HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: sweet lou whitaker ()
Date: February 17, 2012 11:23AM

Last Friday driving thru Fairfax Circle in Fairfax city I see a honda accord that looked like mid 1990's model with antique tags. The car looked like shit. The rubber bumpers were peeling very badly. Also extensive rust around the rear wheelwell and other spots too. Car driven by white kid around 20

Is there no other criteria for getting antique tags than age. Proper preservation of the car is not a factor?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: Adam ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:00PM

Yes, it's all about age. And who cares, he had to take care of it somewhat because it's a 1990's Honda.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:05PM

To get antique plates the car has to be 20yrs. old. It needs to be able to pass the inspetion standards for the year it was built (certified by owner) . It can only be driven a limited amount of time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:19PM

Glad you started a thread on this. It's never been discussed here before.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: sweet lou whitaker ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:30PM

"Glad you started a thread on this. It's never been discussed here before"


ah someone hasn't had his/her 6 pack for today yet


you related to just sayin'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: MS-14 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:44PM

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/60132/60966.html#msg-60966

Hey OP! Yeah you, fuckstick! "More Complete" (despite his name) let you off easy but, I won't. Before you start a thread here FIRST search your topic. We here at Fairfax Underground are some fairly savvy motherfuckers...chances are we've covered it previously. If and only if you don't see a previous thread on your topic THEN you can start a thread and attempt to dazzle us with your two-bit fucking intellect.

For the record, the thread I listed above...erm yeah, it's only been on here for erm...FOUR FUCKING YEARS! Your compliance on this is both required and greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: dmv ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:21PM

6X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To get antique plates the car has to be 20yrs.
> old. It needs to be able to pass the inspetion
> standards for the year it was built (certified by
> owner) . It can only be driven a limited amount of
> time.

It's 25 model years old.

No safety inspection required.

Restricted vehicle usage.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/vehicles/antique.asp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:40PM

dmv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 6X Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > To get antique plates the car has to be 20yrs.
> > old. It needs to be able to pass the inspetion
> > standards for the year it was built (certified
> by
> > owner) . It can only be driven a limited amount
> of
> > time.
>
> It's 25 model years old.
>

Ok. I was off by 5 years. Everything else is correct.

> No safety inspection required.
>
> Restricted vehicle usage.
>
> http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/vehicles
> /antique.asp

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/vsa10b.pdf



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 02:43PM by 6X.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: R. Tilson ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:02PM

You must provide DMV with the VIN number of another vehicle that you use for daily transportation. DMV will not issue an antique tag for a vehicle if it's your only licensed vehicle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: Henry Ford ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:37PM

And once again, let's not confuse the "Antique Plate" program with the "Vintage Plate" program...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: vintage plates ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:59PM

Henry Ford Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And once again, let's not confuse the "Antique
> Plate" program with the "Vintage Plate" program...


cars with vintage plates can have the "benefits" e,g, no annual safety inspection, as antique plated cars but those must follow the antique plate rules. it just cannot be the opposite, antique plated cars must obey the requirements those plates come with, there is no option to have them as DDs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: Henry Ford ()
Date: February 17, 2012 07:04PM

vintage plates Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Henry Ford Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And once again, let's not confuse the "Antique
> > Plate" program with the "Vintage Plate"
> program...
>
>
> cars with vintage plates can have the "benefits"
> e,g, no annual safety inspection, as antique
> plated cars but those must follow the antique
> plate rules. it just cannot be the opposite,
> antique plated cars must obey the requirements
> those plates come with, there is no option to have
> them as DDs.

{sigh} Nevermind...you're obviously new here...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Antique plates for a car in Virginia
Posted by: Opee ()
Date: February 18, 2012 10:59AM

"Hey OP! Yeah you, fuckstick! "More Complete" (despite his name) let you off easy but, I won't. Before you start a thread here FIRST search your topic. We here at Fairfax Underground are some fairly savvy motherfuckers...chances are we've covered it previously. If and only if you don't see a previous thread on your topic THEN you can start a thread and attempt to dazzle us with your two-bit fucking intellect.

For the record, the thread I listed above...erm yeah, it's only been on here for erm...FOUR FUCKING YEARS! Your compliance on this is both required and greatly appreciated."


they have repeats on the tv all the time

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Nj6Uu
This forum powered by Phorum.