HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Washington Nationals
Posted by: Natsfan ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:19AM

I am loving the new look of the Washington Nationals this year! I think that we have a potent and powerful line up, and I am betting that all these guys hit over .300:

Willy Mo, Ryan Zimmerman, Belliard, Guzman.

I think Willy Mo is going to knock a lot of balls out parks, and lead the team in home runs.

I think Lastings Milliagde is going to steal a ton of bases

The Nick Johnson/Dimitri Young competition is going to be very interesting and I don't know which one the nationals should get rid of if both are healthy. I really hope they can find a way to hang on to both guys.

Now a few things that worry me about the team:

1. Lo Duca's involvement in steroids, plus his injury are looking pretty bad, and I don't see any of the nationals catchers contributing significantly in the line up.

2. The new ball park: It is in a bad area, and parking looks like it wlil be virtually nonexistent. It also looks very tacky so far and lacks something. Check out the latest pictures of the ballpark here:

http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/clarkhuntsmoot/

I am not saying that the ball park is horrible, but it is no Camden yards. It was rushed and the backdrop of the stadium looks too be a parking garage.

Any thoughts on any of this? Who do you think will be the best player on the team this year? How does the stadium look to you? Are you going to head out to any Nationals games this year? Isn’t Lindsey Czarniack hot!!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Nationals
Posted by: Natsfann ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:09AM

Yeah
Attachments:
PH2006111300623.jpg
untitled.bmp
PH2007060102696.jpg
medium_penahomer.jpg

Date: February 19, 2008 07:09AM

nope
Attachments:
ph_fclub_1024x663.jpg

Posted by: natsfann ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:24AM

yeah/nope...you decide
Attachments:
DSC00804.jpg
Angelos.jpg
howboutdemcowboys4ec.gif
mto20h.jpg
mets-suck.jpg
meathookjr.jpg

Posted by: bjsdb ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:42AM

Society?
Attachments:
anorexic.jpg
fat_kid.jpg
anorexic2pl.jpg
fatkid.jpg
skinny_lead_narrowweb__300x449,0.jpg
fat-kid.jpg
untitledg.bmp
wigger0ts.jpg

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 19, 2008 08:39AM

I think the new stadium looks pretty nice, and I'm looking forward to checking it out... I usually hit about 10-12 games a season. I think Zim can be the guy to look out for this year, but I'm not sure I'd lay any bets down that all those guys are gonna be batting over .300. It'll be interesting to see if Nick Johnson can come back to full form after that nasty injury, I really like that guy. And with Patterson back in the rotation I think we have something to look forward to, unlike the grim prospects we had before last season. The neighborhood around the stadium has changed alot over the past 10-15 years, and it's not as scary/bad as rumors make it out to be... it'll be fine around there during games (although I wouldn't walk the streets alone when there aren't crowds of people around). Wait 5 years until the gentrification takes a firm hold and I think you'll see a nice up-and-coming neighborhood for the District.

I sorta can't wait for the season to start now that you brought it up, that first month of baseball season is one of my favorite times of the year.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: February 19, 2008 09:27AM

Even if the new ballpark sucks compared to Camden Yard, Coors Field or AT&T Park, it will be infinitely better than RFK. I won't miss spending Sunday afternoons in a dark, urine-soaked concrete bowl.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 19, 2008 10:09AM

You are stronger man than most, WTL. I have only been to one Nationals game, a night game, and it was so awful in that stadium that I refuse to see it in daylight.

Date: February 19, 2008 10:09AM

"I won't miss spending Sunday afternoons in a dark, urine-soaked concrete bowl."

That quote needs to be posted on every seat in the new stadium

haha. classic.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 19, 2008 10:16AM

You'll have to go through these guys to get to your seat.......
Attachments:
thugs.jpg

Posted by: Wonk ()
Date: February 19, 2008 11:14AM

It was nice of the district to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a stadium for all of us suburbanites to enjoy. Good luck recouping the cost, suckers.

Date: February 19, 2008 11:25AM

496 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You'll have to go through these guys to get to
> your seat.......

As opposed to seeing these guys on the field if you go to FedEx Field.

Posted by: Natty ()
Date: February 19, 2008 12:05PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> 496 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You'll have to go through these guys to get to
> > your seat.......
>
>
> As opposed to seeing these guys on the field if
> you go to FedEx Field.

Nope, one plays for the Nats. Let us not forget our upstanding young man of an outfielder by hte name of Elijah Dukes!

Date: February 19, 2008 12:44PM

Wonk Wrote:
> It was nice of the district to spend hundreds of
> millions of dollars on a stadium for all of us
> suburbanites to enjoy. Good luck recouping the
> cost, suckers.

Yeah, it seems like DC paid a premium for that stadium that the city may never recover.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: February 19, 2008 01:33PM

I've always been an O's fan. When DC got the Nat's I thought that might change. A bunch of friends bought Nat season tickets and they ended up giving away alot of the tickets.

It will be nice to have a new baseball stadium in the area, but after the newness of the stadium fades I don't see the stadium really being a full house for long.

I just can't get that excited about the Nat's for some reason.

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: February 19, 2008 03:39PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> I've always been an O's fan. When DC got the
> Nat's I thought that might change. A bunch of
> friends bought Nat season tickets and they ended
> up giving away alot of the tickets.
>
> It will be nice to have a new baseball stadium in
> the area, but after the newness of the stadium
> fades I don't see the stadium really being a full
> house for long.
>
> I just can't get that excited about the Nat's for
> some reason.

Well be more excited than the O's, they sucked last year adn now they traded away their best pitcher and batter, the Devil Rays will finish ahead of the O's for the first time this season.

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: February 19, 2008 04:54PM

What do mean the O's had a bad team last year? The O's haven't had a good a good team in four or five years. LOL

Posted by: Hondo Howard ()
Date: February 19, 2008 05:33PM

Geez, the Nationals just signed Bret Boone. The guy is 39 and hasnt played for three years. What are they trying to do attract the seniors crowd?

Date: February 19, 2008 05:40PM

Hondo Howard Wrote:
> Geez, the Nationals just signed Bret Boone. The guy is 39 and hasnt played for three years. What are they trying to do attract the seniors crowd?

They're trying to one-up Daniel Snyder.

Date: February 19, 2008 06:30PM

Not to worry Peter Angelos will find a way to top that. What is with sports recruiting in this area?

Date: February 19, 2008 08:46PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> I won't miss spending Sunday afternoons in a dark, urine-soaked concrete bowl.

RFK turned into a shithole, but a loveable shithole no less. It wasn't *that* bad. It sorta reminded me of The Vet, except the seating at RFK was absolutely horrible the past couple years. Some of those seats were totally falling apart and had about 50 coats of paint on them to cover the still-visible rust!

RFK was a cool stadium despite it's shortcomings. I'll miss those white-painted seats in the outfield that showed where some of Frank Howard's homers landed. I also hate that the new stadium means I'll have to transfer off the Orange line to get to games...

... but it really is about time for a new stadium...

We'll miss ya, RFK. You definitely don't deserve the hate.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 20, 2008 02:08AM

Meeper, RFK reminded you of the "Vet" for a reason.. they used the same stadium design, the famous 'cookie cutter' multi-sport stadium of the 60's-70's

Date: February 20, 2008 10:14AM

FYI-

Tix for opening day at the new stadium go on sale March 4th. Season ticket holders get first dibs (sorta ridiculous), so there might not be a whole lot available.

Home opener is Sunday March 30 vs. the Braves.

Date: February 20, 2008 10:35AM

TheMeeper Wrote:

>
> We'll miss ya, RFK. You definitely don't deserve
> the hate.

The two things RFK has over the new stadium is the amount of parking and the fact it is on the Orange and Blue Lines. I hope DC city leaders realize that 99% of Nationals fans are going to have to transfer to the Green Line through Gallery Place and L'Enfant. That should be a mess on game days.

Date: February 20, 2008 10:36AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> FYI-
>
> Tix for opening day at the new stadium go on sale
> March 4th. Season ticket holders get first dibs
> (sorta ridiculous), so there might not be a whole
> lot available.
>
>

I imagine by May you will see a whole bunch of tickets available out there. If not on the Nationals site, then on StubHub, etc.

Date: February 20, 2008 10:58AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> 99% of Nationals fans are going to have to transfer to the Green Line through Gallery Place and L'Enfant. That should be a mess on game days.

LOL, yeah it sure is a recipe for chaos, but I must give WMATA credit for their efficiency at managing game day crowds at Stadium-Armory. I never once had a problem getting in or out of there; hopefully they'll follow suit with the bottlenecks at the two transfer points.
If not, it's a short walk from Fed Triangle to Navy Memorial station. Worth it if you want to avoid waiting on the platform at L'enfant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2008 11:01AM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: S.E.D.C. ()
Date: February 29, 2008 04:23PM

Does anyone really believe that the nationals will sell out anyother games besides its home opener? If so please speak becuase I dont see any other sell outs based on their schedule.

Date: February 29, 2008 04:36PM

S.E.D.C. Wrote:
> Does anyone really believe that the nationals will
> sell out anyother games besides its home opener?
> If so please speak becuase I dont see any other
> sell outs based on their schedule.

You mean the stadium won't be packed with Marlins fans?

Well, I would think the weekend Cubs games early in the season will sell out, or come close. The weekend Baltimore games may sell out (for all those O's fans in the DC area who don't want to drive to Baltimore). But, yeah, it really sucks the Yankees aren't playing here this season like in the past. You would think MLB would throw the Lerners a bone, like bringing in the Red Sox. Maybe that's the thinking behind the Cubs playing here, but they won't draw like the Yankees or Sox. Hell, scheduling a weekend Mets series would be good.

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: February 29, 2008 05:11PM

forget about the yankees or the sox, lets bring in the colorado rockies..that's like a guaranteed sell out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2008 05:11PM by The Economist.

Date: February 29, 2008 05:12PM

Well duh, they play every national league team at home throughout the season, thats the way scheduling works, MLB does not just say the Cubs are going to play in Washington, they have too, same with the Mets. If they didn't do you think baseball would ever send the Yankees or Redsox down to Tampa Bay for 9-10 games a year each.

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> S.E.D.C. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does anyone really believe that the nationals
> will
> > sell out anyother games besides its home
> opener?
> > If so please speak becuase I dont see any other
> > sell outs based on their schedule.
>
>
> You mean the stadium won't be packed with Marlins
> fans?
>
> Well, I would think the weekend Cubs games early
> in the season will sell out, or come close. The
> weekend Baltimore games may sell out (for all
> those O's fans in the DC area who don't want to
> drive to Baltimore). But, yeah, it really sucks
> the Yankees aren't playing here this season like
> in the past. You would think MLB would throw the
> Lerners a bone, like bringing in the Red Sox.
> Maybe that's the thinking behind the Cubs playing
> here, but they won't draw like the Yankees or Sox.
> Hell, scheduling a weekend Mets series would be
> good.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 29, 2008 06:16PM

there are 162 games a year. I doubt that many games ther are gonna be ANY sell outs for that large a stadium This aint tiny wrigley field. Still and all its gonna be cool to go to some games. Baseball is nice and relaxing. Im gonna be there when the phillies come to town at least once.

Posted by: Ryan Church Sucks!! ()
Date: March 01, 2008 09:47PM

Ryan Church sustained a concussion Saturday in a violent collision with New York Mets teammate Marlon Anderson and will be sidelined at least a couple of days

Ryan Church Is a Big Fat Loser
I Am So Glad He Is Gone!
What A Big Fat Loser He Was!
I Bet He Gets Hit By Chico.
In The Face.
I Hate Ryan Church.
What A Big Tool Bag!
RC=TB!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2008/news/story?id=3272201
Attachments:
Ryan Church\'s current gf.jpg

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: March 01, 2008 10:56PM

Great 2008 Nats video from youtube, thought I'd share. 29 days till opening day!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o2e9l8FWUxU

Posted by: Opening Night on ESPN ()
Date: March 02, 2008 03:14PM

does anyone know if opening night will be blackouted on cable because of MASN?
i would love to watch in on espn, but I believe that masn will probley cover it, therefore blacking out the damn game. anyone know?

Date: March 02, 2008 03:41PM

Haha, that was good, thanks for posting that. Excellent use of TNT.

Mike Wrote:
> Great 2008 Nats video from youtube, thought I'd
> share. 29 days till opening day!
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=o2e9l8FWUxU

Date: March 02, 2008 07:00PM

Mike Wrote:
> Great 2008 Nats video from youtube, thought I'd
> share. 29 days till opening day!
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=o2e9l8FWUxU

Yea good find, I'm so excited 28 days now.

Date: March 04, 2008 11:06AM

Turns out MASN will present some Nationals games in HD on the slot set for MOJO. Apparently they will do a 50/50 split between Nationals and Orioles games.

While I will miss MOJO's shows about guys who bet on random shit and guys who go to Hungary and get drunk, I guess I will get over it.

Date: March 09, 2008 03:50PM

FWIW, there are some good articles about the new stadium in this month's issue of Washingtonian Magazine. The main article offers some interesting details about the new park. There will be twice as many concession stands as the old stadium, which is sort of surprising because RFK was pretty well-appointed in this area. The article describes what sections of the stadium have the views of the capitol and monument (views which apparently will change once they finish construction of nearby buildings). It also details some of the amenities offered to folks wanting to drop 500 bucks on the "Presidential Seats"- where you sit only 48 feet from home plate, get exclusive access to the "Oval Office Bar", and have a window looking into Manny Acta's press conference room. Fancy schmancy. Also listed are names of bars and restaurants in the local neighborhood, for people looking to do some pre or post game drinking and eating. The second article talks more about future plans to develop the neighborhood around the stadium, and includes a list of new condos in the area, a must read for anyone who's anxious to move to SW DC.

Interesting stuff...

Posted by: RAY! ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:34AM

The big question about the Washington Nationals this year is going to be if the fans are ready...more importantly, ready for this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpTlSdLw3Ag

RAY!

Posted by: mama said knock you out ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:41AM

Date: March 14, 2008 12:44AM

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 14, 2008 01:07PM

I went to opening day last year and RFK wasnt that bad. BUT the new stadium looks really nice. There is going to be a nasty Parking Cluster Fuck tho. There was a story in the post about a federal reserve parking garage the Nats management wanted to use for night games for season ticket holders and about 8 differant Government agencies said HELL NO YOU CANT USE OUR PARKING GARAGE ONCE ALL OUR PEOPLE GO HOME AT NIGHT! Department of homeland security cited SECURITY reasons but I think they are just being petty

Date: March 14, 2008 01:18PM

Lurker.. Wrote:
> This is a nice tour of the new park.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsbPulIhE0Y&feature
> =related

Here's a video of the streets outside of the stadium on game day...

Posted by: lol @ Chad Apologists ()
Date: August 29, 2014 03:05AM

GO NATZ

Posted by: Section 205 ()
Date: August 29, 2014 05:05PM

As a Nats season-ticket holder from 2005 and attendee at every Opening Day, it's interesting to look back. About the only thing that hasn't changed is how totally stupid most FFXU posters are. Otherwise, Bushie's Excellent Adventure (aka, the Great Recession) put a big fat damper on development in the ballpark and waterfront areas (which are in SE btw, not SW), but things have been moving along much better these past two years or so. Lots is done and lots is in the pipeline. Ten more years and it will rival Georgetown.

Posted by: Kardiac17 ()
Date: August 29, 2014 05:27PM

Section 205 Wrote:
> As a Nats season-ticket holder from 2005 and
> attendee at every Opening Day, it's interesting to
> look back. About the only thing that hasn't
> changed is how totally stupid most FFXU posters
> are. Otherwise, Bushie's Excellent Adventure
> (aka, the Great Recession) put a big fat damper on
> development in the ballpark and waterfront areas
> (which are in SE btw, not SW), but things have
> been moving along much better these past two years
> or so. Lots is done and lots is in the pipeline.
> Ten more years and it will rival Georgetown.

I agree! I think that this may be the year Washington has a Champion sports team. The Nationals very well could win the World Series in 2014. Sec219

Posted by: Sect 205 ()
Date: August 29, 2014 10:43PM

First-base side. Too much sun. Your brains are fried. We're playing ourselves out of wild-card contention here.

Posted by: 6 homers! ()
Date: August 30, 2014 08:41AM

Wow, I'm glad I stayed up for that game last night....the Nats were launching some rockets! Even that punk Harper hit one!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.