HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Elementary school questions
Posted by: mememeh ()
Date: March 09, 2008 01:02PM

Are Crossfield, Navy and/or Waples Mills considered good elementary schools? How would you rank them? Do any of them have GT programs?

Also- between Chantilly HS and Westfield- how would you rank them?

appreciate your insights!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Elementary school questions
Posted by: native ()
Date: March 09, 2008 03:26PM

You mean to tell me that your number one priority is not how hot their teachers are?

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: March 09, 2008 09:16PM

You want to go to westfield HS. Your kids get free steroids and straight A's. Also all their extracurricular programs are great because they have so much money,

Oh I forgot, you cant go there if you dont have a lot of money becuase you ahve to give a lot to teh school

Dont go to chantilly, its all crackheads and pot smokers. If you go there you kid will take classes in joint rolling, avoiding a bad deal, and how to proberly stab with a switchblade
This can easily be affirmed by going into any of the bathrooms on a school day, you will come out smelling like pot andwill promptly be arrested by one of the 5 cops which are req'd at that school

Posted by: SiZzLa ()
Date: March 09, 2008 09:28PM

the elementary schools you mentioned are all excellent. Chantilly and Westfield are good too, but not the best in the county. I would say Chantilly is better based solely on the fact that two westfield graduates have shot a bunch of people in the last few years... but other than that i dont know much difference between the 2.

Posted by: Carole ()
Date: March 09, 2008 10:06PM

Go to www.Schooldigger.com -- You can find out all you want to know.

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: March 09, 2008 11:13PM

All three of those elementary schools are good. The two high schools are fairly similar, both pretty good.

To find out more about any Fairfax school, go here:
http://fcps.edu/profiles/index.htm

and here:
https://p1pe.doe.virginia.gov/reportcard/

Posted by: mememeh ()
Date: March 10, 2008 10:42PM

Well- so I gather ES okay- but HS- maybe not so? I guess consider Oakton - not too keen on Westfield for some reason

Posted by: Suburbia ()
Date: March 13, 2008 12:25PM

Those three schools have kids from "good" neighborhoods, meaning that their houses are generally nice because their parents have decent jobs and can afford them. Since the parents are educated, the children have reaped many intellectual benefits from birth. So yeah, probably a lot of middle class/upper middle class kids are at those schools and thus higher test scores. But good teachers as well as bad teachers can be found anywhere - at any school.

Posted by: Harry Beaver ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:20PM

Rocky Run FOREVA!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.