HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Yesterdays rose.... community service a scam
Posted by: MADMAN ()
Date: February 19, 2008 10:56PM

I am susposed to do XXXXX amount hours of community service at yesterdays rose. So I have been working there a lot non stop. I have been keeping track of what days ive worked and how long at home. I asked them the other day how many hours I had in and it was A LOT less then what i had on my paper at home, even if i took the 30 minutes off of each day for breaks...... so what should i do about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yesterdays rose.... community service a scam
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 20, 2008 12:05AM

burn the place to the ground.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 20, 2008 01:43AM

I hate to do so, reticent actually, but I agree with Gravis, burn it down, burn it down to Chinatown.

Posted by: native ()
Date: February 20, 2008 02:53AM

I didnt even know we have a thrift shop on main st. I swaer google never fails to amaze me. I hate to be a smart ass(not really) but quit fucking up and you won't have to do community service. See I learned my lesson through ticket fines and thousands of dollars given away to the county for my traffic violations and now I am best friends with Asian drivers on the road. I have been doing payments with the county forever and now down to my last $350 but serously quit fucking up. Next time every time you work have someone sighn a paper that you have worked X number of hours and you wont have any problems.

Posted by: uhm ()
Date: February 20, 2008 07:48AM

Perhaps you should try talking with them first to explain the discrepancy. That will bolster your arsonist case, and perhaps reduce your sentence, in court should it not work out.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 08:21AM

Seriously, get the guy to sign a piece of paper saying 'I showed up at X hour' and then sign again saying 'I left at Y hour.'

The problem with your paper @ home is that the guy can accuse you of making up the numbers.

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: February 20, 2008 08:52AM

Like any job, you should have been clocking in and out at the job. If you didn't and they are now saying you worked less than you say, then it's your own fault. It's in their best interest to keep you working there for free. Get a clue and grow up.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:56AM

Community service? You should be jailed and butt banged by Bubba for being a dumbass.

Date: February 20, 2008 12:53PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate to do so, reticent actually, but I agree
> with Gravis, burn it down, burn it down to
> Chinatown.

i feel the love.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: February 20, 2008 04:40PM

I seriously doubt your story. I know numerous people that have done community service at Yesterdays Rose. None of them have EVER had a problem getting credit for the hours they have worked (If you call pushing a shopping cart around work). If your looking for sympathy, you have come to the wrong place!!!!!

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: February 20, 2008 08:28PM

Years ago, I was sentenced to 250 hours of community service.

I worked one day, during which I got to BSing with the guy that was in charge. Long story short, he was a crook. He said, "Man, gimme a dollar an hour, and I'll sign off on your shit".

I peeled off $250 and I was outta there! Best money I EVER spent.

Posted by: Fairfaxed ()
Date: February 21, 2008 09:17AM

Agree that you have Mgr sign off on your number of worked hours each day but also suggest you take this little bit of advice that I'll share with you as it has always worked for me....

Write the number of hours worked per day with the actual hours worked followed by the total hrs worked for the day and then followed by a place for the boss to sign.

At the end of the week you erase that shit and instead fill in a confession for having burned the place down with your boss's signature. Works like a charm every time. Then, light her up!

Congrats on your new successes,
Fairfaxed

Posted by: pmn ()
Date: February 21, 2008 01:09PM

Madman is not being truthful. They have to sign in and out and it is initialed by one of the managers. Nice try.

Posted by: Judy ()
Date: February 21, 2008 01:53PM

I am the manager of Yesterday's Rose and I have been reading all of these comments with much amusement. First of all, stay out of trouble and then you won't have to worry about doing hours. Secondly, understand that these are mandated hours...by the court...and YOUR responsibility. We urge all of you to keep track of your own hours on a separate sheet of paper and get it signed off by a manager each time you work!!! YOUR crime. YOUR time. YOUR priority. Simple.

We treat all of you with respect and only ask that you return the favor. If putting out carts of merchandise and racks of clothing is too "hard" for you to do, tell us. We will notify your PO and you can pick up trash in the park.

Learn your lesson....everyone is entitled to a mistake, but we have some kids who have been back THREE times!?! Duh. Learn to develop a work ethic. The world owes you nothing nor do we. Learn to show a modicum of respect for your elders and those who are "in charge". Learn how to dress and speak appropriately. Understand that you may be cute to your parents, but to everyone else, you are just another kid and we are light years ahead of you in smarts too.

As for burning the place down to the ground....thanks for the heads up on that. Arson is a charge that carries with it more than a few hours of volunteer work. Obviously, people who threaten arson never learned their lesson in the first place!

To those of you who have completed your hours at Yesterday's Rose and learned your lesson, I tip my hat to you. And to the rest of you who think that the world "owes" you, see you at the store!

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 21, 2008 02:06PM

id check out yesterdays rose for records and tapes and funky clothes for halloween costumes more often but that left hand turn into that banged up shopping center is a BITCH

Posted by: bargains ()
Date: February 21, 2008 07:48PM

any furniture?

Posted by: ? ()
Date: February 22, 2008 10:46AM

where is this place. is it like a salvation army?

Posted by: Expensive Geans ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:23AM

I bought a 12" studded black vibrator from that place for 5 bucks!
WHATADEAL!!

Date: February 22, 2008 05:18PM

Yes, there is furniture. Check out www.yesterdaysrose.org

Date: February 22, 2008 07:27PM

Date: February 27, 2008 12:08AM

Judy's name appeared in blue (registered) the first time she posted. The second time she posted it appeared as unregistered. I thought a name in blue couldn't be used by another person. But, I've just used it here.

Date: February 27, 2008 01:08AM

Judy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Judy's name appeared in blue (registered) the
> first time she posted.

blue does not mean it's a registered user, only that the name is a link. if you enter an email address as part of the post, it will link the name to the email address. a registered user's name will link to something like
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/profile.php?X,XXX
X,XXX being the forum user's identification number.

> The second time she posted
> it appeared as unregistered. I thought a name in
> blue couldn't be used by another person. But, I've
> just used it here.

the name "Judy" is not registered.

Posted by: CHaz ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:56AM

haha i did commnunity service at that place. IT SUCKSSSSS!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.