HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fatal crash on I-95 yesterday
Posted by: :> ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:16PM

Hello, I was wondering if there is any sort of news coverage relating to an incident that I personally witnessed this saturday off of I-95.

I was driving along near the Springfield exit, when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A car in the leftmost lane of the interstate (I was in the rightmost lane,) lost control, and smashed into the divider going about 80 Mph. The front end of the car, upon impact, looked like it had exploded; sharpnl was flying everywhere, and the bumper just flew off. The car started doing donuts and then finally came to a stop, where it sat like a can that had just been stepped on. The horn was blaring as I went past it as well, and I figured that the person was either knocked out or dead.

It was a horrendous accident, and I was wondering if anybody else saw it or knows anything about it. I understand that it is a sunday and most news places don't update, but I am very eager to find out more about this.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fatal crash on I-95 yesterday
Posted by: native ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:20PM

"The horn was blaring as I went past it as well, and I figured that the person was either knocked out or dead."

So knowing or thinking that the person is either knocked out or dead you just kept on driving? You are THE definition of an asshole.

Date: March 02, 2008 07:25PM

I just love it when people get into a bad accident and most people just hurry up and drive around it as nothing happened. I mean your busy life is just so much more important then anyone elsos, however should that person get into an accident they will bitch and complain and tell the world how people wouldnt help them. Its called karma bitch, help others and the favor will come around.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:39PM

:> Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>as I went past it

Are you kidding?????

Date: March 02, 2008 07:50PM

We all like to think and say how patriotic we are and how we come together in the time of need. bla blah blah but when it actually comes down to it most people wont even help you should be stranded or need help, let alone hurt or at risk. WHAT CAN POSSIBLY BE SO IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU CANT PULL OVER AND HELP AN INJURED PERSON?????
If you are late for work I am sure you boss will understand and will probably be impressed that you helped a person in need. I have a tool box and 4x4 truck. I always pull over to help anyone. what a prick

Posted by: :> ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:57PM

So I was supposed to get out of my car in the right lane of an intersection and run all the way across it dodging cars going 70 some odd Mph?

I was going too fast to stop and slam on my breaks too, I could have been in an accident as well if I has just stopped right there. Plus, I was going pretty fast, I wasn't able to react fast enough to look behind me, slam on my breaks, and run through an intersection.

Honestly, if I was in the left lane, I would have got out and helped this person. I just didn't feel like running through traffic and running the risk of getting hit by another driver who was probably rubbernecking at the time.

Date: March 02, 2008 08:00PM

Ummm no, you were supposed to get over to the left lane ASAP, then there is this thing called reverse. If you wanted to help, you could have. You're just making excuses. And basically you want to find the news story on it to see if the person died. If they did, you are going to hell son!!

Date: March 02, 2008 08:01PM

You are a pathetic exuse for a human being. Sure let him just bleed to death while you are on your marry way because you were to lazy to get out of the car, sure you did the right thing.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 02, 2008 08:12PM

jeez i think everyone's being a little too rough on the original poster. on highways, it's often MORE dangerous to EVERYONE if people try to slam on their breaks, go in reverse, etc. one of the best things someone can do is pull over and call 911.

can you imagine trying to reverse on 95 with people going 75+mph swerving to avoid the original crash..that's a recipe for disaster.

Date: March 02, 2008 08:16PM

i think the previous poster and original poster are the same asshole.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 02, 2008 08:16PM

native Wrote:
> We all like to think and say how patriotic we are
> and how we come together in the time of need. bla
> blah blah but when it actually comes down to it
> most people wont even help you should be stranded
> or need help, let alone hurt or at risk. WHAT CAN
> POSSIBLY BE SO IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU
> CANT PULL OVER AND HELP AN INJURED PERSON?????
> If you are late for work I am sure you boss will
> understand and will probably be impressed that you
> helped a person in need. I have a tool box and 4x4
> truck. I always pull over to help anyone. what a
> prick

please explain to me how your tool box and 4x4 truck are going to help in this accident. you probably need a little more than a screwdriver.

Date: March 02, 2008 08:21PM

Oh I dont know, you can pull the car out of the ditch. If you can safely remove the person from the car and put them to safety you can chain the car and pull it into safe zone so others dont crash.......do I need to go on.
Oh wait I forgot you are just supposed to keep on driving and do NOTHING. How can I beat that logic?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 02, 2008 09:28PM

SE Wrote:
> Ummm no, you were supposed to get over to the left
> lane ASAP, then there is this thing called
> reverse. If you wanted to help, you could have.
> You're just making excuses. And basically you
> want to find the news story on it to see if the
> person died. If they did, you are going to hell
> son!!

you of all people should not be telling people they are going to hell, unless of course you planning a meet up with them. as i recall, you said you would give me your name and address, im still waiting for you to post them.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: March 03, 2008 09:00AM

> So I was supposed to get out of my car in the
> right lane of an intersection and run all the way
> across it dodging cars going 70 some odd Mph?
>
> I was going too fast to stop and slam on my breaks
> too, I could have been in an accident as well if I
> has just stopped right there. Plus, I was going
> pretty fast, I wasn't able to react fast enough to
> look behind me, slam on my breaks, and run through
> an intersection.
>
> Honestly, if I was in the left lane, I would have
> got out and helped this person. I just didn't feel
> like running through traffic and running the risk
> of getting hit by another driver who was probably
> rubbernecking at the time.

No, but I believe it's the law to stop if you are ever a witness to an accident. You should have pulled over and called the police, or at least called the police to report the accident.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 03, 2008 09:40AM

Pull over where? The only way to safely make a phone call on a Sunday in that area is to get on an exit ramp and park at the first available shopping center. Other posters are right... pulling over at speed would have put the driver half a mile away anyway. Slamming on the brakes would have caused a ten-mile backup with the resulting pileup.

Posted by: Harry Beaver ()
Date: March 03, 2008 09:42AM

Rescue workers would not advice you to pull anyone from a crashed car anyways.

if you move someone who is injured in a wrong way - they could get paralyzed for life...

But a phone call to 911 would be ideal.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:15AM

> So I was supposed to get out of my car in the
> right lane of an intersection and run all the way
> across it dodging cars going 70 some odd Mph?
>

So you called 911 then?

Date: March 03, 2008 10:21AM

I have witnessed accidents that I have pulled over for and I have witnessed accidents that I haven't pulled over for. It depends on where your car is in relation to the accident, traffic, etc, and how reasonable it would be to get to it. It would have been nice if the poster would have pulled over to at least see if someone else was responding, though.

That said, I pretty much always call 911 to report an accident like this. You can't assume somebody else is doing it.

Date: March 03, 2008 11:10AM

It really sickens me to read "pgens" say the only safe way to pull over ect ect. When you drive 90 mph switching lanes like you just escaped jail talking to your buddies on the phone but to help an injured person all of the sudden you want to talk about safety. YOu really make me seek.

Date: March 03, 2008 11:11AM

Question for the original poster:

how doyou know the acccident was FATAL?

Date: March 03, 2008 11:41AM

native Wrote:
> It really sickens me to read "pgens" say the only
> safe way to pull over ect ect. When you drive 90
> mph switching lanes like you just escaped jail
> talking to your buddies on the phone but to help
> an injured person all of the sudden you want to
> talk about safety. YOu really make me seek.
Attachments:
seik.jpg

Date: March 03, 2008 11:58AM

SIKH

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 03, 2008 12:17PM

SIKH AND DESTROY!!

Date: March 03, 2008 12:31PM

ahh I am not even going to try to justify my spelling

Date: March 03, 2008 12:35PM

I am surprised Gravis didn't jump at the opportunity. I.T. department must be busy today

Date: March 03, 2008 01:06PM

native Wrote:
> I am surprised Gravis didn't jump at the
> opportunity. I.T. department must be busy today

A bus pulled up to the drive-thru window.

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: March 03, 2008 05:20PM

I'm backing up the orginal poster. The only way i could see stoping for an accident on I-95 would be if I saw it happen in front of me.. Not from behind. It's far too dangerous for cars to be pulling in reverse and stoping along 95..

As for the orginal poster not stoping.. You idots, It's 95 not some back hick country road,

Date: March 03, 2008 05:38PM

Ok, if such an accident would occur traffic would slow down to a crawl therefore giving an opportunity for one to stop and help. If you see a car spinning your first reaction would be to stomp the brakes. Opportunity to help is always there no matter what the circumstances are. It is one's choise to drive by and stare or to stop and help. When people see a fender bender everyones cuts their speed by half to stare and see what happens , let alone if the accident has just happened right in front of them. There is no excuse for being a prick!!!

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: March 03, 2008 06:48PM

I don't think my first reaction should be to stomp on the brakes at that speed. I'd want my foot on the accelerator if I needed some speed to shoot for a hole. If you're riding the brakes, your options would seem to be a bit more limited.

Date: March 03, 2008 07:00PM

Eastsider Wrote:
> I don't think my first reaction should be to stomp
> on the brakes at that speed.

You misunderstand... if you were absolutely retarded and wanted to see the WOO HOO CRASH WOO HOO that was happening three lanes away from you (as noted in the OP) then you'd slam the brakes, putting everyone behind you in YOUR lane at risk. "Native" just offered a scenario where one is bad for not stopping at the moment of a collision because traffic is stopped, even though traffic isn't stopped until after the collision has occurred. So you are a "prick" for not doing something because it isn't safely possible... or perhaps even physically possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2008 07:00PM by pgens.

Date: March 03, 2008 07:19PM

Ok let me go a little further. Let's say it was your wife or your mother in that car. I am sure you would FIND a way to get to her without thinking twice.
Like I said the opportunity is there, it's just whether or not you choose to take it

Date: March 03, 2008 09:16PM

Gravis Wrote:
> SE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ummm no, you were supposed to get over to the
> left
> > lane ASAP, then there is this thing called
> > reverse. If you wanted to help, you could have.
>
> > You're just making excuses. And basically you
> > want to find the news story on it to see if the
> > person died. If they did, you are going to
> hell
> > son!!
>
> you of all people should not be telling people
> they are going to hell, unless of course you
> planning a meet up with them. as i recall, you
> said you would give me your name and address, im
> still waiting for you to post them.

Seriously dude? You're a freak. I thought you could find me Gravis???? Work your magic brother!!!

Date: March 04, 2008 12:24AM

SE Wrote:
> Seriously dude?

you were the one who volunteered.

> You're a freak.

oh your insults pain me so.

> I thought you
> could find me Gravis???? Work your magic
> brother!!!

it's not magic and it's a lot of effort. so, going to post or are you just a liar?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: March 04, 2008 07:39AM

HAHAHAH What's up stalker!!!! I don't recall ever saying I would post my address. I know the helpdesk you work in is probably slow today, so you can dig up my old post and show me :) :) :)

Date: March 04, 2008 08:43AM

native Wrote:
> Ok let me go a little further. Let's say it was
> your wife or your mother in that car. I am sure
> you would FIND a way to get to her without
> thinking twice.
> Like I said the opportunity is there, it's just
> whether or not you choose to take it

Another retarded example. Yeah I would go back for them. But if I saw _you_ burning, writhing in pain on the pavement and you reached your burning stump hand up for help, beseeching mercy of me and begging pity, I would kick it down, spit on you, and say "damn, that didn't put it out."

Date: March 04, 2008 09:53AM

EXACTLY!!!!! That is exactl reason and right for me to call you a fucking prick and an asshole. It's just a random person showing an act of a good character and reaching out to a person in great danger and need. This also brings out the point that most people sit here and try to complain to the world and how bad our legal system is and how bad the cops are. God forbid someone sees a cop takingg a break or go to a drive through to get some food. OH NO!!!! There will be a million pictures from crappy camera phones from all possible angles. I mean that's what they paid to do with "your hard earned money" right? Wrong bitch! Yea putting their lifes in danger on call at any minute so YOU dont have to for not that much pay and then get shitted on. If that is your logic then dont expect the cops to risk their lifes when you for a simple fact can't pull over and help a stranger out and care enough to see if they are still breathing. Yes that means you are going to be late somewhere and maybe little Timmy will have to sit and wait a little while longer, OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT IS HE EVER GOING TO DO. In extreme scenarios it could have mean life and death for someone just because people refused to pull over because it would take some extra effort on their part and a meaningfull deed for once. Let's not also forget that for your so called "hard earned money" do nothing but sit around on your ass in front of the computer with "0" danger and take multiple brakes and lunches. I mean shit if everyones regular everyday job would be this hard judged , employers would have hard time hiring. Try to volunteed at a sherrifs office to get a taste of what it is like to be a police officer. Remember the last time you were stuck in the vehicle on a long road trip for 8-12 hours??? Try doing that everyday and having to deal with bunch of pricks all day. Military and law enforcement deserve a break, our respect and most importantly a raise.

Date: March 04, 2008 11:56AM

SE Wrote:
> HAHAHAH What's up stalker!!!! I don't recall ever
> saying I would post my address. I know the
> helpdesk you work in is probably slow today, so
> you can dig up my old post and show me :) :) :)

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/66224/67319.html#msg-67319

SE
Everything else is garbage....if you would like to post my details please feel free. I can save you the hassle and give you my address if you want...

[...] if I saw _you_ burning, writhing in
> pain on the pavement and you reached your burning
> stump hand up for help, beseeching mercy of me and
> begging pity, I would kick it down, spit on you,
> and say "damn, that didn't put it out."

LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2008 12:14PM by Gravis.
Attachments:
guy on fire.jpg

Date: March 04, 2008 12:38PM

native Wrote:
> EXACTLY!!!!! That is exactl reason and right for
> me to call you a fucking prick and an asshole.
> It's just a random person showing an act of a good
> character and reaching out to a person in great
> danger and need.

Are are still missing the point... I would stop and help anyone on the planet but YOU, specifically YOU. I would try to punch out a CIA agent waterboarding Osama Bin Laden before I helped YOU with something as trivial as the time of day.

Date: March 04, 2008 02:22PM

pgens Wrote:
> Are are still missing the point... I would stop
> and help anyone on the planet but YOU,
> specifically YOU. I would try to punch out a CIA
> agent waterboarding Osama Bin Laden before I
> helped YOU with something as trivial as the time
> of day.

Why not me pgens?

Date: March 04, 2008 08:35PM

Gravis Wrote:

>
> Everything else is garbage....if you would like to
> post my details please feel free. I can save you
> the hassle and give you my address if you want...
>

I guess I wasn't feeling stalked then :) I can always give you my Husband's phone number and he would be more than happy to give you our address and have you come over. I love being married to a cop =D

That is all.

Date: March 05, 2008 07:52PM

SE Wrote:
> I can always give you my Husband's phone number

please do give me your husbands direct phone number. a name or badge number to go with it would be best.

Posted by: anniebelle125 ()
Date: August 16, 2015 03:31PM

I was also traveling on I-95 North yesterday traffic was stopped or moving slowly . Of course people who must not sit in traffic were traveling in the emergency lane. I heard sirens approaching, looked in rear view saw red flashing lights Zig zagging through traffic as apparently the motorists were not cooperating.
I stopped giving the stupid people a way to get out of the way......not all of them cut over some just kept cruising in the breakdown lane.people were on scene as I passed.I had my windows all down (no ac), and heard screaming.A man was waving traffic on screaming move it go go go.
The wreckage was horrific.
Prayers for families of loved ones lost or injured.

Posted by: anniebeIIe125 ()
Date: August 16, 2015 03:35PM

Took me 7 years to get past it and post here.

Posted by: Dsddffddffdfssdgyfr ()
Date: August 17, 2015 05:06AM

Did the person die? Nobody ever posted a link.

Posted by: c4DNE ()
Date: August 17, 2015 09:18AM

2008 Negroes... TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT.

Posted by: im not stopping ()
Date: August 17, 2015 11:09AM

Who cares about some speeding idiot or someone so stupid that they are playing with their phone while trying to drive?
I don't.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.