HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
can't believe I just paid $4.20 per gallon to fill up my car here... :(diesel)
Posted by: BimmerDiesel ()
Date: March 12, 2008 02:56AM

can't believe I just paid $4.20 per gallon to fill up my car here... :(diesel)

:(

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't believe I just paid $4.20 per gallon to fill up my car here... :(diesel)
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:06PM

haha! that's what you get for using dirty ol' diesel. my car runs on my own self-esteem. lol.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Re: can't believe I just paid $4.20 per gallon to fill up my car here... :(diesel)
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:39PM

BimmerDiesel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can't believe I just paid $4.20 per gallon to fill
> up my car here... :(diesel)
>
> :(

Let's hope Bush's information on Iran's nuclear capability is more accurate than the price of a gallon of gas. God knows how difficult it is to get this kind of information. You know, it's just about impossible to call AAA or read The Wall Street Journal.

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: March 12, 2008 08:25PM

$4.20? You ain't seen nuthin yet.

The US dollar is in the shitter.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 12, 2008 10:22PM

What Gravis is trying to say is his car is broken down... much like his self-esteem...

Posted by: sousterre ()
Date: March 12, 2008 11:06PM

Don't freak...and ignore the ignorant bozos who still think diesel is dirty. I laugh all the way to the pump twice a month when I get 530 miles on my 14 gallon tank in our turbo diesel VW. Check out www.virginiagasprices.com, do a search for "all areas," "diesel," posted within past 24 hours. Someone found diesel for $3.59/gallon in Gainesville. I live in Centreville and it is just a short trip over to PW County to get cheaper fuel. (No gas tax like Fairfax county). Besides, even though diesel is going up, we're still doing better than those using gas, paying $3.15/gallon in their cars/SUVs/bricks that barely get 20 miles per gallon. LONG LIVE DIESEL!

Posted by: SE ()
Date: March 12, 2008 11:13PM

Yep, Wawa on 29 in G-ville is the cheapest in PW County, always.

Posted by: nakedshoplifter ()
Date: March 13, 2008 09:54AM

You drive a "Bimmer" which is an overpriced snob car. I'm sure you can afford your gas bills.

Posted by: Valdiz ()
Date: March 13, 2008 10:20AM

You can thank good ole George Bush and Republicans

Posted by: Harry Beaver ()
Date: March 13, 2008 10:21AM

If it was not for driving on memorial day, gas would be $2.85 as it was a month ago.

Date: March 13, 2008 01:24PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> What Gravis is trying to say is his car is broken
> down... much like his self-esteem...

LOL! it was a line from the simpsons... when homer goes on tour as a rock star.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:28PM

Harry Beaver Wrote:
> If it was not for driving on memorial day, gas
> would be $2.85 as it was a month ago.

Memorial Day is 2 1/2 months away.

Gas prices are going up because oil is traded in dollars. The dollar is in the shitter. Also, growing usage in China and India, uncertainty in the Persian Gulf region and the instability of the U.S. economy are all contributing to rising gas prices.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: March 13, 2008 05:49PM

From what I have read, it seems

1. There is no supply issue, demand has stayed level since 2 months ago $2.75/gl
2. Global demand has risen the least in last 2 month
3. OPEC said they would keep the increases in place from 6 months ago
4. The supply uncertainty from ethno/political is from the Venuzuala/Exxon problem , but that is not acctually affecting supply. The turk/iriaq border incursion is over.
5. US oil inventory is above normal expectations this close to the season grade change over.

So Why the hell are we paying 3.50 a gallon..?

Well just like Washingtonelocian said, we buy it in dollars, is part of it.

Since it is traded in dollars, Foriegn and US investors have dumped more money into commodities than in History. Gold is 2 1000/ oz Oil is up , silver is up.
The decision to lower interests rates as the only tool to help the economy was a bad move. The Fed has many levers to control the economy. Never should you just pull one all the time or all too hard. The fact that the Fed is releasing 200bil in the bond for credit trade made last week is all the proof I need to know that Bernake knows he screwed up.

I miss greenspan.. :-(

Date: March 13, 2008 06:11PM

it's time to move to hydrogen fuel.

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: March 13, 2008 07:40PM

Diesel fuel is a lot cleaner (low sulphur) than it used to be and that's why it is no longer cheaper than gasoline. It takes more refining to get that sulphur out.

People complain obout gasoline prices, but diesel prices hit (or soon will) us harder in the wallet. Every fucking thing on store shelves got there by diesel. This cost will be passed on to the consumer.

INFLATION is going to kill us in the coming years. Americans are in hock up to their ears and have zero savings.

We're gonna see lots and lots of vacant retail space.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: March 13, 2008 10:22PM

Were gonna see lots of gas getting jacked from cars at South Lakes HS.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 15, 2008 11:47PM

Gravis, Ed Begley Jr. said that on that simpsons ep. not homer...

Date: March 16, 2008 01:37AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Gravis, Ed Begley Jr. said that on that simpsons
> ep. not homer...

thanks for info... but i didnt specify the person who said it.

LOL! it was a line from the simpsons... when homer goes on tour as a rock star.

Posted by: native american ()
Date: March 16, 2008 01:47PM

Blame the whiners who want the fed to lower interest rates making the dollar worth less. It isn't the arabs raising the price on their oil it is the weak dollar. It just takes more U S dollars to buy the same barrel of oil.
Also the speculators buying futures of oil doesnt help.

Posted by: f250 ()
Date: March 16, 2008 08:18PM

Yep...to echo above and keep the post on topic----diesel prices have risen so much because of the Jan 1 2008 requirement that diesel now have almost no sulfer content compared to before Jan 1. When I bought my truck last summer it was averaging about 30-40 cents cheaper, now it is 50-60 cents more expensive. Blame the tree huggers for this one.

On another note...has anyone tried acetone in their diesel engine? Heard that is supposed to help fuel milage.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.