HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Underglow.. ect...
Posted by: billjoejack ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:38PM

hey guys i know underglow is illegal in VA but i was wondering are these things that you screw onto the air thing on your tire that lights up your whole tire when you are moving illegal. Can anybody find me the specific law for this... Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Underglow.. ect...
Posted by: native ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:44PM

Just one question,WHY? why the hell would you want your wheels light up. If you want to invest into your car invest in qualify aftermarket parts , not advanced auto parts discounted bin

Posted by: SE ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:49PM

HAHAHAH! GHEY!

Posted by: native ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:54PM

please do not forget the bullet hole decals and "fear this" as I think those are still legal. Dont forget the chrome hub caps and purple tint, the cheaper the better and my personal favorite--- the biggest exhaust tip you can find with 8 inch screws that stick out to hold it in place.

Posted by: . ()
Date: March 02, 2008 08:18PM

Try these on for size and then prepare to be stopped and ticketed. Have fun:

§ 46.2-1020. Other permissible lights.

Any motor vehicle may be equipped with fog lights, not more than two of which can be illuminated at any time, one or two auxiliary driving lights if so equipped by the manufacturer, two daytime running lights, two side lights of not more than six candlepower, an interior light or lights of not more than 15 candlepower each, and signal lights.

The provision of this section limiting interior lights to no more than 15 candlepower shall not apply to (i) alternating, blinking, or flashing colored emergency lights mounted inside law-enforcement motor vehicles which may otherwise legally be equipped with such colored emergency lights, or (ii) flashing shielded red or red and white lights, authorized under § 46.2-1024, mounted inside vehicles owned or used by (a) members of volunteer fire companies or volunteer rescue squads, (b) professional fire fighters, or (c) police chaplains. A vehicle equipped with lighting devices as authorized in this section shall be operated by a police chaplain only if he has successfully completed a course of training in the safe operation of a motor vehicle under emergency conditions and a certificate attesting to such successful completion, signed by the course instructor, is carried at all times in the vehicle when operated by the police chaplain to whom the certificate applies.

Unless such lighting device is both covered and unlit, no motor vehicle which is equipped with any lighting device other than lights required or permitted in this article, required or approved by the Superintendent, or required by the federal Department of Transportation shall be operated on any highway in the Commonwealth. Nothing in this section shall permit any vehicle, not otherwise authorized, to be equipped with colored emergency lights, whether blinking or steady-burning.

----------------------

§ 46.2-1002. Illegal possession or sale of certain unapproved equipment.

It shall be unlawful for any person to possess with intent to sell or offer for sale, either separately or as a part of the equipment of a motor vehicle, or to use or have as equipment on a motor vehicle operated on a highway any lighting device, warning device, signal device, safety glass, or other equipment for which approval is required by any provision of this chapter or any part or parts tending to change or alter the operation of such device, glass, or other equipment unless of a type that has been submitted to and approved by the Superintendent or meets or exceeds the standards and specifications of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American National Standards Institute, Incorporated or the federal Department of Transportation.

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: March 03, 2008 11:47AM

lol tire flies.

Posted by: Seanjohn ()
Date: March 03, 2008 01:58PM

if you have to ask then it prob not legal.

Stop watching fast and furious. Its just a movie! sigh

Im gonna hate it when the new one comes out.

Yes, they are making another one that connects the 2 installment to the 3rd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2008 01:58PM by Seanjohn.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: March 03, 2008 03:05PM

:(

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: March 03, 2008 03:26PM

Save your money and get a sick paint job. Perfectly legal.
Attachments:
custom-029.jpg

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 03, 2008 08:57PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Save your money and get a sick paint job.
> Perfectly legal.

why do that when you can put flames on the front of your minivan and call it fire frog?!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
ffvan07.jpg

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 04, 2008 09:35AM

overglow
Attachments:
fearthis.jpg

Posted by: poser ()
Date: March 04, 2008 03:27PM

man... if i had a nickel for every korean teenager I saw with $2000 used Honda Civics and $20,000 worth of upgrades done to them.....

Posted by: BKLN ()
Date: March 04, 2008 04:03PM

poser Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://imageserver.carsoup.com/1HGEM/1HGEM1159YL04
> 6397-1.jpg
>
> man... if i had a nickel for every korean teenager
> I saw with $2000 used Honda Civics and $20,000
> worth of upgrades done to them.....

...you'd have enough change to buy some sweet-ass tire lights. Or whatever they're calling 'em.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.