HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So June 30th 2012 is the deadline for all of the non anchor Springfield Mall tenants to be vacated from the buliding?
Posted by: R.I.P. ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:01AM

So June 30th 2012 is the deadline for all of the non anchor Springfield Mall tenants to be vacated from the buliding?

Kind of makes sense now being that Spencers had been there like forever and suddenly they just disappeared and closed up shop.

R.I.P.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So June 30th 2012 is the deadline for all of the non anchor Springfield Mall tenants to be vacated from the buliding?
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: February 17, 2012 06:43AM

guess that means time out for Time Out finally :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 06:43AM by Gordon Blvd.

Re: So June 30th 2012 is the deadline for all of the non anchor Springfield Mall tenants to be vacated from the buliding?
Posted by: Confirm ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:22AM

Can someone confirm this?

Posted by: Taylor ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:05PM

But if all the stores are closed, what else will the roving gangs use to lure unsuspecting victims into the mall? No more robberies, muggings or car-jackings? How's a gangsta-thug supposed to "keeps it real"?

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:38PM

Does that mean Hong Kong is closing?

Posted by: Mall management ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:00PM

Mall management will not confirm or deny this so the end must be near.

Posted by: Me Luv U Long Time ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:33PM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does that mean Hong Kong is closing?

Hong Kong closed 25 years ago.

Posted by: video nerd ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:46PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Does that mean Hong Kong is closing?

I don't know. But what about Spaceway Raceway?

Posted by: B8 ()
Date: February 18, 2012 02:40PM

This will be the biggest improvement that has occurred in Springfield in years. Honestly, haven't we all have had our fill of Orange Juliuses?

Posted by: Johnny Rockets ()
Date: February 18, 2012 02:50PM

Landmark or Springfield Mall, take your pick. Both pieces of shit, and much like Skyline Mall before they went out.

Posted by: Orenthal James ()
Date: February 18, 2012 04:27PM

video nerd Wrote:
> More Complete Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does that mean Hong Kong is closing?
>
> I don't know. But what about Spaceway Raceway?

I'm headed to Orange Julius...you guys want anything?

Posted by: Official ()
Date: February 18, 2012 05:05PM

It is official. All the stores must be out by June 30th but this does not mean they all will leave in June. Most will be gone before that. As was also mentioned in another thread longtime tenant Spencers just closed recently. Look for other stores to do the same in the next few weeks and months.

Posted by: blue bus ()
Date: February 18, 2012 05:21PM

This seems appropriate.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:09PM

Orenthal James Wrote:
> video nerd Wrote:
> -----
> > More Complete Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Does that mean Hong Kong is closing?
> >
> > I don't know. But what about Spaceway Raceway?
>
> I'm headed to Orange Julius...you guys want
> anything?

Pick me up a medium. I'll meet you back at Time Out II.

So when is "the new" Springfield Mall or Town Center suppose to be completed?

So
Posted by: Wait, what? ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:32PM

regardless of how successful they currently are, no one, aside from Target, J.C. Penny, and Macy's will be permitted to operate come July 1?

There's no doubt that the mall has deteriorated, but some places, like the Barbershop, have seemed to thrive notwithstanding the lack of effort from the landlord. So they'll have to go, too?

Posted by: Orenthal James ()
Date: February 21, 2012 04:48PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Orenthal James Wrote:
> -----
> > video nerd Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > More Complete Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Does that mean Hong Kong is closing?
> > >
> > > I don't know. But what about Spaceway
> Raceway?
> >
> > I'm headed to Orange Julius...you guys want
> > anything?
>
>
> Pick me up a medium. I'll meet you back at Time
> Out II.
>
>
Ok, cool. Wait...my pager just went off so, lemme' call this chick back first and I'll see you down there. Can you put up some tokens for me on the edge of the cabinet to hold a space in line for "Hard Driving"?

Posted by: not my jiujitsu! ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:02PM

Does that include Yamasaki Academy, and the DMV location?

Posted by: Dar ()
Date: February 21, 2012 05:56PM

ah the DMV is already closed...

Posted by: 70's mall rat ()
Date: February 21, 2012 06:17PM

I'll miss Lums.

Posted by: They cant be closing now! ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:16PM

I was supposed to meet my date at the movies but I don't know if he said UPSTAIRS or DOWNSTAIRS theater. I bet I will find him in TimeOut again on that damn Street Fighter mess again. Oh well- there's always Bennigan's for drinks...

Posted by: Lease is up ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:31PM

The mall management is not going to kick them all out but instead they are just going to let everybody run their leases out. June 30th is a key date though. Not many stores will remain after that date.

Posted by: June 30th makes sense ()
Date: February 22, 2012 04:38PM

June makes sense because it is 6 months from January and most leases typically are for 6 months.

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: February 23, 2012 12:37PM

Orenthal James Wrote:

> Can you put up some tokens for me on the
> edge of the cabinet to hold a space in line for
> "Hard Driving"?

What has two thumbs and used to stop the car at the top of the loop just to watch the instant replay of the crash? This guy

I'M A FIVE-STAR MAN!!

Posted by: Andy` ()
Date: February 24, 2012 01:44PM

So this is for the major renovations that have been expected for many years right?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.