HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Classic Subs
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:19PM

Fuck the Saab's, let's post links to local restaurant menus, places that serve what you consider to be "classic subs".

First post is The Italian Store in Arlington:

http://italianstore.com/subs.html

All selections are great, especially the Milano- get the hard roll.

Let's see some menu's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Classic Subs
Posted by: native ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:31PM

lol, what an asshole.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: March 03, 2008 11:34PM

I go to a little hole-in-the-wall joint I found called "Subway" at the strip mall near George Mason HS in Falls Church. It has charming yellow decor and reasonably priced submarine sandwiches. The spicy italian is my favorite.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: March 04, 2008 12:58AM

I like Elie's Delie at University mall, Wegman's and the Teriyaki deli on rt. 236 and rt. 50 near the American Spanish grocery store. It's on the corner of Maple st. in Fairfax city where I got my only traffic ticket for not coming to a complete stop. I wish I could say Subway but all I can think of is that fat, dorky Jarrod guy who has been advertising for them all these years.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 04, 2008 01:10AM

TRICKIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's on the
> corner of Maple st. in Fairfax city where I got my
> only traffic ticket for not coming to a complete
> stop.

ha! total classic! fairfax city cops have two pathetic square miles which they guard like sharks. yet another reason to never go into fairfax city. the only good thing in fairfax city is the road to get out of fairfax city.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: March 04, 2008 06:00AM

Eastsider Wrote:
>>I go to a little hole-in-the-wall joint I found called "Subway" at the strip mall near George Mason HS in Falls Church.

There's also one right up the street behind Idylwood Plaza. It's in a little building that used to be a drive thru bank, it's the only time I've ever seen a Subway located in its own a stand-along building. There's also a Jerry's in Idylwood plaza, which means you can really kill 2 birds with one stone... with one convenient visit you can sample some of the worst food this county has to offer.

The only good sub place around Tysons is the 2nd place on my list...Listrani's in downtown Mclean.

http://www.listranis.com/mcleanspecials.html

Great stuff. (stay away from their pizza though).

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: March 04, 2008 06:16AM

That is my go-to Jerry's. I love those fries.

And whatever happened to Boardwalk Fries? They used to have a store in the Ballston Commons food court, but that disappeared maybe 10 years ago. The Frank & Stein there was great too.

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: March 04, 2008 06:37AM

Only Gravis could turn a thread about a sandwich into an anti-police diatribe.

I'm sorry you got turned down a couple times from local police departments, but keep trying. Keep your head up, little mister. You might make it someday.

Date: March 04, 2008 08:19AM

Eastsider Wrote:
>> That is my go-to Jerry's. I love those fries.

You're right, the fries at Jerry's are pretty good. I like those.

The next time someone posts an off-topic post about fixing a car, I will reverse-parody the thread into a "classic fries" thread, where we can discuss good places to get french fries in NoVA. I will also be sure to incorporate the elements needed to generate anti-police rhetoric from other regular posters.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 04, 2008 09:24AM

I was going overboard on the Wegmans subs for awhile but have cut back. Can't beat the price and the bread is pretty decent.
Jimmy's Pizza in the hell hole known as Sterling Park has decent hot subs.

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: March 04, 2008 09:44AM

Mama Lucia (sp?) in Fair City Mall. Best Steak and Cheese ever.

Posted by: mARIO ()
Date: March 04, 2008 10:01AM

MARIOS IN ARLINGTON!! ESPECIALLY DRUNK!!!

Posted by: ROMEO ()
Date: March 04, 2008 10:03AM

A lil spot off of wisconsin ave up frpm gtown calle Romeo and Juliets,, very good steak sandwiichh

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: March 04, 2008 10:41AM

Actually, Gravis is correct. Those Fairfax City cops patrol those little side streets like sharks. I see them there every day. However, Fairfax City is a very safe place to live due to all the police. I also like the fact that no where in Fairfax City is the speed limit over 35 MPH. We don't have as many speeders like in some areas. Plus those police officers are very nice.

I do not hold them accountable because I got my one and only ticket that cost me $91 but I always come to a complete stop now.

Trickie

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: March 04, 2008 11:19AM

the only good thing in fairfax city is the road to get out of fairfax city.

That's debatable too--the roads usually have crazy speed humps,stop signs,turn restrictions or poorly-timed signals. LOL

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.