HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dr. Jamie Park DDS
Posted by: curiousperson ()
Date: January 04, 2012 01:21PM

anybody go to this dentist office? I am new to them after having switched from a dentist that I had been using for my whole life but was to far away and I was getting tired of making the drive.

Not sure I'm happy with these people. They seem WAY to business like and WAY to greedy. The way the office is set up is like a production line of dentist chairs making it look like their only goal is to get as many people in there as they can at once. I swear there are 20 chairs lined up in what can only be explained as modern cubicles next to one another.

There is an older asian woman who acts as the "business manager" and sits down with you going over the costs and what your financial options are. That office is setup as if you are in a car dealership negotiating to buy a new or used car.

Everytime I have been in there I have overheard them pushing $300 electric toothbrushes on almost every single customer. Really really bizarre.

Whatever happened to dentist / doctor offices that actually cared (or at least acted like they cared) about their customers???

I swear these people go out of their way to provide a less then friendly, business only, money grubbing experience for their customers.

Very bizarre place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr. Jamie Park DDS
Date: January 04, 2012 03:10PM

nope, don't know anything about that office. Highly recommend Dr. Michael Messina on Sunset Hills Road. Been with their office for many, many years and am very happy with them.

Posted by: Stay Away ()
Date: January 04, 2012 03:40PM

curiousperson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anybody go to this dentist office? I am new to
> them after having switched from a dentist that I
> had been using for my whole life but was to far
> away and I was getting tired of making the drive.
>
> Not sure I'm happy with these people. They seem
> WAY to business like and WAY to greedy. The way
> the office is set up is like a production line of
> dentist chairs making it look like their only goal
> is to get as many people in there as they can at
> once. I swear there are 20 chairs lined up in what
> can only be explained as modern cubicles next to
> one another.
>
> There is an older asian woman who acts as the
> "business manager" and sits down with you going
> over the costs and what your financial options
> are. That office is setup as if you are in a car
> dealership negotiating to buy a new or used car.
>
> Everytime I have been in there I have overheard
> them pushing $300 electric toothbrushes on almost
> every single customer. Really really bizarre.
>
> Whatever happened to dentist / doctor offices that
> actually cared (or at least acted like they cared)
> about their customers???
>
> I swear these people go out of their way to
> provide a less then friendly, business only, money
> grubbing experience for their customers.
>
> Very bizarre place.

I say stay away! I have had a very bad experience with Ms. Park and her awful decisions on dentistry. I was suggested at one point to get lawyer and file a suit against her.

I did not. The cost was way to much, and would have only outcome something less than the legal costs. How about those TVs above when you are getting work done.

Posted by: arizona tea ()
Date: January 04, 2012 03:57PM

I lost a great dentist in Kings Park. Nice guy wasnt out to screw you over. A Vietnamese lady took over when he retired. She fired the entire staff and bought in family members who like the OP said are more interested in money than service.

She wanted to charge extra for everything including a small cup of mouthwash to rinse and spit at the end. $15 for that. Everything was extra and I fully expected to have to pay extra for use of the chair to sit in.

Posted by: MS-14 ()
Date: January 04, 2012 04:07PM

curiousperson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Whatever happened to dentist / doctor offices that
> actually cared (or at least acted like they cared)
> about their customers???

> Very bizarre place.

I'll tell you what happened...this is 2012 and you went to see an Asian dentist. What did you expect from this experience?

And yes, it is a very bizarre place. If it's so bizarre, why are you going there?

Posted by: Dr. Pain ()
Date: January 05, 2012 08:19AM

Most dentists in the area are focused soley on maximizing revenue. They'll push everything from "special" toothpaste to teeth whitening, all at ludicrous prices. I found a good dentist who actually just focuses on dentistry, but I can't publish his name or he'll be swamped and it'll be hard to get appointments. But they do exist.

Posted by: alexwh ()
Date: January 05, 2012 11:59PM

I used to go Dr Park when she was associated with Dr. S. Hamm. She opened her own practice and I followed her to her new office. I was very unhappy with her. She advised my son that he needed to have his wisdom teeth pulled. He had to poit out to her that they were pulled four years earlier! I always felt that she was reaching for my wallet...pushing for expensive procedures. She over billed me multiple times.
I lost all faith in her as I felt she was more concerned about making money than caing for her patients. I would avoid this office!!!!

Posted by: Quackwatcher ()
Date: January 06, 2012 04:51AM

OP you are an QUACK for letting QUACKY GOOKS in your mouth. Betcha your regular doctor is an QUACKY GOOK. Only GOOKS should go to QUACKY GOOKs and Pakies.
Attachments:
DR-QUACK.jpg

Posted by: AL SOO ()
Date: January 06, 2012 05:06AM

Please Trust Me
Attachments:
bling_bling_teeth.jpg

Posted by: greedisrude ()
Date: January 06, 2012 09:28AM

same experience as some of these posters. she is greedy, office is very cold and unfriendly. I was one of the people they tried to sell an expensive toothbrush to, absolutely terrible place!

I don't know if it has to do with their culture but the op is dead on about this place!

Posted by: Disagree ()
Date: January 06, 2012 10:32AM

I'm going to have to disagree and I can't believe anyone is mentioning her "culture". She's as American as anyone and just because her race is Asian, I would guess she was born here.

The environment is very different though and maybe not for everyone. Everything is high tech and there are flat screens all over. She's relatively young and so are her staff. Never saw a male staff. It may seem cold and sterile or it may seem tidy and professional. It all depends on what you look for in a dentist. Her prices might be more expensive and they might push products but she's simply trying to give the best dentistry possible and be progressive. This all may be perceived as impersonal, it's just all your personal preference. If you are looking for something like a mom and pop house style dentist. This is not for you but it's just personal preference. You don't have to slam her for it.

I got invisalign from her and couldn't be more happier with the results and experience. It was expensive but worth it. Before going there, I hated going to the dentist and now it's fine. Most of the opinions here are based on the specific dental needs you have. If they are many, chances are you won't like anyone.

Posted by: Ali Kamal ()
Date: January 06, 2012 10:38AM

Does anyone know an attorney that practices dental malpractice?

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: January 07, 2012 02:14PM

I'm a former patient. Park's Dental Assistants were good, but I stopped going there due to her business practices. Specifically, her 48-hour cancellation policy for appointments. I once had to cancel an appointment two days in advance (technically, it was 44 hours) and the office manager tried to bill me for a missed appointment because my cancellation was within 48 hours. I told her to shove it, that I wasn't going to pay them shit, and that me and family would no longer utilize Park's services.

Posted by: thetruth ()
Date: January 07, 2012 06:46PM

I agree with the majority of these posters. Her office is a very bizarre place, you can see the greed the second you walk in the place. I was a patient for about a year and never once was greeted by name when I walked in the place. Couldnt be happier switching dentists. I have a feeling they are basing their business on making the quick buck off the patient fully expecting them to move on. They must know whats going on, because obviously a lot of people have had the same experience and have switched dentists.

Posted by: Jeanne Chalfant ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:28PM

I love this dental office. I have never been or even felt rushed. The office is efficent, as is the staff. They are friendly, professional, and caring. I like the way the office is set up. It is open, and modern and designed for effeciency. They have done a supurb job for me and my family.

Posted by: dental patient ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:43PM

I had a dentist in clarendon tell me that all me teeth were going to fall out if I didn't spend $25k in repairs. That was 5 years ago and my teeth are fine. Crooks! I hate the lot of them.

Posted by: Greed ()
Date: August 22, 2012 11:32PM

Ive been there. It's a bit overpriced, but all of the female dentists and hygienists are attractive so that's a plus.

Posted by: Just Asking ()
Date: August 23, 2012 09:06AM

Does she and/or her staff offer topless dentistry for extra $$$? If so, I might be willing to put up with the greed factor.

Posted by: Awful ()
Date: October 16, 2018 10:28PM

Claims cavities are white or invisible and advises drilling into perfectly healthy teeth of minors. Malpractice.

Posted by: Toothache ()
Date: October 17, 2018 06:57AM

Does she have big boobies?

Posted by: Hello degenerates ()
Date: October 17, 2018 08:36AM

I have delta insurance.
I shop the ads that come into my mailbox.
Many are $45 “first time patient”
Exams.
Use the coupons etc.
I get my teeth cleaned 4-6x a year.
I pay out of pocket and test drive dentists.
Sticking with one dentist nowadays is moronic.

Also, as a result of frequent cleanings, I no longer need to chew gum.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.