HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BS FFX RE Tax Assessment
Posted by: youcanthankmr.connolly ()
Date: March 01, 2008 09:42AM

You get your FFX Notice of Real Estate Assessment Change in the mail yet?

Look what the county is trying to pull. My Assessed Value from 2007 to 2008 did not change; assessed at $458,610. A closer look details my 2007 land value at $250k and the house at $208,610. For 2008, the dirt around my house (land) INCREASED $125K (in 1 year) to $375K and my home LOST $125k in value to $83,610

This is pure BS on the county's part. Actually, in today's RE market, I should give the county my keys, say sold, and take the $458k to the bank; I could never sell the house for that price.

I'll be advising Mr. Connolly that I am pissed and do whatever I can to make sure he fails in his bid for Congress.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BS FFX RE Tax Assessment
Posted by: Just me ()
Date: March 01, 2008 01:01PM

Sadly assessments used to be under the true value of a home. Then the county got greedy and made them equal to the market price. Now they are placing the value way beyond what the market price would be, especially in this down market.

I strongly suggest everyone appeal the assessment. If you think policticians like Connelly don't take notice then check back on this board when one lone guy started a website against the abusive drivers fees. There were plenty of posts on here about how it wouldnt work and just shut up and go along with the fees.

The fees are now history thanks to guys like that. Connelly and his board of thieves are already starting to backpedel on this issue, using his usual tact of "I didnt know anything about it".

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 01, 2008 02:29PM

youcanthankmr.connolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll be advising Mr. Connolly that I am pissed and
> do whatever I can to make sure he fails in his bid
> for Congress.

Please keep up. There are already two or three threads on this topic, and if you have read the paper today you would have seen that the ratio is being re-assessed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2008 02:29PM by pgens.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 01, 2008 03:37PM

fucking scumbag liars.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.