HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Annandale is the worst part of Fairfax
Posted by: thisplaceblows ()
Date: December 11, 2011 11:57AM

I drove through the town of Annandale the other day, wow. This place is a nightmare. For starters, the traffic lights are out of sync, leading to jams every hour. The roads and endless parking lots themselves are covered in potholes. There are about a hundred Korean bakeries and stores, or at least that's what I think they are because frankly I cant tell, their signs aren't in English. The stores in general are falling apart, looks as though they haven' been renovated for decades.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Annandale is the worst part of Fairfax
Posted by: RankineCycler ()
Date: December 11, 2011 12:03PM

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.

-AE

Posted by: buttplug ()
Date: December 11, 2011 12:24PM

I guess you've never driven down Route 1 if you think Annandale is Fairfax County's worst.

BTW, the lights through Annandale are synched pretty well. Many days, I drive all the way through Annandale without stopping once. BUT you MUST drive the speed limit or close to it. It is impossible to synch traffic lights without factoring in a baseline traffic speed.

Posted by: the real deal ()
Date: December 11, 2011 01:08PM

its called ageing

the closer into dc you go the more rundown everything is because its old

even falls church and mclean are pretty rundown for how "rich" they are same with arlington outside of the reyuppified clarendon area

Personally I like these areas better than all the gleaming EXPENSIVE vanilla crap going around everywhere else. Think Fairfax Corner overpriced yuppy paradise.

Posted by: BrandonGMU ()
Date: December 11, 2011 04:46PM

As an Annandale resident, I can tell you that you that there are some nicer aka mostly white areas. Sleepy Hollow Woods and Wynwood down off Columbia Pike are upper middle class neighborhoods with decent civic associations.

There are a tons of illegals and korean business though. Most of the areas where the day labor hangs out are littered with trash and the men harass women and anybody driving a pickup. The Korean stuff isn't in English and they're steadily taking ove r everything. the main problem is that there isn't much people want to travel here for. The NOVA campus is a real piece of crap for student activities, we don't have a nice mall or even a shopping center. What places to eat would make you want to come here, Fuddruckers/Silverado/Sunset Grill/Little Italy? Its just a bunch of Korean joints and run of the mill fast food that you can find any place.

Posted by: Gerry the weasel ()
Date: December 11, 2011 05:16PM

"Most of the areas where the day labor hangs out are littered with trash and the men harass women"

Accept it and celebrate the diversity

Posted by: Rodeo ()
Date: December 11, 2011 05:21PM

"Diverity" in Annandale means that some illegals are rapists, some are thieves, and some are murderers.

Posted by: joseph alexander ()
Date: December 12, 2011 03:03AM

"Think Fairfax Corner overpriced yuppy paradise."

i think I love youse been here over 40 yearsa what the county has turned into is the shit but can't afford too move yet

hey culmore/ 7 corners is dang nasty imo

Posted by: elite ()
Date: December 12, 2011 09:17AM

This place has its good things as well. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzWkAKKgv_M

Those are some of the finest things you can do in the area.

Posted by: Annie Dale ()
Date: December 12, 2011 09:23AM

yeh, Annandale is bad, but Route 1 is much worse. Hybla Valley, forget about it. Annandale has about 5 years left and then it needs to be imploded.

Posted by: Remorseless ()
Date: December 12, 2011 10:15AM

Alot of bolivians and salvadorans staining annandale with their ugliness. Low-iq, indians who think they are still in the third world cesspool that they come from. These people only own one book, the bible. They have more kids than literature in their homes, if that doesn't tell you the level of people you are dealing with I don't know what does.

Posted by: peecha kuma ()
Date: December 12, 2011 10:52AM

Annandale reached the point of no return when the Shakeys left. Is it too much to asks for a decent pizza joint with mojo potatoes these days.

Posted by: Dave ()
Date: December 12, 2011 12:05PM

peecha kuma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Annandale reached the point of no return when the
> Shakeys left. Is it too much to asks for a decent
> pizza joint with mojo potatoes these days.

Magills is where Shakeys was and is the same thing as Shakeys. Hell, Mike Magill use to be part owner of Shakeys.

http://www.magillsdc.com/

Posted by: Shake it ()
Date: December 12, 2011 12:07PM

Only Shakey's is Shakey's, nothing else will do, not even a sad imitation.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.