HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Acclaimed Plumbing Services DO NOT USE
Posted by: Acclaimed Services ()
Date: February 08, 2012 04:55PM

Do not use this company for plumbing services. The work they do appears to be fine but the customer service is horrible. They charge outrageous rates and when you call to discuss the issue they will not let you talk to the manager. I asked to speak to someone else and I was told that I already did, that someone else was the girl that answers the phones who transferred me. I told the manager I was speaking to that I was not happy with the way he was handling the problem and he told me that there was no one else to talk to. They ask you to write reviews for them as soon as they step foot in your house with the promise of not charging the after hours rate. They specifically bad mouth Michael and Son's and tell you how much more those guys would have charged, maybe that one company would charge more but FH Furr and My Plumber said the Acclaimed Services price was outrageous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acclaimed Plumbing Services DO NOT USE
Posted by: Angie's List ()
Date: February 08, 2012 06:42PM

I love Angie's List. Everything single contractor I have had from them has been great.

Posted by: Opp ()
Date: February 08, 2012 09:25PM

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. I figure I learned my lesson and in the grand scheme the money is not that big of a deal but they shouldn't treat customers the way they do. This is the first business I've seen that engages someone posting a review. A customer had posted a negative review, apparently more than once, and there were comments from an employee telling a customer that it was getting old when he posted a negative review each day. I can see where the customer found that to be his only recourse after dealing with the Fairfax office. I've never called a business and asked to be escalated to the next person in charge and been told there is no one. Amazing, I called the Prince William office and there apparently is someone above the guy I talked to, imagine that.

Date: February 09, 2012 07:50AM

Wow, 13 complaints in 10 months with the BBB and a C- rating. I just hope no one else calls these guys. I learned the hard way that no matter what the situation you should always take the time to get a second estimate.

The guy I tried to talk to was also about as rude as can be. He refused to transfer me to his manager and anytime I tried to talk he just started talking over me. At one point it was like being in a pissing match with a 3 year old, I couildn't beleive this business allows their managers to treat customers like that. Oh well, I got his boss's number from another branch and the prsidents name from the BBB.

Posted by: John HH ()
Date: February 09, 2012 11:36AM

There is no prince william office for acclaimed pumbing!

Posted by: Employee ()
Date: February 09, 2012 11:53AM

You are right! There is no Prince William Office... And currently there is no "other branch"! There is not a person in the company labeled "President". I suggest you try calling the number you found and speak to the higher ranking authority. I am a manager for this company and would never be rude to a customer especially in the manner in which you described. I take customer service seriously and maybe you need to notify this "President" of the way in which you were treated and who this "manager" was....
As for the BBB, customers are going to complain in any industry, all we can do is correct the issue and RESOLVE the issue to make them happy. 13 complaints in 10 months..... YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE # OF THOSE THAT WERE RESOLVED.

Posted by: BBB ()
Date: February 09, 2012 01:50PM

Factors that lowered the rating for Acclaimed Plumbing include:

* 25 complaints filed against business
* 1 complaint filed against business that was not resolved

Factors that raised the rating for Acclaimed Plumbing include:

* Length of time business has been operating.
* Response to 25 complaint(s) filed against business.
* BBB has sufficient background information on this business.

Posted by: Not an Employee ()
Date: February 09, 2012 03:31PM

Employee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is not a person in the company
> labeled "President".

Are you familiar with these dudes?

Reuben Bejjani, President
Leo Bejjani, Vice-President, Corporate Sec'y, Treasurer
7208 Wolf Run Shoals Rd
Fairfax Station, VA 22039

Or maybe:

Terry C Legum, Registered Agent
4004 Williamsburg Ct
Fairfax, VA 22032

That's what I found when I looked up Acclaimed Plumbing in the SCC directory.

Posted by: theBigRagu ()
Date: February 09, 2012 03:54PM

The stuff about the reviews sounds real shady but it does not surprise me. I have heard a lot of similar stories about Acclaimed and would never use their services. The like to bad mouth Michael & Son but you can contact the president directly and he will call you back.

http://www.michaelandson.com/promise.html

Re: Acclaimed Plumbing Services
Posted by: KellyBing ()
Date: February 09, 2012 05:15PM

Thebigragu- sounds like you're an employee of Michael & Son.

I've been a customer of Acclaimed for a while and I've never had any issues with them!

Re: Acclaimed Plumbing Services
Posted by: Spackle Crack ()
Date: February 09, 2012 05:52PM

All big company, ie mass marketing plumbing services suck. You are paying for their ads on tv in the paper etc, and getting someone who might or might not be qualified.

Best bet. Get a local guy, who is independent, and has years of experience. Less $, and better service. Plus, you know where he lives LOL

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: February 09, 2012 08:43PM

Why do people check the BBB after there's a problem.

The smart ones pay off BBB to get a platinum/whatever rating.

Date: February 10, 2012 07:30AM

There is indeed a Prince Willaim County office, it is listed at the top of their invoice with the rest of their offices, the number is 703-910-9999.

The manager that would not allow me to talk to anyone else called me back yesterday afternoon and tried to back pedal. He told me that he was going to escalate my issue but there was no one in the office at the time. I told him that was not true nad that he refused to transfer me or give me the next managers number and he started arguing with me about that first call. I told him I was done discussing the issue with him and would be talking to Rueben.

Hey Employee,

Why is there an office at the top of your invoice listed as Prince William Cnty? There is no one that is the President? Below is staright from the BBB site

Reuben Bejjani, President
Leo Bejjani, Vice-President, Corporate Sec'y, Treasurer

wnrsm,

Like I said I reacted to my plumbing problem too quickly, I should have taken the few minutes it would have taken to check BBB and I would have never called these guys.

Date: February 10, 2012 11:14AM

Spoke to the President (apparently he does exist), he was curious just like me to know how you have a legal business without having a President. He was very professional, apologized profusely and was more than willing to take action to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. I also told him that the two women I dealt with at the Prince William office number were very professional and helpful.

I have to say that the President was very professional and handled the matter quickly and efficiently.

Date: February 12, 2012 11:09AM

I'm glad you were able to work with someone that could resolve the issue. Your experience with the president of the company doesn't seem to match up with that BBB rating. You got lucky.

Posted by: Acclaimed victim ()
Date: February 12, 2012 06:21PM

I had a similar experience. They sent over a plumber and a "manager" to replace my hot water heater. The work was decent quality but the manager was completely unprofessional. He tried to pressure me into getting additional work done and filing a claim with my homeowners insurance to cover it.

In the end the repair was done but the price was too high and I was pissed off by the manager. I'll recommend against using them to anyone who ask about a plumber.

Posted by: Matt22 ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:16AM

HUGE RIP OFF!!! I urge you not to use them. i had my water pressure break in the middle of the night and they were the fastest ones to come out.

When the guy showed up, he immediately asked for the 85$ dispatch fee. we gave him a check as we were desperate to shut the water off. he goes and checks the water pressure regulator and comes back with a 1700$ estimate! his break down was the following:

Water pressure regulator: $900 ( $40-70 part)
Water on/off valve: $500 ( $25 part)
Shutting the water off: $200 (something about calling the county)
Dispatch fee: $85

total w/ tax a little over $1700

we paid him to shut the water off and dispatch fee ($285 check) but we stopped him from doing the rest.

as i searched the internet further for their reviews - all terrible. then i decided to search the BBB, they werent on it, meaning they are NOT ACCREDITED. Then to investigate further, i did a license check with the county, and nothing came out on the governments site. (unless they are registered under a different name or some other shady thing) - though it was registered in the state corp commission to a Leo Habib Bajanni - but again, no license.

Feeling alarmed that i was duped, my colleague and i called the next day to see if this $200 rate was legitimate. as we spoke to their dispatcher, he had no idea what the $200 fee was for, and when pressed further he got more defensive and irritated with us.

Needless to say, i called a few other plumbing companies the next day, as it was not as urgent to get someone to come immediately, none knew anything about the $200 charge and the ranging estimate was between $300 - $450.

in summary, save yourself the headache, your money, and your dignity from being cheated - and go with someone else - these guys will cheat you of your money.

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Date: May 17, 2012 01:06PM

I thought for sure this thread was dead. Hadn't checked back in a while, I see they are still up to the same shady shit they were when I got duped.

I still laugh about the guy telling me that he would remove my negative comment from the review if I posted it. Hahahaha....I guess he owns Google and can just remove whatever he wants.

Posted by: Carpool ()
Date: May 17, 2012 04:43PM

its a shame that the economy has turned everyone into little bitches that want to complain and moan about every penny they spend... Cry me a river!

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: May 17, 2012 05:11PM

Carpool Wrote:
> its a shame that the economy has turned everyone
> into little bitches that want to complain and moan
> about every penny they spend... Cry me a river!

Sounds more to me that it's a shame that the people of Acclaimed can't refute the claims made here and have to result in complaining about complainers.

$1700 down to $400 is a lot of pennies to piss away.

Posted by: plumbersuck ()
Date: May 17, 2012 05:44PM

Don't use ROTO rooter either they sit in the truck for half of the vist writing up your bill and charge about 450.00 an hour

Posted by: matt22 ()
Date: May 18, 2012 01:56AM

Actually - to be fair, i jumped the gun on this one. i tried to remove my post by im not sure how. I spoke with Mr. Leo Dejjani and i explained everything to him. He was a fair and reasonable man and he gave me a full refund of what was charged. Mr. Dejjani runs a huge business with many employees and sometimes they go rogue and charge figures from their head. and this instance was a case of that nature. He immediately gave me my money back, including the 85$ which i agreed to pay for his guy to come out. In my experience, he went the extra mile to insure justice is served. After checking all the reviews on line, i come to realize there is a mixed set of reviews, some are extremely good and those probably customers dealing with him. and the other are customers who dealt with a bad employee or competitors bad mouthing him. Overall, mr. Dejjani is fair man, and i highly recommend dealing with him.

Date: May 18, 2012 07:06AM

"13 complaints in 10 months..... YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE # OF THOSE THAT WERE RESOLVED."

I must have missed this comment back in February. In case you didn't notice, I'm not posting here to support your business.

I do have to agree with Matt22 though, once I spoke to Rueben (I believe he is Leo's brother) the issue was handled quickly and professionaly.

man up people,where is your dignity,we all have brains
Posted by: john doe ()
Date: May 18, 2012 07:34AM

I have worked in the service field for 30 years in one capacity or the other. I could post hundreds of instances where people are most ingenuous when it comes time to pay, even after they agree to pay in writing. Funny how after you solve their problem the attitude changes. I also have experienced in estimating jobs a price scope of 20,000 to 40,000 dollars, to different companies they are being competitive as per their costs to run their company,some however might say they are over-charging. Business is Business and we all have the right to say YES or
no There will always be people who feel flighted or cheated and the one who always complain usually have too much time on there hands. I have used Acclaimed Services and am an educated consumer and negotiated my bill -thank you

Posted by: hahahaha ()
Date: May 18, 2012 11:57AM

This thread is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LAME!
A bunch of pussies crying about services and then saying they got their money back? Thanks for wasting my time.

Posted by: Johnny Galt ()
Date: May 18, 2012 12:32PM

The thread is about businesses that need money to survive should do a good job and not act like they are doing you the favor to get your money cuz ummmmm, guess what, their are other companies that will do a good job and appreciate the business.

So companies that want to act like retards can expect to get ass fucked on the internet. Smart companies understand that. Retarded back-woods fuck-up companies get internet pwned and suffer.

Bad companies have to rape customers in order to make up for the lost business, it's a fact. Eventually they just go out of business because the internet makes it clear who the bad companies are that have to rape you because they can't get enough business. It's a fair and simple system.

Do good = $$$
Do bad = pwned

-jg

p.s. Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin' on you?

-
-
-

Posted by: cbas ()
Date: May 18, 2012 02:18PM

All companies in all industries have complaints on the internet... I am a server at carrabbas and we deal with the same thing... Cannot please everyone and they... like you... consider it to be ass raping. This stems from being either broke or jewish about spending money... how do you ask for something.... commit to it and then flake out?

Who is AYN? how cute.

Posted by: Matt22 ()
Date: October 22, 2012 10:21PM

Nice try, I highly doubt matt22 posted this. Acclaimed plumbing, services, whatever is a huge rip off, don't let them continue to get away with this stuff!

matt22 Wrote:
> Actually - to be fair, i jumped the gun on this
> one. i tried to remove my post by im not sure how.
> I spoke with Mr. Leo Dejjani and i explained
> everything to him. He was a fair and reasonable
> man and he gave me a full refund of what was
> charged. Mr. Dejjani runs a huge business with
> many employees and sometimes they go rogue and
> charge figures from their head. and this instance
> was a case of that nature. He immediately gave me
> my money back, including the 85$ which i agreed to
> pay for his guy to come out. In my experience, he
> went the extra mile to insure justice is served.
> After checking all the reviews on line, i come to
> realize there is a mixed set of reviews, some are
> extremely good and those probably customers
> dealing with him. and the other are customers who
> dealt with a bad employee or competitors bad
> mouthing him. Overall, mr. Dejjani is fair man,
> and i highly recommend dealing with him.

Posted by: Mikeymike ()
Date: October 22, 2012 10:34PM

Ain't there enough clogged shitters in this town for both of you grammatically challenged idiots to get work?

Posted by: lolzzzzz ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:35PM

Matt22 Wrote:
> HUGE RIP OFF!!! I urge you not to use them. i had
> my water pressure break in the middle of the night
> and they were the fastest ones to come out.
>
> When the guy showed up, he immediately asked for
> the 85$ dispatch fee. we gave him a check as we
> were desperate to shut the water off. he goes and
> checks the water pressure regulator and comes back
> with a 1700$ estimate! his break down was the
> following:
>
> Water pressure regulator: $900 ( $40-70 part)
> Water on/off valve: $500 ( $25
> part)
> Shutting the water off: $200 (something
> about calling the county)
> Dispatch fee: $85
>
> total w/ tax a little over $1700
>
> we paid him to shut the water off and dispatch fee
> ($285 check) but we stopped him from doing the
> rest.
>
> as i searched the internet further for their
> reviews - all terrible. then i decided to search
> the BBB, they werent on it, meaning they are NOT
> ACCREDITED. Then to investigate further, i did a
> license check with the county, and nothing came
> out on the governments site. (unless they are
> registered under a different name or some other
> shady thing) - though it was registered in the
> state corp commission to a Leo Habib Bajanni - but
> again, no license.
>
> Feeling alarmed that i was duped, my colleague and
> i called the next day to see if this $200 rate was
> legitimate. as we spoke to their dispatcher, he
> had no idea what the $200 fee was for, and when
> pressed further he got more defensive and
> irritated with us.
>
> Needless to say, i called a few other plumbing
> companies the next day, as it was not as urgent to
> get someone to come immediately, none knew
> anything about the $200 charge and the ranging
> estimate was between $300 - $450.
>
> in summary, save yourself the headache, your
> money, and your dignity from being cheated - and
> go with someone else - these guys will cheat you
> of your money.
>
> AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

LMAO. Bull shit story. Nice try

Posted by: im afraid ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:06AM

lolzzzzz Wrote:
> Matt22 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > HUGE RIP OFF!!! I urge you not to use them. i
> had
> > my water pressure break in the middle of the
> night
> > and they were the fastest ones to come out.
> >
> > When the guy showed up, he immediately asked
> for
> > the 85$ dispatch fee. we gave him a check as we
> > were desperate to shut the water off. he goes
> and
> > checks the water pressure regulator and comes
> back
> > with a 1700$ estimate! his break down was the
> > following:
> >
> > Water pressure regulator: $900 ( $40-70 part)
> > Water on/off valve: $500 ( $25
> > part)
> > Shutting the water off: $200 (something
> > about calling the county)
> > Dispatch fee: $85
> >
> > total w/ tax a little over $1700
> >
> > we paid him to shut the water off and dispatch
> fee
> > ($285 check) but we stopped him from doing the
> > rest.
> >
> > as i searched the internet further for their
> > reviews - all terrible. then i decided to
> search
> > the BBB, they werent on it, meaning they are
> NOT
> > ACCREDITED. Then to investigate further, i did
> a
> > license check with the county, and nothing came
> > out on the governments site. (unless they are
> > registered under a different name or some other
> > shady thing) - though it was registered in the
> > state corp commission to a Leo Habib Bajanni -
> but
> > again, no license.
> >
> > Feeling alarmed that i was duped, my colleague
> and
> > i called the next day to see if this $200 rate
> was
> > legitimate. as we spoke to their dispatcher, he
> > had no idea what the $200 fee was for, and when
> > pressed further he got more defensive and
> > irritated with us.
> >
> > Needless to say, i called a few other plumbing
> > companies the next day, as it was not as urgent
> to
> > get someone to come immediately, none knew
> > anything about the $200 charge and the ranging
> > estimate was between $300 - $450.
> >
> > in summary, save yourself the headache, your
> > money, and your dignity from being cheated -
> and
> > go with someone else - these guys will cheat
> you
> > of your money.
> >
> > AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!
>
>
> LMAO. Bull shit story. Nice try

I am afraid he is telling the truth. Acclaimed does suck big time! STAY FAR AWAY!

Posted by: JuanWilliams ()
Date: October 25, 2012 07:12PM

I used them once and I couldnt understand the guy who showed up.

Posted by: Nolene King ()
Date: March 11, 2013 03:26PM

I am Nolene King, I am the current office manager at Acclaimed Services. I have read and reread ALL of the reviews posted on this site as well as several other sites. While I welcome the positive reviews, I also appreciate the negative reviews. Most of the reviews on this site are from a year or more ago, and I trust that those customer's complaints were taken care by the previous administration person, if not please feel free to call me to see how we can resolve any issues.
As to the statements on here that we are crooks, thieves and such, I'd like to say NO we are not! I won't make excuses and say well the company had a few rouge employees....there is no excuse for poor workmanship, poor customer service and outrageous pricing. No matter what the economical times.
If you have a legitimate complaint as to pricing, workmanship I am happy to discuss it with you and see what we can do to satisfy everyone's wants, if I can not resolve the issue I will most certainly have Leo or Reuben look in to it, and do their best to resolve it. we are not in business to rip people off, we are however in business and like any business we have employees to pay, overhead and every day expenses.

Posted by: CheckBook Fan ()
Date: March 11, 2013 03:55PM

Nolene King Wrote:
> I am Nolene King, I am the current office manager
> at Acclaimed Services. I have read and reread ALL
> of the reviews posted on this site as well as
> several other sites. While I welcome the positive
> reviews, I also appreciate the negative reviews.
> Most of the reviews on this site are from a year
> or more ago, and I trust that those customer's
> complaints were taken care by the previous
> administration person, if not please feel free to
> call me to see how we can resolve any issues.
> As to the statements on here that we are crooks,
> thieves and such, I'd like to say NO we are not! I
> won't make excuses and say well the company had a
> few rouge employees....there is no excuse for poor
> workmanship, poor customer service and outrageous
> pricing. No matter what the economical times.
> If you have a legitimate complaint as to pricing,
> workmanship I am happy to discuss it with you and
> see what we can do to satisfy everyone's wants, if
> I can not resolve the issue I will most certainly
> have Leo or Reuben look in to it, and do their
> best to resolve it. we are not in business to rip
> people off, we are however in business and like
> any business we have employees to pay, overhead
> and every day expenses.

As I have often pointed out, the best resource around is Washington Consumer's Checkbook magazine which you can find at any local bookstore or newsstand. The mag is delivered quarterly but if you subscribe, you get their on-line service, free. You can see which companies are rated high / low. Just like Angies list, but less expensive, plus you get the nice thick mag four times a year.

FWIW, Acclaimed Plumbing gets a horrendous approval rating: 36% of the customers who submitted reviews were pleased with their work. That places them #225 out of #228 plumbers in metro DC. Only JC Flood of MD, JC Flood of DC, and John H. Lange in Arlington were rated lower than Acclaimed.

So while I appreciate Nolene's pleasant note, the facts are what they are.

According to Checkbook, the top rated plumbers doing business in Fairfax County (min 50 ratings) are:

Calabrese (97%) (74 ratings)
Andy Hawkey (97%) (78 ratings)
Andrews (94%) (143 ratings)
Star (90%) (286 ratings)

I've used Star for years and am very happy. "Mark" is the owner and of course, does great work. His two employees are also very good.

Posted by: plumbing4u2 ()
Date: March 12, 2013 08:08AM

>
> According to Checkbook, the top rated plumbers
> doing business in Fairfax County (min 50 ratings)
> are:
>
> Calabrese (97%) (74 ratings)
> Andy Hawkey (97%) (78 ratings)
> Andrews (94%) (143 ratings)
> Star (90%) (286 ratings)
>
> I've used Star for years and am very happy. "Mark"
> is the owner and of course, does great work. His
> two employees are also very good.

The thing about plumbing is that the demand is always high. Even crappy companies like Acclaimed (IMHO) can turn a profit because there are always customers calling day and night. Some people feel that plumbers do not deserve to make 200k per year but you better hope your plumber does if you want quality work. Just one little gas leak on your water heater gas line and you could be history.

Funny how Acclaimed has the "office manager" aka clueless little girl post in the companies defense because the boss does not have the balls or the literacy to defend himself.

Posted by: fucdem2 ()
Date: March 12, 2013 08:16AM

Don't use Micheal and Sons either. How do you think they pay for all those ads and nice mercedes trucks they ride around in? 1/2 the guys that work there aren't even fully trained, they use a LOT of apprentices and guys still in HVAC/plumbing/electrical school to do the actual work- so MANY fuck ups. Not to mention the pushy customer service people who try to sell you on everything and all you wanted was someone to fix your toilet! And if there is a problem after the repair- they wont do shit but stall you with BS and excuses and blaming the manufacturer or anything else unless you do a chargeback on your CC.

The only reason they are popular is because they advertise heavily (like the guy on the back of the truck). If they were based on just their service, I'd give them an F+ (the + is for the plumber guy being cute LOL). He did NOT know what he was doing and they had to call a senior tech in and made a mess of my house!!! Turns out the problem I had could have been solved with $200 on a 2nd opinion after I had already paid M&S well over $700!!!!! SO STAY AWAY!!!

Posted by: X Plumber ()
Date: March 12, 2013 09:04AM

Thats why I call LP Booze Plumbing In Vienna Honest & Not Highway Robery.

Date: March 12, 2013 12:20PM

fucdem2 Wrote:
> Don't use Micheal and Sons either. How do you
> think they pay for all those ads and nice mercedes
> trucks they ride around in? 1/2 the guys that work
> there aren't even fully trained, they use a LOT of
> apprentices and guys still in
> HVAC/plumbing/electrical school to do the actual
> work- so MANY fuck ups. etc etc

Michael and Sons approval rating = 50%

#210 of 228 plumbers in DC Metro .. not much better than Acclaimed

Posted by: Adam at Acclaimed is a thief ()
Date: March 12, 2013 03:22PM

Adam at acclaimed is a thief. He tried to charge me 1600 dollars to change a toilet flange. Read the reviews online about acclaimed and Adam specifically. When I refused to pay he threatened me and started yelling at me in my own house. I called the manager and he was useless. I told them about the bad reviews I found online and then magically within a few weeks there were a ton of good reviews about Adam. I'm sure he didn't post those himself.

Posted by: Word ()
Date: March 12, 2013 03:34PM

I agree - Adam was the unprofessional one.

Date: March 12, 2013 03:45PM

Adam at Acclaimed is a thief Wrote:
> Adam at acclaimed is a thief. He tried to charge
> me 1600 dollars to change a toilet flange. Read
> the reviews online about acclaimed and Adam
> specifically. When I refused to pay he threatened
> me and started yelling at me in my own house. I
> called the manager and he was useless. I told them
> about the bad reviews I found online and then
> magically within a few weeks there were a ton of
> good reviews about Adam. I'm sure he didn't post
> those himself.

Yet another reason to use Washington Consumer's Checkbook Magazine, which unlike on-line review services (such as Yelp) is very difficult to manipulate.

BTW, Mark from Star Plumbing replaced a second floor toilet flange for me last year and also rebuilt the inside of the tank with all new parts (control valve, ball cock, flapper and flush handle) for $180 labor + $25 parts. He was in and out in less than an hour. Of course, some might say the $180 for an hour's worth of labor is expensive. I say, no way. For ~ 10 years I have put faith and trust in Star and have never gone thru any of the nightmares described on this thread. As I mentioned above, Calabrese, Andrews, Ferlo, some others are all top rated.

Stop falling for all those BS ads you see on TV and on the sides of trucks and stick to the best.

Posted by: Acclaimed Sux! ()
Date: March 12, 2013 03:50PM

CheckBook Fan Wrote:
> Adam at Acclaimed is a thief Wrote:
> -----
> > Adam at acclaimed is a thief. He tried to
> charge
> > me 1600 dollars to change a toilet flange. Read
> > the reviews online about acclaimed and Adam
> > specifically. When I refused to pay he
> threatened
> > me and started yelling at me in my own house. I
> > called the manager and he was useless. I told
> them
> > about the bad reviews I found online and then
> > magically within a few weeks there were a ton
> of
> > good reviews about Adam. I'm sure he didn't
> post
> > those himself.
>
>
> Yet another reason to use Washington Consumer's
> Checkbook Magazine, which unlike on-line review
> services (such as Yelp) is very difficult to
> manipulate.
>
> BTW, Mark from Star Plumbing replaced a second
> floor toilet flange for me last year and also
> rebuilt the inside of the tank with all new parts
> (control valve, ball cock, flapper and flush
> handle) for $180 labor + $25 parts. He was in and
> out in less than an hour. Of course, some might
> say the $180 for an hour's worth of labor is
> expensive. I say, no way. For ~ 10 years I have
> put faith and trust in Star and have never gone
> thru any of the nightmares described on this
> thread. As I mentioned above, Calabrese, Andrews,
> Ferlo, some others are all top rated.
>
> Stop falling for all those BS ads you see on TV
> and on the sides of trucks and stick to the best.

Adam is the reason we signed up for Angies list.

Date: March 12, 2013 08:39PM

Opp Wrote:
> Wow, 13 complaints in 10 months with the BBB and a
> C- rating. I just hope no one else calls these
> guys. I learned the hard way that no matter what
> the situation you should always take the time to
> get a second estimate.
>

The BBB sells their endorsement. They're worthless whores.

A California chapter just got booted out because they were selling their ratings.

Posted by: dweb ()
Date: March 12, 2013 09:06PM

Nolene King Wrote:
> I am Nolene King, I am the current office manager
> at Acclaimed Services. I have read and reread ALL
> of the reviews posted on this site as well as
> several other sites. While I welcome the positive
> reviews, I also appreciate the negative reviews.
> Most of the reviews on this site are from a year
> or more ago, and I trust that those customer's
> complaints were taken care by the previous
> administration person, if not please feel free to
> call me to see how we can resolve any issues.
> As to the statements on here that we are crooks,
> thieves and such, I'd like to say NO we are not! I
> won't make excuses and say well the company had a
> few rouge employees
....there is no excuse for poor
> workmanship, poor customer service and outrageous
> pricing. No matter what the economical times.
> If you have a legitimate complaint as to pricing,
> workmanship I am happy to discuss it with you and
> see what we can do to satisfy everyone's wants, if
> I can not resolve the issue I will most certainly
> have Leo or Reuben look in to it, and do their
> best to resolve it. we are not in business to rip
> people off, we are however in business and like
> any business we have employees to pay, overhead
> and every day expenses.

The proper term these days is Native American.

Date: March 12, 2013 11:43PM

Acclaimed Sux! Wrote:>
> Adam is the reason we signed up for Angies list.

People who sign up for Angie's list are making the same mistake they did when they called Acclaimed, My Plumber, FH Furr, etc. They see all the ads and they respond to the ads.

http://supernovamom.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/angies-list-vs-consumers-checkbook/

Posted by: Art22033 ()
Date: April 22, 2013 06:36PM

I agree with some of the customers here...BE CAREFUL with this company.

Today I called Acclaimed Plumbing Service to look at the diswasher plumbing issue...the service call is $25. When the plumber came, before even looking at anything, he asked me to sign an agreement to pay $289.00 for a Diagnosis Fee. The plumber explains that it's like in Doctor's office. It really didn't feel right. To cut my losses, i gave him $25.00 and sent him away. And after that, i went online and checked this company out. I am really happy that i didn't use their service. Although it costs me $25 to learn the lesson.

Date: April 22, 2013 09:41PM

As I said earlier ...

As I have often pointed out, the best resource around is Washington Consumer's Checkbook magazine which you can find at any local bookstore or newsstand. The mag is delivered quarterly but if you subscribe, you get their on-line service, free. You can see which companies are rated high / low. Just like Angies list, but less expensive, plus you get the nice thick mag four times a year.

FWIW, Acclaimed Plumbing gets a horrendous approval rating: 36% of the customers who submitted reviews were pleased with their work. That places them #225 out of #228 plumbers in metro DC. Only JC Flood of MD, JC Flood of DC, and John H. Lange in Arlington were rated lower than Acclaimed.

So while I appreciate Nolene's pleasant note, the facts are what they are.

According to Checkbook, the top rated plumbers doing business in Fairfax County (min 50 ratings) are:

Calabrese (97%) (74 ratings)
Andy Hawkey (97%) (78 ratings)
Andrews (94%) (143 ratings)
Star (90%) (286 ratings)

I've used Star for years and am very happy. "Mark" is the owner and of course, does great work. His two employees are also very good.

Posted by: screwed by acclaimed services ()
Date: August 16, 2013 11:43PM

I was visiting a doctor's office and saw Acclaimed's truck outside and I needed to get a diagnosis of my leaking shower in my bedroom by tomorrow. I called and asked for a diagnosis for a shower leak. Adam came by at 530pm,went to my bedroom asked me to get him a hammer and then he took my hammer to the wall and knocked half the wall open just to find the shower faucet. Then he took the hammer to the shower tile and put holes all over in it saying it was leaking and also to replace the shower too. I told him I need the shower fixed because we are 5 people living here and the other shower is leaking too. He said, "we will do this shower in 3 days, first this one then do the other one." Adam was writing up numbers on a piece of paper and then handed it to me and said," sign here and here" after which I told him I need to get my glasses to see what I am reading and signing and he said," trust me and I will read it to you and then initial here." I believed him and then the bill came to $5689.00 just for calling Acclaimed for a diagnosis on my shower leak for my insurance adjuster to see when she was coming the next day and Adam said, "don't have her come. We will make a nice portfolio with pictures of the water leak and spray some black mold spray prevention and hand this to the adjuster after the bathroom is finished and they will pay you the whole fees since they don't want to investigate and negotiate with plumbers to get the job done and they will pay the price you pay me today."

I gave him 2 credit cards since I have been unemployed for 5 months and had no money to pay the full price. I said to Adam wait a minute,I only need to pay 1/3 down as it says on your contract why are you asking me to pay the whole price when this is a home insurance company payment. Adam said this is not a renovation so I needed to pay the whole amount down now today before he leaves my house to start working on my bathroom leak. I then went to talk to Leo the next day as Adam said to me, " go to the store and select from our tiles in the store." I told Leo that Adam made me pay the full amount although it clearly states payment is 1/3 then 1/3 and finally 1/3.I told him also I was unemployed for 5 months but that did not make his heart open. Leo did not respond to this comment. I guess he allows his employees to wheel and deal illegally and even promotes his staff to run scams with honest individuals. To this day he has not spoken to me or Roger. I did go there but they only had 4x6 or 6x6 white tiles and I needed beige 4x4 tiles. So Leo said," go to Home depot and look there and buy what you like." I got the measurements from Leo at 120 square feet and 30 corner tiles and 2 square corner tiles. I drove to home depot in Fairfax and to Merrifield to see if they had any beige or light brown colors tiles. They did not. So I drove to Lowes and found some bisque colored tiles and purchase the amount I needed. I spent another $235.00.

The next day the tiler finally arrives at 10 am and asks me if I got for him the grout and tile glue. I said I just paid your company almost $6000.00 and had to look everywhere for the tile that you were suppose to supply. I am a nurse not a plumber/tiler. I did you a favor by picking it up and putting it in my house with a broken back all for your convenience. I never heard of such a company in my life. Adam never showed up after he spread his white water and said this spray will prevent the Black Mold from growing. I did not even see any mold and having worked in the health dept I knew all poisonous spray bottles have to have caustic number and label on them to prevent poisonous inhalation or swallowing of chemicals. Adam is suppose to have license for mold detection. I also know he should have taken a tape sample and sent it off for analysis to make sure it was Black Mold and then the wood and surfaces were to be removed or cleansed with soap and water. Adam did none of this. He didn't even know what Black Mold looked like when asked.

Then the next day a man came to tear down my shower tile that which Adam damaged on purpose to make money from me. This fellow did not have any shoe covers, floor covers, stair covers all of which Adam promised me their company provides when they do home repairs. I have a beautiful $1/2 million dollar home and they all trampsed in it like it was the outdoors. Mud on shoes and damaging my front door paint, my ceiling paint, stepped on my front yard plants and my furniture. I had to supply them with my blankets to cover my wooden floors and the tools to take the tile down and unscrew the faucet in the shower. They even asked to use my broom and shovel and outdoor vacuum. They did not even have a tape measure in their pockets. I even had to supply the tiler with a light bulb. Again 5 days went by and no one showed up until the tiler came. I never saw Adam again since he took all of my money and ran. No one in the store Leo and Roger ever spoke to me after I complained about the ugly tiling job that it looked like a third world country handyman job. The grout looked like dirt. So I again went to the Lowes store to purchase some more corner tiles # 16 since my bathtub was never measured properly and it was a 7 footer. So I spent money $35.00 for the correct tile grout color and more tiles, and more caulking since the one used was too brown and did not match. Oh and I forgot the team somehow cracked the paint off of my metal tub under the spout and it had to be fixed. I just am crying and am sleepless to this day after 3.5 weeks and it is still not done for all of the money and problems I have had with this company. The owners and Mike the staff manager won't even talk to me about returning my money since the adjuster estimated the total cost of repairs to be around $1500.00. So what do I do now, just cry and cannot believe such a plumbing company can continue operating like this with women as home owners and no one out there listens to me. I filed a report with my credit companies. The DPOR in VA.Gov, The BBB , the EPA, the CDC, and I will get a TV Channel involved. I have heard that this ADAM belongs in a mental institution and probably was a criminal delinquent how he lies through his teeth and preys on the innocent poor and women. He must hate his mom. I believe Adam should be arrested for his vandalism of my home and I told him I had Wished I had never called this company Acclaimed Services ever in my entire life. I am ruined and angry that this can continue with all of the complaints to the BBB and to the DPOR in VA. Gov and they have Adam still employed because the owners love profit and Adam does it Illegally every time.
I believe No one there even has a legal Plumbers license and when asked they have nothing to show especially Adam since my mom asked him if he had one and he just hung up the phone on her. I can never get a correct detailed line per line estimate of costs from anyone in this management and promises are promised to provide me one but until now I have none. Adam just wrote $3650 and $1389.00 for mold spray which looked like water without the proper labeling on it as poisonous. $242.00 for demolition of dry wall. Inspection of leak $356.00. All of these fees were made up in his head since he didn't list them individually for painting, etc.I can never get the owners to come to my house and look at this third world masterpiece in my beautiful home. I was told by Mike he would look for the same beige tile I had in my bathroom and replace this bisque color to match my bathroom remaining tile and floor but never heard anymore from anyone in this company. They avoid any contact as long as they have all of your money in their pockets and they can sleep soundly at night while single moms like myself have to count each penny to feed my children at the table. It is sad that this Adam can still not be committed to a mental institution as a psychotic individual needing desperate medication to stop his illegal tendencies.

Posted by: asdfasdf1234 ()
Date: August 16, 2013 11:50PM

fucdem2 Wrote:
> Don't use Micheal and Sons either. How do you
> think they pay for all those ads and nice mercedes
> trucks they ride around in? 1/2 the guys that work
> there aren't even fully trained, they use a LOT of
> apprentices and guys still in
> HVAC/plumbing/electrical school to do the actual
> work- so MANY fuck ups. Not to mention the pushy
> customer service people who try to sell you on
> everything and all you wanted was someone to fix
> your toilet! And if there is a problem after the
> repair- they wont do shit but stall you with BS
> and excuses and blaming the manufacturer or
> anything else unless you do a chargeback on your
> CC.
>
> The only reason they are popular is because they
> advertise heavily (like the guy on the back of the
> truck). If they were based on just their service,
> I'd give them an F+ (the + is for the plumber guy
> being cute LOL). He did NOT know what he was
> doing and they had to call a senior tech in and
> made a mess of my house!!! Turns out the problem
> I had could have been solved with $200 on a 2nd
> opinion after I had already paid M&S well over
> $700!!!!! SO STAY AWAY!!!

+1, I too see the $45k Mercedes vans all the time, you just know they have to be making a killing ripping people off. My plumber shows up in a 1997 F150 with an illegal to help him out. He charged me $150 to solder in a new valve for our shower.

Posted by: back in the day ()
Date: August 17, 2013 12:06AM

They used to be Bejjani Plumbing. Nice guys, good work, good prices. When they became Acclaimed, it all went to hell.

You got to watch out for plumbers here. For example, Michael Bennett, he has some major issues (starting with, not even at his listed address at 205 E. Broad Street). Don't confuse him with "Dr." Bennett of The Plumbing Doctor, who is at 1060 W. Broad Street). The Plumbing Doctor charges a little for emergency service, apart from that though they are A-OK.

Posted by: Not a Fan ()
Date: August 18, 2013 10:12PM

You can add these guys to your list. All American Drain Cleaning and Trenchless Tech out of Manassas. John and Ricky... They prey on backed up drains, and their bullshit cameras and water flush dont systems do the job either

Posted by: Rob1911a1 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 04:17PM

Complaint Summary
Complaint Type: Consumer to Business Complaint
Nature of complaint: A failure to honor a contract or agreement
Problem description:
On 3 July 2013, a severe storm blew the flashing off our townhome roof, and we had water leaking in. Our insurance company (Empire Fire and Marine) told us to call someone for an emergency repair. The severity of the problem was such that we had no time to spare; we went 'alphabetically' and called Acclaimed Services, since their Yellow Pages ad stated emergency responses were possible. A man came, went up the ladder, used some 2x4s, a tarp, and nails to cover the hole. He then charge us $1450.00 for the half hours work!!!!!!!! However, as my wife and I both started to exclaim in upset, he explained to us that we would need a new roof, and that the $1450.00 WOULD GO towards the total re-roofing cost; he also put this in writing. However, when I called the business later to talk to the roofer, Mike (last name not clear), he stated that "...the $1450.00 offer should not have been made, and he would not subtract that much from his roofing bid of $5700.00. He said he would take off a 'little', but WOULD NOT SPECIFY how much that was". It could have been nothing, $20.00, or $300.00; the point is, he had no intention, and stated so, of honoring what my wife and I were given both verbally AND in writing on the service form. It was only later, when we looked up Acclaimed Services on the BBB site, that we learned of their poor rating and read many of the negative reviews. We are going with Davis Roofing (A+ BBB rating), whose roofing bid was ~$4000.00 total for the same work! Not only did Acclaimed Services not intend to honor what my wife and I considered a contractual agreement, his bid was almost $1700.00 higher than a reputable roofer. I think "Mike" purposely had no intention of honoring it, since his company had just made a very easy $1450.00. I called Acclaimed Services today (8/19/2013), asking for Nolene King, who had been listed as a company officer manager, and was told "she no longer works here". The phone respondent, who had a heavy accent and whose name I could not obtain, stated that he would have some higher up "call me back". I am not holding out much hope.

Desired Outcome:
Given that when Davis roofing came out and examined our roof and said that the tarp, 2x4s, and work would only be a $150.00 job had Davis Roofing done it, I think we should receive a partial refund. The man who came out and charged us a huge amount for a relatively small repair and told us it would go towards a roofing job may have been sincere (he was in fact a very nice fellow), but "Mike" at Acclaimed Services was, in our opinion, acting fraudulently and was totally a horses patoot, attitude wise, on 7/30/2013 when we communicated and he sent me an email. We would be happy with a partial refund of, say, $725.00, half the amount we were conned into spending. It should be added we were not told in advance that the bill would be $1450.00 for a small repair job, or we would not have done it; we'd have called someone else.

Posted by: anon153 ()
Date: September 27, 2013 01:15AM

I got ripped of by adam and acclaimed years ago. The dude is a criminal. I still don't understand how they get away with this. It's baffling not only that he's not in jail, but he continues to make a living ripping people off like this.

he uses his manipulative ways to get you when you are in a vulnerable position. You'd think their reputation would go down the tubes, and you couldn't sustain a business like this, but somehow they do through paying off people to take down negative reviews, working whatever deals out with BBB, posting fake reviews to google, angies list, etc. etc.

The crazy thing is, he's probably going to read all this and laugh and get a kick out of it. If you met him, you'll know what I mean.

We really need to do something to stop this madness. The local tv new station thing is a good idea. is a class action lawsuit possible? I have no idea.

If someone wants to do something and wants my help get in touch.

Posted by: the plot thickens ()
Date: September 27, 2013 04:01PM

Not an Employee Wrote:
> Employee Wrote:
> -----
> > There is not a person in the company
> > labeled "President".
>
> Are you familiar with these dudes?
>
> Reuben Bejjani, President
> Leo Bejjani, Vice-President, Corporate Sec'y,
> Treasurer
> 7208 Wolf Run Shoals Rd
> Fairfax Station, VA 22039
>
> Or maybe:
>
> Terry C Legum, Registered Agent
> 4004 Williamsburg Ct
> Fairfax, VA 22032
>
> That's what I found when I looked up Acclaimed
> Plumbing in the SCC directory.

Terry Legum is a lawyer-the firm is Legum and Will. Debt collection attorneys, that says it it all.

Go with The Plumbing Doctor-reasonable rates, great service and they stand behind their work.

Posted by: AD SUCKER ()
Date: September 29, 2013 11:00PM

suck: Angies list sucks they rip you off.

we didn't know, being the complaint didn't mention the usual things liek what broke, this wasn't an angie's list ad

Posted by: jorgeglens ()
Date: November 25, 2013 03:04AM

Acclaimed came out for a few plumbing needs I had late last night. They did great work and were out of my house quick. I had them do a whole house plumbing check because there was two of them just in case I needed extra work but everything was clear! Thanks guys.

24 hours emergency Plumbing Services by godynamerican.com

Posted by: sandy ()
Date: July 21, 2014 09:20PM

Acclaimed Services is dreadful. Wish I had read this list first. Am challenging them for the cost of the 10-minute service they provided. Way, way, way too expensive. What a colossal ripoff.

Posted by: aparyingcustomer ()
Date: September 16, 2014 05:13PM

Your company is a fraud and fully stocked of convicted felons. Dont lets these thiefs and want to be thugs in your house.

Posted by: Former Customer ()
Date: October 29, 2014 10:36AM

FYI Currently Adam from Acclaimis out on Bail for attacking a customer. Contact the Fairfax County Prosecutor office and let them know how he has threaten you. Dont let this continue!!!

Posted by: tella ()
Date: April 12, 2015 08:38PM

William Bennett The Plumbing Doctor is a Drunk.

Posted by: m6CVV ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:49PM

just put a pool lining in your basement. pipe busted ? no problem just swim across and fix it

Posted by: George is/34 ()
Date: October 11, 2019 07:16AM

All this talk that Adam is a criminal boa boa boa boa, well let me tell you one thing. Im in the service industry and if someone spoke bad abkut me like this and I knew where they lived, well lol I would be you're worse night mare. You better watch how you talk about other people online. A business is one thing. But to attack a individual is taking it personal. I would be you're worst nightmare if it was me.

Posted by: Fucuuu ()
Date: October 11, 2019 07:29AM

Funny thing is Michael and son hires people they know to call businesses to there houses to give them bad reviews, attempt to shut down the competition, and fuck over businesses. But to personally go after other workers in the company and post bad reviews using there name is asking to get fucked upmthat that particular individual. Just saying. Watchbyoure fuckig mouths. Especially if he knows where you live. And you have a family. Are you sure you want to go after someone individual and not the business?

Posted by: Fuck off stinky bitch ()
Date: October 11, 2019 08:14AM

George is/34 Wrote:
> All this talk that Adam is a criminal boa boa boa
> boa, well let me tell you one thing. Im in the
> service industry and if someone spoke bad abkut me
> like this and I knew where they lived, well lol I
> would be you're worse night mare. You better watch
> how you talk about other people online. A business
> is one thing. But to attack a individual is taking
> it personal. I would be you're worst nightmare if
> it was me.

Shut the fuck up you weak fagget!
So tough, do something then.
You have the double allele deletion niggers in west Baltimore have in their genes.

Posted by: Groidicus Rex ()
Date: October 11, 2019 07:03PM

we wuz kangz

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.