HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Armed Robbery in Chantilly
Posted by: Allen ()
Date: March 13, 2008 12:40PM

This isn't the most shocking crime in fairfax county but it's personal when it's close to home...or on my street:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2008/031208chantillyrobbery.htm
I grew up in Chantilly, moved back 3 years ago and have resided in the hell hole called "shenandoah crossing apartments". Luckily we're moving out this July,its not ghetto by any means(besides having my car broken into twice) just shitty management, but you really wouldnt expect something like this in that busy of an area. I legally own handguns but do not currently have a concealed carry license. I guess my main question is does anyone know how much trouble I would get in for carrying my gun on me(not in plain view) if I'm running downstairs to grab something from my car late at night or walking my dog and have to defend myself? I'm aware that anyone in VA can carry if it is in a holster in plain view but the question is hypothetical, just trying to figure out if a citizen defends themself in these circumstances if they will be in trouble with FCPD. I realize the two suspects are latino, but lets face the facts, their race has nothing to do with this random crime as before I moved back to chantilly I was living at my fiance's townhome off of compton road in manasas in a mostly latino neighborhood. Keep in mind it was across from the 711, next to the trailer park, and section 8 aparments and I never had a single issue. I just wanted some FU posters opinions on the actual topic as I've seen some racialy motivated responses in other topics which are kind of F'd up. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Armed Robbery in Chantilly
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:08PM

The suspects were described as Hispanic, between 20 and 24 years old. The suspect armed with the bat was about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighed 160 pounds. He had curly hair and a beard. He wore a black, hooded sweat shirt and dark jeans. The suspect armed with a gun was about 6 feet tall and weighed 130 pounds. He wore a black, hooded sweat shirt and dark pants.

how cliché.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Harry Beaver ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:09PM

Shenandoah Crossing has always been a ghetto area.

It looks OK from the outside, but inside its crap.

Posted by: whatstheproblem? ()
Date: March 13, 2008 03:29PM

HORRIBLE PLACE TO LIVE WITH INCOMPETENT STAFF TO DEAL WITH!!!!
Date posted: 1/5/2008
Years at this apartment: 2007 - 2008

My lease is coming to an end in less than a month, and I have never been more READY to move! I have had issues with this complex from day ONE! The staff at Shenandoah Crossing has most possibly been the worst staff that I have ever dealt with. In dealing with them, it doesn't take long to realize that their management is horrendous! The day that I moved in, I was told that they had one page missing from my application that had a signature from their corporate office. Due to their irresponsibilty I had to wait an HOUR before receiving my keys to move in because they were trying to find the the missing page to the application. It was absolutely ridiculous that my time was being wasted because of their lack of organizational skills. I had filled out all the paperwork two weeks before moving in, and they should have made sure all the paperwork was in place before I showed up with my u-haul! I should have known there would be a series of problems to follow after encountering this problem.

I have a headache just writing all of this. That is what it's like with this apartment complex - A huge headache! I dread it everytime I have to go to the office to talk to someone because you have to talk to at least 5 people before you get some sort of competent answer, and quite honestly most times I've walked away with no answer. I've had to complain about maintenance, lost packages, and I even had an eviction notice on my door once because THEY MISPLACED MY CHECK THAT I PAID ON TIME!

Maintenance issues: Emergency Maintenance'' What is that' Apparently emergency is not in their vocabulary. I've been locked INSIDE of my aparment, had my kitchen floor flooded, bed bugs, and mice as friendly guests! I was going to work one morning, and I wasn't able to make it to work for three hours because I guess maintenance didn't think my issue was much of an emergency. I kept calling and calling hoping to have immediate service, but I wasn't helped. I live on the second floor, so it's not even like I could have just walked right out of my apartment through the balcony. I was literally stuck INSIDE. Another time, my kitchen celing was leaking and it flooded my entire kitchen. I left about 10 messages with maintenance with my concern. Nobody showed up. I used all my new towels and pots and pans all over the kitchen so that it would catch the water. The next morning I called maintenace again, and still no answer. I had to call the leasing office, and then FINALLY someone came. After that, my paint on the celing was messed up. It's been about 5 months, and I've complained so much about it that I just gave up. No paint job has been done. I had to throw out my entire bedroom sheets, comforter, etc because I found bed bugs. I will be throwing out my mattress when I move. I sleep in my living room right now because my matress is ruined. I found a mouse in my apartment recently. I have basically quit contact with maintenance because I do not get any service anyway. I am beyond fed up!

Staff at the leasing office is absolutely and unbelievably incompetent. Sometimes I wonder if they understand english because they obviously do not understand what I am ever trying to get across to them. I am extremely upset because they lost my GPS system that had been delivered to me. UPS came to my door, but I wasn't there - so the package was dropped off at the office. I went to the office, and the manager had the nerve to tell me that the package wasn't there. I told her I had a note on my door that it was in the office and it didn't make sense for it not to be there. I told her I would contact UPS and get the tracking information. I found out that UPS had the person's name at the office who signed for the package - giving ME PROOF that the package had indeed been dropped off! I wanted to speak to the staff member who signed for my pacakage, and the manager on duty told me I COULDN'T SPEAK to her even though she was in the office. I thought this was absolutely absurd. They are liable at this point because my package has been signed for by somebody, and it wasn't me so I expect that person to know what was done with my package. The fact that I wasn't even allowed to speak to this person made me very angry. I tried to expalin this to the mananger on duty, and she gave me an attitude. We got into a slight argument, and she told me I needed to leave the office because there is NOTHING she can do for me. She very very rudely told me she was busy and needed to help other customers. She stopped talkin to me and began to talk to the next customer in line. I told her I would talk to corporate, and that I am done dealing with them. She sarcastically gave me the name of the person to speak to at corporate. I walked away more angry than I've been in years. This is NOT the way to treat a CUSTOMER.

I am counting down the days before I leave. I will leave, and I will never look back at this crazy place with crazy people.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY TO EVEN COME VISIT THIS PLACE...I'm telling you, and trust me you will have problems from day one!!!!

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/VA-Fairfax-Shenandoah-Crossing.html

just trying to figure out if a citizen defends themself in these circumstances if they will be in trouble with FCPD? Answer: No, not-at-all... feel free to shoot at will.

Posted by: go fish ()
Date: March 13, 2008 03:39PM

You just copied and pasted that from apartmentratings.com, awesome.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: March 13, 2008 06:53PM

Make sure to leave them a "present" when you move out

Posted by: Vuttt ()
Date: March 13, 2008 07:42PM

robbed armery in chantilly?

Posted by: smokkymcpott ()
Date: March 13, 2008 07:50PM

I use to smoke pot in there before school and i saw so many sketchy people

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: March 13, 2008 10:19PM

smokkymcpott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use to smoke pot in there before school and i
> saw so many sketchy people

Hence Chantilly HS put a fence up so you have to walk around.

But yeah ive been in there and it is a really f'ed up place.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: March 13, 2008 10:36PM

I used to work there in the early 90's as a lifegaurd .. It was shithole then , and it is a shithole now. That place was falling apart so bad in the 90's, the only thing they ever did was paint the place.

Posted by: whoUgoingtocall ()
Date: April 02, 2008 07:51PM

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 08/072/5426/CSN/(8)
April 2, 2008

UPDATE – Arrest Made in Robbery

Abel Solomon, 21, was arrested on Wednesday, April 2 at his home at 2410 Southgate Square in Reston. Solomon was cultivated as a suspect after an investigation into a robbery of a 33-year-old Fairfax man on March 11 in the 13200 block of Blueberry Lane. Solomon had called the police to his home to report a vehicle tampering when officers recognized him as a wanted subject. He was arrested without incident and taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where he was charged with robbery.

"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","018"," 2862","SUTTON OAKS ","LA","VIENNA ","VA","12/18/2004","NO/STATE INSPECTION "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","019"," 2862","SUTTON OAKS ","LA","VIENNA ","VA","04/06/2005","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","019"," 2862","SUTTON OAKS ","LA","VIENNA ","VA","05/07/2005","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","019"," 2862","SUTTON OAKS ","LA","VIENNA ","VA","05/07/2005","POSS MARIJUANA "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","019"," 2862","SUTTON OAKS ","LA","VIENNA ","VA","05/07/2005","RECKLESS DRIVING GENERAL "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","019"," 2862","SUTTON OAKS ","LA","VIENNA ","VA","05/15/2005","CAPIAS FAIL TO APPEAR "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","021"," 2410","SOUTHGATE ","SQ","RESTON ","VA","12/15/2007","DRUNK IN PUBLIC OR PROFANE "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","021"," 24941","BANNOCKBURN ","TE","CHANTILLY ","VA","10/02/2007","DRINKING WHILE DRIVING "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","021"," 24941","BANNOCKBURN ","TE","CHANTILLY ","VA","10/02/2007","DWI-ALCOHOL "
"SOLOMON ","ABEL ","T","021"," 24941","BANNOCKBURN ","TE","CHANTILLY ","VA","10/02/2007","OPER ON SUSP LIC (DWI) "
Attachments:
040208robberysolomon.jpg

Posted by: 7ravis ()
Date: April 02, 2008 10:24PM

Robbed Armory?

Posted by: Your Mom ()
Date: April 02, 2008 10:52PM

He's hot

Posted by: hotness ()
Date: January 13, 2009 07:54PM

anyone have more on Abel?

Posted by: abels hair ()
Date: January 13, 2009 08:08PM

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 14, 2009 06:30AM

hotness Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anyone have more on Abel?

yeah, his brother killed him.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Oracle17 ()
Date: July 01, 2009 05:53PM

Whats up with Abel now?
Such a good kid, what a waste. This situation really shows the importance of choosing the correct people to surround yourself with.

Date: July 01, 2009 07:11PM

Well how about that - I was robbed in the Crossings too... Back in '96.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 07:11PM by Professor Pangloss.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.