HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Avoid Contractor Paul Amos
Posted by: Mother Goose ()
Date: February 13, 2012 09:18PM

If you ever encounter Paul Amos, do not hire him or anyone who sub contractors with him. He is a con artist. He will collect your deposit for the job and will disappear. After he screwed me over, I spoke with a couple people in the area and they have all simliar strories. Any work he actually does is pathetic. It will fall apart or go bad within months. Grout work is horrible and will crack, stained cabinets aren't properly sealed and will stain clothes or anything else that brushes against it. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Avoid Contractor Paul Amos
Posted by: Idiot ()
Date: February 13, 2012 10:04PM

Small Claims Court or filing a Police Report is the best option. Venting on FFU is a waste of time.

Posted by: Elvis ()
Date: February 14, 2012 01:05AM

Idiot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Small Claims Court or filing a Police Report is
> the best option. Venting on FFU is a waste of
> time.

He isn't asking for advice, idiot, he's warning people to avoid this contractor so they won't get ripped off.

Posted by: @ idiot ()
Date: February 14, 2012 02:10AM

Idiot Wrote:
> Small Claims Court or filing a Police Report is
> the best option. Venting on FFU is a waste of
> time.

kill yourself for being such a dumbass

Date: February 14, 2012 07:08AM

A crooked contractor? What?????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Hokie94Fan ()
Date: March 20, 2012 09:12PM

Small Claims never actually guarentees you'll see your money. The best they will do is garnish wages but when dealing with a contractor, checks are, a lot of times, written to the contractor and wages are never garnished. I have heard of this guy by a couple people and I've gotten no positive feedback. Sounds like the next Sean Ryals...search that winners name and you'll know what I'm talking about!!!

Date: March 21, 2012 10:01AM

Oh there are ways. Find where he lives and have some of his assets seized. Have his company truck booted. Etc.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Katherine C. ()
Date: March 29, 2012 12:52PM

Not sure if this is the same Paul Amos, but my husband and I hired him to remodel our kitchen and 2 baths in Vienna and he and his crew did an outstanding job. We couldn't be happier and I would recommend him and his subs to anyone. He was very professional and his crew even helpled us with various small items around the house. He did some work for a neighbor and they referred him.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: March 29, 2012 01:07PM

Maybe he isn't the greatest contractor, but he's famous for his chocolate chip cookies.

Posted by: Jacob Sanders ()
Date: March 29, 2012 02:40PM

I had Paul Amos do a remodel of a bathroom a few years ago and everything looked fine. My general contractor cousin (out of state) reaffirmed the good work he did when he took a look at it, and a few pictures I took before all of the finishings were added. Did you not pay Paul, or piss him off somehow? It's not awlays the contractors fault. Did you have a cheap budget? Might be your fault dude.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: March 29, 2012 02:57PM

BEH Wrote:
> Maybe he isn't the greatest contractor, but he's
> famous for his chocolate chip cookies.

+1

Date: April 11, 2012 08:47PM

I think the most frustrating part is that I heard he did decent work, that's why I went with him. Not sure how it can be my fault if I give him money, and when he says he is finished and wants the remaining bablance, I notice that it looks like crap. That's the only time I didn't give him the rest of the money. If a contract is written and agreed upon, payment will be given when work is completed, not sure where it gets confusing!!!

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 11, 2012 08:56PM

Good contractors can go bad, like anyone else.

Some guys will build a reputation and trust with good work and then start jacking people when the dope,gambling and/or money problems set in.

On the flip side, a lot of contractors have to file liens against dbag property owners who get weasaelly on payments.

Go to small claims and file a warrant in debt and when you get the judgement be sure to follow up at property records to have it entered, that way he won't be able to sell any property in the state without honoring the debt.

Then hit 'em with a Creditors Interogatory, costs a few bucks but he'll have to list all assets and income etc etc.

Be relentless, you have to w/ deadbeats or they'll beat you dead.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Mike Costigan ()
Date: April 12, 2012 12:10AM

Elvis Wrote:
> Idiot Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Small Claims Court or filing a Police Report is
> > the best option. Venting on FFU is a waste of
> > time.
>
>
> He isn't asking for advice, idiot, he's warning
> people to avoid this contractor so they won't get
> ripped off.

Seconded.

Posted by: Spfld guy ()
Date: April 19, 2012 02:36PM

Paul is a coke head. Paul is also a police informant. You are not the only person this guy has has screwd.

Posted by: Larry ()
Date: April 19, 2012 02:37PM

Try Kings Park!

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
> Oh there are ways. Find where he lives and have
> some of his assets seized. Have his company truck
> booted. Etc.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: April 19, 2012 03:51PM

Lots of conflicting stories here.

Posted by: Larry ()
Date: April 19, 2012 03:57PM

Look up his arrest record. He is a piece of shit...

Posted by: Spfld guy ()
Date: April 19, 2012 04:08PM

He hangs out at Waters Edge in Woodbridge. Just look for the fat fuck freeloader trying to pick up nasty elderly women to pay his tab,bang them & rip them off. The sad thing is that his wife is kind of hot. She left him not that long ago and he claims he was considering suicide (too bad he didn't follow through on it)

Posted by: Tampa2 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 04:26AM

A Coke head police informant? Cmon bro! Whoever believes that garbage is about as smart as you!! Get real!! Down south we would say you caught an R Charge.

Posted by: Sub Contractors Girl ()
Date: May 24, 2012 11:26PM

This ass has burned bridges with every sub he's brought on...He can't possibly find anyone to sub for him in NOVA because he brings them on, works them 12 hours a day and comes up with 50 + reasons he can't pay for work (great work BTW) that has been completed in clients homes. Beware Sub Contractors and clients...he's a crook, and liar in the highest degree. Please do not assume that the contractors working with him are part of his team or staff...he has brought the subs on from Craigs or they are friends of friends. My guy has 25yrs in the business, owns his own business and was picking up work in between his own contracting commitments. He knew nothing of Amos until he experienced him. We have heard it all, "homeowner gave me a bad check", "Check is written to me but I had to give it to my wife and she had already written checks on it", "check is written to a bank I can't cash it at", "I'll meet you at the donut shop with your money, but it will only be a few hundred" and then never bothers to show up or call. His cell phone is "turned off"...cell phone "has bad battery"..."at my brothers in XYZ and won't be back for a few days". Oh and my favorites "had a church function" and "at my son's baseball game". That's a lot of church and ball.

He is a no show at most jobs, he "phones in" what needs to be done...hum, that would be by the subs he's *hired*. He has zero concept of running a business, he's been car-less for weeks and needs others to cart him around. This is an IT guy who thought it would be great to run a contracting company with zero background. He puts ads on Craigs and unsuspecting contractors connect with him. Works out great for him, he gets professional, master contractors to do the work and Paul Amos smiles and talks his talk, collects the payment and bam...that's it. If you sub for him you will never get more than a couple hundred of what you are owed.

Forget about a walk thru once the job is completed, he will phone that in too, has a sub who's at the job by between 7 & 8am and who's exhausted by doing a master job...he will ask that sub to talk with the clients. What the hell...Amos, is late to the job, a time waster and cannot manage much. What he can do is take your money, use it to take care of his obligations and rob Peter to pay Paul juggling money from one job to the next. *Your* deposit folks will be used to pay for everything other than your supplies and will more than likely be used to fund for a job a month previous.

He isn't a good person and certainly he isn't a truthful person.

In regard to a payment that's more than 2 months old...we heard today that "the homeowners check couldn't be cashed, sorry man, have a job I really need you on but I need to make good on what I owe you first."

Do yourself a favor, check out whomever you want to hire, because if you did, there is no way you would have hired Paul Amos Contracting in Alexandria.

Posted by: Kennyy ()
Date: May 30, 2012 11:06AM

I've run in to this fag at some local bars. Seems like a douche.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 30, 2012 11:15AM

Is this guy a short Irish looking prick? Drinks like a fish, used to have a Jeep Rubicon?

I used to see a contractor, alcoholic, coke head named Paul out at the bars in Fairfax. A real piece of work. He beat the shit out of some chick in Fair Lakes once... I only remember the 1st name but this sure sounds like he fits the bill.

Posted by: Quinta ()
Date: May 30, 2012 02:18PM

Paul, and his guys Jimmy, Nick, and Rich all do great work! Showroom quality!! I have had them work on multiple jobs in my homes and have zero complaints. They know their work and have resolved many issues. Their remodel work is top notch and everybody who has seen the work have confirmed to me that the money I have spent was well worth it! They have been working on projects for me since last July. Not sure why the negative comments here. I am a satisfied customer and I have referred Paul and his guys to lots of friends and family! Maybe he had some subs he was not happy with or their work may have been subpar. However, the crew he has with him has been together for quite awhile. Rich is an excellent electrician and has even resolved issues that other electrical contractors couldn't!

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 30, 2012 04:18PM

@mother goose - what steps have you taken to get yr problems resolved with Mr Amos? Did you complain and he tell you to eff off? or what happened? JUst curious................

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 30, 2012 04:30PM

but inquiring minds want to know, is he a short, Irish lookin dude?

Posted by: Kennyy ()
Date: May 30, 2012 05:07PM

JBass- no he looks like a mexican/indian fatass.
Quinta- Sure thing there Paulie...

Date: May 30, 2012 05:39PM

I have tried reaching out to him and he won't answer his phone. I get his voicemail and have left messages. Its still the same voicemail and I can tell he is on the other line with the beep after it rings but I have gotten no response. I thought about small claims but with him being a contractor and checks are written to him directly there is no guarentee I see any of the money. I'm at a loss.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 30, 2012 07:14PM

@mother - well based on the responses I've seen, I dunno what to tell ya. Maybe some of these positive responses are from him and his buddies. Maybe you and some of the neg responses are sub-contractors or jealous exs I dunno. But I will tell you that posting PICTURES of the work you are complaining about will go a long way to others deciding if'n or not they'd hire Mr Amos.

Posted by: Weaton ()
Date: May 30, 2012 08:54PM

I personally know all the guys that work with him. Cannot speak of the quality of work but I can say that they are all straight up dudes. I know they are always busy and that they do get repeat clients. They always seem to have money as well so the guys must be getting paid!? I know from a couple sources that he has had some complaints with a couple of the guys that worked or sub contracted with him and he fired those 2 or 3 people. And NO, the guys that work with him are not from Craigslist. He has known them and I have known them all for years. Some of the subs may have worked for his buddy Mel. From what I understand, Mel is having issues with those subs or has expressed that to some of Paul's co-workers.
Cannot say if I would refer him for work since he has not worked directly for me.

Posted by: I got news for ya... ()
Date: June 11, 2012 08:06PM

...and regarding the comment "And NO, the guys that work for him are not from Craigslist" from Weaton. I was told the first day I met and worked for Paul "don't tell the homeowner that we actually haven't worked together before, I don't want them to think we haven't worked together". Guess where his ad was placed, guess where I found the ad? Craigslist. Before you assume my work was sub par, before you assume anything, he liked my work well enough to put me on other jobs until I got smart enough and said that he needed to pay me what I've been owed. That's been months and ea time we've talked it's "I'm sorry. It's always an excuse.

Good to know "they always seem to have money"...that's very good to know.

Some contractors actually enjoy what they do, take pride in the work, care about the standards, pay subs what they are owed, I am one of those contractors.

Posted by: i have news too! ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:48PM

This dude is about 5' 10 ish, a little overweight and can talk so smooth and butter you up and be all nice. he could sell ice to an eskimo he talks such a smooth talk to his subs and the homeowners.

I've seen him lie outright to customers when they ask about something, and he covers up his mistakes and lack of ANY knowledge in the business by making up a bunch of crap and the homeowners believe him! It just has to catch up with him soon I know.

he tried to cover up an issue with a glazed paint made by Ben Moore and he told the customer that Ben Moore was having so many problems with that line of glazes that they were discontinuing it.

I decided to inquire about this and checked with another Ben Moore rep other than where he purchased that material and found out otherwise. He and his worker Shawn just didnt know how to properly apply the paint and glaze. What a stupid liar!

Posted by: snowballs ()
Date: August 27, 2012 09:39AM

He is inconsistent. I had work done from him. Some good, some shotty. Not always reliable, never punctual.Seemed to depend on if he presently has a vehicle or license.

Posted by: rhino ()
Date: December 17, 2013 11:10AM

How can I contact him? Since everyone knows his contact but has not posted it, come on. let flame him worse then?

Posted by: !!!! ()
Date: December 17, 2013 11:12AM

Mother Goose Wrote:
> If you ever encounter Paul Amos, do not hire him
> or anyone who sub contractors with him. He is a
> con artist. He will collect your deposit for the
> job and will disappear. After he screwed me over,
> I spoke with a couple people in the area and they
> have all simliar strories. Any work he actually
> does is pathetic. It will fall apart or go bad
> within months. Grout work is horrible and will
> crack, stained cabinets aren't properly sealed and
> will stain clothes or anything else that brushes
> against it. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Who pays in advance for work being done? Not me.

Posted by: Paul Amos ()
Date: December 17, 2013 11:13AM

GO FUCK YOURSELVES...

Moother Goose is just mad because I would not fuck her in the ass...

Posted by: Hmm! ()
Date: December 17, 2013 01:05PM

Spfld guy Wrote:
> Paul is a coke head. Paul is also a police
> informant. You are not the only person this guy
> has has screwd.

Well, according to this that would make him not only a drug user, snitch, but also a sodomite as well!

Date: December 17, 2013 01:37PM

Still no contact information. I would like to contact him, if all of this is true, then there should be no issue with putting his number up/

Date: December 17, 2013 02:14PM

Here is my contact information:

1-800-277-7529

I am sorry you were not happy. Please contact at my office number above so we can resolve your complaints. Thanks!

Date: December 17, 2013 02:25PM

While that was an exciting number, I am truly trying to contact Mr. Amos. please give ma a correct number or e-mail so I can reach out.

Date: December 17, 2013 02:38PM

Here is my contact information.

Amos Contracting L L C

Mailing Address: 2000 14th St NW, Suite 105
Washington, DC, 20009

Phone: 202.682.2245

Date: December 17, 2013 03:05PM

congrats on coming out.

Someday I hope to connect with Mr. Amos, I owe him some money. I have tried searching all over to get in contact with him and this is the only area I have found to even get an answer. good bad or indifferent

Date: December 17, 2013 03:18PM

I know him from his days in the west

Date: December 17, 2013 04:09PM

Amos Contracting L L C

5901 Mount Eagle Drive # 816
Alexandria, VA 22303 - View Map
Phone: 202-393-7874

Posted by: xseeder ()
Date: April 18, 2017 03:28PM

I've know him a very long time, he screws everyone real # is 571/236-8362,
you all are welcome

Posted by: hucklberry11 ()
Date: April 18, 2017 03:32PM

the real paul amos 571/236-8362 con artist and scammer

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.