HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I need a job
Posted by: rob ()
Date: November 29, 2011 02:42AM

it sucks trying to find a part-time job these days that isnt food service (trust me, ive tried it and was damn bad). it seems to get a pt job while in school is impossible these days. you either go to work full-time and school part-time or you go to school full-time and fuck if you land something part-time that fits in your school schedule.

Bah im just ranting because ive been searching all year. tons of interviews, but no call backs. im at the point where i just may say fuck full time school and hello shitty retail salary as a full time employee and say goodbye to financial aid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need a job
Posted by: troll ()
Date: November 29, 2011 03:01AM

you're the 99%
embrace it

Posted by: Westu ()
Date: November 29, 2011 03:13AM

I do

Posted by: Andrew Ryan ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:04AM

Did you ask Mrs. Hand?

Posted by: job finder guy ()
Date: November 29, 2011 07:50AM

Same old bitching on here over and over, I sent out a thousand resumes and no response. Want to know why? Because unless you know someone in the company you have about zero chance of being interviewed much less being hired.
It was that way before the internet and it will continue to be that way especially in a government job. Unless you are a minority or a female your resume gets deleted.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.