HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Waiters and waitresses proper procedure for holding a beverage glass
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: March 11, 2008 09:23PM

Has anyone ever ordered a beverage anywhere and had the waiter or waitress hold the beverage glass by the lower half instead of the rim? There is a hygiene consideration here. I would be interested if anyone ever spots any waiter who does this one thing properly. Maybe we could issue them an award?- Rod

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Waiters and waitresses proper procedure for holding a beverage glass
Posted by: hm ()
Date: March 11, 2008 09:30PM

maybe your waiter just doesnt like you. I used to work at Olive Garden when I was in school and only if you knew the kind of shit we did to peoples food that we didnt like. Spit and holding the glass by the rim is the least of your worries. Next time try not being an asshole to your server and tip better.

Date: March 11, 2008 09:31PM

P.S. it was the olive garden in fair oaks

Posted by: funzo ()
Date: March 11, 2008 09:44PM

i think its HOT whtn the weighters hold it that way
turns me on

Posted by: Coastie ()
Date: March 12, 2008 07:37AM

As a environmental health professional, fingers in your water should be the least of your concern. You should see what the kitchen staff does. Check out your favorite resturant inspectoin scores @ http://www.healthspace.ca/vdh. Ther are also good vids at http://www.healthinspections.com/index.cfm. Some of the stuff I've seen is nasty and I can remember working at resturant as a kid.

Posted by: Customer ()
Date: March 12, 2008 08:49AM

If I ever find out you little faggots at Olive Garden did something to anybody's food at ANYTIME I will report your asses to the FBI and wait outside the kitchen so you cannot leave. Then I will FORCEFULLY introduce you to CLOROX

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:43PM

doesnt everyone use a straw anyway?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Harry Beaver ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:47PM

get a fucking beer, and open it yourself.

Date: March 12, 2008 03:27PM

Customer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I ever find out you little faggots at Olive
> Garden did something to anybody's food at ANYTIME
> I will report your asses to the FBI and wait
> outside the kitchen so you cannot leave. Then I
> will FORCEFULLY introduce you to CLOROX

And then both FBI and I will get a chance to laugh at your stupid ass.

Date: March 12, 2008 03:42PM

No but seriously dont eat their. Servers WILL fuck with your food regardless and management wont do shit besides give you a crappy certificate to buy more food from us that once again we will fuck with. Its a viscious circle really. When you tip like shit expect the same from your server and yes we can predict the tip based on your bitchy attitude. Middleeasters are THE worst tippers, let alone the fact how cheap they are and most of the time they simply smell. Blacks are cheap too and will raise shit over the smallest things(once again managaement doesnt give a shit and noone EVER EVER EVER gets fired over your complaint). Then there is bitchy professional type women that come in during lunch with all of their office fuck buddies that can be the worst. Families with kids and couples are usually very pleasent. Just be friendly with your server and they will take the extra step to serve you themselfs. If you have to ask for shit 50 times the chances are you are being dick and the server just doesnt want to attend your table. So once again NOONE ever gets fired over complaints , there is no record of any type, most of the time management dont even mention it to the servers, that being said why wouldnt a server fuck with your food if he/she already knows they are getting a low tip and you are being a dick to them. Personally I would never go back to serving tables for any money. Its one of the worst jobs . Just remember they are your servers for the hour you decide to enjoy your crappy soup and salad not your servants.

Date: March 12, 2008 03:54PM

thats why in Europe, tipping is optional.

And people know that, and work their ass off, if they feel like it, for any extra money.

Date: March 12, 2008 04:01PM

yea optional on top of an hourly wage or a salary. Believe me when I was servingt tables I would have loved $10 (or so) an hour plus tips. On an average you really dont make that much money, sometimes you break even after transportation and food. Now I always tip very well whenever I go out. I mean if you cant tip your server properly then dont go out. Some people have this idea that they can take their family of 5 out for a dinner at the restaurant on a $20 budget. If thats your case just stay at home.

Posted by: zeke ()
Date: March 12, 2008 04:08PM

Thanks Hm for one of the most honest posts I have ever seen on here. Restaurant work is the absolute worst.

When I worked in one even the blacks who waited tables didnt want blacks for customers because they would not tip regardless of the service and always complained about the meal, usually in order to get a free dinner.

NEVER EVER send back a meal. That is the surest way to get it spit on or worse. I never engaged in anything like that but many others did. The boss is usually some alcoholic and doesnt give a shit what goes on as long as the money balances at the end of the day.

Date: March 12, 2008 04:15PM

well, lets hope that those things dont apply to high end food establishments.

heh

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: March 12, 2008 05:43PM

I can second the DONT EVER SEND ANYTHING BACK TO THE KITCHEN, becuase it will get fucked over.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.