HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
IT or programming job without clearance?
Posted by: zoen703 ()
Date: December 28, 2011 01:29AM

Thinking of switching majors to comp sci or IT. I have a drunk in public and possession of mary j on my record before I attended college. Do basically all IT/programming jobs in this area require extensive background checks and what percentage includes clearances? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 01:36AM by zoen703.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IT or programming job without clearance?
Posted by: not impossible ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:27AM

Im not sure about how many require a clearance, I know a lot do but you can get IT jobs that arent with the government.

But those charges alone wont automatically exclude you from getting a clearance unless your possession charge was a felony. Im assuming you were a teenager when they happened and while the local governments will hold it against you big time the feds often will be fine with it if thats all you have, you are upfront about it, have learned your lesson and dont do that stuff anymore and it was a few years ago.

Criminal history for clearances is only really important for certain crimes or an extensive history. The purpose is more to make sure that theres nothing you have that you would be so ashamed of that you could be blackmailed into selling things or doing something. That said it may be harder right now to get one with those charges but its not impossible. If however you decide to try and hide any of it youll have a 0 percent chance

Posted by: Buddy Shiba ()
Date: December 28, 2011 04:15AM

I once worked with a guy who was still on probation for some serious felonies that he had committed almost 7 years prior, he didn't seem to have a problem getting a secret security clearance.

What the previous posted said is absolutely correct, if you try to hide it you're toast, be honest and upfront about it and it shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by: D.A.R.E ()
Date: December 28, 2011 04:40AM

Don't forget they ask you about drug use going back 7(?) years on a secret. It isn't just what you got caught doing.

Another thing to remember when tempted to lie is that this is your first job. In 15 years when you get a new position that requires a polygraph and you reveal something inconsistent with you past sworn statements, it could lead to some problems.

Plus what I've heard is that recreational drug use in college is only a minor issue when they review these things.

Date: December 28, 2011 11:21AM

Ok is a background check the same thing as a clearance? Or is clearance more extensive? If they're different, do some IT or programming jobs just do a background check without a clearance check?

Yeah I caught with weed when I was a minor and it wasn't a felony but it's still on my record. The public intoxication was when I was 18. I'll be graduating when I'm 25, so that's seven years from my last offense. How far back do background checks and clearances go back? 5 years? 7 years? 10 years? Sorry for all the noob questions, I'm in the dark about all this. Thanks for the responses!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 11:26AM by zoen703.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: December 28, 2011 11:48AM

Background checks are not the same as a clearance. Most companies do a background check before creating a job offer.

For a clearance, the time frames vary. For example, felonies always need to be reported regardless of timing. But things like drug use... I think either 7 or 10 years depending on the level.

As other have mentioned, the most important thing is being honest and upfront. And if you are still using, stop.

Last, don't focus entirely on java... I'd suggest spending time learning C as well. And since most colleges teach java now, it may have to be on your own.

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: December 28, 2011 11:57AM

Anyone getting a "background" check is getting the equivalent of a light security clearance check. A real security clearance check will be more thorough. A high security check even more thorough.

I've never knowingly had a "background" check nor even know why a company would bother in the vast majority of cases - maybe I'm just an old fart, though. Then again, doing a "background" check apparently is as easy as clickety-clicking an online site or two that specialize in such things so maybe it isn't much bother or cost anyway.

I had a security clearance check that took about 6 weeks total from application to cleared - other than the ridiculous form I filled out I have no idea what else was done for the check - my neighbors at the time, for example, were NOT interviewed. I do NOT remember ANY questions about drug use et al, though there might have been something on the form about arrests or convictions of any type. Since my father had security clearances up the wazoo I think The Gummamint probably had a very current profile of me already. This was a long time ago, BTW, so maybe They have gotten more anal about these things.

If I were to try to get a clearance now-a-days and I, as sub-21-year-old, had done something "incorrect", I probably wouldn't fret about it too much.

------------

It's not clear to me why the government would care about drugs or sex too much - from what I've seen of the folks that have "gone bad" (and been caught at it) it's either (1) politics, (2) loyalty to another country, or (3) money (and usually a stupidly small amount of money, IMHO). Maybe They use drugs and sex to catch the liars or something.

Or maybe the ones we READ about are just the tip of the iceberg and drugs and sex really ARE important factors for security breaches...I don't think so, though.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: December 28, 2011 11:58AM

Java is a good starting point as far as the logic is concerned, but you won't be using the language too much in the field. NOVA offers Java and C, but GMU only wants the Java course. Look into Python too.

Date: December 28, 2011 12:05PM

Genevieve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last, don't focus entirely on java... I'd suggest
> spending time learning C as well. And since most
> colleges teach java now, it may have to be on your
> own.

Lol! Though WAY off-topic that for SURE sounds like solid advice!

I've been a software developer/consultant for, like, 30 years and time after time after time I run into C - still - massively more so than Java or C++ or C#. Even when Java (the most frequent "other language" now-a-days) is present there has ALWAYS been a large C component to whatever software environment the Java was used in.

Since the OP discusses "switching" majors I'd strongly note that Computer Science is an actual science, not a programming, curriculum. It is closer to math than some of the other Information Technology majors (which often ARE programming courses oriented toward business). In THIS Northern Virginia area telecommunications and, strangely, biological science stuff reigns supreme - a degree aimed there can't hurt!

Date: December 28, 2011 12:09PM

I'm at Mason and looked at both IT and CS curriculum. Apparently you will have to take Python and Java along with math req like discrete, calc 3, and linear algebra if you want to pursue comp sci. Do you really need a degree for IT? I've heard a sizable percentage of IT employers only care about certs.

Date: December 28, 2011 12:15PM

zoen703 Wrote:
> I'm at Mason and looked at both IT and CS
> curriculum. Apparently you will have to take
> Python and Java along with math req like discrete,
> calc 3, and linear algebra if you want to pursue
> comp sci. Do you really need a degree for IT? I've
> heard a sizable percentage of IT employers only
> care about certs.

Well what do you actually want to do? IT is really vague.

My boyfriend has no degree, no certs, and is extremely successful. But he is also very driven...

And do you ever want to move into management? That usually requires a degree.

Date: December 28, 2011 12:23PM

Olde Farte Wrote:
> Genevieve Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Last, don't focus entirely on java... I'd
> suggest
> > spending time learning C as well. And since
> most
> > colleges teach java now, it may have to be on
> your
> > own.
>
> Lol! Though WAY off-topic that for SURE sounds
> like solid advice!
>
> I've been a software developer/consultant for,
> like, 30 years and time after time after time I
> run into C - still - massively more so than Java
> or C++ or C#. Even when Java (the most frequent
> "other language" now-a-days) is present there has
> ALWAYS been a large C component to whatever
> software environment the Java was used in.
>
> Since the OP discusses "switching" majors I'd
> strongly note that Computer Science is an actual
> science, not a programming, curriculum. It is
> closer to math than some of the other Information
> Technology majors (which often ARE programming
> courses oriented toward business). In THIS
> Northern Virginia area telecommunications and,
> strangely, biological science stuff reigns supreme
> - a degree aimed there can't hurt!

So a comp sci degree isn't that helpful in landing a job in the area? Would you recommend just teaching myself programming and earning my certs?

Date: December 28, 2011 12:28PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> zoen703 Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm at Mason and looked at both IT and CS
> > curriculum. Apparently you will have to take
> > Python and Java along with math req like
> discrete,
> > calc 3, and linear algebra if you want to
> pursue
> > comp sci. Do you really need a degree for IT?
> I've
> > heard a sizable percentage of IT employers only
> > care about certs.
>
>
> Well what do you actually want to do? IT is
> really vague.
>
> My boyfriend has no degree, no certs, and is
> extremely successful. But he is also very
> driven...
>
> And do you ever want to move into management?
> That usually requires a degree.

Thanks for the info. I know we are veering off from the actual thread topic but gained a lot of insight. Tbh I really don't know. I guess I'm trying to weigh possible options. What about Information Systems?

Date: December 28, 2011 12:46PM

zoen703 Wrote:
> I'm at Mason and looked at both IT and CS
> curriculum. Apparently you will have to take
> Python and Java along with math req like discrete,
> calc 3, and linear algebra if you want to pursue
> comp sci. Do you really need a degree for IT? I've
> heard a sizable percentage of IT employers only
> care about certs.

Though I'm not intimately familiar with GMU, I do know it has had a real Computer Science curriculum for quite some time (a friend/collegue got his CMSC PhD there). If you want a Computer Science degree then it's a fine place to get one.

Having typed that, it doesn't sound at all like you want a real Computer Science degree. Instead, you are career-aiming more so than academic-aiming, as such a degre in an IT field might be more appropriate - you will still have to do SOME math and you will get SOME theory, but an IT degree will be closer to vocational training with content aimed at the type of programming/skills to make it in the corporate world. For example, back in MY college days there was Information and Systems Management which taught database and business programming, with side requirements of basic busness courses; it is unlikely a CMCS degree requires business courses.

Havign typed THAT, however, you could always shoot for the stars and get a BS/BA in IT then go on for an MBA. Having an MBA can open a LOT of doors.

Date: December 28, 2011 12:52PM

zoen703 Wrote:
> So a comp sci degree isn't that helpful in landing
> a job in the area?

Pardon - I would NOT want to give that impression at all - a CMSC degree undoubtedly gets your resume a second look in this area since it is a technical degree often considered "higher level" than an Information Technology degree (itself a techie degree). And =any= techie degree will get you more of a look than either no degree or a non-techie degree (like, say, History), depending on the type of position you are trying to get.

Date: December 28, 2011 01:05PM

Olde Farte Wrote:
> zoen703 Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm at Mason and looked at both IT and CS
> > curriculum. Apparently you will have to take
> > Python and Java along with math req like
> discrete,
> > calc 3, and linear algebra if you want to
> pursue
> > comp sci. Do you really need a degree for IT?
> I've
> > heard a sizable percentage of IT employers only
> > care about certs.
>
> Though I'm not intimately familiar with GMU, I do
> know it has had a real Computer Science curriculum
> for quite some time (a friend/collegue got his
> CMSC PhD there). If you want a Computer Science
> degree then it's a fine place to get one.
>
> Having typed that, it doesn't sound at all like
> you want a real Computer Science degree. Instead,
> you are career-aiming more so than
> academic-aiming, as such a degre in an IT field
> might be more appropriate - you will still have to
> do SOME math and you will get SOME theory, but an
> IT degree will be closer to vocational training
> with content aimed at the type of
> programming/skills to make it in the corporate
> world. For example, back in MY college days there
> was Information and Systems Management which
> taught database and business programming, with
> side requirements of basic busness courses; it is
> unlikely a CMCS degree requires business courses.
>
> Havign typed THAT, however, you could always shoot
> for the stars and get a BS/BA in IT then go on for
> an MBA. Having an MBA can open a LOT of doors.

Thanks for your input. I've already satisfied all the math requirements if
I were to pursue an IT degree at GMU (Only Calc I). Most of my friends who currently are pursuing CS are having trouble with the upper level math classes (particularly Calc 2 & 3) but no probs with their core CS classes. For those that work in the techie world, how often do you integrate stuff like integrals and derivatives into your work? MBA sounds like a scary proposition since that's even more years of school combined with saddling even more debt.

Date: December 28, 2011 01:37PM

zoen703 Wrote:
> ...For those that work in the techie world, how often do you integrate stuff
> like integrals and derivatives into your work? MBA sounds like a scary
> proposition since that's even more years of school combined with saddling even
> more debt.

I think I've never overtly used derivatives nor integrals in my work-life programming work, though at places like A Big Local Mortgage Company I did statistics stuff that may have had some roots in those; I'd just look into a book like "Numerical Recipes in C" if I had to go far that way, though - a problem with same, though, is that often formulas are implemented exactly as written with no attempt at optimization. Note that "optimization" is one of those things you should learn in a CMSC curriculum (numerical analysis) that you may not learn in an IT curriculum. Note, too, that graduate work in Computer Science easily can require knowledge of derivatives and integrals and how to digitally implement them (as did mine).

As far as the MBA degree goes, that could be taken while on the job after getting your techie degree. Just about any place that discusses "enhanced career options" or whatever mentions getting the MBA as a golden key for opening doors.

Posted by: Random Thoughts ()
Date: December 28, 2011 01:39PM

You need to focus on what you really want to do in the IT field. Do you want to do life-cycle and/or analytical work (requirements analyses, design documents, feasibility studies, database design...) or do you want to do heavy-duty programming (or whatever CS types do)? If the former, get an IT degree; if the latter, get a CS degree. In any case, if you want to progress into management, you will need a degree of some sort.

There has been a lot discussion here on other threads as to the value of certifications. You might want to look at those threads. In any case, get a degree, get your first job, and see what you like to do. Don't jump into an MS degree or an MBA until you've nailed that down and you have some experience.

Personally, I liked to see a well-rounded person when I was interviewing and - frankly - someone who wasn't too "weird" (there's a lot of weird people in the IT field). It is really important to be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to have common sense (strangely lacking in many people), especially if you want to progress into management.

Date: December 28, 2011 01:42PM

Olde Farte Wrote:
> I think I've never overtly used derivatives nor
> integrals in my work-life programming work

WAITAMINUTE - I just recalled that one of my first interviews I was required to program, in LISP, a function that could integrate an input (symbolic) function. So I guess I did use - once - that math education!

[find the derivative/integral of, say, "(sin (times x x))" or something like that...or should that have been typed as '(sin (times x x)) ?]

Posted by: robon ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:01PM

true above.
I worked at the department of state and White house. (support staff)
the went back 7 years. I took 3 months for me to be allowe to work there.'
I had to ask for additional papers to put all the stupid shit that I had done.
it was truly stupid teenage stuff!
I got hired!!

Date: December 28, 2011 02:03PM

Random Thoughts Wrote:
>
> Personally, I liked to see a well-rounded person
> when I was interviewing and - frankly - someone
> who wasn't too "weird" (there's a lot of weird
> people in the IT field). It is really important to
> be able to communicate effectively, both verbally
> and in writing, and to have common sense
> (strangely lacking in many people), especially if
> you want to progress into management.

Aren't many techies stereotyped as being a bit on the eccentric side? Some of the students here may deviate from the norm in terms of appearances but I can't recall feeling endangered (yet). Though I've met one or two who fall into "creepy weird" (hard to put into words but felt like they could be prime candidates for future predator behavior)

Date: December 28, 2011 02:05PM

robon Wrote:
> true above.
> I worked at the department of state and White
> house. (support staff)
> the went back 7 years. I took 3 months for me to
> be allowe to work there.'
> I had to ask for additional papers to put all the
> stupid shit that I had done.
> it was truly stupid teenage stuff!
> I got hired!!

Gives me hope! Why do they only go back 7 years? Why don't companies just check your entire history? Yeah I partied too much and got a bit wild during my teen years. I just felt that prospective employers would look at my mary j possession and think he/she is dealing with someone from Dazed and Confused.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 02:07PM by zoen703.

Date: December 28, 2011 02:10PM

zoen703 Wrote:
> Random Thoughts Wrote:
> -----.
> >
> > Personally, I liked to see a well-rounded
> person
> > when I was interviewing and - frankly - someone
> > who wasn't too "weird" (there's a lot of weird
> > people in the IT field).
>
> Aren't many techies stereotyped as being a bit on
> the eccentric side?

+1

I think that if you eliminate the weird, you are also eliminating some of the best candidates.

Posted by: Phreak ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:21PM

I've never known any good computer programmer or IT guy that wasn't weird.

If the guy looks normal and has a sparkling record than he's probably not what you want programming for you.

Posted by: Random Thoughts ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:31PM

Genevieve Wrote:
>
> I think that if you eliminate the weird, you are
> also eliminating some of the best candidates.

Possibly. Depends on what you want them to do. If you want to put them in front of the client, they have to be at least marginally presentable. If they're just writing code all day, and they are good at it, you can probably tolerate weird. But personally I've found that a lot of the weird guys have serious communication deficits and lack common sense (let alone business sense). To each his own.

Posted by: Manager ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:34PM

Random Thoughts Wrote:
> Genevieve Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > I think that if you eliminate the weird, you
> are
> > also eliminating some of the best candidates.
>
> Possibly. Depends on what you want them to do. If
> you want to put them in front of the client, they
> have to be at least marginally presentable. If
> they're just writing code all day, and they are
> good at it, you can probably tolerate weird. But
> personally I've found that a lot of the weird guys
> have serious communication deficits and lack
> common sense (let alone business sense). To each
> his own.

That's what "project managers" are for, not IT guys.

Posted by: not impossible ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:34PM

zoen703 Wrote:

>
> Gives me hope! Why do they only go back 7 years?
> Why don't companies just check your entire
> history? Yeah I partied too much and got a bit
> wild during my teen years. I just felt that
> prospective employers would look at my mary j
> possession and think he/she is dealing with
> someone from Dazed and Confused.

Because the feds understand that you can mess up when your a kid. If you were under the age of 23 during your drug use it wont be a big problem unless you were using all the time.

Plus if you just need a secret clearance everybody gets those. Theyre more a name than anything theyll even approve those before doing the check.

Posted by: DanielLee5 ()
Date: October 10, 2018 03:22AM

Programming professions have way bigger potential comparing to the time when this topic was lauched, and outsourcing became a usual practice in IT companies. The salaries are really decent (here's the latest statistics https://diceus.com/python-developer-salary/ ), meanwhile programming industry changes every day, it's very mudable.

Posted by: 4h74u ()
Date: October 10, 2018 01:31PM

zoen703 Wrote:
> Thinking of switching majors to comp sci or IT. I
> have a drunk in public and possession of mary j on
> my record before I attended college. Do basically
> all IT/programming jobs in this area require
> extensive background checks and what percentage
> includes clearances? Any input would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

join DNC. marry into a political family or do work on their house "they don't have to pay for"

you'll soon have a job at Google !

Posted by: get real loosers ()
Date: October 10, 2018 01:36PM

Microsoft and Others are WELL KNOWN to post fake job ads "requiring experience and certification" with their products with high pay.

Another trick is gov is required to post job ads but the person to fill the job is a "picked winner", which also helps Microsoft post fake IT ads.

ALL or most IT job offerings are TROLL posts at any given printing (or time) of the classified.

The real IT jobs kept tightly under hat - not given to "qualified people" - given out politically.

Posted by: Mark Reed ()
Date: July 29, 2019 01:37AM

Manager Wrote:
> Random Thoughts Wrote:
> -----
> > Genevieve Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> > > I think that if you eliminate the weird, you
> > are
> > > also eliminating some of the best candidates.
> >
> > Possibly. Depends on what you want them to do.
> If
> > you want to put them in front of the client,
> they
> > have to be at least marginally presentable. If
> > they're just writing code all day, and they are
> > good at it, you can probably tolerate weird.
> But
> > personally I've found that a lot of the weird
> guys
> > have serious communication deficits and lack
> > common sense (let alone business sense). To
> each
> > his own.
>
> That's what "project managers" are for, not IT
> guys.

If we talk about this seriously, it is this format that is now in demand among employers. It is much more efficient to hire a full team of outsourced programmers for companies with typical software development in stages - https://echoua.com As a rule, this also includes the project manager, so as not to slow down the work on organizational aspects. If you carefully read computer news, you will see that this is already a common practice.

Posted by: Lil' Dong ()
Date: February 25, 2020 06:04PM

Guys, what's your attitude on outsourcing software development? I just think that sometimes it's irrational to develop things on your own. Isn't it a good idea to hire an it software outsourcing company? Share your opinions.

Posted by: Move to WV ()
Date: February 25, 2020 07:38PM

The IT jobs are becoming remote work, the cost of living in DC is too high. Guys who can write a coherent sentence are available for half the price in Tampa, WV, and flyover country.

Posted by: k ()
Date: March 07, 2020 03:53PM

buy a Huwaie phone - those are made completely without clearance

Posted by: Almost heaven West Virginia ()
Date: March 07, 2020 04:09PM

Move to WV Wrote:
> The IT jobs are becoming remote work, the cost of
> living in DC is too high. Guys who can write a
> coherent sentence are available for half the price
> in Tampa, WV, and flyover country.

yazzzz

Posted by: Urgent Warning ()
Date: March 07, 2020 06:24PM

LEAVE YOUR HOME
CARRY GUNS WATER MEDS FOOD
GO SOUTH UV LIGHT KILLS THE BUG
GO
NOW!

Posted by: Andre Arsen ()
Date: July 29, 2020 05:25PM

I know of only one company that faithfully fulfills orders with full understanding of the customer's wishes. I ordered fintech software development services from them and was very satisfied. I recommend you to follow the link https://inveritasoft.com/industries/fintech and to read more. Indeed, this software has helped me save a lot of time and money.

Posted by: I wish a buck was still silver ()
Date: July 29, 2020 07:15PM

Move to WV Wrote:
> The IT jobs are becoming remote work, the cost of
> living in DC is too high. Guys who can write a
> coherent sentence are available for half the price
> in Tampa, WV, and flyover country.

This was true on 2/25, it's 1000x more true on 7/29. Everyone is working at home and productivity is skyrocketing. Agencies and companies are looking to reduce their commercial office space and let people work from home indefinitely. The Carolinas are full of tech workers willing to do your job for two thirds of the pay.

Posted by: Fragile Cat ()
Date: September 05, 2020 10:43PM

I want to change major and start doing programming too. This field is quite large, interesting and you will always be in demand. Also, it will be useful if you conduct any business. Of course, it's better to hire specialists like React.js development company https://clockwise.software/react-development-company/ if you need, say, high-quality software. But for minor tasks, even college knowledge will be enough.

Posted by: Bill Shiphrrered ()
Date: September 21, 2020 11:29AM

Sure, I can share with you a little story of my own. I have a small family business that I would like to modernize and expand a little through the mobile app. So a wonderful java development company came in handy with that. I've got all my requirements in deadlines. True experts helped me to realize all my ideas and concepts.

Posted by: IT Retired and glad of it ()
Date: September 21, 2020 08:03PM

I recently retired from IT. The thing with IT is keeping up can be a moving target so be prepared to learn the next latest and greatest. It can pay off big if you have experience in something cutting edge,in demand,that no one else has. It doesn't hurt to be skilled in programming,system analysis and design, as well as being up on databases, usage,design and administration. Also OS platform knowledge can be a big plus (mainframe,Windows,Unix,Linux,etc) Security and network engineers also are in demand. Everything is moving or has moved to the cloud so I would add cloud computing and storage to the list. The term IT wraps up a lot of technologies,all which can pay well.

As far as a clearance is concerned there are jobs in IT that don't require one but having one even if you are relatively low skilled will make it easier to get a job. A clearance can command more money and if your skills are in demand then those can be leveraged into a clearance.

Posted by: Never out source ever ()
Date: September 21, 2020 08:14PM

I've worked with a lot of IT out source companies. As an IT manager I would much rather hire an in-house employer or contractor. With out sourcing you never know what you are getting,and who you are dealing with and it is much more difficult to control a project. I would never out source to a different country. Been there done that and it was a disaster.

Posted by: Marcus ()
Date: September 23, 2020 01:55AM

Special clearance might be required if you were applying for jobs in the banking sector or the FBI. There is a special security service that is very picky about even simple violations. However, if you are striving for ecommerce development, then these incidents will never be a problem, especially since it was a long time ago. The main thing is that you know well what you will work with)) I looked at the statistics of one of the leading developers for ecommerce projects ( https://itdelight.com/ ). It turns out Magneto is on the list of leaders in demand now. I myself have already thought about how to update my knowledge and get a similar job remotely)

Posted by: ETRERT ()
Date: September 23, 2020 02:13AM

Microsoft and Others are WELL KNOWN to post fake job ads "requiring experience and certification" with their products with high pay.

Another trick is gov is required to post job ads but the person to fill the job is a "picked winner", which also helps Microsoft post fake IT ads.

ALL or most IT job offerings are TROLL posts at any given printing (or time) of the classified.

The real IT jobs kept tightly under hat - not given to "qualified people" - given out politically.

AND OH, BTW, DROP DEAD G2 - STOP ILLEGALLY SPAMMING FFU

Posted by: Bill Shiphr ()
Date: October 18, 2020 04:01AM

I would also like to share a little experience on this topic. I sell figures of game characters, which is quite modern and in demand among geeks. However, I don't know anything about software and web design. So I hired a specialist from the Sphere IT team to help me deal with such problems. Now my business has taken off.

Posted by: Gigip ()
Date: November 03, 2020 09:42AM

Thank you a lot for this great and informative topic. I also wanted to add some words about osome as I know that they can be great if you want to save some working time and forget about some tasks. Just visit their website to get more information about them right there and I'm sure that you will love it.

Posted by: Ain't living long like this ()
Date: November 03, 2020 10:06AM

I wish a buck was still silver Wrote:
> Move to WV Wrote:
> -----
> > The IT jobs are becoming remote work, the cost
> of
> > living in DC is too high. Guys who can write a
> > coherent sentence are available for half the
> price
> > in Tampa, WV, and flyover country.
>
>
> This was true on 2/25, it's 1000x more true on
> 7/29. Everyone is working at home and productivity
> is skyrocketing. Agencies and companies are
> looking to reduce their commercial office space
> and let people work from home indefinitely. The
> Carolinas are full of tech workers willing to do
> your job for two thirds of the pay.

Here we are in November, month eight of the anti capitalist shut down, our Federal agency announced for the rebid next year that IT jobs on our projects can be 100% remote. That giant sucking sound is our jobs heading far from the DC area as salaries are slashed. Speculation is that our prime is going to insist on big rate cuts in order to make a competitive bid.

Posted by: Mark H Black ()
Date: November 30, 2020 01:03PM

Hi man. I think I can help you with that. Development costs are changing so quickly that we can't keep up monitoring it. So, for this question, I would recommend you to read this article about ecommerce website development cost breakdown. You will probably find an answer to your question here, so be sure to check it out in your free time. Good luck with finding yourself a reliable job.

Posted by: Asshat and fart dreams ()
Date: November 30, 2020 07:32PM

I think if it is 7 years away from when you apply you should be okay. That how the fat workers got jobs at the daycare at Dept of Energy. They had criminal charges 7 years out and passed the background check. But then somehow got found out and the party was over. Bye bye.

Posted by: NXJE4 ()
Date: November 30, 2020 09:58PM

Posted by: mangoitsolutions ()
Date: February 19, 2021 04:03AM

I think I can help you with that. Development costs are changing so quickly that we can't keep up monitoring it. So, for this question, I would recommend you to read this article about eCommerce website development cost breakdown. You will probably find an answer to your question here, so be sure to check it out in your free time. Good luck with finding yourself a reliable job.

I might have an explanation for that. The money hike in the Website or software development is fluctuating frequently that we are not able to put a view on specifics. I can represent our company which can help you solve this kind of major issues. https://www.mangoitsolutions.com/services/magento-development-company/

Posted by: want a secure life ? ()
Date: February 19, 2021 10:25AM

going gov straight out of school is best bet...

easier to get in, move up fast with tech paths and can move around without losing benes as long as still in governemnt

also, depending on agency, lots of uncleared work

and if ever get hungry to contract or start own company, can make contacts inside gov to get started

java, c, python, unix, networking, cyber, cloud all great things to know

best of luck, don't be a jerk and be kind to your coworkers !

Posted by: Siddie ()
Date: June 05, 2021 06:46AM

I really like everything IT related, and I have been making some websites lately. How do you do that, guys? I like the online website builders with some cool free responsive website templates which I think are pretty good and helpful. Maybe you can give me any tips and advice here, thanks

Posted by: Daniel Brian ()
Date: March 08, 2022 08:01AM

For several years now I have been doing business on the Internet, namely, they sell goods on the Shopify platform. During this time, I learned how to save my time and get more profit in less time. Here you can use the service that I use to create my stores. The most important thing is that these shops always work very well and bring in much more profit than if I created the shops manually. I hope that you will appreciate this website and start using it on a regular basis as I do.

Posted by: 23rgt4234 ()
Date: March 08, 2022 11:23PM

if you are "giving me clearance" and i must pay (even if not)

i am going to get your name and who else you gave clearance to

including the fucking asians, hispanic, muslims etc

DO YOU STILL WANT TO "GIVE ME CLEARANCE"

ARE YOU SURE I WON'T HAVE YOU ARRESTED JUST GETTING YOUR NAME FROM THE MEETING?

Date: April 08, 2022 03:24PM

we are web application development company and can help your IT tasks.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.