HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Child support representation/advice
Posted by: dad ()
Date: December 09, 2011 08:33PM

I am looking for an attorney in Fairfax county that has experience in child support cases. I am owed about 36k in child support . My son is now turning 16 and my understanding is that once he turns 18 it is much more difficult to collect back due support. I have tried the DCSE with no results. If anyone has personal experience and advice I would greatly appreciate it. I have googled and found the places that take 50% plus and that is a last resort. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: December 09, 2011 08:40PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 02:32PM by chuckhoffmann.

Re: Child support representation/advice
Date: December 09, 2011 09:17PM

Thanks for the advice but I would not qualify for that. I am just looking to see if someone has had some results from a local attorney - the system seems geared towards single moms.

Posted by: Nostradamus ()
Date: December 09, 2011 10:29PM

Tell us about the father of your kid. Does he have a good job or is he a drifter? I thought the DCSE would put a deadbeat dad in jail if he repeatedly fell behind on child support payments. Why have they not done this? Can they find him?

Posted by: Nostradamus ()
Date: December 09, 2011 10:30PM

Nostradamus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tell us about the father of your kid. Does he
> have a good job or is he a drifter? I thought the
> DCSE would put a deadbeat dad in jail if he
> repeatedly fell behind on child support payments.
> Why have they not done this? Can they find him?

Sorry, make that a "deadbeat mom".

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: December 10, 2011 12:27AM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 02:31PM by chuckhoffmann.

Date: December 11, 2011 08:04PM

Thanks for the advice to start . I have had a case with DCSE for the last 13 years or so . The mom has moved out of state so the case has moved to that state and they are of no help - really can't even speak to a person there. I have filed two show cause petitions when she was in Virginia the first produced just a you need to pay up from the judge . The second they put her in jail for a week until she produded a couple of thousand dollars . I have tried to file another but with her out of state they tell me it is hit or miss that she is served . This amount that is owed is at $100 a week so it has been a long time coming. If anyone has been in a like situation I would love to hear their advice. Thanks .

Posted by: why ()
Date: December 11, 2011 09:31PM

Why was it transferred to her state? My case started in one case and they will not transfer it to the state I am in now. The child lives with me. I have to deal with the other state and I call my case worker constantly if I am not getting anything. Be persistant in calling otherwise they will not keep up with the case.

Posted by: Retryu ()
Date: December 12, 2011 12:27AM

John bauserman
703 267 2600
Www.piklaw.com

Date: December 12, 2011 10:20PM

The case was not transferred to her state I should have not said that - they requested assistance from her state. When I call that seems to mean that Virginia DCSE has washed their hands with the enforcement aspect of the case. The Virginia DCSE is pitiful I have spoken with my caseworker one time in all of these years and he called me thinking I was the deadbeat dad - then realized his mistake . I call them and it goes to a call center I request a call from my caseworker and if I am lucky I get a form letter.

To the last poster thanks for the suggestion I will give him a call.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.