HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How come my criminal history didn't show up in background check?
Posted by: lyinmutherfr ()
Date: March 17, 2015 06:46PM

Maybe us felons ought to form a union or something, so we have some sort of power in politics and consumer-ville. As individuals, we are destined to fail carrying our past sins. I could really give a shit though. I've survived many years lying and parasiting off of others and companies, and the gubermint. You see, as someone said before...its all about the money. The justice system is all about money. Your local police is all about the money. Both are there to protect private property and businesses. That's why they show up after you been shot...lol

the US citizens must feel safe to work and consume, and pay their taxes. That's the cycle of life unfortunately. Nothing more to most people.

My recommendation....lie your ass off. Because no one is going to give you break with some great speech, a close shave and a nice haircut if had a felony. Dats the truth mfers. Before my felony, I lived my life very honestly, paid taxes, served honorably in the military, took care of my family, obeyed most rules/laws, voted sometimes, volunteered....all sorts of good things. I didn't know how corrupt the system was back then because I WAS DISTRACTED by the money, sports and good times. But all it took is one time on the justice merry-go-around...and you know what the system is all about. Fraud.

well it was a wakeup call for me. i thought they might be lenient with me since i was such a good boy paying my taxes and serving my country. My lawyer (former prosecutor) thru me under the bus for 50k, and wanted more and more but he didn't do crap. He could hardly remember the details of my case in court. well everyone there told the court how BAD I was. They sent my kids away pre-trial...3000 miles. They were only around 6 and 7yo and had to live with other relatives. They fucked me up good for whatever reasons. And NO...I never hurt anyone, never destroyed any property, and never stole any money.

So fuck'em. I think our government is criminal. I think the people in government are more criminal. Sometimes you have to take justice into your own hands.

So when in doubt...remember the dick up your ass. That's the system constantly fucking you over regardless of whether you ahve a felony or not. The problem is not us....its them. And if you can't see that....you deserve what you get.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonymousva23455 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 12:07PM

lol that is awesome. I think that people change and mistakes happen. Especially at 18 years old. Mentally you are a child and 13 years of school, do not teach you anything about the adult life. Lie all you need too. If you get the job and do good by it then you deserve it. People are so dumb and harsh.

Posted by: Kendra ()
Date: May 08, 2015 11:53AM

You're an idiot

Posted by: Kendra ()
Date: May 08, 2015 12:01PM

"You're an idiot" comment was meant for the idiot who posted "but if you're convicted of a felony, you're supposed to tell them [the prospective employer] anyway [even if record has been blocked from access after a certain # of years]" Why the hell do you think the law that prevents the employer from accessing the report was put into place in the first place, idiot?

Posted by: yc3EL ()
Date: May 08, 2015 12:24PM

anonymousva23455 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol that is awesome. I think that people change
> and mistakes happen. Especially at 18 years old.
> Mentally you are a child and 13 years of school,
> do not teach you anything about the adult life.
> Lie all you need too. If you get the job and do
> good by it then you deserve it. People are so dumb
> and harsh.

This is right.

Posted by: ...... ()
Date: May 08, 2015 12:53PM

99th percentile in school.
Genius apptitude / IQ.
Enjoy working in the fields I am passionate about.
If a building was on fire, I would get you out or die trying, no matter who you are.
Numerous drug charges due to self-medicating my mental health issues stemming from years of abuse as a child.
= Unemployable. My life is miserable.

Posted by: Most Interested ()
Date: June 01, 2015 08:05PM

I'm in a similar situation (non violent felony) as far as my history and NEED to pass a background check for employment, though not government. Please tell me if even one number or letter was off when you applied. I'm open to any advisement. Please.

Posted by: Most Interested ()
Date: June 01, 2015 08:08PM

Attn Govt Hack:I'm in a similar situation (non violent felony) as far as my history and NEED to pass a background check for employment, though not government. Please tell me if even one number or letter was off when you applied. I'm open to any advisement. Please.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: June 06, 2015 07:11PM

Does anyone know for sure how many years back a criminal background check goes in VA? I see people stating 5, 7, and 10yrs but I'm sure there's only a certain number of verifying companies that are used to check backgrounds. I know VA has no limit as to how far back they can search but the companies used to check background probably have a protocol of so many years back they go? Do you guys think a 15yr old misdemeanor would show up on any check? Non sexual and non violent.

Posted by: JonW ()
Date: June 26, 2015 07:19PM

I have run so many background checks for years and most go back only 7 years unless a violent felony.

Posted by: .2416 ()
Date: July 08, 2015 04:51PM

I agree. My brother is currently going through the same thing.

Posted by: J. Williams ()
Date: August 10, 2015 12:09AM

Hard to 'not get caught' when everything in this country begs you to get on board; public schools, alcohol industry, your average low income neighborhood. We live in a free country, but that's just enough rope to hang yourself. With freedom comes mistakes; common sense. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. Why?! Because we're all filthy, low class, lying criminals??! And though you know this 'stat', some of you have heard it for the first time- now. We have DUI's- that usually don't kill anyone. We have Domestic Violence- that usually doesn't result in injury. We hire loss prevention (store cops) to arrest someone for petty theft. The fact is, most countries don't have laws, or ability to reinforce them, like the U.S. does. Most countries don't have as many laws on the books; we have 5,000+. Be free, but don't make any mistakes. Fact is, most- if not all of you, have broken the law at some point in their adult lives. I see some of you write- "just don't get caught'. Is that what the law is all about in this country?! Is it really right to hold old misdemeanors against someone for life??! Do you know, because of all the issues in prison over-crowding, felons actually get more opportunity to have their records expunged than people w/ misdemeanors. So, really, it isn't about justice at all...is it?!

Posted by: Wilma Victum ()
Date: August 28, 2015 05:06AM

I have 25 serious felonies from back in 2005. I was instantly hired by the federal government but couldn't get a job at taco bell...? I'm now in charge of the drug evidence room and part of hillary clintons campaign management team.

Posted by: Low Job Security/Pussy Felony ()
Date: August 28, 2015 12:34PM

Happy Intentions Wrote:
> Got a felony about 8 years ago and a few
> misdemeanors 10 years back, all in va. I had
> filled out background check info for my job and
> found out it came back with nothing. I'm pretty
> happy but gotta ask: How come nothing showed up?

Yeah. Your felony's were 'low class' level felony's, obviously. And your 'job' was/is too!
By the way, your thread here is so totally un-interesting. It reeks with putrid boredom. Get a real job.
Attachments:
1.jpg
d023d63e_tumblr_mz7o9nLnrS1qbuewbo1_1280~02.jpg
d023d63e_tumblr_mz7o9nLnrS1qbuewbo1_1280~01~03.jpg
d023d63e_tumblr_mz7o9nLnrS1qbuewbo1_1280.jpg

Posted by: srsly ()
Date: August 28, 2015 02:36PM

CONVICTEDFELON2011 Wrote:
> Dumb selfconsumed assholes who think that a person
> is a monster because of a conviction. You make me
> sick and you people with your closed, selfish
> uneducated minds who live in your perfect little
> bubbles who watch the news and believe that what
> you hear and see is the truth are so caught up and
> brainwashed with bullshit your as smart as a
> fucking goldfish in a bowl... bubble bubble
> bubble.
> I was convicted with a sexual offense, using
> technology to lure a minor in 2011. It was a sting
> operation and never had any intent to meet, see,
> or touch any minor but they responded to me in an
> adult classified ad section and because in the
> email address the name was calicools13 they said I
> knew it was a 13 year old girl... fucking
> calicools13 my life was almost completely ruined
> but my high priced attorney got me 5 year
> probation and registering as a sex offender for 25
> years until I can challenge and have myself
> removed. Dont you get it everythings about money
> in this fucked up country. I never had a charge
> prior or since and would never touch any child in
> a sexual way but yet im labeled a sex offender.I
> own my own business and bust my ass everyday to
> support my self and my wife while doing everything
> required by the biggest money baggers, the law.
> And I pray the day comes when a close minded prick
> says some dumbass remark to my face about being a
> sex offender so I can stomp the the asshole into
> the ground. And yeah it enrages me to that point
> because I was one of you weakminded fucks until I
> experienced truth first hand... Yeah there's
> people out there that are animals and need to be
> put away but for alot they were just a dollar sign
> to keep this wonderful counrty with its fucked
> politics, blind unfair judicial system and
> brainwashed sheep who are being led by a one eyed,
> crippled selfish greedy shepard. Not insinuating
> our president except for bush's dumb cowboy ass.
>
> Well I feel alot better now and to everyone doing
> what they have to do to make things right by there
> loved ones, fuck what others think and say, there
> the reasons this country is fucked over, lazy
> ungreatful brainwashed wannabies go watch your
> drama reality tv shows. stop hurting this country
> and do something that is actually productive
>
> im out

What kind of douche bag brags about being a sex offender? Lol, faggot. You must be very tough behind your computer screen. People who have been charged with sex offenses are the undesirables of the undesirables and not even other convicted felons want anything to do with them. Also, I believe people who are on the sex offender registry aren't allowed to use technology, so you're violating probationary conditions. While violating those conditions, you're threatening to stomp people's faces in. That's two more crimes you have committed right there. Not all convicted felons are scum, but all convicted sex offenders are. It might be a good idea for you to shut the fuck up.

Posted by: Hehawww ()
Date: September 09, 2015 06:30PM

ladies and gent. i had did a 2year stint for robbery. i started the time in 2002 and came home 2004. i wanna do criminal justic ebut will my background come for if i applied to become a correction officer. also i work at ups

Posted by: Jeff harrison ()
Date: October 30, 2015 01:58PM

I have a involuntary manslaughter for 1994 and it always shows up and fucks me on jobs.but i got a arson charge in 2004 and it doesnt show up???

Posted by: joanne ()
Date: November 02, 2015 01:56PM

thats a lie, misdemeanors stay on there too. I had a misdemeanor over 20 years ago and it still shows up

Posted by: OKristen ()
Date: November 20, 2015 06:33PM

Actually in Virginia, they can look up any crime dated as far back as they want. Although some corporations have corporate policies where they won't look up past 7 years.

Posted by: FrankB ()
Date: December 22, 2015 01:30PM

HA!

Posted by: WTF Chuck ()
Date: March 15, 2016 02:08PM

First I can't believe this thread went on as long as it did, this guy could have screwed up and been fired or gotten promoted to regional manager by now, and second, so many people are criticizing him as if he's still committing crimes, while technically that may be the case, whatever he's doing he's doing so he can have a job, that he'll be required to WORK AT, and contribute to society, but so many people seem to be angry because he's not flipping burgers or working on the side of a road instead of putting his life back together and contributing to society. Criminal background checks general, and a bit discriminatory, I get that companies need to protect themselves, but the way it used to be, the way it SHOULD BE, is a person disclosed they made a mistake so many years ago, and the supervisor THE GUY WHO HAS TO DEAL WITH THIS PERSON EVERY DAY, makes the judgement call on whether or not he should trusted. But now it's up to corporate and some bean counter that looks at statistics and decides there are enough people out there to hire that they can pick and choose. While this is true, a mistake more than 7 years ago shouldn't discount a person from working for anyone, particularly not some crappy office depot job.

Posted by: David Giguere ()
Date: May 18, 2016 05:53PM

In his/her defense I don't think he is lying.

I have 2 felony convictions and served 3 yrs in prison. This was 93-96. right after High School. It changed my whole life trajectory as I had a full scholarship to an elite, near Ivy League University. Instead I have led a life befitting a convict. No voting, hunting, no positions as a key holder, no govt employment...No shooting for the stars.

Never another conviction, not even speeding ticket has marred my record. I have always disclosed these facts for better or worse, but... Recently I was denied a federally Regulated License for "obfuscation of criminal history" when I disclosed the felonies and events that followed in my signed affidavit and Homeland Security and the FBI failed to find evidence that I have ever been arrested let alone convicted and incarcerated.

They said I was either lying or mistaken, but in either case I was not fit to hold the license until I could prove that I had , in fact, been convicted and served time.

Posted by: StevieD ()
Date: June 17, 2016 10:51PM

You don't know shit. I have a felony and a dwi. The dwi is the only thing that shows up, and I really want to know why as well. I don't even think about specific jobs I'm highly qualified for because a felony precludes me from getting it. If it doesn't
Show I'm going to not put it and apply.

Posted by: felon ()
Date: August 10, 2016 11:39AM

@ Peeved
you are an idiot. im in florida looking at this thread. candy is 100% with stating she is in va. you freaking internet coward.

also they don't ask have you EVER anymore on majority of job apps. every job app I filled in either said "past 7 or 10 years" and that was 12 years ago. I'm in florida for the jerks like peeved with a little "p" and I make $49.00 hr. it should be a crime to be a jackass @peeved

Posted by: markman ()
Date: September 07, 2016 12:40AM

i like your style bruh!

Posted by: idiots abound ()
Date: September 07, 2016 02:29PM

Maybe it was just delayed for 4 and 1/2 years, like this thread. Wtf. Why do these old threads keep popping up? Running out of new bullshit?

Posted by: Babyvabeach ()
Date: September 14, 2016 11:53PM

I also have a crime in virginia from 1995. It does not show up on my criminal check. It was a misdeameanor assault. I use to tell employers about it until I realized that ut wasnt there.

Posted by: CALHOUN ()
Date: October 04, 2016 11:34AM

IF YOU PLANNING TO BE A PROFESSIONAL ANSWERING QUESTIONS, PLEASE SPELL CORRECTLY

Posted by: Punished for the truth ()
Date: December 16, 2016 11:17AM

Only in certain states can they go back as far as they want. It also depends on the type of job you're applying for. In CA they can only go 7 yrs back.

Posted by: Jessie ()
Date: December 19, 2016 11:32AM

Wow. You're a special kind of stupid aren't you? You cannot get charged with fraud for not revealing you have a felony. All that happens is the person would get fired.

Posted by: redneck willie ()
Date: December 20, 2016 05:10AM

Go to a gun show and attempt to buy a firearm. If your record is truly cleared then the transaction will go through. If not you will get arrested for another felony.

Posted by: ronig ()
Date: January 13, 2017 05:43AM

I agree with you dude. Frankly, I don't know if most the ppl talking on here are dumb or missing the point. If HD goes back 7 years which it clearly stated on the App my husband just filled out last week (2017)...why the hell would he answer yes to the question that asks if he has committed a crime in the last 7 years if his crimes are over 7 years old. Answering Yes would actually be a lie, DUH! The true answer is NO, I haven't. If they wanted to know if he ever committed a crime prior to that they would have asked" have you ever committed a crime" as some applications say. Some even ask for 7, then have a second app that ask for "any convictions/crimes...ever". HD from my experience asked for 7 years and that didn't change during the follow up interview hiring process so far. But the point is that you are telling him to LIE by telling him to say Yes, he's committed a crime in a timeframe which he did not.

Posted by: disdick ()
Date: July 31, 2017 05:56PM

I know this is old. but as far as you mother f uckers being upset that the man got a job because he lied.. don't get mad cuz you can't get a job and you're a square. I have 31 felonies and have no problem getting a job. it all depends on how good of a worker you are... I make $25 an hr right now and I've been to prison twice. if you were a better worker maybe you'd be doing the same.. get a life with whatever petty ass paycheck you make. cuz sitting inn the net talking shit to convicted gonna isn't paying much

Posted by: Lyft driving nigger ()
Date: July 31, 2017 07:32PM

disdick Wrote:
> I know this is old. but as far as you mother f
> uckers being upset that the man got a job because
> he lied.. don't get mad cuz you can't get a job
> and you're a square. I have 31 felonies and have
> no problem getting a job. it all depends on how
> good of a worker you are... I make $25 an hr right
> now and I've been to prison twice. if you were a
> better worker maybe you'd be doing the same.. get
> a life with whatever petty ass paycheck you make.
> cuz sitting inn the net talking shit to convicted
> gonna isn't paying much

Your big lipped nigger mammy must b so proud that u make $25/hr!

"Dats my boy Tyrone! He doesn't smoke crack, gamble or steal....he's a good son"

Posted by: wally ()
Date: July 31, 2017 11:07PM

You can be a great worker, but you have to get hired first to be able to show that you're a great worker.

31 felonies? Only been to prison twice? What kind of work do you do? Construction?

Posted by: Daryl McCall ()
Date: October 06, 2017 02:02PM

Actually you are incorrect If you are a convicted felon but you have exceeded the 7 year mark as defined by the FCRA and they ask if you have been convicted in the last seven years you CAN legally say no

Posted by: Joe3r3r2r222r2 ()
Date: October 09, 2017 12:43AM

In short, you shouldn't. You served your time; you payed your debt to society.

For God's sake, the quality of mercy is not strained!
People turn back to crime when they can't get a job coming out of the can, and then turn back to crime, and high recidivism rates result.

Fuck the judicial system.

Posted by: ashley brian ()
Date: December 17, 2017 07:27PM

Get your credit cleaned with the help of a reliable hacker. He's tested and trusted. I had a very low credit score (around 520) and it was ruining my life. I needed help. I was very depressed because of it and had been trying to repair it but It just seems nothing was capable of getting my score raised quickly. I needed something done fast. I had read a lot of good things about this hacker online which gave me a go ahead to try him out. I almost gave up my search for a real hacker because I kept meeting fake hackers who are always after the money, I've been conned by them. Spy stealth is not about the money but about attaining a good reputation at always satisfying his customers. This is my way of showing appreciation for a job well done on my credit report. Reach out to him for help at spystealth(.)org(@)g m a i l(.)com. He's affordable and always at your service.

Posted by: BJ Subs ()
Date: December 17, 2017 09:02PM

If at any point your job finds out you lied about being a Felon they have the right to fire you with out notice.

Posted by: smooth criminal ()
Date: December 18, 2017 07:40AM

BJ Subs Wrote:
> If at any point your job finds out you lied about
> being a Felon they have the right to fire you with
> out notice.

If it was between working even a few weeks for a few quick paychecks and feeding my family right NOW and taking a chance they catch me vs. being honest and being rejected from the start- I'm a gambling man.

I only have misdemeanors- and see why people would lie on their applications. I have seen people turned away from jobs for a speeding ticket/DUI and their job doesn't even involve driving!!

Plus it depends on the felony, some companies actually take felons (google for lists).

Good luck all.

Posted by: rockerfeller ()
Date: March 09, 2018 12:59AM

I have been employed for 9 months and am a felon due to child support nazis. I had a background done on me but at the time I didn't know I actually had this felony because they judge told me if I stayed current for over 5 years the charges would be dismissed. Never heard a peep from my employers which is a top supermarket chain and have been promoted twice now making 16.50 per hour and have keys to everything in the store, so I know they did a good background check. I have many misdemeanors from 2001 and 2009 is the felony. So I assume they only go back so many years. Fks sakes a felony for a one night stand and will be paying off the interest until the day I die. Child support is a life sentence if you fall behind with all the interest. Well get busy trying or get busy dying. I refuse to let the devil win.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.