HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dog Crapping in our Yard
Posted by: fashisaz ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:28PM

I live in a townhouse community, and someone's damn dog keeps crapping in our yard.
It's always be in the same spot, between my neighbor's house and I.
Every single day, I keep watch (living room window faces the yard) and I can't figure out when it happens?! I'm up late some nights, and up early at times, but I can't figure out who's letting their dog crap here.
I'd love to have them fined.
What can I do about this.
It's happened so many times, I'm just tired of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dog Crapping in our Yard
Posted by: have to find out first ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:31PM

If you know who it is you can talk to them about it and if it doesnt work you can complain to the HOA.

Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:36PM

boo hoo

Posted by: fashisaz ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:37PM

Thing is, I just can't figure out who it is
UGH.

Posted by: MS-14 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:59PM

You live in a townhouse? How big can your yard be? Observe your yard frequently and establish the pattern then, setup a camera and then take care of that, mang!

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:12PM

Go to Dick's and buy a motion camera used on trails to snap pic's of prospective deer meat in the freezer.

Posted by: LargeMarge ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:15PM

If it's where I think.

It's the fat lady with the end townhouse. She's to fucking lazy to walk her dog. She just opens the door and lets the run all over.

Posted by: skav ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:20PM

Put up one of those small wire fences that stick up out of the ground 12"-18" inches and segregate the area...Or... Get a small, universal dont let your dog crap here sign, squating dog with the diagonal line through it, and install it in the area, security cam or directional security light, or keep staking the place out, eventually you will catch the person.

But my question is...how many people with dogs are walking by your townhouse during any given day? Certainly you must have narrowed it down in your head to a few candidates. Generally, those folks walking with an obvious dung bag around a leash will bend over and pick up the crap. I would say, it's gotta be a night-time offender.

Letting a dog shit in the same place..and never picking it up...that's one lazy, disrespectful Mfer

Posted by: Could be a fox! ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:58PM

Just say'in. Cause it happens here all the time. Coyote too. TH complex , yes....From Ffx, near gov cent.

Posted by: Ridin HARD ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:16PM

It's not a dog, just a member of the WNC who was caught short on the way home from Kilroys. Did you hear a motorcycle?

Posted by: Get off my Lawn ()
Date: January 29, 2012 08:34PM

Try putting a dollop of peanut butter on the next pile of poop that Fifi leaves for you, the next time Fifi comes out to do his thing he will find that peanut butter covered poop irrestible.

Then the fun really begins.

Posted by: Bud Hoal... ()
Date: January 29, 2012 09:04PM

You certainly don't want to hurt the dog, but it would be fun attacking the owner's peace of mind. Make a few flyers-enough to make it look like you are engaged in an act of public good for all of your "fellow dog owners" in the neighborhood. The flyer should state that someone is deliberately leaving bowls of anti-freeze out in a common area in an effort to poison unleashed dogs. Make mention that your dog almost drank some but you were able to intervene. Explain further that the idea has caught on and that it is more than just one person. Upon distribution, make sure to blanket the area where the suspected mark resides with her pooch.

Posted by: Who Dat? ()
Date: January 29, 2012 09:21PM

OP, are you in Springfield? Last week or so I was walking with my family around the neighbor hood and on the front lawn of a townhouse, the owner had put a white plastic bag tacked to a tree in the front lawn with the word "POOP" on it and a sign below it that said "You forgot your Poop!"

Funniest thing I've seen in a while. Just wondering if you're that guy. If so, that's pretty awesome.

Posted by: Effective Solution ()
Date: January 29, 2012 09:21PM

Get off my Lawn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try putting a dollop of peanut butter on the next
> pile of poop that Fifi leaves for you, the next
> time Fifi comes out to do his thing he will find
> that peanut butter covered poop irrestible.
>
> Then the fun really begins.

Mix in some Ex-Lax. And let's hope that the dog is snuggled close to the owner in bed at 2:00am when it kicks in.

Posted by: services for rent ()
Date: January 29, 2012 09:33PM

Give the job to WTL. He is on here all day and night so he would have plenty of time to watch for dogs crapping in your yard.
He will not only find the guilty party but let Obama take credit and blame Bush for allowing it to happen in the first place.

Posted by: y not ()
Date: January 29, 2012 09:36PM

I'd leave tons of "treats" in the yard for the unattended poochie to nibble on...keep him out there for a while and you may just catch the dog. Try dog food or cat food. Or the pb covered poop. Or window washer fluid or chocolate - just kidding.

OR, post a sign that you have treated your yard with fertilizer and are not responsible for pets ingesting these chemicals.

Damn dog owners simply do not care about their dogs...if you opne yourdoor and let your fog out unleashed, I guess you are assuming that it won't eat anything poisonous and or get hit by a car.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: January 29, 2012 09:44PM

The laxative idea is certainly doable but I don't think it will accomplish much of anything. The OP might get some satisfaction knowing that said dog owner will probably have to clean up shit all over the house, but will never know for sure. And the owner will not be able to make the connection of: I let my dog shit in people's yards--this is payback. Plus the owners might freak out and punish the poor animal.

Posted by: gg ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:14AM

Talk to your neighbors and get the word out that this is occurring to see if anyone may know who it is. I also like the staple bag with sign on tree. Don't do anything extreme or pull anyor fear tactics as dogs are like children to most people and would only cause more problems. Or maybe film with your computer?

Posted by: Security Cam ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:45AM

gg Wrote:
> Talk to your neighbors and get the word out that
> this is occurring to see if anyone may know who it
> is. I also like the staple bag with sign on tree.
> Don't do anything extreme or pull anyor fear
> tactics as dogs are like children to most people
> and would only cause more problems. Or maybe film
> with your computer?

Agreed. Time to buy a cheap security camera. You catch the dog and also have your property protected for future events. If the dog crapping continues you can post the pics of the dog on a flyer.

Posted by: bobafeet ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:49AM

you sure its not a squatch dropping? those things move like ghosts...

Posted by: HOAd ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:50AM

Take a shit in your neighbors yard. Paybacks are Hell.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 30, 2012 12:06PM

HOAd Wrote:
> Take a shit in your neighbors yard. Paybacks are
> Hell.

Best suggestion yet. Be sure to ingest plenty of corn and peanuts.

Posted by: alh ()
Date: January 30, 2012 12:36PM

I think the game trail camera is the best suggestion. You'll also need an SD card for the trail camera, a small padlock to lock the access panel door to prevent theft of the SD card containing the pictures, as well as a length of chain and another padlock to chain the trail camera to a tree or nearby fixed object so someone doesn't walk off with it. If you get one, make sure it has infrared as well for night time. You'll have to get creative to make sure the camera isn't easy to notice, you don't want it sticking out like a sore thumb. In the winter with no foilage around, that can be tough.

Posted by: Foxy ()
Date: January 30, 2012 02:15PM

We had a dog that kept pooping in our driveway; it turned out to be a fox not a dog.

Posted by: Shit ()
Date: January 31, 2012 04:51PM

I'm sure it's some asshole wallking their dog under the cover of darkness. It's astounding how many ignorant people in NOVA do not curb their dogs. They see your lawn, stop, sniff and shit. Bam! Somehow that's OK in these people's minds. If everyone who ever had their lawn defecated on by a dog being "walked" and then followed the perp home and left a crap load on their lawns perhaps we could finally put an end to this douchbaggery

Posted by: K. Lepto ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:31PM

Why don't you ask the FCPD to do some surveillance with a helicopter to catch the pooper? Are you sure it's poop from a dog? Perhaps it's human poop? How can you be sure?

Posted by: alh ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:48PM

Sorry, I just can't resist...

Posted by: Dick Army ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:58PM

Put landmines on your lawn

Posted by: tragic ()
Date: February 01, 2012 06:09PM

Is a little dog poop that tragic

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 01, 2012 07:56PM

Could be a fox! Wrote:
> Just say'in. Cause it happens here all the time.
> Coyote too. TH complex , yes....From Ffx, near
> gov cent.

Truth be told, I've also seen the same in my yard. Usually you can tell the difference between the droppings, except Fox and Raccoons feces can appear like smaller dogs.

As for a neighbor's dog, it's against the law for them to leave the droppings anywhere outside of their own property. If you can, get some video/photo evidence, then confront them. If they still don't listen, then file a police report. I have some jackass neighbors like that who let their dogs crap everywhere but their own yard, and one time an owner even kicked her dog's crap from the sidewalk into my yard.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: arrorgant kenyan 2012 ()
Date: February 01, 2012 08:13PM

Prestone him

Posted by: Antifreeze Proponent ()
Date: February 01, 2012 08:15PM

tragic Wrote:
> Is a little dog poop that tragic

Is it too much to ask that people be responsible for their pets rather than think it's ok to leave piles of shit on someone else's property?

Posted by: Shit ()
Date: February 02, 2012 06:15AM

tragic Wrote:
> Is a little dog poop that tragic
Typical response of douchbag dog walkers

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: February 02, 2012 08:33AM

I'm guessing that it isn't a dog. More likely a deer or fox or some other wildlife.

Posted by: we have real issues ()
Date: February 02, 2012 09:42PM

Tge world has real problems people
Recycle tgevpoop

Posted by: bow wow ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:38PM

Did this get resolved

Posted by: Papa ()
Date: June 21, 2013 07:28PM

ALL feces (human and animal) contain parasites that can KILL people and animals! Almost all deseases are linked in some way to parasitical infections, SO YES YOU EMPTY HEADED RETARD, IT IS THAT BAD!! Our years are being transformed over time into a parasite breeding ground by morons (like YOU) who think it's no big deal! If you have pets in your home YOU HAVE PARASITES! They have been infecting man for EVER and inoccent people and children (like my five children who love to play in our beautiful front yard) do NOT deserve it! So if I could prove that your infectious crap is causing a DEATH in the future of one or more of my children I SHOULD put a bullet in your head for SHITTING your parasite ridden, filthy animal in my yard! GET EDUCATED!!

Posted by: Go get life now ()
Date: June 21, 2013 08:42PM

Please get a life

Posted by: Goldy ()
Date: June 21, 2013 09:14PM

Papa Wrote:
> ALL feces (human and animal) contain parasites
> that can KILL people and animals! Almost all
> deseases are linked in some way to parasitical
> infections, SO YES YOU EMPTY HEADED RETARD, IT IS
> THAT BAD!! Our years are being transformed over
> time into a parasite breeding ground by morons
> (like YOU) who think it's no big deal! If you
> have pets in your home YOU HAVE PARASITES! They
> have been infecting man for EVER and inoccent
> people and children (like my five children who
> love to play in our beautiful front yard) do NOT
> deserve it! So if I could prove that your
> infectious crap is causing a DEATH in the future
> of one or more of my children I SHOULD put a
> bullet in your head for SHITTING your parasite
> ridden, filthy animal in my yard! GET EDUCATED!!

How about goldfish?

Posted by: Fairfax Boy ()
Date: June 21, 2013 10:40PM

With all of the time you are spending on this dog shit issue - Do you still take time to fuck your wife?

Posted by: asdfasdfasdf ()
Date: June 24, 2013 07:59AM

Here, I found this online and these suggestions seem to work...

http://www.wikihow.com/Discourage-Dogs-from-Pooping-in-Your-Garden

Posted by: BoneHead ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:38AM

are you sure it's not your pathetic wife crapping in the yard?

Posted by: Fred syrup pooper scooper ()
Date: April 17, 2017 07:23PM

Just put maple syrup on the landmines it's easy and it cleans your yard peanut butter works well but maple syrup is fast and easy dogs cats all animals will keep you lawn free of messes you don't need

Posted by: wKXpV ()
Date: April 19, 2017 02:45AM

I had the same problem. I tried my best to catch the culprit, and then was going to follow them home to see which condo /town house they returned to. My final act of vengeance would be to gather a bucket of their doggy doo doo and take it down there and throw it all on their front porch one night. The boomerang trick.

I finally lucked out one day while outside in the garden. It turned out to be a little boy who was tasked with taking their beautiful lab out for its daily walks, and it always loved to choose our back yard as its preferred latrine. Caught in the act!

I then just had a chat with the little kid and informed him he had to comply with the local law and carry a plastic bag to put the turds in, then throw them in the trash at home after the walk was over. Issue taken care of.

Posted by: Blimmo ()
Date: April 19, 2017 10:07AM

BEH Wrote:
> HOAd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Take a shit in your neighbors yard. Paybacks
> are
> > Hell.
>
> Best suggestion yet. Be sure to ingest plenty of
> corn and peanuts.

Actually, Taco Bell makes for messier shits and they smell much worse.

Posted by: Get Results ()
Date: April 19, 2017 10:23AM

asdfasdfasdf Wrote:
> Here, I found this online and these suggestions
> seem to work...
>
> http://www.wikihow.com/Discourage-Dogs-from-Poopin
> g-in-Your-Garden

I set up a pair of WWII Surplus .50 cal water cooled machine guns. They are activated via a motion detector, and a computerized feature directs fire with a heat seeking control mode.

Tracer rounds make a wonderful display during night time usage.

Posted by: annon703 ()
Date: April 19, 2017 11:18AM

Posted by: annon703 ()
Date: April 19, 2017 11:36AM

Posted by: PoliceAnControl ()
Date: April 19, 2017 12:34PM

There are criminal and civil penalties - trespass and health code - some people need to be taught the hard way -- let a magistrate educate them (and they get a criminal misdemeanor on their record - seriously - ). Counties are dealing more aggressively with lazy and irresponsible dog owners -- noise, pooping (whether its picked up or not). Call your local police for info. It's becoming a common complaint.

Posted by: simple solutions for simple prob ()
Date: April 19, 2017 01:40PM

Moth balls.

Posted by: PoopPatrol ()
Date: April 19, 2017 01:47PM

simple solutions for simple prob Wrote:
> Moth balls.

Moth balls dont solve for dogs on a long leash. I stupidly have been giving people benefit of the doubt, but by these comments and other posts I see its done on purpose. Rude. Bring them to court. You cant reason with them.

Posted by: willie makeit ()
Date: June 08, 2017 11:28AM

What division? I used to take train home to burke centre and the sometimes i couldn't resist the hotdogs in front of OPM building and they would get me every time. Usually I could make it to the port potty by the little field but one time I ran off the train and as I got closer to the aorta potty ... I rolled the dice and won because it was a long and loud fart. It had the aroma of a trash truck on a hot day sprinkled with buffalo sauce.

Anyway, I thought I was out of the woods but by the time I got up into the town home area, I got a massive rumble and because I was wearing a new suit, I dropped my pants and shit on this poor couples lawn. Unfortunately for them, the Havanna Omelette I left was a good 2ft by 3 ft pile of poop.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.