HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DAYCARE
Posted by: RPP ()
Date: January 17, 2012 12:44PM

I am going to be moving to Fairfax county, I need a daycare that is located on my way to work. I've seen a few and there are a couple that I like but was wondering if the price seems fair. Since I work from home twice a week I would only need daycare for my 3 month old twice a week. The place that I liked quoted $250 for three days. Does this seem about right? I think the price is fair but a few of my co workers seem to think it is too expensive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAYCARE
Posted by: helpful ()
Date: January 17, 2012 12:52PM

that's expensive for only 3 days. most daycares don't take part time infant enrollments. they are probably quoting your the full time price.

Date: January 17, 2012 12:56PM

helpful Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that's expensive for only 3 days. most daycares
> don't take part time infant enrollments. they are
> probably quoting your the full time price.

You are probably being quoted full price. I don't know of any daycare centers in this area that will take an infant part-time. Usually you are stuck with full-time until they are one. And $250 is about in-line for full-time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 17, 2012 01:09PM

Some places charge as much as $300 for an infant. Some places do have a M, W, F or a T, Th arrangement for less. You gotta look around. Stay away from Minnieland. Chesterbrook isn't bad. The guy who runs the Child's Play, Inc. Children's Center (Home of Parent University) has some real weird ideas about parenting.

But any place is only as good as the people in charge and the employees.

Posted by: everything you need to know ()
Date: January 17, 2012 01:15PM

Posted by: Mom2Mom ()
Date: January 17, 2012 02:22PM

We paid $290 a week for three years and then I realized that our local catholic school had a preschool program for $300 a month. Take the time to look at the local churches - a lot of them have good programs that take part-time attendees. Good luck!

Posted by: RPP ()
Date: January 17, 2012 03:00PM

Thanks everyone for your answers. I am sure this is for part time only, full time was $125 more. This is a Kindercare on Fairfax Pkwy and Franklin Farm RD.

Posted by: mommy ()
Date: January 18, 2012 08:55AM

They are a bit expensive but totally worth it! I take my son there and love the place.

Posted by: James ()
Date: January 18, 2012 09:33AM

Small World Childcare.

703-573-8787

Out of woman's house. She's real nice and has been doing childcare for a while. Give her a call.

She has two kids of her own.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: January 18, 2012 07:43PM

I ditched Kindercare (the one near Reston Town Center on Old Reston Ave) a couple of months ago in favor of United Christian Parrish Preschool. It was a great move both financially and for the quality of education.

We were only sending our youngest one there for the preschool because my wife is a stay-at-home mom.

Our oldest went to that Kindercare for years, but it went downhill really fast. They had a lot of turnover in staff and were understaffed. The summer program had them placed with older kids because they were understaffed (or didn't have enough kids to keep separate groups). They started picking up shithead attitudes and it cleared right up when we pulled them out. The conditions at Kindercare didn't get better once the regular school days resumed.

We were paying for extra lessons on the basics and we weren't getting them. My wife dropped by to pick our kid up and the people were spread thin and all the kids were going apeshit. The "teachers" dedicated to teaching that upcharge curriculum were constantly changing with several periods of having no teacher.

UCP is great. My kid loves it. Kindercare is just a boarding kennel for your kids, even if you pay extra for education.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.