HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Trash pickup
Posted by: Fairfax Alexandria area ()
Date: February 22, 2012 09:06AM

I know there are previous posts on here about trash service but couldn't find the info I was looking for. Does anyone have a recommendation for trash pickup other than AAA and American? Wish I could get county pickup. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trash pickup
Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: February 22, 2012 10:59AM

You can take it yourself to the Lorton landfill or the I66 transfer station. Much cheaper. Pain in the ass, but way cheaper.

Re: Trash pickup
Posted by: Link here ()
Date: February 22, 2012 12:55PM

There are many private sector trash and recycling haulers for County residents to choose from:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/trash/disphaulers.htm

This link discusses how a group of homes and/or an HOA can petition the County to set up a new Sanitary District (Solid Waste Collection areas served by County trucks). There is an additional fee that is added to your tax bill to pay for the service. This County operation is known for doing a great job:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/trash/customer.htm

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.