HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
Lake braddock girls basketball
Posted by: Enough5 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 11:02PM

Why does Lake Braddock high school girls basketball have such a high coach turnover?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lake braddock girls basketball
Posted by: NRbb ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:59AM

I am not sure who is doing the hiring, but they havent hired the right person since Fisher left.

They had a few good applicants the last time around and went with someone who had no Head Coach experience.

They have talent, but will never be competitive until they get a good coach.

Date: December 30, 2011 08:45AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2011 03:31PM by Enough5.

Date: December 30, 2011 09:07AM

Didnt fisher get pushed out?

Posted by: BBasketball ()
Date: December 30, 2011 09:10AM

Enough5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree i also have noticed that there best talent
> is on the bench why?

Their center is going to get a hernia from carrying that whole team on her back. Nice kid, too.

Posted by: hoopsandmore ()
Date: December 30, 2011 09:33AM

Well from what I heard same thing happened last year. The talent left because they were benched. Best and most experienced players on bench again. We are friends with a basketball family and I feel sorry for them. Not a good expeeience thus far

Date: December 30, 2011 10:02AM

Is the athletic director aware of what is being said? My son says the girls are often crying. Isnt sports supposed to be fun? I hate to see kids unhappy

Date: December 30, 2011 10:02AM

Im not sure i understand what you mean natalie carrying whole team? From what i have noticed the girls who can play are not being played! Im not sure why they hired someone with next to no experience over some other applicants! There are other girls who can play on that team but who are not being played!

Date: December 30, 2011 10:05AM

I have no idea if the athletic director knows! From what i have heard he does and it doesnt matter

Date: December 30, 2011 10:08AM

From what my son says two of the best shooters get no time in game. He has played with them. He said it is not fair and team knows it. But coach does not listen to feedback

Date: December 30, 2011 10:13AM

I just hope that lake braddock finds a good fit with a experienced coach so they can succeed!

Date: December 30, 2011 10:15AM

Some of the rumors are of great concern.

Date: December 30, 2011 10:16AM

Why doesnt Braddock act

Posted by: BBasketball ()
Date: December 30, 2011 10:24AM

Enough5 Wrote:
> Im not sure i understand what you mean natalie
> carrying whole team? From what i have noticed the
> girls who can play are not being played! Im not
> sure why they hired someone with next to no
> experience over some other applicants! There are
> other girls who can play on that team but who are
> not being played!

You don't understand what I mean by Natalie carrying the whole team? Can you read a box score?

Date: December 30, 2011 10:31AM

Natalie is a huge talent. Amazing. I think what the person is saying is there is other talent not being given a chance. Maybe if the coach would wake up and give these other girls time in game the team could win. Son says some girls being excluded because they arenit among favorites

Date: December 30, 2011 10:35AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject????

Date: December 30, 2011 10:40AM

Yep i can read a box score but maybe she wouldnt have to do it all by herself if the rest of talent was in helping her! Maybe just maybe she feels she has to do it by herself! Did you think of that? Or maybe the coach is causing the problem? So you seem to think that she is the only player on the team last time i checked basketball is a team sport!when i played it was anyway

Date: December 30, 2011 10:43AM

Hoopsnmore yes she is huge talent you are right on that but some people like to be smart asses!

Date: December 30, 2011 10:47AM

And further more i started this blog about coach turnovers! Not about someone carrying whole team!

Date: December 30, 2011 10:51AM

I think the two of you agree. It comes back to coaching. Freshman who have little higher level experience should not be given all that game time at expense of seasoned players. Speed is not the end all be all. It is of NO value if you cant get the ball in the hoop. My son knows this game. He knows the girls too. LB needs experience.

Date: December 30, 2011 10:54AM

Again, I encourage tge two of you to realize you agree.
Natalie is awesome. And there are others who could and would contribute if tye coach was being open and fair. In other words.......need experienced coachibg.

Posted by: didn't ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:06AM

Didn't new coach just beat Fisher in a head to head game ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Triple or Double OT?

Date: December 30, 2011 11:14AM

That same coach has lost at least three because she wont give some kids a chance.

It is not about win or loss but about the example that is set. It is not good one.

Posted by: the others ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:14AM

Among others..Falls Church, JEB, West Potomac, Marshall, TC, Mt. Vernon, Annandale, South County all had turned over in last two years

Date: December 30, 2011 11:17AM

And it was a 2a school. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, is talking about it.
Hire a coach from within school system that has flexibility and sets a good example. How hard can that be....?...

Posted by: charade ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:46AM

Can we cut the charade here and just lay it all out on the table?

1 - you are unhappy with coach
2 - you want coach fired
3 - you have a conversation with yourself under multiple usernames to make it look like people care
4 - you think the most mature way to handle this is to slam the coach on the internet and try to belittle him in 'pubic' rather than discuss it with anyone at the school, or the coach himself
5 - no one else cares

Posted by: charade ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:47AM

>>>belittle him in 'pubic'

HAHA, I meant public

Posted by: Coach K ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:53AM

It does not matter if Bobby Kight coaches LB, will get near the same results.
Blame the higher ups !!! LB will play at this level for years to follow.

Date: December 30, 2011 11:56AM

Actually charade that is not accurate. Many people have talked with this coach with no results. This is indicative of a bigger all around issue. Kids sports are out of control. Poor training for coaches. Politics in the school. Parents

People do care.

Posted by: In the Know ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:57AM

These 2 posters are one and the same.

the Facts:

1) Lake Braddock girls basketball has very little talent, and hasnt for many years. All the talented athletes play other sports at LB.
2) the talent that they do have is in their younger players, who need to commit to basketball instead of quitting to play soccer or lacrosse ( a Lake Braddock tradition)
3) the Coach, in her 2nd year, has done more to teach real basketball than anyone in recent memory.
4) Pissed off parents, like the poster who started this thread, need to realize their daughter sucks, and shouldn't even bother with the summer expense of playing some on some third rate AAU team.

Thats pretty much the totality of this thread. Get over it, and let your daughter play intramurals in college next year where she belongs.

So there you have it.

Date: December 30, 2011 12:02PM

Coach K

There is talent there. Girls who have played together for years. This coach runs them off one by one. There is data to prove that. Just because you were a great player does not mean you can coach. Coaching is about more than the sport you coach. It is about setting an example that a school can be proud of. It is about fairness, compassion and service. Most of these kids will never play professionally. When the leadership is not right then it is kids who lose.

Date: December 30, 2011 12:06PM

That comment about a kid sucking is Uncalled for.

Posted by: lb2005 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:12PM

Thats not true!

This coach has very little experience and brought coaches in with very little experience.

She has taught them little to nothing, losing to teams they should be beating and not even being competitive.

This team has some talent and could be very competitive.

They had an in house applicant, a male, who would have brought out the talent of the exisiting players as well as would have brought additional talent within the school. They chose to hire a female, who has no experience, shame on the administration for not hiring the best person for the job.

The program will suffer for the next few years.

Date: December 30, 2011 12:12PM

Coaches shoukd be held to same standards as student athletes. This has nit been case here. That is real issue

Date: December 30, 2011 12:13PM

hoopsandmore Wrote:
> Coach K
>
> There is talent there.

There is VERY LITTLE talent there. Look at the last 10 years records.

Girls who have played
> together for years.

Girls who ARENT VERY GOOD, playing together, means little.

This coach runs them off one
> by one. There is data to prove that.

Then post it. Just becuase they decide to play soccer or lacrosse exclusively DOES NOT MEAN they were "run off".

Just
> because you were a great player does not mean you
> can coach.

I'll give you that. Did you think that up all by yourself?

Coaching is about more than the sport
> you coach. It is about setting an example that a
> school can be proud of. It is about fairness,
> compassion and service.

BULLSHIT. No HS varsity team is about fairness, or compassion. Its about winning, or the coach (eventually) gets fired. And most every team performs some modicum of "service". It is NOT HOWEVER, about upperclassmen playing more that Frosh/Sophs becuase of "service".

Most of these kids will
> never play professionally.

NONE of these kids will EVER PLAY professionally. NONE.

When the leadership
> is not right then it is kids who lose.

When the pissy parents resort to the internet, its the program that loses. Your kid would be embarrassed that you and your alterego Enough5 posted ANYTHING about them or their team.

Posted by: just4fun ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:18PM

This sounds like the coach posting on here....lol

Date: December 30, 2011 12:26PM

In the know
i dont have a kid who plays there.
If I did I would be talkng to administration.
People who do know dont see talent in those freshman

Date: December 30, 2011 12:32PM

hoopsandmore Wrote:
> In the know
> i dont have a kid who plays there.
> If I did I would be talkng to administration.
> People who do know dont see talent in those
> freshman

Your denial rings hollow. And the fact that you've alternated screennames back and forth with Enough5 to have a fake conversation with each other is apparent as well.

You reek of parental agenda.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:42PM

I'll never understand why parents who think their kids are All-Met but stuck on the bench would come on here and castigate a coach and a HS program. How embarrassing. I'm sure their kids would be mortified to know what they're doing.

Date: December 30, 2011 12:44PM

I started a post about coach turnover not attacking the team! You people did that place blame where blame belongs! No i do not have a child that attends that school! I was curious about why so many coaches come and go! Im not hiding anything just because there are stupid people in this world who think i started a nasty post well newsflash it had nothing to do with players etc... Or maybe you cant read what the intial post said!

Posted by: PVI2013 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:47PM

I think the parents are fed up with the program, and not just one, I think its quite a few.
They are getting no support from the adminstrators.

Watch the team play, you can see talent, it is bad coaching, Im sorry it just is.

Date: December 30, 2011 12:48PM

Altered screen names are you stupid? How in the hell would i know who anyone else is! This is not an agenda you idiot you blew this out of porportion i asked why such high turnover and i would like to know how i attacked anyone! So get over yourself and grow up! I never said the coach was bad not once!

Date: December 30, 2011 12:57PM

Truth is that some are pissed off over a post that said why such a high coach turnover? Its sad that any school has such a high turnover! I have never seen the coach with this team! So Grow up

Date: December 30, 2011 01:01PM

PVI said it well
Coaching is hard.
Experience does help.
But in reality it is what it is

Date: December 30, 2011 01:06PM

To recap your bullshit:

POST #1:
Why does Lake Braddock high school girls basketball have such a high coach turnover?

They've had 2 coaches in like 10 years. Turnover?

POST #2:
I agree i also have noticed that there best talent is on the bench why?

Oh have you? Your daughter, for instance? Oh the indignity of it all.

POST#3:
Didnt fisher get pushed out?

Lets start some rumors shall we?

POST #4:
Im not sure i understand what you mean natalie carrying whole team? From what i have noticed the girls who can play are not being played! Im not sure why they hired someone with next to no experience over some other applicants! There are other girls who can play on that team but who are not being played!

Let's allege the coach is inept. Always a good ploy.

POST#5:
I have no idea if the athletic director knows! From what i have heard he does and it doesnt matter

From what I heard, you're a fucking idiot.

POST#6:
I just hope that lake braddock finds a good fit with a experienced coach so they can succeed!

Oh yes, lets hope so. Since you're all heart and stuff and just want whats best with no agenda at all.

You're either 1) a pissed off Mom 2) a pissed off Dad or 3) a pissed off grandparent/aunt/uncle/neighbor. In any event, you remain an idiot.

Date: December 30, 2011 01:14PM

Ok in the know you guessed it i dont have a kid there amd im a pissed off parent? How did i start a rumor by asking if fisher was run off your the idiot that would be a question not a statement you ass! They have had more than that and there are girls from my understanding on the bench! I really could give two craps about you or your stupidity! So go away nobody really cares that there is some idiot on here who has no clue about what they are talking about! Read up on google. My oh my what a dummy who makes war out of nothing! I find you very funny!

Date: December 30, 2011 01:16PM

Sounds like a coach to me! Lol

Date: December 30, 2011 01:18PM

I dont think being nasty is the answer.
Perhaps someone who knows the coach or athletic director should suggest a confidential survey sent now to both last year and this years parents on how to improve things. Everyone can learn somethng from every situation.

Date: December 30, 2011 01:29PM

hoopsandmore Wrote:
> I dont think being nasty is the answer.
> Perhaps someone who knows the coach or athletic
> director should suggest a confidential survey sent
> now to both last year and this years parents on
> how to improve things. Everyone can learn somethng
> from every situation.

I don't think spreading rumors and innuendo is the answer either, but that didn't stop you, did it? Why would parental input be so important to you, if you weren't just a typical helicopter parent who brought your video recorder to the game and your kid barely played?

You grow more and more transparent with each post.

Did you learn anything from coming to an anonymous forum to bitch about LB basketball yet, Mom?

Date: December 30, 2011 01:36PM

The suggestion was made cause PVI said parents were upset with program. So a logical solution is get feedback from them. You are pretty angry so your connection must be tight.

Date: December 30, 2011 01:45PM

I was not at any game so get over yourself in the know! I have not started anything you did! I merely asked two simple questions and others started nasty stuff not me! Im not a female you idiot! I have not once said that the coach is bad i would have no clue nor do i really care! So if you want to hash this out you can pm me and give up your identity! I never once said anything bad about this team! I hope they have success with the coach! So why dont you be gone and stop trying to start more stuff over a simple question!

Date: December 30, 2011 01:47PM

Oh and spreading rumors a question is spreading rumors are you serious or just mental? I am done with you and your nasty posts!

Date: December 30, 2011 01:51PM

There is an obvious problem here. For everyones sake lets hope it gets better

Date: December 30, 2011 01:58PM

To all on here who are civilized i never meant for two simple questions to get to where this went! Sorry that this started a war over nothing! The questions i asked had no bearing on if this coach is good or bad! It had to with why so many diffrent coaches! Maybe its parents, coaches leaving for personal reasons etc.... I hope this school succeeds i truly have no personal intrest aka a child there etc.... I watch my alma matter from many moons ago that is all! So again sorry that some took this to a whole diffrent level!

Posted by: PVI2013 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:17PM

In the Know sounds like the coach or a member of the coaching staff.

Sorry, but I agree that a change needs to be made with coaching staff.
I dont care who is sitting on the bench or who is playing, that doesnt need to be discussed on a message board.

The talent is in the school, the school has 2500 kids, it needs a coach who can bring the talent out.

Getting the talent out of the players that you have as well as recruiting additional talent from within the school is critical to the success of the program.

Most of the parents in the program, as well as past alumni, feel that the current coaching staff does not have that ability. They are not exprienced enough to know how to run a successfull program. The administration should have regognized that before they made the hire.

This team under the current coaching staff, was not competitive last year or have they been this year, it is time for a change.

Date: December 30, 2011 02:28PM

I agree that it does sound like that but I asked why so many coaching turnovers and this led to people believing that it was about how bad a coach is! That is not what it meant AT ALL! Maybe it has been due to parents kids coaches etc who knows! Some came on here just nasty nasty! No need for that! If it is a coach that is saying kids suck then that is even more nuts! The pm that I have recieved from Fairfax dude is crazy! I AGAIN am not a parent!

Posted by: Nixon and Clinton ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:42PM

I am not a crook
I did not have relations with that young lady
I AGAIN am not a parent (of a kid that plays, but a talented kid on the bench)

Posted by: makeadifference ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:44PM

I do have close ties to the program. People generally use these boards when they feel they have no voice. That is the underlying message here. There is both a perception and a communications problem. I am sure the coaching staff are dedicated and hardworking. No one takes these jobs for the money. But anyone associated with this program should NOT say that any team member sucks. That is certainly not what the staff says. Every member of that team deserves respect from their teammates, coaches, and parents. Not everyone can be a gifted athlete. And no team at this level can succeed without 10-12 girls who will commit to hard work. Shame on the person who said someone sucks. Everyone on that team has some skills or would not be there. Teams are made better in practice. And you never know who could develop over a season or a year. For the sake of these girls I pray that is not someone working on program.

Date: December 30, 2011 02:55PM

Guess in the know doesnt want to give up identity! My oh my such a nasty person im sure your child would love to know the trash mouth you have! They would be mortified! But you resort to trash talking children AMAZING! Guess you are

#1) A parent of a child who must be the best on team!

#2) A personal friend of coaching staff!

#3) A coach!

#4) Or a parent who just likes to stir up drama over nothing!

Oh and you must be a GREAT DAD!

Date: December 30, 2011 03:02PM

I DO NOT i repeat DO NOT HAVE A CHILD on the team! It was an honest question about why these coaches are not around too long! It could be parents etc... and your right no child should be bad mouthed EVER! I went to LB many many moons ago and it was a great school and I follow the sports program for all! There is no personal vendetta here! A simple question which leads to people bad mouthing etc... I was attacked for asking a question which I find CRAZY!

Oh Nixon and Clinton we know your fairfax dude or in the know really!

Posted by: in the now ()
Date: December 30, 2011 05:14PM

their website does not have any Seniors!!
did they not have this problem few years back?!
Chantilly and Oakton have super strong youth programs, LB does not, ever look at that as a cause for COACH TURNOVER ?!

Date: December 30, 2011 05:20PM

The rising seniors did not return.

Posted by: Ancient Bruin ()
Date: December 30, 2011 05:23PM

20 some years ago, Laura Teter, Audrey McDowell, Karen Jenkins, Collette Cunningham et al lead the Lady Bruins all the way to the state championships in Richmond with a furious late run.

This thread saddens me...

Date: December 30, 2011 05:28PM

How great to hear that LB was at states. Inspiring

Date: December 30, 2011 05:42PM

Ancient Bruin yes they did and any LB alumni is proud of that fact! My hopes are for LB to do it again with this coach or any coach for that matter! Sorry some on here blew this way out of porportion!

Date: December 30, 2011 05:49PM

In the NOW since you so like to change your name! What does there not being any seniors have to do with it! I dont think coach turnovers have any bearing on that! The youth programs have nothing to do with coach turnovers! You are on a mission to create unecessary drama that we are all tired of hearing about! Why dont you keep your opinions to yourself from now on and maybe go coach you sound like you would be great cussing and saying kids suck! Since you have a personal vendetta against people its very obvious to me you have unresolved anger issues!

Date: December 30, 2011 05:52PM

On to the ORIGINAL issue that was brought up! The coach turnover could be parents pressing the issue I have no clue or it could be that there is an issue within the system! I have no clue about Derick fisher but after him it seems that they just keep losing coaches!

Posted by: Enough! ()
Date: December 30, 2011 06:42PM

Lay off the !!!'s. I'm thinking you must be a student/player.

Posted by: LB96 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 07:04PM

Lake Braddock was very good in womens basketball back in the day.

Trowbridge teams in the late 80s and 90s were very good, winning the States in 1989.She always had some very good teams and competed for the Region title every year.She also had some great players, Teter, Cunningham, Mortlock, McClintock, Jarrett, Quigley to name a few.

Fishers teams were usually competitive, they won the region in 2003. Overall he did a really good job. He had some good players, Saup, Robertson, Dye, Lindemuth, Quigley, Payne.He chose to leave, he was not forced out.

Posted by: tiredofintheknow ()
Date: December 30, 2011 07:06PM

Maybe who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really making me laugh now you change your name to mine thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: enoughenough5 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 07:09PM

Thank you for the information I was asking from earlier LB96. Its nice to have a human answer these questions.

Date: December 30, 2011 07:18PM

It is great to hear about success

Date: December 30, 2011 07:19PM

I hope LB will one day again be successful they deserve it! Since nobody other than a few want this to be a decent conversation im done being on this thread too many trolls and unwanted useful nasty people. Good luck to LB I wish for much success for that program and all the others.

Date: December 30, 2011 07:21PM

To my imposter heres to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 30, 2011 08:08PM

Other than some people being nasty people are making good points. I hope the admnistration takes note

Posted by: drama ()
Date: December 30, 2011 08:58PM

I know who in the know is

Posted by: ilikewatchinglbgirlsbball ()
Date: December 30, 2011 10:42PM

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

Posted by: bs ()
Date: December 31, 2011 12:50AM

I am calling this entire thread BS. I come on here from time to time and this site never generates 77 comments on a girls basketball team. And in one day. If you were discussing football maybe. At the end of the day if you want to fix the high school program then fix the feeder program first. Who runs BRYC girls? A parent who's kid no longer goes to LB and a bunch of Robinson parents. How's their bball team? My point exactly.

Date: December 31, 2011 10:05AM

You should never assume that no one cares cause its gurls basketball. Girls sports matter too

Posted by: youth ()
Date: December 31, 2011 11:11AM

If the youth programs are a problem, why are two Lake Braddock girls playing for PVI?

Date: December 31, 2011 11:17AM

The answer to that is obvious

Posted by: LBalumni ()
Date: December 31, 2011 11:52AM

I am sure the administrators at Lake Braddock are aware of how unhappy and disappointed everyone is with the coaching and the direction the program is going and will make a change after the season.

They made a mistake with hiring a inexperienced coach and it hasnt worked out.

The proof is in the product that is on the court. Its not very good.
The confusion, players not knowing what to do, not using time-outs. That is a reflection of the coaching. They have the players, you can clearly see that, they just need a coach who can develope the talent and to put it all together.

The school the size of Lake Braddock should be competing for District and Regional titles every year.

Posted by: Coach b ()
Date: December 31, 2011 11:58AM

How did this thread get so out of control? If i have read correctly it started out asking why so many coach turnovers. It has now led to slander about children and bad coaching. Maybe im missing something but there seems to be a lot of anger about this WOW.

Date: December 31, 2011 12:36PM

Lb Alumni

Problem is both the short and long-term impact on the girls. Many upset and all afraid to speak up. Runs much deeper than anything posted so far.

Posted by: BigMac ()
Date: December 31, 2011 02:13PM

Derrick Fisher left 5 years ago. He was done. The last year he was there he was not into coaching anymore and it showed.
Harris was hired and given the 3 years all coaches are given before they decided to replace him. He is now at Stafford and having the same problems he had at LB. NO Control.
New coach has VERY little exsperience coaching. She played and has playing exsperence but coaching and playing not the same. 2 years as asst. on Madison and 1 season as head coach of AAU team (Does not do AAU anymore)
I was one of the final 4 when she was hired. I have way more exsperience coaching but LB wanted a women. Give her a chance, I think she can do the job but needs time. She will be there at least one more year.
No seniors because they did not want to sit on bench again as they did last season. To bad as there was talent there. Best Frosh coming in this year went to PVI because of coaching problems

Date: December 31, 2011 02:50PM

For the most part it is never a good idea to hire anyone because they are a woman, man, etc. Generally best to hire most experienced candidate. Nothing personal, just a statement that is generally true. Why were the talented playwrs on the bench?

Posted by: BigMac ()
Date: December 31, 2011 02:56PM

You would have to ask the coach.

Date: December 31, 2011 03:03PM

From what I heard the parents did

Posted by: Coach b ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:28PM

Why do you think she will be there next year?

Posted by: lb observer ()
Date: December 31, 2011 04:17PM

I am pretty sure the current coach will not be back next year. She will either leave on her own or be asked to leave. Normally you get 3 years to get things right, but this is going from bad to worse and the players and the program are suffering.

1. To many problems with the direction of the program and she doesnt have the experience or the flexibilty to change the direction.
2. She is not in the building, so she has no chance to build any kind of relationships with the players or potential players.

They have someone in building (should have been hired in the first place) who could change the direction of this program next year. They would have the total support of the players as well as the parents and community.

It shouldnt matter if they are male or female. The best person should or should have been hired.

Posted by: the truth is ()
Date: December 31, 2011 04:23PM

BigMac Wrote:
> Derrick Fisher left 5 years ago. He was done. The
> last year he was there he was not into coaching
> anymore and it showed.
> Harris was hired and given the 3 years all coaches
> are given before they decided to replace him. He
> is now at Stafford and having the same problems he
> had at LB. NO Control.
> New coach has VERY little exsperience coaching.
> She played and has playing exsperence but coaching
> and playing not the same. 2 years as asst. on
> Madison and 1 season as head coach of AAU team
> (Does not do AAU anymore)
> I was one of the final 4 when she was hired. I
> have way more exsperience coaching but LB wanted a
> women. Give her a chance, I think she can do the
> job but needs time. She will be there at least one
> more year.
> No seniors because they did not want to sit on
> bench again as they did last season. To bad as
> there was talent there. Best Frosh coming in this
> year went to PVI because of coaching problems

At a great program like Madison, 2 years as an assistant is a considerable amount of experience. I watch a lot of girls basketball, from an x's and o's point the 2 years as an assistant and a lengthy playing career should more than adequately be enough for a high school coach to know what they are doing.

Now if we're not talking x's and o's and are talking interpersonal skills, game management, etc. than that is a different story.

Posted by: not Rocky ()
Date: December 31, 2011 04:33PM

Stop lobbying for Rocky, he is not helping girls basketball nor has he recently.

It is these PITA parents driving away coaches.

Date: December 31, 2011 04:33PM

The truth is the interpersonal and game management skills matter more. They have the most direct and most compelling impact on the kids. Not saying it is one way or the other at the school. Just there is more to it than skills developmemt

Posted by: Crazy ()
Date: December 31, 2011 06:41PM

How is it the PTA parents when the team has only one parent part of it?

Date: December 31, 2011 06:52PM

What PTA parent is part of it?

Posted by: not Rocky ()
Date: December 31, 2011 09:05PM

Not PTA, PITA = Pain In The Ass parents, most of last years and this Senior's parents.

Regardless, team will have 6 to 7 wins fmax or next several years.

Date: December 31, 2011 10:40PM

There is no seniors this year to my knowledge?

Date: December 31, 2011 10:58PM

Oh the politics in youth sports does it ever end? I dont think anyone can blame the parents until they know 100% that they were the cause of it. I need visual proof until then I dont believe anyone is to blame. You are correct in saying not many wins but who knows.

Date: December 31, 2011 11:31PM

From all these postings, there is obviously a perceived problem. Most parents, not all, are just as concerned with the experience of kids as they are wins and losses. They want thngs to be fair and for adults and school leaders to set a good example. If what the person said about talented upperclassman being benched last year and perhaps to some extent this year is true, then that is where problems started.

Date: December 31, 2011 11:33PM

I had to come back to find out if notrocky is in the know with yet another name change?

Pages: 1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.