the price of your repair bill too. and your the same jack ass that will ask for a discount because you cant afford to drive your B.M.W or benz.go and buy a chevy volt. Here is food for thought. look at the reason the gas prices are so high and remember that in NOV.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd's Taint ()
Date: February 29, 2012 11:40AM

the fuel there Wrote:
> i hope i know that the gas you pump from those
> express places are shit fuel. and if you put that
> crap in there long enough it will build up more
> carbon in the engine and you will have a heavy
> repair bill. you will need to run fuel injector
> cleaner more often . so jack ass you save nothing
> by putting shit gas in your car. but you are the
> same jack ass that will bitch at the price of your
> repair bill too.

This post is complete bullshit. The gasoline sold @ Express stop comes from the same refineries using the same production methods and raw materials as the gasoline sold @ Shell, Exxon, etc. Express Stop can sell at lower prices because big oil (Shell, Exxon, etc.) is not taking a cut of the station's profits. It's really not that complicated.

Posted by: Don Wan ()
Date: February 29, 2012 12:42PM

The Citgo on Burke Road is about the same price without the hassle of Express Stop. Things would be a lot easier there if they could do like BJ's and have hoses that reach either side and enforce a 'one way' traffic pattern.

Posted by: sticking it ()
Date: February 29, 2012 03:02PM

They can charge whatever they want and they do. Cant the Exxon and Shell try to be a good neighbor and not stick it to the customers by charging almost thirty cents more a gallon?

Date: February 29, 2012 03:32PM

sticking it Wrote:
> Cant the Exxon and Shell try to be a good neighbor
> and not stick it to the customers by charging
> almost thirty cents more a gallon?

How else is Exxon going to earn $10 Billion per quarter?

Date: February 29, 2012 03:54PM

each company has there own additive. when the truck gets its load the additive is added into the truck at that time depending on the station its going to example exxon,shell,sunoco etc. express sells cheaper because they dont have or advertise that they run a cleaner fuel. before you open your fat fucking mouth know what your talking about.

Posted by: remember this ()
Date: February 29, 2012 03:56PM

fairfax county gas is higher because of taxes.

Date: February 29, 2012 03:58PM

>
> This post is complete bullshit. The gasoline sold
> @ Express stop comes from the same refineries
> using the same production methods and raw
> materials as the gasoline sold @ Shell, Exxon,
> etc. Express Stop can sell at lower prices
> because big oil (Shell, Exxon, etc.) is not taking
> a cut of the station's profits. It's really not
> that complicated.

each company has there own additive. when the truck gets its load the additive is added into the truck at that time depending on the station its going to example exxon,shell,sunoco etc. express sells cheaper because they dont have or advertise that they run a cleaner fuel. before you open your fat fucking mouth know what your talking about.

Date: February 29, 2012 06:41PM

Additive is added into the truck!?!?!?! um, you do know the SAME truck goes to different stations, right? But that's beside the point. Additives themselves are a buncha bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbcCr2ll3c

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-saving-devices/fuel-additive-effectiveness.htm

Dunno why you think that "additives" have something to do with it, but yr wrong...........well atleast yr half right. ExpressStop doesnt market itself (kinda like Liberty) so they can sale it cheaper.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/gas-price1.htm

that's TOTALLY a tl/dr link - but the meat and 'taters of it is this DOE report:

According to the U.S. Department of Energy, here's an approximation of where each dollar you spend on gas goes:

Taxes: 13 cents
Distribution and Marketing: 8 cents
Refining: 14 cents
Crude oil: 65 cents

you do the math and figure out how they can sale gas 30 cents cheaper than a company sponsoring an NFL game. Go ahead - I'll give you time. Need a calculator?

ANYWHO..........here's another tl.dr link that explains how it's the EPA who sets clean gas standards in this country and how "bad gas" really doesnt exist anymore

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2007-06-13-bad-gas-usat_N.htm

yeah, it's long but it's got a LOT of info on how much we all believe this "bad gas" bullshit. Here's a cpl of quotes

"I really look at these commercials and wonder, 'How do these guys justify this?' I don't see the benefits," says John Frala, who teaches auto mechanics at Rio Hondo College in Whittier, Calif. He says he's never seen a breakdown due to engine deposits.

"It's hype," says Dennis DeCota, executive director of the California Service Station and Automotive Repair Association. "It would be very hard to differentiate" among brands.

Date: March 01, 2012 11:52AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Additive is added into the truck!?!?!?! um, you
> do know the SAME truck goes to different stations,
> right? But that's beside the point. Additives
> themselves are a buncha bullshit.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbcCr2ll3c
>
> http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel
> -saving-devices/fuel-additive-effectiveness.htm
>
> Dunno why you think that "additives" have
> something to do with it, but yr
> wrong...........well atleast yr half right.
> ExpressStop doesnt market itself (kinda like
> Liberty) so they can sale it cheaper.
>
> http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel
> -consumption/gas-price1.htm
>
> that's TOTALLY a tl/dr link - but the meat and
> 'taters of it is this DOE report:
>
> According to the U.S. Department of Energy, here's
> an approximation of where each dollar you spend on
> gas goes:
>
> Taxes: 13 cents
> Distribution and Marketing: 8 cents
> Refining: 14 cents
> Crude oil: 65 cents
>
> you do the math and figure out how they can sale
> gas 30 cents cheaper than a company sponsoring an
> NFL game. Go ahead - I'll give you time. Need a
> calculator?
>
> ANYWHO..........here's another tl.dr link that
> explains how it's the EPA who sets clean gas
> standards in this country and how "bad gas" really
> doesnt exist anymore
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/20
> 07-06-13-bad-gas-usat_N.htm
>
> yeah, it's long but it's got a LOT of info on how
> much we all believe this "bad gas" bullshit.
> Here's a cpl of quotes
>
> "I really look at these commercials and wonder,
> 'How do these guys justify this?' I don't see the
> benefits," says John Frala, who teaches auto
> mechanics at Rio Hondo College in Whittier, Calif.
> He says he's never seen a breakdown due to engine
> deposits.
>
> "It's hype," says Dennis DeCota, executive
> director of the California Service Station and
> Automotive Repair Association. "It would be very
> hard to differentiate" among brands.

im glad to see you are the type of person who need to be held by your hand so........... here we go
1 your first video said right at the end may show differance over time with more treatment. so here is a example( the first time you got it in the ass it hurt didnt it? but over time it got easier.)

2 your second link even says that thatey are help full. ( you need read what you post up FULLY)
3 in your third link you talk about how the gas prices break down,only.08 count for cost of advertizement(this is where you dont get it. yes they get gas from the same place HOWEVER when the gas is put into the truck they then inject the additive. the cheap places dont add them. So bull tits gordon there would be more cost for additive.)
4 and then there is your forth link, infact states "some gas IS probably better"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J92798NtPR0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=h0wQh7ijOcY&feature=endscreen

here is fact fuck tard BG products have proven to increase fuel efficancy.here is another fact audi gives a one time free internal engine cleaning under warranty because of what?cheap gas.because of cardon build up on the valves because of cheap gas it cause it to miss fire under load. and just a fyi shell puts more additives in there fuel. (i personally like exxon for the record) it is also funny that many of the car companys recommend fuel system service at every 15k now.

so what is out come of this????? dont talk about something you know nothing about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i guess your the guy who votes for obama because he is black and not because of what he has to offer. but you keep putting that cheap crap in your car and i dont mind charging you to find out whats wrong with it

Date: March 01, 2012 04:02PM

the fuel there Wrote:
> each company has there own additive. when the
> truck gets its load the additive is added into the
> truck at that time depending on the station its
> going to example exxon,shell,sunoco etc. express
> sells cheaper because they dont have or advertise
> that they run a cleaner fuel. before you open your
> fat fucking mouth know what your talking about.

Are you angry 'cause you're stupid, or stupid 'cause you're angry? Well, no matter.

The fact is, you're spouting more bullshit. All gasoline has additives, and the ones @ Shell, Exxon, etc. don't cost $0.30/gallon more.

Pump prices @ name brand stations are higher because the owner has to pay Exxon, Shell, etc. for the right to use its brand and benefit from its advertising.

Seriously, this is simple stuff.

Posted by: There's No Fuel There There ()
Date: March 01, 2012 04:07PM

the fuel there Wrote:
> i hope i know that the gas you pump from those
> express places are shit fuel. and if you put that
> crap in there long enough it will build up more
> carbon in the engine and you will have a heavy
> repair bill. you will need to run fuel injector
> cleaner more often . so jack ass you save nothing
> by putting shit gas in your car. but you are the
> same jack ass that will bitch at the price of your
> repair bill too. and your the same jack ass that
> will ask for a discount because you cant afford to
> drive your B.M.W or benz.go and buy a chevy volt.
> Here is food for thought. look at the reason the
> gas prices are so high and remember that in NOV.

I have been using Express Stop fuel exclusively in my 14 yr. old Mercedes for the past six years and I used Liberty fuel for the eight years before that. I have never had any sort of "heavy repair bill", let alone one related to the gasoline I use.

You simply don't know that you're talking about.

Posted by: barry bo berry ()
Date: March 01, 2012 04:28PM

I dont know how but I suspect Bush is still taking care of his oil buddies. His oil buddies being the owners of the two gas stations. No other way to explain it.

If you want the real reason gas is so high look at the commodity market. The dollar keeps losing value and they must buy the oil on the world market where it is taking a beating.

Date: March 01, 2012 05:04PM

>
> I have been using Express Stop fuel exclusively in
> my 14 yr. old Mercedes for the past six years and
> I used Liberty fuel for the eight years before
> that. I have never had any sort of "heavy repair
> bill", let alone one related to the gasoline I
> use.
>
> You simply don't know that you're talking about.

i dont know what im talking about? i have been a auto tech for over 15 years now and have seen first hand the damage of these fuels. ill make a bet with you. fill your tank monitor it, write down your mpg. then do a bg fuel system clean and start running a cleaner fuel. and tell me what your mpg.then tell me i dont know what im talking about.

Date: March 01, 2012 06:14PM

I'm sure any "auto tech" who can take a conversation about fuel additives and turn it into thinking sexually about my ass most certainly knows what he's talking about, ppl ;)

anywho, if you REALLY want better gas milage, here ya go:

http://www.autoanything.com/ResearchGuides/Savegas/

lotsa good tips - CHANGE YR AIR FILTER, yo! Or at least take it out (it's not that hard on most cars) and tap the dirt and stuff outta it every once in a while lol

And get this............near the end of the article, it talks about myths of gas saving and look what was #1 LoLz

Fuel additives:
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) tested a number of gas-saving items, including fuel additives claiming to improve gas mileage. These flashy bottles of magic potion are added to your latest fill-up. The FTC found no significant improvement in gas mileage.

Posted by: Born & Raised () ()
Date: March 01, 2012 07:21PM

You people are really missing the point. Yes there is the commodities issue affecting the price, but your looking at the wrong commodity. The real problem is that the Shell in front of Walmart is cornering the market on Passion Fruit, Strawberry and Grape flavored Blunts. They must be undercutting every one by 20 % , because every time I'm in there in the evening or Sunday afternoon I've got someone in front of me needing a pack of them. If the only competition was Lee's Market they would be able to raise the prices and use the increased prices to lower the price of gas, now that Lee's is gone. Unfortunately they also have to compete with the 7-11 for sales of flavored blunts.

Date: March 02, 2012 04:41PM

hey y'all - as long as I'm debunking popular car BS crap ..........well I learned this one today and ..........just WOW! So I thought I'd pass it along :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3,000_mile_myth

Posted by: the gas there ()
Date: March 02, 2012 06:04PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> hey y'all - as long as I'm debunking popular car
> BS crap ..........well I learned this one today
> and ..........just WOW! So I thought I'd pass it
> along :)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3,000_mile_myth

your so smart. even when wikipedia has been proven to have false statements. but you keep on standing by your crap and i dont mind charging you to fix it.

man, I forgot all about this thread..............
Date: March 28, 2012 07:32AM

well anywho, I'm so smart I read the car manual and it tells you what to do LoLz

Oil Change Intervals

Refer to your Owner's Manual for the recommended service intervals. Separate maintenance schedules are listed for "normal service" and "severe service." Read the description of severe service carefully. Most vehicles will fall under the normal service category. Note that the service intervals are listed by time in addition to distance. Your oil should be changed at whichever interval, time or distance, occurs first.

There is absolutely no benefit in changing your oil more frequently than recommended in your Owner's Manual. This will only increase your cost of ownership, and create an unnecessary burden upon the environment by increasing the amount of disposed oil.

http://owners.acura.com/Maintenance/MaintenanceGuide.aspx?link=whatoil&id=ofenoilchange

Mine says 7500. I guess we know what sorta "fixin" you dont mind charging us

Posted by: Oily bohunk ()
Date: March 28, 2012 09:09AM

one month later, it's $3.97.

http://burke.patch.com/listings/express-stop

Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: March 28, 2012 10:17AM

I have to say, I'm with Gordon Blvd on this one. The ExpressStop is completely ff my typical path but I'll gladly pay 5 or 6 cents more per a gallon to avoid the moronic feeding frenzy that is the ExpressStop. The 40 to 50 cents per a tankful I save buying fuel there isn't even worth the hassle of stopping in terms of the time spent and the aggravation.

Wasn't the ExpressStop shut down a few years ago because their pumps were inaccurate, delivering a lesser amount of fuel compared with the amount indicated?

One more thing, 3,000 mile oil changes are for suckers. Unless you live on dusty roads, a 7,500 mile change interval is plenty adequate. I even go upwards of 12,000 miles if I'm running synthetic. In my 25+ years of car ownership I've never had an engine failure, let alone a lubrication related failure.

Posted by: DasBoot ()
Date: March 28, 2012 01:19PM

Seafoam the crankcase, vacuum line, and gas tank. every car gets carbon build up unless you use 93 and go WOT regularly.

Posted by: Oily bohunk ()
Date: March 28, 2012 01:33PM

Beware of very cheap gas.

I used to fill up at the Racetrak station in Manassas because it was the cheapest. I switched after a month to premium gas when the engine started knocking bad. It turned out they were cited by the state for watering down the gas.

Posted by: lolzzz ()
Date: March 28, 2012 07:40PM

Oily bohunk Wrote:
> It turned out they were cited by the state for watering down the gas.

Proof?

Date: March 29, 2012 06:17AM

Racetrac as a corporation does did that. It wasnt just Manassas as I recall...........................

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.