HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Northern Region Football 2012
Posted by: Veryfunny ()
Date: January 04, 2012 02:28PM

Don't Forget the Stallions Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> ... this is Chantilly's year if they put the work in,
> with almost all key players returning.
>

And yet they will lose to Oakton again. LOL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: region insider ()
Date: January 04, 2012 03:54PM

Oakton lost all their speed, I don't think many people will have to worry about them. Even when Chantilly tanked losing by 4 touchdowns to Westfield and Centreville, losing by 2 touchdowns to an inferior Robinson team, Oakton only beat them by 7 with all their seniors.

Like I said, if they put the work in this offseason, Chantilly is primed to take the Concorde. They will lose a lot after this year and don't have much coming up so this may be their only opportunity for a while.

Posted by: are you dumb? ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:52PM

Please inform me what speed Oakton has lost. Also Please inform me who Chantilly brings back. Also If you are unaware every team in the country is holding workouts to get better they are not the only team improving. Chantilly had fights break out every day in practice because they are all in it for themselfs. They are not a team. Chantillys program struggled mightily last year and returning anything for them is not positive

Posted by: region insider ()
Date: January 04, 2012 11:12PM

For one, most of Oakton's defense was seniors, I am sorry I do not know high schoolers by name.

Chantilly brings back the whole oline, their qb, two running backs that are more explosive than the two seniors that graduated and most key posistions on the defense. While they had a bad second half of the year, an offseason after significant game play can work wonders and it's no suprise the team with the most returnees is usually in it when it's all said and done. Look at Westfield who was a 6 seed then ran the table to the region championship game.

As for Chantilly fights, who? How would you know? Give me a break, you're the dumb one.

Posted by: Madison ()
Date: January 09, 2012 05:51PM

Quit your bitching about Chantilly they suck. Their QB is dead awful and makes worse decisions off the field than on it. Madison is gonna run the table. Yall wait and see

Posted by: Chan rb ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:03PM

Heard that the Chantilly soph tb "moved" to oakton

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 10:33PM

Which one? Both the good ones are on the Chantilly basketball team. If you got a back up jv player, good for you.

Posted by: Cvillefan ()
Date: January 12, 2012 07:03PM

Centreville is poised to be good for the next 4 years at least. Great Coaching staff who have implemented their systems and have the Horses coming out in droves for off season work outs. Players who are already in place to fill in for the State Runner up Seniors.

Who ever said JV does not matter is an idiot. JV players are your next years team, if your JV team is good, you will have a good Varsity team the next year. NOW if your JV team is no good it does not mean you will not have a good varsity team. If you have a good core of Sophmores or even Freshman who play Varsity then it is hard to field a competitive JV team. Westfield has been re loading for years. Centreville is now in that position. Watch out for Centreville at the end of next year, they will be ready to win another Region Championship.

Posted by: what I said ()
Date: January 16, 2012 06:44PM

I said JV doesnt matter as much when you account for returning varsity players. Returning varsity players are easily the most important piece to rebuilding a team. I am not sure but I do not believe that Cvill has any returning all-district selections, which puts them at a disadvantage. Nor do I see any underclassmen who made an impact on varsity. It is possible to have stud JV players who do not pan out on varsity. Look for the teams with the established varsity players

Posted by: lolfuzbowl ()
Date: January 16, 2012 06:59PM

lol this thread is totally NOT homo.

Posted by: is this true ()
Date: January 17, 2012 05:42PM

I heard somewhere that Raeshawn Smith is moving to Oakton. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The kid is pretty damn good.

Date: January 18, 2012 12:36AM

is this true Wrote:
> I heard somewhere that Raeshawn Smith is moving to
> Oakton. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The kid
> is pretty damn good.

He is real good, but he is playing behind players his age and younger at Chantilly for both football and basketball. It would make sense for him to go over to Oakton and be a starter for certain in both football and basketball. I think he may be better than the Chantilly counterparts starting over him, but it won't be a big loss for Chantilly as they don't use him much.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:07AM

region insider Wrote:
> For one, most of Oakton's defense was seniors, I
> am sorry I do not know high schoolers by name.
>
> Chantilly brings back the whole oline, their qb,
> two running backs that are more explosive than the
> two seniors that graduated and most key posistions
> on the defense. While they had a bad second half
> of the year, an offseason after significant game
> play can work wonders and it's no suprise the team
> with the most returnees is usually in it when it's
> all said and done. Look at Westfield who was a 6
> seed then ran the table to the region championship
> game.
>
> As for Chantilly fights, who? How would you know?
> Give me a break, you're the dumb one.

I have one point to make on the Chantilly Offense, in the game vs Westfield they tried this read-option style of offense with the Qb 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage...I am sorry but this is not division 1-A college football, the read-option will not work in the concorde district especially with the emphasis that is put on run stopping on defense in this district.

For Chantilly to do well this year, they have to learn how to pass the ball. Sure the ground game is good at chewing away clock but to put points on the board you have to throw the ball as well. Running the ball got Chantilly no where because of how ready in the concorde district teams were to stop the run game. Oscar Smith showed everyone what you have to do to beat a very good concorde district team...you have to pass the ball. Put the game in the Qb's hands and throw the dang ball.

As always for Concord district you have to look out for Westfield and Centreville again this year. Don't be surprised if Oakton and Chantilly do well again and sleep on Herndon and Robinson but don't completely count them out.

Posted by: still confused ()
Date: January 18, 2012 05:35PM

I dont see how everyone can continue to favor Westfield and Cvill in the district. These two teams basically lose all starters on both sides of the ball. There JV teams were good but other teams had players who got significant playing time and varsity recognition

Date: January 19, 2012 04:20AM

yes however as above posts say, WHS played 75% juniors on their JV team last year, that means their varsity team this year will be 75% seniors correct? last time I checked, Westfield has a very large team. You do the math.

Posted by: Fball Fan ()
Date: January 19, 2012 09:09AM

Every Bodies thoughts on Patriot District this year?

Posted by: Passing Guru ()
Date: January 19, 2012 09:23AM

If you don't have at least a 1AA or 1A calibre QB forget about throwing the ball. How many Div 1A QB's have come out of NOVA? The Glennon brothers, Renner, Lalich, Neibrich....who else?

My point is that without these types of players, you can't be pass heavy offense.

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: January 20, 2012 08:51PM

Lb and ws are returning the most starters this year right?

Posted by: CrazyFOOtball ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:12AM

yes

Posted by: football ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:26AM

Actually,

Returning Starters:

WS - 12

WP and Chantilly - 10

Annandale - 8

and 5 schools with 7

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:37PM

how do you count returning starters? Are you counting kids that started 1 game or several?

Posted by: Rob ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:46PM

Plus south county has Junior QB Ben martin coming back from not playing this season for surgery I believe.

Also Oren Burks is a D1 prospect that will take control from Devin VanDyke next year.

Team is pretty solid for losing so many senior starters.

Posted by: Losers ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:53PM

haha it's virginia high school football people. and the season isn't for another 8.5 months or so. Unless it's kids posting on here, I find it rather weird for grown men to be posting their thoughts on HS football. Call me crazy

Posted by: 703vet ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:08PM

Are you suggesting we take up the local college football team instead? Oh wait. Thats right.

Date: January 24, 2012 04:17PM

Mason has a club football team, you spend your time trying to get support for them so that they can became a D-1 team....

Posted by: Info? ()
Date: January 24, 2012 06:30PM

greenman Wrote:
> how do you count returning starters? Are you
> counting kids that started 1 game or several?

I want to know because for some schools I could count alot more. And where do you get all this research from? Because im sure some schools were favored over others, because I know some had more/less than said

Posted by: football ()
Date: January 24, 2012 11:34PM

Combined from both sides of the ball. Taken from games watched either in person or on Gameday. Some are multiple games others are singles, so it is not an exact science and may have a differential +/- of a couple of players.

Posted by: Mclean and Marshall's New Coaches ()
Date: January 29, 2012 12:09AM

Mclean has hired Dennis Worek as their football coach. Not a bad hire at all, but at 59, seems a little old for the job, but more power to him if he wants to stick with it for several years. Worek a retired FCPS administrator, was the defensive coordinator at Jefferson last year, and head coached at Langley in the 1980's and Madison in the 1990's.

Marshall has also made their hire, Greg Sullivan. Coach Sullivan is a Marshall graduate who is also on the older side at 51. Coach Sullivan was the offensive coordinator at Mclean High School, after head coacing the TC Williams football program for 3 years.

With both hires, this wraps up the head coaching vacancies in the county for the time being. Any thoughts?

Posted by: In the know... ()
Date: January 29, 2012 08:17AM

Worek is bring his son on staff and from my understanding is son will take over the program in a couple of years.

Sullivan is a bad hire. Shit, McLean didn't want the guy. Marshall should have taken the hint!

Posted by: West Po will open soon ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:11PM

Rumor has it that will Henderson most likley removed soon.

Posted by: nrwatcher ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:23PM

Why would they want him gone, the program is starting to turn the corner.
His kid is the main reason they are going to be successfull.
That just deosnt make any sense.

Posted by: theU92 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:47PM

According to Rivals Lake Braddock has 2 football Blue Chippers:
Top 10 players at their postion. 1 on offense, 1 on defense.

Kyle Shanahan, RB, 5'11" 195, 40 time 4.3
Schools interested Florida, Duke, South Carolina, Maryland.
Should be one of the top returning RB in the region.

Dean Doe, DL, 6'2" 235, 40 time 4.7,
Schools interested Maryland, Va Tech, Marshall.
Doe lead the team in tackles and sacks in 2011.

I am not sure what they have coming back, but that should keep Braddock in contention this year.

Posted by: concoredrulz ()
Date: January 30, 2012 10:26AM

Centreville and Westfield are still the teams to beat!

Teams that could contend
Chantilly
Oakton
TC Williams
West Potomac

Teams on the bubble
Lake Braddock
Robinson
West Springfield

Team with no chance
all the rest

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: January 30, 2012 12:12PM

concoredrulz Wrote:
> Centreville and Westfield are still the teams to
> beat!
>
> Teams that could contend
> Chantilly
> Oakton
> TC Williams
> West Potomac
>
> Teams on the bubble
> Lake Braddock
> Robinson
> West Springfield
>
> Team with no chance
> all the rest

Can you please explain how Cvill and West field are the teams to beat combined they have 8 starters returning (Westfield 3, Cvill 5). Most teams thought to be in contention have at least 8 total. Plus most of these players are not skill position players, only linemen with the exception of a few. None of which made a substantial impact

Posted by: concordplaya ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:45PM

I would have to agree, Centreville and Westfield are the teams to beat!

Both have very good staffs and both have very good JV and Freshmen programs from last year.

Both teams had a number of blow outs, so the younger players got a chance to play in most of the varsity games.

If its not those 2, then who?

Posted by: bulldog2014 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:49PM

theU92 Wrote:
> According to Rivals Lake Braddock has 2 football
> Blue Chippers:
> Top 10 players at their postion. 1 on offense, 1
> on defense.
>
> Kyle Shanahan, RB, 5'11" 195, 40 time 4.3
> Schools interested Florida, Duke, South Carolina,
> Maryland.
> Should be one of the top returning RB in the
> region.

I dont remember either of those players doing anything against West field
>
> Dean Doe, DL, 6'2" 235, 40 time 4.7,
> Schools interested Maryland, Va Tech, Marshall.
> Doe lead the team in tackles and sacks in 2011.
>
> I am not sure what they have coming back, but that
> should keep Braddock in contention this year.

Posted by: area ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:35PM

First off both Lake Braddock guys are not very good. You refered to them as blue chippers who are 10 ten in their position. If you are saying in the country you are insane. Maybe in the region they could be top 10, but without a wealth of knowledge you couldnt make that assumption.

West Potomic should be the team to beat. Caleb Henderson will most likely be a D1 quarterback someday. I think he already has an offer. But Westfield and Centreville will not be the best two teams, not even the best in their district. Chantilly and Oakton will be the top 2 in the district, still chasing West Po. The reason they will be competitive is because the key players that they return over JV and Freshman records. They have MEANINGFUL experience and led both of their teams to good seasons. Westfield and Centreville should still be in contention for high playoff spots. I am still not buying into Lake Braddock hype because it seems to happen year after year, but this time they have no Nebrich or Quiglys to back it up.

Lastly with signing day coming around I was wondering who is going to play where in college. Just interested in hearing about anyone D1-D3. Just list the player, high school, college, division, and position.

Posted by: the u92 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 01:24PM

According to Rivals, Both Doe and Shanahan from Lake Braddock, already have offers going into their senior year and most likely will have more to come.

They didnt have stats for Shanahan, but Doe lead the team in tackles and sacks
Both are leaders on and off the field.

Again not sure what they have coming back to put around these 2, but it sure is a nice buidling block.

Posted by: facts ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:29PM

Posted by: oakton ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:32PM

Playing in college from Oakton

CJ Reiman, LB - William and Mary 1aa

Tuck Masker,QB- Walk on Coastal Carolina1aa

Jake Farrar, DL - Walk on Richmond 1aa

Orey Harris, TE - Waynesburg, d3

Ian Hartan, DB - John Hopkins, d3

Posted by: Jerry's Always Watching ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:40PM

I heard from a legitimate source that the McLean head job was offered to Howels on the Woodson staff. Although they didnt do well, he knows some of the people over there apparently (according to Woodson DSA) they had called about the situation there at Woodson and inquired about him but he decided he doesnt want the job right now so they are keeping that on the dl and re-opening it up again.

Posted by: west po man ()
Date: January 31, 2012 08:47PM

Bit of a problem at West Po, coach may be out and take his son with him to a private school. issue with QB controversy last season sr was moved over for coach's son although we all know coaches son is pretty good. apparently the sr QB was descent also. seems like not a big deal but the details will be a little messy. could blow over and nothing may come of it. TBD.

Posted by: Not true ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:58PM

Not true Jerry. Dennis Worek got the McLean job. Brian Day turned it down several weeks ago.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 01, 2012 06:51AM

Jimbo Wrote:
> Madison has 14 starters returning....they should
> be pretty good.

It's Madison Time!

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Posted by: re West Po Man ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:32AM

I don't have the inside track at West Po, but Henderson did apply and interview for the O'Connell job. There was an offer and it is rumored that he turned it down. This was about two weeks ago, so it may add to why they may want him out.

I hear that even some of the players thought that the Sr. QB should have been the starter and could not get into a rhythm because he wanted to get his son reps/experience.

Sounds like a little trouble down there off of Rte. 1!

Posted by: re Facts ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:58AM

I'm gonna call BS too.

First, Dean didn't lead the team in anything, well maybe getting blown off the line. He does't come close to running a 4.7 40, he is quick off the ball, but only has one move, and that is not good enough to warrant interest. LB's leaders in tackling were 1) Tkac 2) Long 3) Hoskins 4) Montemayor and I believe either Montemayor or Peart were leaders in sacks. Don't pad your stats when it can be be proven. That won't help you get a scholly!

Shanahan is fast, but not 4.3. LB's coaches would be idiots to keep 4.3 off the field. Probably closer to 4.6. And this is just it, kinda hard to be one of the best in the region and you struggle to get on the field consistently. Strong kid, but doesn't have very good hips nor field vision, tough to think that schools would give offers with that type of assessment.

These two are "ranked" because they have attended a few combines and placed well there. Problem is, it doesn't translate onto the field. They are far from blue chip and LB doesn't have anyone that D-1 schools are knocking at the door. I don't think either of the two made honorable mention in the district, so all of the sudden they are going to dominate? GTFOH!

IJS - If you believe the Rivals bull, then I got some property in the everglades for sale.

Posted by: yourstruly ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:38PM

Thanks Coach!

Posted by: nova92 ()
Date: February 01, 2012 06:36PM

My assessment?

It doesnt matter who at LB was running back last year. There oline was terrible and run blocking.
Shanahan- very fast ( faster than a 4.6 closer to a 4.4) and strong. I dont know whe re people are getting that he has bad hips? He ( along with the other backs) never got a chance to get in the open field and do anything! 95% of the time the oline missed a block and all there backs got tackled at the line. The kid is at the wrong program. You put him at robo and he'd be a star. The coaches at lb are were trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Doe- an strong and decently fast player. However, he seems to be a little uncoordinated. Also, like said before he seemed to get blown back a good amount. However, they had a new defensive coordinator and this was his first year playing varsity. Its expected he improves.

Im pretty sure none of them have any offers at this point.

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: February 01, 2012 07:19PM

Not true Wrote:
> Not true Jerry. Dennis Worek got the McLean job.
> Brian Day turned it down several weeks ago.

I believe it was Bryan Howels from Woodson who turned it down....just sayin. That was the rumor at the last DSA meeting. Maybe they both turned it down...who knows. Best of luck to the new head coach there.

Posted by: re Yours trully ()
Date: February 01, 2012 09:50PM

Not a coach, actually a player on the squad that had front row seat.

The point was being made that they were "Blue Chippers," and ranked within their class. Shanahan is fast going in a straight line, and no where near 4.4. I've seen him get beat in a race by Tanner, a couple of times. You need hips to move laterally which he doesn't do very well. If he had hips, Van Dyke wouldn't have punished him on the very first play against SoCo. You have a point, might be in the wrong program, but even at Robinson (Bendorf's version) you have to be able to make a cut, even at FB. Keep in mind, he transferred back to LB, a passing team, so maybe HE was trying to fit into a round hole. IJS, you go back to a school that is 98% pass and you were a RB at St. John's, something doesn't add up.

If you think Dean is fast, you should stop smoking whatever it is you are on. Peep his highlight tape on hudl. Yeah it was his first year on Varsity, but the coaches only put him out there because they did not have anyone else to DE. Dean has an upside, and talks about how Oregon and a couple of other schools have offered, hope his DREAMS come true!

Let me just say as a player with average talent, our team has a lot of work to do! I hope these two do well, because we are going to need them!

Posted by: yourstrulyknows ()
Date: February 02, 2012 01:03AM

I think everyone knows who you are, Coach

Hahahaha

Posted by: nrwatcher ()
Date: February 03, 2012 11:08AM

BUSTED!!!!
Now thats funny

Posted by: stickynote ()
Date: February 04, 2012 03:31PM

I wonder who that could of been....

Posted by: LB91 ()
Date: February 04, 2012 08:38PM

I think most know who it is.

Posted by: Class of 2014 ()
Date: February 04, 2012 11:28PM

You think you know, but you don't know sh!t! I rep the Class of 2014, hard! What? Bout to reck shop this year y'dig. Yall just mad that I know the deal and speak on it, so you figure it has to be a coach, so 'effing wrong!

Posted by: stickynote ()
Date: February 05, 2012 12:48AM

Yes I'm sure a sure that was a sophomore posting (lol) I'm pretty sure a sophomore wouldn't know that type of information. I'm going to ignore the fact that the first post sounded like a 40 year old man and that this sounds like some random fagot. this is kinda getting pathetic

Posted by: lbforever ()
Date: February 05, 2012 02:22AM

The kids don't have any offers and we all know but that doesn't mean that they're bad players. why would anyone say they have offers when they don't anyway? Btw, its quite possible for young players like Jason, Kyle, Dean, and romario to be getting contacted by colleges and get offers later. Just look at Nick Weiler. Maybe you should try not to sound so obvious coach Hoskins

Posted by: mdhigh ()
Date: February 05, 2012 12:26PM

That's right. Also, Romario and Jason were both second team all-district and Dean and Kyle were both honorable mention all-districtcoach. You should check your info before you rag on your players

Posted by: HM ()
Date: February 05, 2012 02:11PM

Honorable mention is complete bs. All a coach has to do is nominate a player and they recieve honorable mention. A kid could not play a single snap all year and get honorable mention. It is not an accomplishment.

Posted by: regionShock ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:16PM

Shows how much you know about football

Posted by: Coach Hoskins ()
Date: February 09, 2012 07:56AM

And yes this is actually him. This is my first and last post on Fairfaxunderground! The only reason why I am posting now is because my son told me this BS was up here and my name was mentioned.

I have much better things to do than sit up online on a message board than rag on CHILDREN, especially the ones that I coach. Those that know me, know that I speak my mind and tell players how I feel - to their face, not some cowardly way on the internet.

So whatever player or parent for that matter that has an issue or feels the need to talk, I am at the school almost daily. Keep my name out this mess!

Posted by: 4shiznits ()
Date: February 09, 2012 08:54AM

South County jr OLB Oren Burks(6-4 195) Received his first offer yesterday--NC State. Burks is receiving serious interest from about 13 BCS level schools to include BC, VT, UVA Penn State and others. Oren was HM All Met this past season. 1st Team patriot District LB.

Posted by: juniorrank ()
Date: February 11, 2012 11:54PM

He wasn't honorable mention all-met. He wasn't first team all-region so he couldn't have been honorable mention all-met.

Date: February 12, 2012 12:45PM

To Juniorrank-- before you doubt something --this is a very easy fact to check-- oren burks HM all met LB go to the post website see the first name under HM LB http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/highschools/2011/fall-all- met/football-defense/

you don't have to be selected All region to make all met HM

South county's kicker Fergerson made 2nd team all met and was not selected all region either.
Facts are Facts-- opinions are well________

Date: February 12, 2012 12:50PM

Posted by: Whyh8andy ()
Date: February 12, 2012 06:52PM

Why is everyone hating on Annandale?

Posted by: nregionwatcher ()
Date: February 14, 2012 11:27PM

Dean Doe from Braddock is rising quickly

Virginia VTO Camp
The defensive line group was quite possibly the deepest pool of talent at the event with several of the participants holding major BCS offers and many others on the recruiting radar of Division I programs both this season and in the near future.? One that caught the eye of Rod Johnson was Lake Braddock rising junior (Class of 2013) Dean Doe. "The rising junior has a solid frame for the defensive line position, is quick off the ball and could be the spotlight player in Lake Braddock's defensive front for next season. Doe is a solid rising junior prospect who is set up for a breakout season this Fall moving him up recruiting boards for the Class of 2013. Waiting for his first scholarship offer, Dean Doe is certainly on the recruiting radar. Notre Dame is the latest school to show interest in the defensive lineman.

Date: February 15, 2012 08:37AM

SOCO jr OLB Oren Burks gets 2nd offer WVU. 1st was NC State--Also BC, UVA, VT, and Penn state very interested. Lee LB/RB Kargbo moved to SOCO this year he is also a very good player.

Posted by: dear mr doe ()
Date: February 15, 2012 07:01PM

Dear Mr. Doe/ Dean
Stop trying to get yourself publicity.
Thank you

Posted by: allmet ()
Date: February 16, 2012 10:43PM

Oren Burks (2013) OLB gets his third offer from UVA today.

Posted by: Coach Gibbs ()
Date: February 18, 2012 05:17PM

Burks is a beast. It's nice to see Northern Region players get college looks.

Given the immense talent pool graduating this year in the Concorde, any early reports as to potential college prospects among the rising seniors and juniors for this fall?

Posted by: Dean D ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:45PM

This is actually Dean and I had no idea fairfax underground existed until one of my friends told me this stuff was up here. I'm not trying to harbor any feelings of hatred towards me so I would like to stop being a topic of conversation. I'm just trying to do what I do and hopefully get the offer I want.

Posted by: EdisonEaglesFan ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:53AM

Do not sleep on the mighty Edison Eagles. Edison's coaching staff is utterly brilliant. It is anyones guess what type of explosive offense or defense teams should worry about in 2012! Watch out, beware, the Edison Eagles and Coach Anthony Parker are here!!!!!!! Fear the Eagles!

Posted by: nova watcher ()
Date: February 27, 2012 04:32PM

I've heard rumors that Oakton's rising senior QB. Kyle Downer, is getting some looks. Anyone got any specifics? Great news for Kyle and his family if that's true.

Posted by: oakton ()
Date: February 27, 2012 06:32PM

I read that today on Virginia Preps as I assume you did too, but biggest news out of Oakton Chris Durrant was offered a full ride this past weekend by Old Dominion. Its one offer but I believe many more are to come.

Posted by: Beetejuice ()
Date: February 27, 2012 09:28PM

Great news for Chris. He should help anchor that Oakton line this fall. Good news for Kyle Downer too. LOL.

Posted by: spring visits ()
Date: February 27, 2012 09:31PM

Im sure Downer is like most other prospects at this point making visits to colleges same with Durrant. Both Durrant and Jonnathan Dunn from West Springfield were offered by ODU on their junior dayss

Posted by: the real deal ()
Date: February 27, 2012 09:46PM

I am a sophomore at oakton and I can say Downer Durrant and Wandey all get large amounts of mail. They have been talking about visits and went to W&M last weekend. Chris went to ODU after. They all plan on visiting at least 5 colleges for junior days. Ryan Ladson is planning on taking visits as well

Posted by: fuck you ()
Date: February 28, 2012 07:52PM

^^^ no one fucking cares its high school sports

Date: February 28, 2012 07:55PM

woah woah woah.. these are d1 AA schools.......

you have to bench press like, at LEAST 95 lbs to get a scholarship there.

hats off to these kids, putting the time in the weight room.

Posted by: news flash ()
Date: February 28, 2012 08:58PM

Division 6 Northern Region had 1 full scholarship D1 athlete last year. Hats off to these kids for putting in the time. I can only hope the best for all Northern Region athletes

Posted by: LMAO ()
Date: February 29, 2012 05:34PM

Posted by: EdisonEaglesFan ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:53AM

Do not sleep on the mighty Edison Eagles. Edison's coaching staff is utterly brilliant. It is anyones guess what type of explosive offense or defense teams should worry about in 2012! Watch out, beware, the Edison Eagles and Coach Anthony Parker are here!!!!!!! Fear the Eagles!

Dream on :) I needed a good roaring laugh this evening, Thanks.

Date: March 08, 2012 12:09PM

west potomac fires football coach henderson

Date: March 08, 2012 12:29PM

Any details, I suppose that means his son is leaving the program too. They were the region favorites for next year.

Posted by: Snowman ()
Date: March 08, 2012 01:13PM

Posted by: nrguy ()
Date: March 08, 2012 01:29PM

West Potomac had to be one of the top returning teams in the region for this year.
Im guessing now his kid will now go to a private school.

That really shakes things up in the northern region

Posted by: Cvillefan ()
Date: March 08, 2012 03:54PM

nrguy Wrote:
> West Potomac had to be one of the top returning
> teams in the region for this year.
> Im guessing now his kid will now go to a private
> school.
>
> That really shakes things up in the northern
> region

Is this for real? If it is, UNBELIEVABLE... is this related to the fact that he played his kid over a Latino Senior who sucked? I almost do not believe it. I did read where he interviewed for the Oconnell job.

Posted by: coach gibbs ()
Date: March 08, 2012 03:54PM

If the Henderson kid leaves West Po, that leaves Kyle Downer of Oakton as perhaps the best QB in the Northern Region. That offense is going to be sick. . . .

Posted by: nrregionshakeup ()
Date: March 08, 2012 08:39PM

First off I believe the loss of Caleb is much greater than the loss of his dad. He had d1 offers and ran the offense very well towards the end of the year. Second, I think that he will want to be with his dad where ever he goes because he knows he will throw the ball at least 50 times a game. So with both of them gone many doors have been swung open for other teams in the area. My top 5 in no order Chantilly, Oakton, Braddock, TC, and still possibly West Po saying they find a quality coach. Thoughts?

Posted by: norther region ref ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:06AM

heard a couple high rated West potomac kids families are moving to lorton.

Posted by: Lorax ()
Date: March 09, 2012 02:29PM

Lorton, as in South County? Hmmmmmmm.

Posted by: nvhsfbfan ()
Date: March 09, 2012 03:41PM

I hear Rob Everett in as head coach!!!? If true great pickup

Posted by: Brick Mason ()
Date: March 12, 2012 01:25PM

Found this in the comments section of the Washington Post article referred to above.

dlissva wrote:

3/11/2012 6:27 PM EDT

Great news for most of West Potomac football players! This is the type of coach that retaliated against teens (football players), because parents complained about his program.
Henderson should have been gone since 2008 when he sent an email to another West Potomac football coach, Willie McCollum, threatening to destroy a kid and his chances of continuing playing football and getting a scholarship. Henderson stated “…and if I hear he’s badmouthing my program in any way, I will go out of my way and badmouth him and his kid. I’m building some reputation with college recruiters and I will destroy the kid and his chances of getting a scholarship – DESTROY his chances. Larry wants to play that bs, I can absolutely destroy his kid. I guarantee that his kid won’t play a down as a sophomore somewhere.” The last sentence he wrote on that email says “he is a joke like – so many of our parents.”
If you wish to see a copy of that email me at dlissva@yahoo.com

Posted by: Hendo ()
Date: March 12, 2012 05:26PM

The Henderson kid enrolled today at George Mason High School in the Falls Church City.

Posted by: ,..... ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:05PM

why did the Henderson kid pick George Mason HS?

Posted by: true? ()
Date: March 12, 2012 07:28PM

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Posted by: true? ()
Date: March 12, 2012 07:28PM

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Posted by: JP at LB ()
Date: March 12, 2012 08:31PM

Not true. We already have him under contract at LB.

Posted by: Soco football player ()
Date: March 12, 2012 11:30PM

what do you think of West Po's chances now

Posted by: westside ()
Date: March 13, 2012 10:24AM

West potomics chances are hurt. Their entire offense relied on henderson. It will be intresting to see who head coach will be. I think this opened doors in thr district and in the region. Two horse eace in the district between west springfield and tc

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.