HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Getting a restricted license
Posted by: staged ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:06PM

Does anybody know the steps in getting a Restricted Driver's License after a year? I also have to get a ignition interlock installed. My main purpose is for driving too and from work...i hate taking the bus everyday...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting a restricted license
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:33PM

You're better off taking the bus. Interlock costs like $1250 to install and then there is a $75 monthly admin. fee. In addition to your skyrocketing insurance premium, you will have to pay for SR22 (Drunk Driver insurance) that can run well into the hundreds of dollars per semester. To get your restricted license, you will have to show proof of SR22 and installment of interlock on any vehicle that will be operated by you. You will also have to pay the DMV a $150 reinstatement fee. GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted by: omgwtf ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:44PM

Well, if you hate taking the bus every day, you shouldn't have been driving after drinking, retard. What, did you think there you be no punishment for your "mistake?" If you have to get an interlock installed, it probably not your first offense...didn't you learn the first time, man. Have fun shelling out the $$ for driving...ha ha ha...you get what you deserve...

Posted by: Expensive Jeans ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:59PM

omgwtf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, if you hate taking the bus every day, you
> shouldn't have been driving after drinking,
> retard. What, did you think there you be no
> punishment for your "mistake?" If you have to get
> an interlock installed, it probably not your first
> offense...didn't you learn the first time, man.
> Have fun shelling out the $$ for driving...ha ha
> ha...you get what you deserve...

^^ classic example of an FU douche bag...

yeah, buddy. get after that habitual drunk driver. You sure told him.

Posted by: grunt ()
Date: March 17, 2008 02:03PM

Drive a car that is not registered to you , dont drive like an idiot and you won't get pulled over.

Posted by: sewshi ()
Date: March 17, 2008 02:08PM

Hah.. you'd be surprised at the number of DUI/DWIs in Fairfax County. Seems like a birthright for people in this area-- I'm included. Sucks that you have to get an interlock installed, but it's bad enough we have to pay the shitty civil remedial fees.

After I'm done with my classes I'm moving to somewhere where I don't need to drive for a while!

Posted by: I hope you are joking ()
Date: March 17, 2008 02:09PM

grunt Wrote:
> Drive a car that is not registered to you , dont
> drive like an idiot and you won't get pulled over.

That kind of comment is why we have Darwin's theory of natural selection. That is the dumbest advice I have ever heard. What if someone hits her? Should she flee the scene also? Dee dee dee!!!!!

Posted by: grunt ()
Date: March 17, 2008 02:38PM

>
> That kind of comment is why we have Darwin's
> theory of natural selection. That is the dumbest
> advice I have ever heard. What if someone hits
> her? Should she flee the scene also? Dee dee
> dee!!!!!

Why dont you visit Alexandria? Your work will be cut out for you!

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 17, 2008 03:23PM

"yeah, buddy. get after that habitual drunk driver. You sure told him."

Maybe we should "get after" the depressed, anti social loser instead. Hey douchebag, where my f'g fries?. Seriously EJ, consider a bullet to the head already.

Posted by: Grunt ()
Date: March 17, 2008 03:26PM

I hope you are joking Wrote:
> grunt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Drive a car that is not registered to you ,
> dont
> > drive like an idiot and you won't get pulled
> over.
>
> dee!!!!!

Ofcourse its a joke you idiot.

Posted by: DMV ()
Date: March 17, 2008 04:48PM

inkahootz Wrote:
- In addition to your
> skyrocketing insurance premium, you will have to
> pay for SR22 (Drunk Driver insurance)

Actually for DWI there is actually a new form to be filed instead of the SR-22, the FR-44. This applies to new and old convictions alike.
From this website: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/commercial/insurance/certifications.asp

Financial Responsibility Certifications

SR-22/SR26 Financial Responsibility Certification

SR-22 certification is required for the following convictions

* Unsatisfied judgements
* Driver license suspension as a result of a conviction for:

o Voluntary or involuntary manslaughter resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle.
o Perjury, making a false affidavit to DMV regarding the registration of motor vehicles, or making a false statement on any driver's license application.
o Any crime punishable as a felony under the motor vehicle law or any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used.
o Failure of a driver of a motor vehicle, involved in an accident resulting in death or injury to another person, to stop and disclose his identity at the scene of the accident.
o Operating or permitting the operation, for a second time, of a passenger automobile for transportation of passengers for rent or for hire, without a license.

* Uninsured motor vehicle suspension

SR-22 liability insurance coverage limits are:

* Bodily injury/death of one person $25,000
* Bodily injury/death of two or more persons $50,000
* Property damage $20,000

FR-44/FR-46 Financial Responsibility Certification

FR-44 certification is required on or after January 1, 2008 for the following convictions:

* Maiming while under the influence
* Driving while under the influence of intoxicants or drugs
* Driving while the driver's license has been forfeited for a conviction, or finding of not innocent in the case of a juvenile
* Violation of the provisions of any federal law or law of any other state or any valid local ordinance similar to the above

FR-44 liability insurance coverage limits are double the SR-22 insurance coverage limits:

* Bodily injury/death of one person $50,000
* Bodily injury/death of two or more persons $100,000
* Property damage $40,000

The new FR-44 double minimum coverage requirements apply to customers convicted of the above violations on or after January 1, 2008, as well as customers previously convicted of these violations that are required to file an SR-22 certification beyond December 31, 2008

If you reside outside Virginia, you may submit a letter on your insurance provider's letterhead stating the double minimum coverage amounts.

DMV will suspend the driving privilege of anyone who does not comply with this requirement by filing an FR-44 certification prior to January 1, 2009.

Posted by: omgwtf ()
Date: March 17, 2008 07:47PM

Hey EJ: Lick my ass, cumdumpster...your mother should have swallowed...

Posted by: mrlimo ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:17PM

i had a virginia drivers license and then moved to california, where i then got a california DL. i lived in CA for about 4 years and got a few traffic ticketts. no drunk driving or anything like that. just a few parking violations and 2 speeding ticketts. i came back to virginia and got pulled over for a minor violation and the cop informed me that my DL was suspended in CA and my Virginia DL had expired. ge gave me a tickket for driving without a valid DL. the judge later dismissed it. i contacted the state of CA and was told that my ticketts were a total of over $4,000 (everything in LA is expensive) and virginia will not allow me to renew my DL until i repay my CA ticketts. now i dont drive at all. but i pay over $1200 a month in taxi fare, just to get to work. theres no buses in my area and i cant move. my question is this. is it possable to get a virginia resticted DL if my DL is suspended in another state due to unpaid ticketts. iv never had a DUI or anything like that. iv searched the internet but only find info on DUI cases. please help

Date: January 26, 2009 11:00AM

I had an accident 3 years ago and did not have insurance. My license was suspended for a year. Then I found out that because I have not paid the judgement, which started at $8000.00, and is now almost $20,000.00, in full. I offered to make payments but they were refused by the Lawyer. Now my license is suspended until june of 2010. Is there any way I can get a restricted license for going to work?

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:03AM

Yes, pay off the $20,000, get car insurance and then petition the judge for a restricted license.

Posted by: HIJACKER ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:05AM

mrlimo Wrote:
but i pay over
> $1200 a month in taxi fare,

Moral of the story - the mistakes you made and chose to do - led you to live this lifestyle. Good work!

Posted by: dono ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:08AM

man, lots of ways to get screwed out there. I count myself lucky to have dodged all this. I dont drive much anymore though. I live near work, grocery, bar, deli etc...

Sorry for all of you with these troubles. Maybe get a moped and hope you dont get the sentence - death by driver on cell phone.

Posted by: won't drive with out one ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:22PM

I offered to make payments and was rejected and once I pay off the $20,000.00,
I won't need to petition the Judge for anything. But if I wait till June 2010, I won't have to pay a penny towards the judgement and I will get my license back with no restrictions. I want to pay the judgement but I cannot pay it in a lump sum.

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: January 26, 2009 05:24PM

This is what happens when you're an American citizen, speak English, have a fixed address and drive a car that's registered to a "real" person in the system.

Posted by: Agintad ()
Date: April 05, 2009 05:24PM

i got approved for a restrictsd, when i go to dmv tommorow what all do i need and how much $$$$

Posted by: Wowthetrolls ()
Date: July 12, 2009 02:37AM

Wow lots of trolls on here offering no particular use or relevant info on here at all --just piling on it seems. Really nothing better

Ignition interlock sucks but doesn't have to be that bad. It is not $1,250 to install as someone incorrectly stated in this thread. In Virgina it cost about $125 to install. There is a $70 or so monthly monitoring fee. Drager Safety is the company northern Virginia uses with out of the way locations in Manassas and Springfield. If you good with it for 6 months you should be able go back to the court to petition for removal. Be good.

My question was if you do have a restricted in VA and needed to move just over the river into DC can you get a restricted DC license?

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 12, 2009 02:50AM

Wowthetrolls Wrote:
>
> My question was if you do have a restricted in VA
> and needed to move just over the river into DC can
> you get a restricted DC license?

That gets tricky. Because as far as DC cops can tell, your license is suspended.

DC can suspend your license to drive in DC, even if you are not suspended in the state where your license is issued. DC points do not transfer to VA, but if you accumulate enough points in DC, they can suspend you. You still have a valid driver's license where it is issued, and everywhere else, but in DC you are not allowed to drive.

So I'm thinking that a VA court can only give you permission to drive in VA, and once you cross a state line, since VA has suspended your license, you are shit out of luck.

But, we all know that people live in VA and work in DC or MD, or live in DC and work in VA or MD, and so on. So has there been some recent changes to accomodate that? That part is grey, at least to me.

As far as I know, and I only know from experience about 16 years ago, if VA suspends your license, it is suspended on just about all 50 states' computers, and your restricted license is only good within VA. (of course, cops in close-by jurisdictions may respect the court order and give you a pass.)

The only reason I'm not sure is because DC cops don't need to follow orders written by a Fairfax County, Virginia Judge. They can only follow orders written by a DC judge. I'm not sure what happens in this situation, but I have a feeling VA judges' orders only mean anything inside Virginia.

I guess someone with a Maryland Driver's License who has been suspended by a VA judge could shed partial light. Is that the same as a DC suspension, where that means you cannot drive in VA, while your license is still valid everywhere else?

I guess this is why we need globalism. There's too many governments and jurisdictions. It would just be so much easier if you are just fucked everywhere, without any grey areas or confusion.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 03:16AM by Thurston Moore.

Posted by: firsttimedui ()
Date: July 21, 2009 08:10PM

maybe not. i have zero record and my car was parked when the officer arrested me. I have done everything right, i was simply moving my car to a place where it wouldn't get towed that night so i wouldn't drive home and got pulled over. i now have to have an interlock for 2 years. it SUCKS. not everyone intentionally makes mistakes, but sometimes people do. i also wonder about renting a car, as I have a fair amount of traveling to do myself.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 21, 2009 08:18PM

staged Wrote:
> Does anybody know the steps in getting a
> Restricted Driver's License after a year? I also
> have to get a ignition interlock installed. My
> main purpose is for driving too and from work...i
> hate taking the bus everyday...

Or do what my friend does, and drive regardless of the Suspension lol. Don't do that though, because even if you get by with it for a while, eventually it'll catch up to you. My best advice is to contact a lawyer, and discuss it with them. You really don't want to get caught in the middle of a mess with this, because the last thing that you need is to think that everything was taken care of, then before you know it you're pulled over and being informed that you're driving on a Suspended/Revoked. It happens.

Date: July 29, 2009 12:28PM

In Virgina you get an actual DMV issued license now even when restricted. Mine has a scarlet R on it and that's the only difference visually. With a restricted when driving you always have to have your actual DMV license AND your green court papers that spell out the particulars of your restricted license. I.e. if you do get pulled over on your way to work- you show the officer your DMV license and your green court papers that say you're authorized driving to/ from work.

My lawyer had said with the DMV issued license- I'm only restricted in Virginia. When traveling I've been able to rent a car in other states without an issue. A couple months ago I went into DC and rented a car at Union Station for a trip up to NJ. My understanding is that is actually legal. But I'm no lawyer and we are all anon voices on a message board-- so do your own due diligence.

Date: July 29, 2009 12:38PM

firsttimedui wrote:
>maybe not. i have zero record and my car was parked when the officer arrested >me. I have done everything right, i was simply moving my car to a place where it >wouldn't get towed that night so i wouldn't drive home and got pulled over. i >now have to have an interlock for 2 years. it SUCKS. not everyone intentionally >makes mistakes, but sometimes people do. i also wonder about renting a car, as I >have a fair amount of traveling to do myself.

DUI sucks not doubt. Once you're arrested its nearly impossible to not be convicted; the best a lawyer can do is hope to plead down the penalties but so much of that is statutory lawyers can have less impact on that too.

You must have had a very high BAC to get 2 years interlock on your first time DUI. Be good. Do everything they say to do and don't get another. Don't drive on a suspended/ revoked or restricted outside your authorized items. The penalties in Virgina are too high. Next steps are mandatory jail. On a second DUI you'll do at least 10 days in jail -that is statutory by law.

Posted by: ffxstoner ()
Date: July 29, 2009 12:48PM

Get a day laborer to drive you to work and home every day im sure it would be cheap 10-15 a day.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: July 29, 2009 03:12PM

That's an interesting idea: hire a day laborer as a chauffeur. I wonder if I can go to the 7-11 on Hummer Road and get myself a cheap butler?

Posted by: ffxstoner ()
Date: July 29, 2009 07:37PM

Im sure you could find some. Aslong as you don't mind honda civics with exhaust kits.

Posted by: Bernard ()
Date: August 13, 2009 06:52AM

I had to petition the court after a number of offences to be granted retriction
licence,The circuit or trafic court can tell the steps to take by case.

Posted by: Dan88 ()
Date: September 01, 2009 12:38PM

As dumb as I was I have been convicted of two DUIs in the span of about 4 months. My first was in NC on vacation, I paid the fees, did some time, and wont have a license there unless I go back to court in Oct 2009 (I won't, no reason). Then a month later I just told VA that I "misplaced" my license and drove drunk, getting another DUI. MD, NC, DC, WV, and VA are supposed to immediately share their records with another, but this does not happen about 50% of the time (heard from two lawyers). So VA did not find out about NC, I have a restricted with an interlock and will be off probation in Feb 2010 with a real license. I have spent thousands of dollars in fines, lawyers, missed work, the interlock, DMV fees, and required therapy, but shit happens and we all have to learn from our mistakes. The legal area is so cluttered up that a lot of information is not passed from jurisdiction to jurisdiction (sometimes for the better). Good luck to anyone with a DUI on their hands, just remember that a year is really not that long of a time.

Re: are there still states that do not share dmv records?
Posted by: pam ()
Date: September 06, 2009 01:51AM

are there states that do not share dmv records?

Posted by: Lex87 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 07:17PM

There a ton of companies online that can help you out with that information. My recommendation is get on some of the legal forums and ask around.
Expert Lawis a good one. You can also contact some companies that deal specifically in sr22 insurance quotes and get some info. I think it's a little better than listening to people tell you to get in your car and drive...

Good Luck
Lex

Posted by: Watson ()
Date: March 09, 2010 07:15PM

I know this thread is old but I didnt wanna start a new one...Does anyone know the procedure for changing the terms of a restricted license? I just got a new job and I know I have to get it 'updated' to list the work location, hours, etc

Posted by: West ()
Date: March 10, 2010 10:34AM

grunt Wrote:
> Drive a car that is not registered to you , dont
> drive like an idiot and you won't get pulled over.

^correct answer

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: March 10, 2010 11:11AM

Watson Wrote:
> I know this thread is old but I didnt wanna start
> a new one...Does anyone know the procedure for
> changing the terms of a restricted license? I just
> got a new job and I know I have to get it
> 'updated' to list the work location, hours, etc

i think it needs to be approved by a judge...

Posted by: Cgraham ()
Date: July 16, 2010 08:28AM

I would either contact the court house or your ASAP case manager. They would probably know.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 16, 2010 06:06PM

I know this is an old OP but

I new a guy that used his moms address out of state and got a license. He had to drive 6 hrs to the DMV in her area but it worked. He was a hunter so he got a regular picture ID in the state where he lived to renew his hunting license. I don't think he ever got pulled over though and don't know what would have happened if he did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 06:09PM by mcsmack.

fraud, waste and abuse!!
Posted by: racketerring saint johns county victim ()
Date: October 30, 2010 04:32PM

Some people are purely victimized by the system that is suppose to protect everyone!! It has come to our attention that counties are making alot of money convicting people of things they never actually did in the first place. Take for example the person sitting in an inoperable vehicle on private property. First of all what is the cop doing there trespassing in the first place??? Since when would it be illegal to sit in a vehicle that is not being driven nor even an attempt to drive is made??? The cop claims there is a bolo on the vehicle but in court they can't name who put the bolo out or why or when and your worthless COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY never brings the issue up at a trail that someone was actually stalking you and placed unconsumed beer cans in the vehicle and tried to break into the motel room and was caught!!! So the decrepid, money grubbing county obviously conived the entire case but then you got to jump through hoops, which amounts to thousands of dollars because your ass was framed!!! Naw, I think the county workers who framed your ass should be prosecuted for CONSPIRACY!!! 20 to life!! All of them!!!

Posted by: ok guys, this is what to do ()
Date: November 12, 2010 08:54PM

who needs a license ? thats just a way for the state to make money. heres your solution !!!! FTP !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XihQeZpwqpE4

Posted by: Rt 1 ()
Date: November 12, 2010 09:10PM

ok guys, this is what to do Wrote:
> who needs a license ? thats just a way for the
> state to make money. heres your solution !!!! FTP
> !!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XihQeZpwqpE4

We would run all over his ass if was runnin on our Rt.

Posted by: Wlt ()
Date: December 19, 2010 06:09PM

Thanks for your consideration, Butt-Head.

Have a Happy Holiday! :-(

Posted by: ckjsfksdf ()
Date: December 26, 2010 10:05PM

you can request the DMV

Posted by: Field Grade Article 15 ()
Date: June 04, 2011 05:00AM

My question that no one seems to have an answer for is, if you get one year suspended liscence and one year restricted liscense pending the interlock being installed, can you just not get it and have a 2 year suspended liscence instead and get your liscence back after the 2 years is up? Or do you absolutely HAVE to get the interlock system? Because not only am i saving gas money by not driving but my insurance as of right now doesnt know about my DUI and wont untill i have to submit that SR22 for the interlock system so it just seems like waiting an extra year to drive instead of having the interlock system installed would be financially smarter especially for a young private in the US army.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: June 04, 2011 12:09PM

Junes Wrote:
> This is what happens when you're an American
> citizen, speak English, have a fixed address and
> drive a car that's registered to a "real" person
> in the system.

Amen.

The fucks that get six DUIs are either those that have nothing to lose or the elite that can easily afford a lawyer and the financial rape.

Posted by: drunk ()
Date: June 04, 2011 05:45PM

don't drink

Re: fraud, waste and abuse!!
Posted by: lolololololwut? ()
Date: June 06, 2011 02:11PM

racketerring saint johns county victim Wrote:
> Some people are purely victimized by the system
> that is suppose to protect everyone!! It has come
> to our attention that counties are making alot of
> money convicting people of things they never
> actually did in the first place. Take for example
> the person sitting in an inoperable vehicle on
> private property. First of all what is the cop
> doing there trespassing in the first place???
> Since when would it be illegal to sit in a vehicle
> that is not being driven nor even an attempt to
> drive is made??? The cop claims there is a bolo on
> the vehicle but in court they can't name who put
> the bolo out or why or when and your worthless
> COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY never brings the issue up
> at a trail that someone was actually stalking you
> and placed unconsumed beer cans in the vehicle and
> tried to break into the motel room and was
> caught!!! So the decrepid, money grubbing county
> obviously conived the entire case but then you got
> to jump through hoops, which amounts to thousands
> of dollars because your ass was framed!!! Naw, I
> think the county workers who framed your ass
> should be prosecuted for CONSPIRACY!!! 20 to
> life!! All of them!!!

lolwut?

Posted by: lawrence1876 ()
Date: June 05, 2012 01:12PM

In your case you would have to petition to the DMV for restricted driving privileges. You will have to show proof that you are TRYING to pay the fines owed. The courts can only take jurisdiction if it becomes criminal so they have no right to interfere with DMV restrictions. Go to the DMV Website and search for obtaining a restricted operators license and follow the procedure they recommend. DO NOT involve the county courts at all because if you do they can impose jail time or fines in additions to what you already owe to CA.

Posted by: Lawrence1876 ()
Date: June 05, 2012 01:25PM

The best way to understand what is needed for you to get your unrestricted license is to see your compliance summary from the DMV. If it was ordered by a country judge to install an ignition interlock system then you will have to eventually. There is no statute of limitation on that judgment. The one year suspension is a punishment the one year of restricted driving privilege is allowing you time to get the interlock system. If you do not have the ignition interlock before your restricted privilege expires then you may be found noncompliant of a court order and could face criminal action. If you currently have a license and have not reported it to your insurance provider then you are committing fraud and will be punished accordingly if or when you are pulled over which could include more fines and jail time if you had a suspended sentence.

Posted by: VASubVet ()
Date: June 05, 2012 06:14PM

For insurance, you need an FR 44. The SR 22 is out dated. All it states is that your covered for 2 times the stae minimum liability. Your Insurance company must file it with the DMV. Not sure about the interlock device, I wasn't sentenced to one. But, I know one of my fellow ASAP-ers gave up his license for the year, in lieu of device installation. I'd check with a lawyer. Should be some free legal beagles in the US Army that can help

Posted by: u idiots ()
Date: June 05, 2012 06:36PM

why are u idiots posting on a 4 year old thread. read the dates u dumb asses.

Posted by: Lateralus ()
Date: July 20, 2012 05:45AM

Okay, obviously every fuck who keeps posting "you got what you deserved" has never attended any sort of fucking college parties or anything. As a matter of fact, society probably hates you all for being such assholes, so you should just stick with your ill-informed opinions that follow everything the retarded MADD douche nozzles shove down your throats and shut the fuck up.
Now, I got pulled over FIRST OFFENSE at a god damned McDonalds drive through for "hitting a curb." Mind you, I was ORDERING AT THE BOX when the dick head pig decided to come out of hiding and block my car in and commence his bullshit. I live in NM, so it is now state law that I HAVE to have an interlock for first offense. This is bullshit. Im a broke college kid working my ass off as is to have the things I do and pay for schooling, yet the government seems to think I owe them more. Just for some input, I say put an interlock on your car, talk to your probation officer for some government assistance in paying for your monthly premiums (which they will do, so it's not such a burden) then just go buy a motorcycle and drive that shit around. It's cheaper to do, cops dont pull you over as often because there are so many counts of cops killing motorcyclists in chases, and they dont want to take that chance. You dont need a motorcycle license to ride one, just insurance and the title to get it registered, then if anyone at the interlock place asks you about this other registered vehicle, tell them it's a garage project that isn't even street legal or able to be ridden at the moment, and they'll just turn their heads the other way. Just dont ride like an idiot and you'll be fine. All the government wants is your money so they can pay to have ridiculous punishments enforced on the citizens living under their fascist iron fist, they dont care about anyone's "well being." You are just a statistic for the books to them, nothing else. Fuck the stupid assholes who cant even name more than two types of beer, let alone tell you anything other than what MADD or their local government tells them about alcohol/drunk driving. You'll be fine. Hope this helps, since everyone else on here is either an ill-informed jackass or just wants to argue with said jackass.

Posted by: chuxi ()
Date: September 28, 2012 05:36PM

my question is : I did refuse test (DUi) (2) the court suspended my DL for 3 years . any way can I ask for restricted license .thanks all . it been 5 months .

Posted by: jessi ()
Date: December 06, 2012 12:24AM

Just curious

Is ur restricted license only restricted to the registered vehicle under ur name?
Wat if u got into an accident but there's no damage and the vehicle u hit was a government exempt dwat happens

Posted by: WrK ()
Date: May 06, 2013 01:52PM

Nope, you are so wrong about two things. Practically all interlock devices are free to install. You just pay a monthly fee that ranges anywhere from 75-100 a month.

FR44 is what your insurance needs to file with DMV for a DUI - not SR22. SR22 is for a different, "lower", set of offences.

Posted by: Thank you! ()
Date: November 04, 2013 10:13AM

Other than the guy above, who reminded me that getting pulled driving on a suspended license carries a mandatory jail sentence, this is the best idea on this entire post.
No thanks to all you haters & judgmental douchebags on this post. Get a life, a job, and some friends, and maybe you could afford to go out for a drink!

Posted by: Thank you! ()
Date: November 04, 2013 10:21AM

I forgot to press "quote" (I almost never post on message baords)

ffxstoner Wrote:
> Get a day laborer to drive you to work and home
> every day im sure it would be cheap 10-15 a day.

This is the best idea on this entire post.

Posted by: Reality Check 4 All ()
Date: November 04, 2013 10:31AM

I hope you are joking Wrote:
> grunt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Drive a car that is not registered to you ,
> dont
> > drive like an idiot and you won't get pulled
> over.
>
> dee!!!!!

Seriously? How many accidents do you get in a year. I can easily go a year with out people crashing into me. In fact the last time somebody hit me was 1987 and I was the one who demanded a police report.

Posted by: driving person 74 ()
Date: March 17, 2018 03:42PM

If you get a DUI you won't be able to use the drive thru at the Fairfax Circle Arthur Treacher's. Please don't try. it is for vehicles only. Please use the counter to order fish and chips and maybe an orange Fanta.

Posted by: 45tgfe ()
Date: March 18, 2018 09:33AM

ng_bike_wide-3c8aa0611fac9fc86189f909d46

in many areas of fairfax bicycling is a well viable alternative for those who are not disabled - (there are ares of fairfax that are too "back woods" for it to be practical)

i knew a guy who did it and swore by it: freedom, healthy, enjoyable ride. he didn't live very far from a main road though.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.