HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Carry gun in trunk in DC?
Posted by: dummy ()
Date: February 19, 2012 07:18PM

Anyone know the law concerning keeping a gun in the trunk of your car in DC? Only seem to be able to find stuff about concealed carry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carry gun in trunk in DC?
Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: February 19, 2012 07:23PM

I believe a permit is required to even possess a gun in DC, never mind concealed carry. What I've always heard from Virginia gun owners is to stay far away from DC if you happen to be in possession of your weapon.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: February 19, 2012 07:26PM

Realist answer: give cops no reason to pull you over, you'll never be caught,

Other answer: when are you going to use it? If you are caught with it that is a federal firearms offense.

If you are going to store a firearm in your car, it makes no difference whether it is in the trunk, glove, box, etc. Caught = caught.

Date: February 19, 2012 07:37PM

Of course never give a reason for them to pull me over, just curious in case it happens. Only reason I would bring it is to pick up a friend in DC on my way to go shooting in VA.

Posted by: roll the dice. ()
Date: February 19, 2012 07:50PM

you will get fucked if caught. It's your choice. play it safe, or risk a fed offense.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: February 19, 2012 08:06PM

dummy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know the law concerning keeping a gun in
> the trunk of your car in DC? Only seem to be able
> to find stuff about concealed carry.

If you get caught, you'll go to jail. Don't do it. Avoid DC and Maryland while you're at it.

Posted by: how to ()
Date: February 19, 2012 10:10PM

§ 22-4504.02. Lawful transportation of firearms.
(a) Any person who is not otherwise prohibited by the law from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be permitted to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry the firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry the firearm if the firearm is transported in accordance with this section.

(b)(1) If the transportation of the firearm is by a vehicle, the firearm shall be unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported shall be readily accessible or directly accessible from the passenger compartment of the transporting vehicle.

Basically if you have a normal car have the gun unloaded with the ammo stored separate in the trunk of the car. If you have a gun lock put that on the pistol too to be sure. If you have an suv where the trunk is part of the car still have everything in the trunk separately and make sure you have a lock on the gun or the container.

You could still obviously run into a cop who doesnt care/know what the gun law is and want to bring you in. The safest way would be just get your friend and then your guns before the range, but legally you can transport the gun to get your friend and then go to the range

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: February 19, 2012 10:12PM

I wouldnt bring most pocket knives into DC...You're asking for trouble bringing a gun

Posted by: x3dmp ()
Date: February 20, 2012 03:40AM

Have your friend take the metro to Virginia.

On the other hand, if you're a jigaboo, do whatever the fuck you want, you'll be fine.

Posted by: Mephedrone ()
Date: February 20, 2012 03:44AM

Don't take a gun on the metro...

Posted by: tom jefferson ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:59AM

driving down penn. ave one night see black man ahead waving a rifle

i decide not to go into d.c much anymore after that

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: February 20, 2012 07:49AM

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/dc.pdf

Try this if you can read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: February 20, 2012 08:50AM

I can how useful a gun in the trunk can be if you have to shoot your way out.

Posted by: really?? ()
Date: February 20, 2012 09:01AM

Federal land not VA's Wrote:
> trogdor! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > dummy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Anyone know the law concerning keeping a gun
> in
> > > the trunk of your car in DC? Only seem to be
> > able
> > > to find stuff about concealed carry.
> >
> > If you get caught, you'll go to jail. Don't do
> it.
> > Avoid DC and Maryland while you're at it.
>
>
>
> Also avoid George Washington Parkway and all
> Federal land/parks in Virginia!

A Virginia CC permit is not valid on the GW Parkway?

Posted by: Marion Barry ()
Date: February 20, 2012 09:29AM

A section of the GW Parkway is in DC, and is therefore subject to DC gun laws.

Between the Roosevelt Bridge (I-66/US-50) south to the 14th Street Bridge (I-395/US-1)

You can clearly see the DC/Virginia boundary and the area in question here: http://g.co/maps/gnze3

More info:
http://www.vcdl.org/static/gwp.html

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: February 20, 2012 09:39AM

"The safest way would be just get your friend and then your guns before the range, but legally you can transport the gun to get your friend and then go to the range"

This is the VA law, not the DC law. Unless you're a law enforcement officer you cannot take your gun into DC no matter how you store it. To even possess a handgun in DC it has to be registered and then it cannot be carried outside of your residence.

I'm assuming you live in VA, maybe not but I don't have any other info to go off of. If this is the case how is DC on your way to the range? Tell your friend to take the metro to a VA stop and pick him/her up there.

Your best bet would be to call the DC police and ask them.

Date: February 20, 2012 09:39AM

>> A Virginia CC permit is not valid on the GW
>> Parkway?

> No, it's Federal land, buddy.

--

A Virginia CC permit is valid in any federal park within Virginia... just not on Columbia Island and that section of the GW Parkway as noted in the two comments above.

National Park Carry
On May 22, 2009, President Barack Obama signed H.R. 627, the "Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009," into law. The bill contained an amendment introduced by Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) that prohibits the Secretary of the Interior from enacting or enforcing any regulations that restrict possession of firearms in National Parks or Wildlife Refuges, as long as the person complies with laws of the state in which the unit is found.[49] This provision was supported by the National Rifle Association and opposed by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the National Parks Conservation Association, and the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, among other organizations.[50][51] As of February 2010 concealed handguns are for the first time legal in all but 3 of the nation's 391 national parks and wildlife refuges so long as all applicable federal, state, and local regulations are adhered to.[52] Previously firearms were allowed into parks non-concealed and unloaded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Posted by: Don't be stupid ()
Date: February 20, 2012 09:52AM

Totally not worth the risk.

They gave Gilbert Arenas jail time (back when he still mattered), so what do you think they would do to you?

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 20, 2012 12:23PM

Simon Simone Wrote:
>
> All bottom loading handguns (i.e. semi automatics,
> 9mm, Glocks, etc.) are still illegal in DC;
> revolvers are the only handguns legalized in the
> District.

LOL "Bottom loading handgun" Seriously LOL I think you are painfully trying to say magazine fed handguns.....

As far as revolvers being the only type of handgun legalized in DC, that is bullshit. After the Supreme Court decision, DC adopted the California roster of approved handguns, which includes plenty of pistols, or as you like to say "bottom loaders." LOL

Date: February 20, 2012 12:35PM

eeshturd Wrote:

> Think before you post, idiot.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_
> v._Heller
>
>
> "Dick Heller's application to register his
> semi-automatic pistol was rejected because the gun
> was a bottom-loading weapon, and according to the
> District's interpretation, all bottom-loading
> guns, including magazine-fed non-assault-style
> rifles, are outlawed because they are grouped with
> machine guns.[69] Revolvers will likely not fall
> under such a ban.[70]"

The wikipedia page's source was this wusa9.com's article:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=74036&catid=158

He says his gun has seven bullet clip. Heller says the City Council legislation allows weapons with fewer than eleven bullets in the clip. A spokesman for the DC Police says the gun was a bottom-loading weapon, and according to their interpretation, all bottom-loading guns are outlawed because they are grouped with machine guns.

First of all, it's a seven round magazine, not a "seven bullet clip." Second, whoever wrote that article has probably never used firearms terminology before, no one, NO ONE, says "bottom loading handgun."

Date: February 20, 2012 12:41PM

Here you go, from DC Police's webpage. http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view.asp?a=1237&q=547431&pm=1

The regulations will establish a District Roster of Handguns Not Determined to be Unsafe that will include the California list and handguns that are on the safe gun rosters of Maryland and Massachusetts. These regulations will allow for handguns with superficial differences from handguns on the roster – such as color or grip material – to be registered. The regulations will also allow for handguns that are removed from the California list for administrative reasons to remain on the District list.

Yup, those approved firearms include plenty of your "bottom loading handguns." LOL

Posted by: who cares. ()
Date: February 20, 2012 02:18PM

I drive into DC all the time to visit my friends/family members that live in the city. my truck is always full of guns. Granted, they are not laying around in open view- but are hidden under seats and in the truck tool box....if by chance you did get pulled over for a traffic violation, the police do not have legal authority to search your car--unless you give them probable cause--so just dont be smoking marijuana or drinking and driving or anything stupid/illegal.....

or maybe im just stupid? but i figure the likelihood of me getting pulled over AND THEN have my car searched is pretty slim.

Posted by: Confused ()
Date: February 21, 2012 12:10PM

Even at a traffic stop, if you're polite, and don't antagonize the cop, why would they search your car? The dogs sniff for drugs, not guns.

Further, why would you *tell* a cop "yeah, I have a gun in the trunk"?? Don't let the cops search your car and keep the guns in the trunk until you get to the range.

Posted by: sometimes they ask ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:11PM

Confused Wrote:
> Even at a traffic stop, if you're polite, and
> don't antagonize the cop, why would they search
> your car? The dogs sniff for drugs, not guns.
>
> Further, why would you *tell* a cop "yeah, I have
> a gun in the trunk"?? Don't let the cops search
> your car and keep the guns in the trunk until you
> get to the range.

if they ask you arent supposed to lie, its the quickest way to piss them off but they dont always ask

Posted by: i'm black... ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:16PM

so they just pull me over anyway. The moment they see me and my VA tags in DC (and I am legitemitely visiting a friend that happens to live in a high crime area) they come sniffing around.

I have my VA CCW and leave it at home- not worth the hassle. DC would probably lock me up for a week or 2 before they realized I was the legit gun owner and I had a permit for it. Sad the criminals living next door to my friend can flaunt theres but I legally paid for, registered, and own mine but I can't-if i want to stay lega and follow the letter of the law. Sad world...

I can see why one might "accidently forget it was in my glovebox sorry forgot to remove it before i left VA but it is mine here are my permits Officer"...but in my case since I am a minority I won't even try.

Date: February 21, 2012 08:10PM

Confused Wrote:
> Even at a traffic stop, if you're polite, and
> don't antagonize the cop, why would they search
> your car? The dogs sniff for drugs, not guns.
>
> Further, why would you *tell* a cop "yeah, I have
> a gun in the trunk"?? Don't let the cops search
> your car and keep the guns in the trunk until you
> get to the range.

All it takes is one good traffic accident and you've got a problem. A traffic accident in DC. What are the odds of that ever happening? I have seen perhaps a dozen rear end collisions. In about half of them, the trunk pops up and can't be put down. Imagine the hilarity of trying to hide the guns in the trunk while the officer(s) write up the report.

Who wants to go into DC anyway? Stay here, stay safe in the Old Dominion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 08:12PM by trogdor!.

Posted by: so true ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:19PM

this sums it up nicely
Attachments:
407005_10151243203080697_841235696_22546440_1893574409_n.jpg

Date: February 21, 2012 08:19PM

This site is interesting...and this lawyer's number be a good one to keep if you're going to take the guns to DC anyway.

http://www.dc-criminal-defense.com/2011/08/on-driving-through-washington.html

"As a practical matter, the DC Metropolitan Police have stated that they will not arrest a person on a DC gun charge if they were just driving through the District on the way to another state. However, this does not always seem to be the case. I have spoken to people were pulled over on the beltway for having an unregistered vehicle, and then arrested and charged with CPWL (carrying a pistol without a license). The police have also told drivers that stopping to get gas is considered doing business in the District and therefore, the driver was not merely passing thorough."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 08:22PM by trogdor!.

Date: February 21, 2012 08:48PM

i'm black... Wrote:
> Sad the criminals
> living next door to my friend can flaunt theres
> but I legally paid for, registered, and own mine

Where did you register a gun in Virginia?

A Virginia CHP is not a permit to have a gun in DC. If you are in DC with a gun your Virginia papers mean squat.

Posted by: agreed ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:55PM

justsayin Wrote:
> i'm black... Wrote:
> -----
> > Sad the criminals
> > living next door to my friend can flaunt theres
> > but I legally paid for, registered, and own
> mine
>
> Where did you register a gun in Virginia?
>
> A Virginia CHP is not a permit to have a gun in
> DC. If you are in DC with a gun your Virginia
> papers mean squat.

Only guns that have to be registered are class 3, and hes right VA permits dont mean a thing in DC

Date: February 22, 2012 07:53AM

See, the law appears to be on the side of "It's ok as long as it is locked in the trunk, separate from ammo", but there is alot of shit out there saying "Don't ever do it; you'll get raped in prison if you do".

I have a Glock 17 that I bought in VA. There is no permit or anything.

I guess I'll just have to make that bitch ride the metro out to VA to handle my gun.

Date: February 22, 2012 07:53AM

DC's super gay

Date: February 23, 2012 08:00AM

Date: February 23, 2012 09:30AM

It is too bad everyone but this lady just shoves their "piece" into the back of their pants and don't worry about it or care. The fact that this lady wants to obey the law makes DC government look dumb.

You can only blame the cops so much, they have their job and it is to enforce whatever crap the DC government signs into law.

Posted by: ringer ()
Date: February 23, 2012 05:04PM

Under federal law you can have an unloaded gun in your trunk in D.C. or Maryland if you are engaging in interstate travel. Let's say you are driving from North Carolina to Pennsylvania. It would be legal for you to drive over the Wilson Bridge or up 295. The catch is you cannot stop except for getting gas or food at a highway rest stop. If you decided to go sightseeing or stopped at someone's home you would be in violation of D.C. law.

Posted by: yjWdb ()
Date: April 23, 2012 08:30PM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2012/apr/2/miller-dc-resists-correcting-gun-laws/

MILLER: D.C. resists correcting gun laws
By Emily Miller

Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has had two weeks to remove false information about the city’s gun transport laws from its forms and website. It has no interest in doing so.

flashMPD officials refuse to admit that they have been giving out incorrect information over the past four years, much less fix the problems. With the D.C primary election taking place on Tuesday, it’s important to know if the city council will use its oversight powers to force a correction.

The man who wrote the gun law, D.C. Councilman Phil Mendelson, was made aware of the errors uncovered by my series. He's determined to get them fixed.

As chairman of the Judiciary Committee, the at-large Democrat has oversight of the firearms office in the police department, and his office said that he will be asking MPD to ensure that the proper facts about taking a firearm through the nation’s capital are provided to the public.

MPD's firearms registry has at least six full-time staff who answer questions about gun laws and regulations asked over the phone or in person. Unfortunately, the police officers do not appear to understand the legal code they are in charge of interpreting, which means gun owners are being given bad advice regarding activities that could result in a felony arrest.

The registry's website is not user friendly and totally out of date. The first page is about the “recent regulatory changes,” which refers to the list of handguns allowed in the District after the Supreme Court overturned the 30-year ban in 2008. Next on the site is the section for “legislative changes,” which then lists links to the full text of the legislation passed in 2009 in the wake of the court’s decision.

The site then gives office hours - weekdays from 9am to 5pm, meaning you have to take off work to register a gun so that the police don’t have to work on weekends. You’ll have to scroll down a full page to find the red text with the gun laws.

Since the registry office won’t accept anything on the page is wrong, I’ll point out the mistakes:

• Registry office information: “No person shall carry or possess a firearm on public space in the District of Columbia unless traveling directly to or from a lawful firearm-related activity (registration, hunting, shooting at a practice range, etc.).”

False. You are allowed to transport your gun for any lawful purpose. You do not have to be coming or going to a firearm-related activity.

Sec. 22-4504.02. of D.C. code: “Any person who is not otherwise prohibited by the law from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be permitted to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry the firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry the firearm if the firearm is transported in accordance with this section.”'

This applies to both residents with legally registered firearms and to citizens of other states who are passing through the nation’s capital.

This mistake seems to be made by applying another law on the books for nonresidents (Section 7) to D.C. residents, which is explained below in the third bullet point.

Located online: In the section “Additional Resources”

Note: The link on the website for “Firearms Registration: General Requirements and Study Guide” is the PDF of the registration packet. The link will need to be updated with the updated guide.

Located in print: Registration packet page 10.

• Registry office information: “If you are stopped by any police agency in the District of Columbia with a firearm in your possession, you must immediately produce the registration certificate and substantiate your lawful reason for transporting the weapon.”

False. You do not need to give a reason for transporting a gun. This is nowhere in D.C. code. If you are stopped by the police, you do not have to offer up that you have a firearm. There’s no reason in a normal traffic stop for the police to ask if you are transporting a firearm. But if they do, you have the constitutional right to stay silent.

To lawfully transport (22-4504.02), you only need to properly stow the gun and not be using it to commit a crime.

If you have an interaction with police while transporting, and they are made aware that you have a firearm, then a D.C. residents needs to show the registration certificate of each gun.

range

Sec. 22-4504.01: "Notwithstanding any other law, a person holding a valid registration for a firearm may carry the firearm....While it is being transported for a lawful purpose as expressly authorized by District or federal statute and in accordance with the requirements of that statute.”

Located online: MPD’s firearm registry website is mpdc.dc.gov/gunregistration. This citation is in the the section, “Important Things To Remember.”

Located in print: In the registry packet that is distributed to potential and current gun owners, this citation is on page 4.

While these first two items are incorrect and misleading, they can be easily changed by the registry office. But much of the confusion is coming from a bad law on the books that only the city council can change.

• Outdated law: “Any nonresident of the District participating in any lawful recreational firearm-related activity in the District, or on his way to or from such activity in another jurisdiction; provided, that such person, whenever in possession of a firearm, shall upon demand of any member of the Metropolitan Police Department, or other bona fide law enforcement officer, exhibit proof that he is on his way to or from such activity, and that his possession or control of such firearm is lawful in the jurisdiction in which he resides...” Sec. 7-2502.01(b)(3)

True and False.

This law is technically trumped by both the federal law and the 2009 D.C. law which allow nonresidents to transport firearms through D.C. for any lawful purpose. Under those statutes, firearms owners from other states going through Washington do not have to be going to or from firearm-related activity and do not need to provide proof that the gun is legal at home.

(Of course, since only D.C. and five states in the U.S. require guns to be registered, it would be virtually impossible for someone without a concealed carry permit from another state to prove it is legal at home.)

Mr. Mendelson’s office interprets the broader Sec. 22 law to be the one that police should enforce.

Even so, this law is still on the books and nothing in the 2009 law corrects it. Clearly this law is well-known by the police, who used this exact language to create the misinformation distributed to the public.

Mr. Mendelson could remove this obsolete statute with a clarification in the pending bill that will be voted on by the council in April. His office said he has not yet determined if this will be done.

It is important to note that these mistakes create a dangerous gray area. Acting in accordance with the law could result in arrest, but unlikely a conviction. The federal firearm transport statute trumps any law from a state or municipality. But who wants to spend a night in D.C. jail before a lawyer teaches the cops the difference?

Until Police Chief Cathy Lanier removes the incorrect laws from the city’s website and documents from her office and then instructs officers both in the registry office and on the streets about the correct firearms laws, the potential for false arrests remains unacceptably high.

Posted by: Rider ()
Date: April 23, 2012 09:12PM

I don't generally pay attention to DC laws because I generally avoid it like the cess pool that it is.

Last time I looked though it's not the DC gun laws you need to worry about, it is the DC -ammunition- laws you need to worry about. Having a pistol is illegal but it's only one violation. Pistol ammo normally comes in a box of 50 which means that having a single box ammunition for the pistol is 50 violations of their ban on unregistered ammunition.

Date: April 23, 2012 10:48PM

It's ok to carry firearms in DC as long as you're wearing the right skin color like me and/or are a convicted felon.

Posted by: dumb lawyer ()
Date: April 23, 2012 11:07PM

trogdor! Wrote:
> This site is interesting...and this lawyer's
> number be a good one to keep if you're going to
> take the guns to DC anyway.
>
> http://www.dc-criminal-defense.com/2011/08/on-driv
> ing-through-washington.html
>
> "As a practical matter, the DC Metropolitan Police
> have stated that they will not arrest a person on
> a DC gun charge if they were just driving through
> the District on the way to another state. However,
> this does not always seem to be the case.

I have
> spoken to people were pulled over on the beltway
> for having an unregistered vehicle, and then
> arrested and charged with CPWL (carrying a pistol
> without a license).

The police have also told
> drivers that stopping to get gas is considered
> doing business in the District and therefore, the
> driver was not merely passing thorough."

What part of the Beltway falls within DC?

Posted by: B. Gerhardt ()
Date: January 14, 2013 08:41AM

Thank you for one of the few factual and useful answers.

Posted by: Lale ()
Date: January 15, 2013 11:06PM

You can 100 percent legally transport a gun through DC as long as the gun is legal where to are coming from and is also legal at your destination. Federal firearm transport law and it also says no other law can trump it, so no state or district can change that law. Suck on that you uninformed fagots!!

Posted by: ggggg ()
Date: January 17, 2013 10:19PM

Lale - That is only true if you are passing through on the interstate and don't stop in DC except for gas. If you decide to go sightseeing or visit someone's house in DC then you would be subject to DC law.

Posted by: ak 47 ()
Date: January 17, 2013 10:56PM

ggggg Wrote:
> Lale - That is only true if you are passing
> through on the interstate and don't stop in DC
> except for gas. If you decide to go sightseeing or
> visit someone's house in DC then you would be
> subject to DC law.

I dont give a dam about the dc laws. I carry my gun when I go to a nats game, caps game or whenever I go downtown. I am not going to be a victim of some cracked out nigger. If I suspect he has a weapon I will blow his fucking head off then ask questions later

Posted by: ggggg ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:06PM

You may not care about DC laws, but I'm sure you will regret carrying a gun in DC if you are arrested and spend the night at the Central Cell Block. The conditions there are deplorable.

Posted by: Trunk ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:30PM

It is illegal to carry firearms in the trunk of a car in DC. The trunk is reserved for bodies only.

Posted by: XLJ36 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 12:50AM

justsayin Wrote:
> Realist answer: give cops no reason to pull you
> over, you'll never be caught,

In Maryland, at least, the State Police obtained the Virginia database of
people who have a concealed carry permit. They then figured that anyone
who has a permit, probably has a gun. (It is not lawful to carry a gun
in Maryland or DC with a Virginia permit.)

So the MD State Police began pulling people over on traffic pretexts,
totally bogus excuses to stop someone. Anyone with Virginia plates
and the vehicle registered to a person who has a Virginia concealed
carry permit was tagged by the automated license plate reading
machines at the Baltimore harbor tunnel (route 95). and a state
trooper waiting nearby was automatically dispatched to pull them
over for a fake reason. Then their car was searched. And since
they had a gun in the trunk, they were arrested for felonies.

This is why gun owners in Virginia wanted a law that would prevent
the CCP database from being made available (i.e. to MD law enforcement).
We did not get such a law due to the Virginia Democrats.

If you have a CCP from Virginia, you are at risk of being profiled
by the MD and DC police, who will stop and search you on a pretext,
and you will then be sent to prison for your well-deserved anal raping.

In Virginia you do not need a permit to have a loaded gun in your glovebox.
It is safer for you if you DO NOT get a permit.

Just carry, and don't get caught.

Posted by: Dixie ()
Date: October 17, 2018 10:36AM

The Maryland police access the Va DMV on traffic stops so the database is always up to date, Gov McAuliffe vetoed the CCW info not being given to Md even though it was passed by both houses in the General Assembly by a good margin exceeding his veto in the House but almost in the Senate with bipartisan support. His veto was bogus BS officer safety. No cop today is not wary when they make a traffic stop, they approach everyone as if you do have a gun and are a escaped con doing life, they have to the way the revolving doors of liberal justice roll, A person with a legal CCW poses extremely far less risk then a person without as they have been vetted as having a clean criminal record and gun training to get that permit Good reason for his name being McAwful

Virginia citizens had been harassed by a couple of bad cops that were with the Bridge police and some more on the Eastern shore where there's no water break on the line Hopefully the Gov of Md talked with them after walking on their back with a pair of "Trump" brand golf shoes behind the wood shed.

Anyone going into Maryland with a hand gun be advised , Md law requires the gun be in a lock case and unloaded, the ammunition in another locked case and both of them locked in a area that is not in the drivers area, The glove box does not count, The trunk , in a tool box on a pickup, SUV's you have to ask Maryland State Police

You can pass thru Maryland with such a gun stored in this way, you can go to a shooting range or private property to shoot, you can hunt with a Md license, you can go to a gun manufacture or dealer or gunsmith, and if you do stop you can not have any magazines that exceed Maryland's limit which I think is now 10 rounds. I cant not see how if you get gas or food,even go to the beach with the gun in a locked case the ammo in another and head straight to your room with it , how that's a crime as long as the gun stays in the room till you leave straight to your car the same way if it is its infringement of the 2nd Amendment

Know your states laws inside and out and if your traveling with a gun you best know the laws of all the states you may be in , not just those you plan to be in if you take a small side trip and do it every time you travel as they can change like magic when any Democrats are around to infringe on your right to bear arms

"gun" is much easier to spell then firearm. If I said arm or arms you would make fun of me as you will in my interpretation of the 2nd in the new thread Gun Talk but that's the term the founders used and my words were about their writings carved into granite for eternity in the 2nd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2018 10:38AM by Dixie.

Posted by: That's some BAD history ()
Date: October 17, 2018 10:45AM

Dixie Wrote:
> "gun" is much easier to spell then firearm. If I
> said arm or arms you would make fun of me as you
> will in my interpretation of the 2nd in the new
> thread Gun Talk but that's the term the founders
> used and my words were about their writings carved
> into granite for eternity in the 2nd

In The Founders' day, the word 'arms' appeared almost exclusively in a military context. In situations involving civilian needs, the word "weapon' was used to the same extent.

Posted by: qwjkdkjqwdjkdqw12 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 11:21AM

Disassemble it or put a lock on it, don't store it with ammo.

Posted by: wefefwef23123132 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 11:23AM

ak 47 Wrote:
> ggggg Wrote:
> -----
> > Lale - That is only true if you are passing
> > through on the interstate and don't stop in DC
> > except for gas. If you decide to go sightseeing
> or
> > visit someone's house in DC then you would be
> > subject to DC law.
>
>
> I dont give a dam about the dc laws. I carry my
> gun when I go to a nats game, caps game or
> whenever I go downtown. I am not going to be a
> victim of some cracked out nigger. If I suspect he
> has a weapon I will blow his fucking head off then
> ask questions later

and you leave it in the car?

Posted by: Democrat Con Artist ^^ ()
Date: October 17, 2018 11:46AM

>In The Founders' day, the word 'arms' appeared almost ex

Bullshit to say the 2nd only applies to the military . Complete BS as the 2nds in the Bill of Rights where individual rights that had to be placed in the Constitution to get ratification.

The Constitution itself describes the powers granted to the military

The people have as individual right to bear arms

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

The 2nd amendment words carved into granite by the founders

Go see Gun Talk for an explanation and bitch it out there

Posted by: NO ()
Date: October 17, 2018 02:44PM

IF you have a permit (good luck on that) to own a fire arm in the district - any fire arm, including bolt-action .22 rifles - you are not allowed to leave the house with it. Why the NRA hasn't absolutely destroyed DC at the SCOTUS after the city continues to flaunt the Heller filing, I don't know - probably because the city is full of niggers and progressives, and the NRA thinks - rightly - that the more helpless, unarmed progressives murdered by niggers who ignore gun law, the better.

Posted by: Dear Old Dixie Unsinged ()
Date: October 17, 2018 03:54PM

What your saying about DC permits only applies to buying firearms , yes they can only be kept in a home. But they can be transported to a gunsmith, a dealer, a target range, in DC or in and out of the city to do as you wish in Virginia , in other states check.

DC does issue concealed carry handgun permits, there is a long list of requirements and fees, there are training requirements, it costs about 1000 dollars to do everything and pay all the fees and do all the hoop jumping, there are a number of places DC has authorized to provide the training, one place in Fairfax Co. Is Sharpshooters in Newington, check with them. Expect to wait several months for it all to come together, for all your efforts, you can not carry on any public transportation where a Virginia commuter will need a firearm for personal protection so forget carrying on Metro , there are other ristrictions as well

Posted by: 74XVE ()
Date: October 17, 2018 11:29PM

Just to clarify: you can carry on the Metro if you stay in Virginia.

Also, you can't possess a gun on federal property, which includes an awful lot of Washington, D.C. that you might otherwise imagine is D.C. territory. By the same token, you can't possess a gun (e.g. in your car) on any US Post Office parking lot, in any state.

Whether you can possess a gun while driving on certain parts of the GW Parkway is not entirely clear.

What a fucking mess.

Posted by: Dixie ()
Date: October 18, 2018 12:23AM

Yes you can carry concealed on GW parkway in Virginia , but not Maryland unless you have a Md permit, lots of cash political donations to Democrats to get that, Ill bet David Trone has one. Hes running for congress not running away from the NRA, making illegal campaign contributions along his merry way. And he got caught for that and paid 60K in fines No BS!

The GW parkway was the catalyst that got the CCW In National Parks slipped into the credit card bill making Obama choke to sign it

People with Virginia CCW permits were getting stopped on the GW in Va and busted for a federal beef on a CCW charge, the new law changed all that despite the predictable Liberal screams of OK corral shootouts and poaching deer, shooting bears for kicks on Skyline Drive, all a lie, there been no troubles at all up there at all, with exception of swim mom finding out soccer dads carrying a 1911 on the family hike.

I would be carefull about Metro and triple check, never know what McAwful or Northern have done, that's a semi multi govt thing, I will say that Gov Northern has been much more reasonable the McAwlful ever was, President of What North Korea in 2020 ? forget his ass even existed

Posted by: facts suck ()
Date: April 22, 2019 01:30PM

Columbia Island, thus Columbia island marina, is the territory of D.C. If you happen to get pulled over on that stretch of the GW parkway you are subject to DCs laws. DC cops do not play the interstate transport law game, you will get arrested, spend at least one night at central holding and have whatever you had in your trunk confiscated. It's happened before, it will happen again. You won't get literally fucked in the ass, just figuratively. Don't chance it.

Beyond that, could someone please tell me what handguns use clips? As I'm only aware of one.

Posted by: ........ ()
Date: April 22, 2019 02:29PM

I've been carrying in DC for the last 4 years.

Illegal carry charge that will get watered down to something else after my lawyer handles my case, or my life and property?

Not even a question..

Posted by: The GW Parkway in Virginia ()
Date: April 22, 2019 10:04PM

Has no signs marking any DC lines, Cite the cases where people were charged with DC gun law there, as well as where are any DC cops there. Its federal property the US Park Police patrol it and I bet Arlington Co too. In Fairfax County the US Park Police and Fairfax County police have jurisdiction

Without any DC signs that would clearly be unconstitutional entrapment if any person was busted for DC's gun laws

You can consider that GW area to be the only place where a VA CCW is valid in DC I not referring To Theodore Roosevelt Island That's DC

Posted by: Issuer of corrections ()
Date: April 23, 2019 01:55PM

facts suck Wrote:
>
>
>
> . DC
> you will get
> arrested, spend at least one night at central
> holding
>
> You won't get literally fucked in the ass,
>
>
>
>
>

Be white and spend one night in D.C. Central Cell Block and see if Bubba doesn't fuck you in the ass, literally.

Posted by: Pointer outer of things ()
Date: April 23, 2019 02:00PM

The GW Parkway in Virginia Wrote:
> Has no signs marking any DC lines,

There used to be signs. They porlly got old or fell down, or both and the Feds were too cheap to replace them.

They are right about Columbia Island being in D.C. It's a FEd road, yes, but the D.C. popo do have jurisdiction and D.C. law does apply there.

You got to remember that none of the Potomac is in VA. The VA line starts at the high water mark of the river on the VA shore. Now Col. Island is an artificial Island, created by that canal that used to go from Alex. to Rosslyn. Nature has reclaimed most of what's left of it, but, someone determined that it's now part of the Potomac, so Col. Island is in D.C., technically.

A couple of years ago, they had DC hack inspectors bothering cabs on the GWMP on Col. Island. Those cabbies were mad when they found out it was DC, although they should have known it. The Arlington Sheriff chased the DC hack inspectors out of Reagan, but, the Park popo were only too happy to have them write tickets for DC cabbies.

Posted by: KVUPU ()
Date: April 24, 2019 05:31PM

THE ONLY EXEMTIONS TO CARRYING GUNS IN DC ARE THE DRUG GANGS. THEY NEED THEM TO DEFEND THEIR HOME TURF FROM THE MD GANGS. IF YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL THRU DC RENT A BULLET PROOF LIMO.

Posted by: Suuuuuuuure ()
Date: April 24, 2019 06:01PM

........ Wrote:
> I've been carrying in DC for the last 4 years.
>
> Illegal carry charge that will get watered down to
> something else after my lawyer handles my case, or
> my life and property?
>
> Not even a question..
Suuuuurreee.
You’re just as dumb as the criminal niggers in dc, if you have property there.

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: April 24, 2019 07:41PM

Suuuuuuuure Wrote:
> ........ Wrote:
> -----
> > I've been carrying in DC for the last 4 years.
> >
> > Illegal carry charge that will get watered down
> to
> > something else after my lawyer handles my case,
> or
> > my life and property?
> >
> > Not even a question..
> Suuuuurreee.
> You’re just as dumb as the criminal niggers in
> dc, if you have property there.

I carry ever single time I go into DC. And, no I don't live there. Personal effects are also property, idiot.

Posted by: Now he’s SCOTUS judge ()
Date: April 24, 2019 08:00PM

> I carry ever single time I go into DC. And, no I
> don't live there. Personal effects are also
> property, idiot.

No one will steal your KIA optima.
You keep telling everyone it’s “as nice as a Honda...”
Do the right thing and turn it in at the annual nigger gun turn-in

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.