HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Accident at Gallows Rd. exit 495-S around 7PM 12/30
Posted by: Driver ()
Date: December 31, 2011 01:10PM

The accident response in this area never ceases to amaze me. Going 495-S last night something was going on at the exit ramp for Gallows Rd. The two right lanes were almost completely stopped and cars were dangerously merging into fast moving traffic in the left lanes. I had to stay in the right lane waiting to get onto gallows. After waiting about 10 minutes less than 1000 feet from the gallows exit a fire truck an ambulance and two more police cars passed me to join the party. I was expecting to see some sort of catastrophic mangled mass of metal, but instead saw only a single un-damaged Camry stopped in the exit lane and about 8 emergency vehicles spilling onto 495. Anyone know what the deal was? I assume medical emergency. If so why not have someone hop into the Camry driver seat and drive the extra 1/8 of a mile to the emergency room located within shouting distance of the incident? I know it's fun for these cowboys to circle their wagons and break out all the cool tools to be roadside heroes, but is this really the best course of action? This isn't the first time I've seen them cone off even a simple rear-end collision and wreak havoc on traffic so they can play hero.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accident at Gallows Rd. exit 495-S around 7PM 12/30
Posted by: johnny swift ()
Date: December 31, 2011 01:39PM

I think it was some illegal about to drop another baby onto the welfare system, she just didnt make it to the hospital for delivery

Posted by: jesus jose oscar hernadez ()
Date: December 31, 2011 02:18PM

johnny swift Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it was some illegal about to drop another
> baby onto the welfare system, she just didnt make
> it to the hospital for delivery

That would make sense.

Posted by: 495 avoider ()
Date: December 31, 2011 02:24PM

Infuriating. Exactly why I never take 495.

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: January 01, 2012 04:17PM

Well we wouldn't have to play "hero" if you and the rest of the mentally retarded fuck bags in this county wouldn't use 911 like your personal taxi service. We wouldn't have to put half a million dollar equipment onto the interstates because someone needs their hand held for something fucking stupid. So instead of bitching about the "hero's," why don't you bitch about the idiot that decided to pull off the beltway for something stupid or hit someone else because they had to send that text message and then all of a sudden developed insurance-itis. And some day you will pick up that phone and need that hero so might want to rethink what you say.

Posted by: Luis Young ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:37AM

Such traffic really pisses me off. We have to wait for a long between the junk cars just coz of some silly peoples.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.