HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Criminal lawyer
Posted by: Accused and worried ()
Date: March 06, 2008 08:38PM

I need a lawyer. I was stopped for speeding, 10 over. I deserved a ticket, I have no problem with that. However, the officer asked to search my truck. I consented. I didn't think I had any reason to worry. I had a shotgun in a rack. In the back seat they found a dollar bill with cocaine residue. It wasn't mine. I don't think anyone has been in my back seat for two weeks. I am sure it belonged to one of two guys.

Even though the law I read said they have to prove it was mine- being in my car is not proof- they charged me with a felony because possession of cocaine and a firearm at the same time is illegal. There is mandatory jail time if convicted. No suspended sentences.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer?

For the people who just want to yell at me- go ahead. I don't use drugs, its my first speeding ticket (I am 23) and I don't let my friends use drugs in my car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Criminal lawyer
Posted by: irritated ()
Date: March 06, 2008 08:41PM

ask to have the dollar fingerprinted.... if your fingers prints arent on it, they cant very well peg you with the crime, right?

Posted by: native ()
Date: March 06, 2008 09:41PM

Wow, time to pick new friends bud. If they havent held the dollar as evidence. Have it finger printed as stated by the poster above. If you get convicted you are screwed big time. If it I honestly wasnt yours then you have nothing to worry about it and just prove that it wasnt yours. Also if you say that you know that it is from one of your two friends then have them finger printed as well. Thats ground for major ass beating in my book, simply because of the trouble you had to go through. If it wasnt yours you dont even have to waste your money on the lawyer as long as you have strong evidence it wasnt yours. WHy did they search your truck to begin with?

Posted by: Lillibit ()
Date: March 06, 2008 09:53PM

Apparently a significant portion of the dollar bills in circulation have drug residue on them. I don't know the percentage, but it's possible that the dollar bills in any of our possession contain drug residue. Whether or not we use drugs. Of course, for most of the FU posters it's their own damn drugs.

I don't think that is enough to charge you. Honestly, how much could the amount be?

Posted by: xbupn ()
Date: March 06, 2008 09:58PM

shotgun?
dollar bills all over the car with coke leftovers?

something doesnt add up here.

Posted by: Kleeke ()
Date: March 06, 2008 10:05PM

Lillibit, wow, I think I'll start snorting all my money.

Posted by: Accused and worried ()
Date: March 07, 2008 09:33AM

xbupn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shotgun?
> dollar bills all over the car with coke
> leftovers?
>
> something doesnt add up here.

There was one dollar bill, not plural. I am not the only person in Fairfax who carries a rifle of some sort. I admit it, I am somewhat of a redneck. It was in a gun rack.

I don't know why they asked to search the car, but I let them since I had no idea there was anything there. For some reason, they either believe it was mine or want me to believe it. They pressured me for my "source". I don't have a source.

The dollar bill was rolled up and in a baggie. It was obvious even to me what it was when they found it. I am already charged and have a preliminary hearing in a few weeks. I already spent one night in jail because they initially denied bond until the next day.

For you nonbelievers, I really did not do anything. There was no basis for the search, but I consented. There is a minimum mandatory prison time if convicted. Does anyone have any good lawyer suggestions?

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 07, 2008 09:34AM

You have a future in the big house. Your biggest decision is not a lawyer but whether you will pitch or catch.

Posted by: Lillibit ()
Date: March 07, 2008 09:47AM

The best criminal/defense lawyer in this area is Peter Greenspun. Might be expensive but the little dude knows what he's doing.

Posted by: native ()
Date: March 07, 2008 10:10AM

I don't know why but I really believe that he is innocent. That's a first for FU. I would start going through the yellow book if I were you and then would try to read up on the lawyers online: reviews, work history, cases done by them..... I would take that shotgun if I were you and would go after the two you think owns the dollar and beat their ass until they confess. You should have just mentioned both of their names when they asked for the "source". Seriously try to consider getting the info from one of the two morons that possibly left the dollar bill in your truck. Also you can go down to the police station and see if they can give you a polygraph test, that might get you off the hook cheaper.

Posted by: MIDAS ()
Date: March 09, 2008 09:55AM

Demetry Pikrallidas (sp)in Fairfax is tough. He represented a good buddy not too long ago. He never stopped swinging. I think he is origianlly from NY and does not put up with the bs in these cases.

267-9500

Posted by: rec ()
Date: March 09, 2008 10:57AM

dave albo in springfield

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: March 10, 2008 10:29PM

In the future do not consent to searches. Even if you have nothign to hide. no reason to allow the police in, even if you werent doing anything, for just this reason.

Posted by: clipse ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:25AM

I hope that this is a joke.. I cant beleive or see that sticking in court ever... there are alot of loopholes here. Is this a joke. Also the shotgun is legal right??? your twenty three.. i dont think they can charge u eith possesion. LIke the guy said earlier a large majority of bills have residue on them.. umm any lawyer would love to take this case and your money cause it sounds like an easy win.. if all u said is actually true

Posted by: slandered ()
Date: March 11, 2008 09:27PM

Don't worry about it... A GOOD attorney should be able to get this dismissed.

You should worry that even if you are acquitted Cary's little script will still display to the world when/where/why you were arrested.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.