HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nick's Law
Posted by: Not The School Board ()
Date: January 23, 2012 06:24PM

The Fairfax County School Board and Administration had a year to fix their discipline policy. They failed miserably. Now the state will step in to fix it for them. The School Board is actually paying a lobbyist to go to Richmond to oppose this bill. Those egotists will never learn.

Tragedy could lead to change in Va. school disciplinary policy
Monday - 1/23/2012, 4:01am ET
Hank Silverberg, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - One year ago, 15-year-old sophomore Nick Stuban killed himself while going through disciplinary proceedings at Woodson High School in Fairfax County.

The tragedy highlighted a complex disciplinary policy that has since been sharply criticized by parents. Nick's father, Steven Stuban, says he was never told his son was in trouble until after he was expelled.

Now, there is a move to change disciplinary proceedings statewide and to intervene earlier with kids.

Virginia's General Assembly will consider a series of bills that require parental notification before any administrative disciplinary action is taken against a student and before a student is questioned about any serious violation of school policy or the police are called in.

Stuban says parents should be involved from the beginning of any disciplinary action.

"It shouldn't be purely punitive in nature, but how do we help the kids get back on the right track if they do in fact commit that offense," says Stuban.

"Education involves a partnership between students and parents and we need to have parents involved in every aspects of a student's education."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nick's Law
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 23, 2012 06:34PM

Again, as a parent in this ridiculous era of zero tolerance, your job is to instruct your children that their only response to anyone is " I'm not saying anything until one of my parents is here".

Posted by: Missing Nick ()
Date: January 23, 2012 07:00PM

Bullying by FCPS Hearings Officers killed Nick Stuban.

Those monsters need to go.

EVIENCE OF SUICIDE...NEVER TELL LIES...EVIDENCE PROVES ALL
Posted by: SUICIDES ()
Date: January 23, 2012 07:13PM

Suicide is another American term for MURDERING ONE'S SELF.

THOU SHALL NOT MURDER

THOU SHALL NOT KILL

NOR

TAKE ONE'S LIFE

OR

ANOTHER'S LIFE...

Think about it LONG and HARD.

Posted by: To SUICIDES ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:07PM

"Suicide is another American term for MURDERING ONE'S SELF."

First of all, I don't think the word "suicide" originated in America. Secondly, I would not say that murder and suicide are the same thing at all. Taking one's own life usually comes after a period of serious depression. Taking someone else's life is not usually the result of depression (many murders are out of anger or occur when another crime is being committed---like robbery or drug dealing). Murder and suicide are not the same at all. People who make statements like the one above are ignorant. The fact that the poster used the words "American term" makes me thing the poster is not an American and has some disdain for Americans. I would also bet the poster is "religious" in a fundamentalist way. You need to learn more, understand more, and interact with more people in life. Think about that LONG and HARD.

Posted by: suicides is dumb ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:28AM

Seeing how suicide is a latin term I guess its a latin term. So when people I china kill themselves what is it called? Chingchongside? Btw he was right tho..suicide is self murder but blah blah nick did it to himself..if you kill yourself because you were kicked out of a shitty school like woodson then there was some serious issues going on ppl didn't know about..woodson itself needs to be looked into..it has more suicides than any other fcps..I know of 7 in the last decade alone. FUCK WOODSON HIGH SCHOOL

Posted by: if this is life . . . ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:40AM

I would tend to agree that high schools like Woodson, Langley, McLean don't deal well with these types of situations. Those communities have pressures that border on ridiculous (way too strung) and it's hard for the administrators to keep perspective. Heck, it's hard for lots of Fairfax to keep a perspective---this place is not known for being measured or balanced when it comes to lots of things. As you can see, most of the "leaders" are wrapped up in high achievement numbers and creating graphs and charts that show how great we all are (including themselves). It starts with testing up the gazoo and
E-Cart and everything in between. Teachers are not allowed to focus on the kids anymore---just the tests. There's more to life . . . listen to people on the front lines---the teachers, students, and parents. They are craving a more balanced life. We are so deep in this stuff that we don't even realize how neurotic we have become.

Posted by: guest ()
Date: May 04, 2012 12:18PM

I also went to Woodson high school and when I told them that I won't say anything until my parents are here, they told me they will only call my parents after I start talking.

Posted by: I support it ()
Date: May 04, 2012 12:20PM

Nick Slaw is GREAT on BBQ!

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 04, 2012 12:22PM

guest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also went to Woodson high school and when I told
> them that I won't say anything until my parents
> are here, they told me they will only call my
> parents after I start talking.

I hope a long, awkward silence followed. Well done!

Posted by: uu, ()
Date: May 05, 2012 12:15AM

suicides is dumb Wrote:
> Seeing how suicide is a latin term I guess its a
> latin term. So when people I china kill themselves
> what is it called? Chingchongside? Btw he was
> right tho..suicide is self murder but blah blah
> nick did it to himself..if you kill yourself
> because you were kicked out of a shitty school
> like woodson then there was some serious issues
> going on ppl didn't know about..woodson itself
> needs to be looked into..it has more suicides than
> any other fcps..I know of 7 in the last decade
> alone. FUCK WOODSON HIGH SCHOOL

white kids

Posted by: What ()
Date: May 05, 2012 02:45AM

If you kill yourself because the school system is punishing you, you're a fag.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: May 05, 2012 07:47AM

guest Wrote:
> I also went to Woodson high school and when I told
> them that I won't say anything until my parents
> are here, they told me they will only call my
> parents after I start talking.

+100 for your response. Your second reply should have been " then we can sit here all day in silence, but eventually the school day will end and I get to go home."

Posted by: sad ()
Date: October 08, 2012 07:21PM

sad very sad

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.