HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Brian Day
Posted by: Brian Day=moron ()
Date: January 11, 2012 11:32AM

Brian Day is an assistant football coach at Centreville and used to be at Westfield. All this moron ever talks about is becoming a head coach. So he interviews for the McLean job, goes back and meets with the principal for a final interview and then proceeds to turn the job down when offered. What a douche. If you don't want the job at McLean, fine, DON'T APPLY THEN! Dumb ass.

What he did was likely ensure he will never be a head coach in the region. Let's hope ADs and Principals avoid guys with shaky characters like this guy.

He missed out on a great opportunity that may never come again. McLean is a program on the rise in Division 5 and an average district. They are a playoff contender every year because of a weak D5 field. This guy blew it. Stay away if he comes looking for a head job.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brian Day
Posted by: nrwatcher ()
Date: January 11, 2012 12:43PM

He likely is holding out for the Herndon HC position.
However, I understand Herndon already have someone in mind.
A retired ex coach, who would come in and rebuild the program.

Posted by: Hmmm ()
Date: January 11, 2012 12:46PM

Good move by Day. McLean is a trap job. They lose a lot next year and their fresh and JV were terrible. Day must have another offer.

Posted by: day is a moron ()
Date: January 11, 2012 02:10PM

If McLean is such a a bad job (which it is not), then why interview all the way through the process? When you do that, it is an unwritten rule in Fairfax County that it will be very hard to get another head coaching job. He screwed himself.

Posted by: Boulder_Squad ()
Date: January 11, 2012 02:12PM

He could have been using that offer as leverage for a better offer from another school. Failtroll is fail.

Posted by: Beware ()
Date: January 11, 2012 02:56PM

Not a bad move if he has another offer... Just sayin

Posted by: truth teller ()
Date: January 11, 2012 03:38PM

No job is a trap job if your schedule includes: Marshall, TJ, South Lakes, W-L, and Falls Church.

Posted by: it can be ()
Date: January 11, 2012 03:46PM

truth teller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No job is a trap job if your schedule includes:
> Marshall, TJ, South Lakes, W-L, and Falls Church.

It is if your team is worse then them. If you fail as a head coach in that district you are done for good. Its one thing to fail in the loaded concord district, its other to lose in the liberty

Posted by: the man ()
Date: January 11, 2012 04:39PM

The guy interviewed all the way to the end. He applied himself, knowing what else was open. I hope he gets nothing because of his unprofessionalism. And I think he won't.

Posted by: regionobserver ()
Date: January 11, 2012 08:16PM

I never really thought he was that great of a coach.
What has he really done?

He was at Westfield, they always have a load of talent, How hard was it to coach the talent they have?
He went to Centeville this year, again, they were loaded with talent.
What value did he add there?

A good coach will take on a challenge and get the most out of the players.
McLean would have given him the oportunity to show if he can coach.If he would have had a couple of reasonable seasons, he would have been able to go after more sought after schools.

Now, I think most schools wont even look at him.
I think he burned bridges and that is a big mistake in the Northern region.

Posted by: Not so fast ()
Date: January 11, 2012 08:56PM

Day had other job offers... I heard he's going to take the herndon job! Much better job!

Posted by: Da truth ()
Date: January 11, 2012 09:15PM

You are on crack if you think Herndon is a better job. Welcome to being a perennial loser in the Concorde District. No football tradition or talent at Herndon. By the way, McLean beat Herndon last year. Nice try though.

Posted by: libwatcher ()
Date: January 11, 2012 09:24PM

How is Herndon a better job? Just because it is the Concord district?
Yes, the Concorde has prestige, but if you are not winning, that goes out the window.

Playing against the Concord teams, Herndon cant compete, your looking at 5-5 at best. That would be assuming they could win a few out of district games. Given the past history, thats doubtful.
At Herndon, you will never win more then 3 or 4 games each year.

At McLean, you have a chance to be 6-4, 7-3 each year in the Liberty and a chance to win in the D5 playoffs.

If you can win at McLean, that will go much further, then a losing record at Herndon.

Posted by: Just Say No ()
Date: January 11, 2012 10:50PM

This is bullshit, I thot there was going to be a "Brian Day", celebrating dudes named Brian.

Posted by: captain071412 ()
Date: January 11, 2012 11:10PM

As a former player under Coach Day, I can attest to his knowledge and experience on the offensive side of the ball. He better get a great defensive coordinator wherever he ends up!

I would turn down a McLean job too...I agree that team is a trap with not much competition. At least he would have a chance to build a [better] program with Herndon!

Posted by: Celebrate! ()
Date: January 12, 2012 11:42AM

Why did I think that this thread was going to be about the celebration of Brian Day on January 11?

Like Thatcher Day in the Falklands.

Posted by: Just a Coach ()
Date: January 12, 2012 08:10PM

Day interviewed yesterday morning at Herndon along with 9 others (from a pool of over 60 applicants). Herndon hasn't made an offer yet so if Day had an offer when he turned down the McLean job it wasn't from Herndon. It is odd that he went all the way to the end with the McLean interview process and then turned down the offer. If he really wanted the Herndon job then it makes even less sense because the McLean interview process was a couple weeks a head of Herndon's and he would have been well aware of that. Patrick is well respected in the Northern Region, it won't go unnoticed that Day put him in an awkward situation. And lastly, there are a bunch of very good athletes at Herndon that don't play football - if you could get them all to come out for the team, you could field a competitive team there.

Posted by: Just another coach ()
Date: January 12, 2012 08:39PM

Herndon is flooded with talent they just don't play... Same With South Lakes!

Herndon has two All Region Wide outs on the Basketball team and neither one play. A good coach that can bring excitement to the program would do very well at Herndon.

Posted by: NUMB NUTZ ()
Date: January 16, 2012 07:48PM

What a creative and funny guy. Not. Football sucks and Brian Day sucks.

- Former Student

Posted by: get ready ()
Date: January 17, 2012 05:17PM

Brian Day new head coach of Herndon. It will be announced Friday.

Posted by: That blows ()
Date: January 17, 2012 09:42PM

Too bad. He is being rewarded for being a total ass and completely blowing off another school. Enjoy last place every year in the Concorde.

Posted by: Dissapointed in FCPS ()
Date: January 18, 2012 11:03AM

Some things that happen in the Fairfax County school system just make you shake your head and think that the administration deserves what they get. If it is true that they are hiring Day after he just went through the entire interviewing process with McLean and turned them down, then this is definitely one of those times.

Posted by: Westfield Parent ()
Date: January 18, 2012 11:06AM

The Herndon principal and DSA clearly did not perform a thorough due diligence if they are hiring Day. I am glad my son goes to Westfield and that Coach Day is no longer part of our program.

Posted by: regionwatcher ()
Date: January 18, 2012 01:03PM

I heard he was going to a private school, as none of the NR schools will touch him after what he pulled.

I mean really, what has he done to even be considered a head coach

Posted by: Herndon Coach ()
Date: January 18, 2012 02:28PM

Day WILL NOT be the next football coach at Herndon High School. NO WAY

Posted by: coco ()
Date: January 18, 2012 05:19PM

Was Day Mclean's first pick for head coach? I heard they offered it to two differnent candidates and they both turned it down. If day was the second choice, then maybe he felt slighted and turned it down as well. If Mclean offered the job to two different coaches who both turned it down, maybe mclean isnt doing its own due dilliegence in finding someone who WANTS to coach at mclean.

Posted by: dont you see ()
Date: January 18, 2012 09:03PM

He turned down that job for a reason. Herndon told him he was their guy. Cant you see that?? Herndon's interview process was a shame.

Posted by: Mr. Gumbo ()
Date: January 19, 2012 06:11PM

Stfu if your talking crap about Herndon. Brain Day is herndons new head coach. We will see how good he does but don't try to put down Herndon because liberty district sucks that's why we smashed Southlakes this year. They beat us once last year because of Darrius smith and Sean price but now they are gone and it's like it used to be.

Posted by: McLean Dad ()
Date: January 19, 2012 10:41PM

I'm coming in late to this thread, but I'm a Dad of a McLean football parent. A couple things are true, the athletes that we pull from at McLean can't match up to the other schools...but they try real hard. #2, the liberty district is a much lower level of football than the concorde district, there is no other way around that.

Regarding Coach Day's decision not to coach at McLean...my opinion is that a job interview is an interview from BOTH sides, the school finding out more about the coach, and the coach finding out more about the school...if either one doesn't have a good feeling, they can turn the person or school down, even if it's the final interview.

I've been in that situation several times in the private sector, there is no problem with a coach turning down an offer that is made to them, it might not be the right offer for several reasons.

I don't know the in's or out's of the coaching inside of NoVA, but I don't see anything wrong with what Coach Day did. Good luck to him at Herndon, I look forward to seeing who we get as coach!

Posted by: football56 ()
Date: January 20, 2012 12:01AM

What has Day done that makes him a good choice for a head coaches position?
He has never been more than a position coach.

Posted by: bulldog ()
Date: January 20, 2012 12:57AM

Besides talk on his cell and drink big gulps at practice??

Posted by: Locker Room ()
Date: January 20, 2012 09:40AM

One thing is for sure, if Brian Day has seen this thread, I hope he has it on his coaching wall as it's great motivation!

I'll be watching Herndon closely this year.

Posted by: Another McLean voice ()
Date: January 20, 2012 10:20AM

I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that the more we have learned about Brian Day, we are very happy and fortunate that he is not at McLean. We have learned that his reputation as a coach is that he is lazy and his teacher ratings and references were very lukewarm.

He should get used to last place in the Concorde and I am going to enjoy watching it unfold every year while McLean remains in D5 playoff contention.

McLean has good leadership, including the AD who was the previous (and very successful) head coach. He will get a good coach and the future will be bright for McLean.

I can't say the same thing about Herndon.

Posted by: StoneRoader ()
Date: January 20, 2012 08:32PM

Herndon Coach Wrote:
> Day WILL NOT be the next football coach at Herndon
> High School. NO WAY

Guess you're wrong:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/football-herndon-names-brian-day-football-coach/2012/01/19/gIQAchYWBQ_story.html

Football: Herndon names Brian Day football coach

By Paul Tenorio, Published: January 19

Herndon announced the hiring of Centreville assistant Brian Day as its new head coach on Thursday, replacing Joe Sheaffer, who resigned after the 2011 season.

Day is familiar with the Virginia AAA Concorde District having served as an assistant coach at Westfield for nine years and at Centreville last season, helping the Wildcats to the Northern Region Division 6 title and a state runner-up finish.

Day also won six district, two region and two state titles as an assistant at Westfield.

“He’s got experience in the Concorde District, he’s been around and knows what’s going on around here,” Herndon athletic director Jonathan Frohm said. “He’s been around a coach and program and school that started from ground up and did it right and has been successful. … The guy is a winner and he’s been around winners.”

Herndon went just 7-23 in the past three seasons, including 2-8 in 2011, playing in one of the area’s most competitive districts.

The Hornets’ rivals in the Concorde – Robinson, Oakton, Chantilly, Westfield and Centreville – have each won at least one Northern Region title in the past eight seasons.

Frohm pointed out that Day is a Fairfax graduate and, because of the similarities between the two schools, understands the connection Herndon has with its community.

“He’s hungry,” Frohm said. “He wants to prove himself and he wants to compete and he wants to do it here at Herndon. He’s all in.”

Posted by: westfieldnumber1 ()
Date: January 20, 2012 09:54PM

How about that!
He will have this team winning 3 or 4 games a year for the next 3 or 4 years.
Oh wait a minute, that isnt any better then the last guy.

He is not the right guy for this program, he has no expereience as a head coach or even as coordinator. This has disaster written all over it!!!

Do they even realize there was a reason he was no longer coaching at Westfield

Good luck!

Posted by: Facts ()
Date: January 22, 2012 08:06PM

McLean didn't have any openings for assistants. That was the deal breaker with Day.
Not having any staff in the building is a tough situation for a head coach.

Posted by: True is true ()
Date: January 22, 2012 09:42PM

So Day turns a good job because he cant have assistants in the building?

What a spoiled bitch ! Jim Patrick won in spite of this situation why can't Day? Uy

Posted by: Jon P ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:19AM

Mclean is saying that Day wasn't hired because of something in his "background"...smear? Lie? Or truth? discuss.

Posted by: Truff ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:34AM

Theres nothing in Day's background. McLean just got turned down! They were actually turned down by 2 people. McLean is a bad job... Patrick did a good job with what he had but theres nothing coming up from those younger classes. Herndon at least is flooded with athletes an there is some potential there. Day made the right choice. I wish you McLean fans would get over it!

Posted by: Moist MILF ()
Date: February 02, 2012 11:51AM

He's HOT! I want him to coach so I can watch his swamp ass instead of my son playing on the field. Go Hornets!

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: February 02, 2012 01:48PM

I keep reading the title of this thread as "Brain Day."

I'M A FIVE-STAR MAN!!

Posted by: runvs ()
Date: February 02, 2012 03:58PM

Hey moist MILD is he single? Or play around if not?

Posted by: Herndon Player ()
Date: June 19, 2012 10:28AM

I play for Herndon and we dong give a flying fuck what you guys think about our new coach. Its our school not yours so you have stfu.

Posted by: hehe love it ()
Date: June 19, 2012 11:14AM

A) a dong is typically used during flying fucks

B) coating the visitor's locker room in baby oil will get you a forfeit.

Posted by: hehehe ()
Date: June 23, 2012 09:16AM

who cares

Posted by: Coach Fulcher ()
Date: December 22, 2013 09:53PM

I don't care what you say he is a cutie i would fuck him any day he fucked my wife and can respect that because she's hot and that makes me feel good..i love teaching kids how to drive i also like to football becuz it so fun i would fuck the shit out of some of the faculty at our school i mean they bad as shit go hornets

Posted by: Jack Booma ()
Date: December 22, 2013 09:58PM

I lub him i mean so cool he like my father i did nut have, i like it when he hugs me..i get very hard we both like football so its gonna be a good year

Posted by: Shannon Curley ()
Date: December 22, 2013 09:59PM

He fucked my mom

Posted by: Brian Day ()
Date: November 07, 2014 10:13AM

We beat yo ass this year doe boi

Posted by: e4Dvb ()
Date: November 07, 2014 01:18PM

Coach Fulcher Wrote:
> i also like to football becuz it so fun i would fuck
> the shit out of some of the faculty at our school
> i mean they bad as shit go hornets

Ladies and gentlemen, can we get a round of applause for the best sentence ever written on Fairfax Underground? go hornets

Posted by: FCJ9T ()
Date: November 07, 2014 03:03PM

"i mean they bad as shit go hornets", new FFXU motto

Posted by: CcFGG ()
Date: November 08, 2014 07:31AM

I saw the title of this thread and thought it was about a day to celebrate people named Brian. Imagine my disappointment.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.