HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFX county police
Posted by: T ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:34PM

A couple of months ago my roommate's car was hit by two cars (their fault). The police said they weren't going to write a report because it was a "snow emergency day". A paramedic who had stopped by said they should and his insurance company also said they should have done so. There wasn't much snow on the ground. No work cancelled, no schools closed, nothing.

But they sure will get you if one of your back lights is out! I found out mine was because I was pulled over. After I was told that was why I was pulled over I assumed I would be told to get it fixed. Instead the cop spent 20 minutes writing me a ticket. So let that be a lesson to you: don't get hit if a snowflake hit the ground in the past 24 hours and check you lights daily. FFX County police know what is important!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFX county police
Posted by: OldheadFFx ()
Date: February 25, 2008 02:25PM

This is a common thing for the FFx police... if you run into this get the offices bage ID and report him/her.

-done this before

Posted by: JJ ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:45PM

Two things for your roomate:

1. If the County declares a snow emergency the police are NOT allowed to do accident reports, they have supervisors too. Your roomate's first step would be to verify if there was in fact a snow emergency declared. If there is nothing showing for that day get a hold of the station where this happened and ask which officer was working that area that specific day.

2. If the damage did not exceed $1000 a report will not be done either.

So lets leave the paramedics to saving lives and insurance agents to raise our rates instead of making police descions.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 26, 2008 12:14AM

so i guess there wont be a problem when i accidentally hit a cop car when it's a snow emergency? ^_^

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: JJ ()
Date: February 26, 2008 02:37AM

They can still give you a ticket just not reportable....

Posted by: RX ()
Date: February 26, 2008 07:46AM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so i guess there wont be a problem when i
> accidentally hit a cop car when it's a snow
> emergency? ^_^
---------------------------------------------------------------

Please do......^_^_-^_^

Posted by: aeiou ()
Date: February 26, 2008 01:40PM

So you know the facts....When the weather is bad i.e. ice, snow, etc. and there are a multitude of accidents waiting for an officer to respond throughout the county (Remember 400 square miles, not just your neighborhood). The Chief or his designee can authorize the "Accident policy" to go in effect. Simply put property damage accidents will not be a priority unless blocking traffic. Like good boys and girls you are to exchange your information, contact a wrecker if necessary and be on your way. Things are different if their is injury, whereby you will be visited by both police and EMS personnel followed by a report. I hope this clears things up for you all.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: February 26, 2008 07:05PM

aeiou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you know the facts....When the weather is bad
> i.e. ice, snow, etc. and there are a multitude of
> accidents waiting for an officer to respond
> throughout the county (Remember 400 square miles,
> not just your neighborhood). The Chief or his
> designee can authorize the "Accident policy" to go
> in effect. Simply put property damage accidents
> will not be a priority unless blocking traffic.
> Like good boys and girls you are to exchange your
> information, contact a wrecker if necessary and be
> on your way. Things are different if their is
> injury, whereby you will be visited by both police
> and EMS personnel followed by a report. I hope
> this clears things up for you all.

And--- if you hit and run they will hunt you down and find you.
Attachments:
insane_cop1_F98E.wmv

Posted by: JK ()
Date: February 26, 2008 07:10PM

I messed that up it's no good without pics.

I'll try again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=51J9Jbai3gw

Posted by: Richard ()
Date: February 26, 2008 09:05PM

I didn't think the police worked for the paramedics or the insurance company. Bottom line is that when the weather is bad, STAY THE FUCK HOME! Besides, sounds like it is your roomates problem not yours.

Date: March 02, 2008 06:40PM

Wow, Richard, I'm sorry my roommate had to work (as I noted, no one else but FFX county police decided it was a snow emergency so he had to report in like the rest of us peons). Also sorry people care about others problems. The accident, involving three cars total, blocked traffic and caused $7500 worth of damage. One of the owners got out of paying because he later claimed to his insurance he wasn't at fault (though admitting fault that day) and since there was no ticket he got off.

If you're a FFX cop, I'm not surprised. Go write tickets for tail lights or some other shit. It's far more important to block an entrance ramp to 66 writing a bullshit ticket for someone who had only gotten 1 ticket previously in 16 years of driving, after all.

The others who disagreed with me were civil. Nice profanity, Dick. Piss off.

Date: March 02, 2008 06:54PM

Thanks to JJ for explaining things.

Thanks to RX and Gravis for the funny comments :-)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.