HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any good carwash near Reston?
Posted by: Ghostface Killah ()
Date: February 24, 2008 07:50PM

Is there a good carwash in or near Reston? I used to use the one at the Exxon near McTaco Hut, but they changed it. I don't think it's as good, and it has no undercarriage wash which is important in winter. I think the "Laserwash" brand models are generally weak. Are there any good ones?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any good carwash near Reston?
Posted by: bob^2 ()
Date: February 24, 2008 08:10PM

3 Cs in Reston - it's at the intersection of Rt 7 and Barron Cameron... they are the only car wash I use, and they are fairly new. Its across the street from the Reston Animal Farm / Pet Pet Farm / Zoo...

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: February 24, 2008 08:37PM

The Exxon car wash across from Taco Bell & McDonald's and fire staion beside it, the famous hook up stop by the gym http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/product-compint-0000901673-page.htmlFitness, still best no brushes.

Take that damn salt off your car

Posted by: Ghostface Killah ()
Date: February 24, 2008 08:42PM

No, I explained that that Exxon isn't good anymore because they don't have an undercarriage wash. The undercarriage is really the most important part, the rest makes the car look good but the undercarriage wash keeps it from rusting into pieces.

I was originally asking just for a decent automatic wash. I might consider a real carwash place if they're not too expensive, at least in the winter.

Posted by: Lillibit ()
Date: February 24, 2008 09:38PM

I really like the one in Fairfax near the intersection of 50 and 236, next to the Anita's. They will detail your car for 50 bucks and it's really thorough. It's one of those automatic ones but I must confess that I have no clue whether they "do the undercarraige". Sounds fun!

Posted by: Ronald Mexico ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:01PM

Question: When you go to one of the carwashes that have 8 different people washing/drying your car, are you supposed to tip them??? I don't mind doing so, but I don't know the protocol and for that reason I have avoided going. If someone can enlighten then I'll give it a try.

Posted by: Lillibit ()
Date: February 25, 2008 07:11AM

The one at 50 and 236 (Embassy I think) has a tip jar inside where you pay and wait for your car to come out.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 09:44AM

bob^2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3 Cs in Reston - it's at the intersection of Rt 7
> and Barron Cameron... they are the only car wash I
> use, and they are fairly new. Its across the
> street from the Reston Animal Farm / Pet Pet Farm
> / Zoo...

This is the best!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.