HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Northern Region Football 2012
Posted by: football ()
Date: November 28, 2011 06:39PM

Still very early but someof us football fans cant wait. Any thoughts on next year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Northern Region Football 2012
Posted by: WPFan ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:46PM

West Po will win the region without a doubt, returning a QB who was robbed of the 1st team all region honor and a group of backs and receivers who can outrun anyone, speed kills. returning 2 solid young linebackers who got lots of time and a DE who very quietly was near the top of the most sacks list. Also returning 3/5 O-linemen.

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:51PM

How did they almost lose to woodson towards the end of the year?

Date: November 28, 2011 09:58PM

they came out flat, as they sometimes do, however they CRUSHED chantilly in the playoffs and were a few plays away from beating westfield, and beat soco who are the D5 champs

Posted by: OaktonFan ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:10PM

I understand what your saying about coming out flat but woodson was bad. We beat south county as well and lost to all the same teams. I would love to see how we would match up against you guys. Your QB sounds like the real deal but i feel like it would be a high scoring game with a much more balanced attack from Oakton. I would only fear WP's speed against our linebackers and interior size.

Date: November 28, 2011 10:12PM

honestly oakton matches up well with just about everyone good size, speed, really solid program out there it would be a great game maybe theyll meet in the playoffs next year who knows

Posted by: 4 shiznits ()
Date: November 30, 2011 12:49PM

Oakton beat SOCO 21-7. The reality is SOCO's safety got out of position twice and yes Oakton took advantage. After that SOCO went to work defensively and knocked the big back from Oakton out of the game, and hurt several other oakton players. Oakton won straight up, no excuses.

SOCO however improved dramatically after halftime of the West Pot game 3. The SOCO team at the end of the year could handle Oakton, Just My Opinion.

Posted by: football fan ()
Date: November 30, 2011 03:58PM

Lake Braddock will be a sleeper. They are very young and hungry. People think they are burke kids. who are given everything. I wouldnt want to play this team in playoffs next year.

Date: November 30, 2011 06:43PM

Broddock is on their way out for the next few years the patriot is going to belong to WP and SOCO sleeper will be Lee i think Braddock will be competitive and pad their wins with gimmie wins over the bottom feeders in the district but will lose their dominance over WP they have enjoyed the past few years

Date: November 30, 2011 06:46PM

but you never know in HS football WP and SOCO werent predicted to share the district title

Posted by: sptn10000 ()
Date: November 30, 2011 06:51PM

Lake Braddock may struggle this coming year, it looks like they will have a very young team, mostly sophomores and juniors. There Freshmen and JV teams were pretty good, they will need to pull alot from there.

Only a few seniors in this group with playing experience.

Peart DL one of the better lineman in the district
Renzi DB small but tuff player
Hoskins LB always seems to be hurt, not sure where he fits in
Wolfe WR 2 year starter
Shanahan RB good speed
Koch QB good arm

Posted by: tough question ()
Date: November 30, 2011 06:54PM

who wins the concorde next year? WHS and Centreville are always good, but they lose pretty much ALL of their starters to graduation. Oakton brings back some key players, and so does Chantilly.

Date: November 30, 2011 06:58PM

I dont know much about the concorde but its a strong conference, i think it will be very competitive like the patriot was this past year but oakton or chantilly will win it c-ville and westfield are losing too many key pieces

Posted by: WEPOSUCKS ()
Date: November 30, 2011 07:03PM

Mannn wes po gonna loose every game next year, WPFan dumb LB ALL DAYYYY

Posted by: We po fan 2 ()
Date: November 30, 2011 07:04PM

...... uninformed

Posted by: wildcats ()
Date: November 30, 2011 08:10PM

Dont sleep on Centreville they have good players to fill in the key roles that they will be losing. they have already found some great runningback talent in some underclassmen and the fastest kid on there varsity was a sophmore

Date: November 30, 2011 08:35PM

yeah i just dont think theyll win the concorde next year but theyll be in the mix, they always are

Posted by: varsity player ()
Date: November 30, 2011 08:37PM

as a varsity player in the concord I believe I did hear Cvill had a talented JV team, a lot of the players being young. but just because they dominate that level does not mean they will dominate the next year on varsity. the best players play varsity, the rest play JV. they will field a good team but not to the likes of other teams who return multiple all district players

Posted by: scouterrr ()
Date: November 30, 2011 08:57PM

i was at the lake braddock vs lee jv game. the lb jv team is overflowing with tatlent. there are a few kids that dont even start that would start for anyother team patroit. i look for big things from this team.

Posted by: lee jv sucked ()
Date: November 30, 2011 09:14PM

Lee's JV team was an embarrasment to football. Maybe Braddock may be good but this year will not be their year

Date: November 30, 2011 09:17PM

I do film for west potomac im in charge of filming the games, so i got to see every freshman, jv, and varsity team in the patriot WP, TC, SOCO and Braddock had the best jv teams and WPs jv defense was pretty good so maybe theyll have a strong defense to go along with that powerhouse offense

Posted by: as a concord fan ()
Date: November 30, 2011 09:33PM

WPFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do film for west potomac im in charge of filming
> the games, so i got to see every freshman, jv, and
> varsity team in the patriot WP, TC, SOCO and
> Braddock had the best jv teams and WPs jv defense
> was pretty good so maybe theyll have a strong
> defense to go along with that powerhouse offense

You do seem very informed so as a fan of the concord what can we expect out of the patriot next year

Date: November 30, 2011 09:44PM

WP and SOCO will be top 2nd tier will be LB TC and LEE and then the bottom will be annandale woodson west springfield will play very inconsistant the district has LOTS of speed TC and Braddock will surprise people, TC has a really good running back who will be a junior next year and braddock has a great program theyll be pretty good no matter what, expect more of the same from WP and SOCO. the gap is beginning to close between the patriot and concorde.

Posted by: ?jf ()
Date: November 30, 2011 10:12PM

Im sure this is based off JV and returning starters. But how did soco braddock and WP JV do against concord JV?

Posted by: Jeff ()
Date: November 30, 2011 10:14PM

Centreville

Date: November 30, 2011 10:25PM

I can only speak for WP on that and they didnt play centrevilles jv and got crushed be westfields jv LB and SOCO beat WP by small margins but WP had most people eligable for jv starting on varsity 3 sophomores on offense, 2 on defense, and everything else was pretty much juniors

Posted by: 41zone ()
Date: November 30, 2011 10:31PM

the only concord team west po jv played from the concord i believe was westfield jv. and west po got smoked...i would not base west potomac's next year on last year's jv, as the varsity squad was stocked with young talent, meaning the jv was the leftovers. west po is not blessed with the massive teams such as westfield. i believe they dressed close to 100 players? west potomac dressed about 40. how old was last years LB running back? because the JV running back (soph) more their jv was one of the best football players ive ever seen. watch out for that kid. im a west po fan, but idont understand why people are sleeping on lb. they are a solid football team! i believe the patriot was a 3 way tie? so why is everyone dissing lb. respect those guys, they are good.

Posted by: Cvilleballer ()
Date: November 30, 2011 10:39PM

Centreville JV destroyed Lake Braddock JV and every other team they played except Westfield. Westfield played 75% Juniors on their JV while Centreville played 90% sophomores. Freshman undefeated for second year in a row. Centreville will be a force for years to come.

Date: November 30, 2011 10:43PM

my view of the patriot:

tc williams: will continue in their old ways of being just not good enough to cut it
annandale: this is only the beginning of a very long drought
woodson: i dont see these guys being good any time soon
west srpingfield: has the potential to be a very good football team. dont sleep on these guys.
lee: extremely hyped at the beginning of last season, until they actually met some adequate competition. proved to be a poor football team
braddock: has the potential to be a power house, good football team
west potomac: very good team that proved it could ball with the likes of westfield. keeping many players but also losing many players that were key to the teams entire philosphy. watch for a change in pace.
south county: okay football team. i dont care if they are 10-3, they are 10-3 in d5. they were not good against d6 teams and therefore give me no reason to view them as a respectable force.

Posted by: LB Fan ()
Date: November 30, 2011 11:03PM

I wouldn't call a 40 minute scrimmage stopped by losing daylight because it was played on the practice field and a 2 to 2 or 3 to 2 TD score "Destroying LB's JV!" Centreville had some dencent runs by the talented young back, but they did not have an answer for LB's passing game. Not to mention that LB was able to run the ball with a WR playing running back.

Very hard to tell how teams will do next year, a lot can happen in 8-9 months.

Posted by: lbjvparent ()
Date: November 30, 2011 11:19PM

For what it is worth, Centreville vs Lake Braddock JV was a scrimmage on Centreville's practice field. Because it started late and they had no lights, each team had 3 series of 10 plays, Lake Braddock scored 3 times Centreville scored 3 times.

Lake Braddock JV lost to Westfield JV in a close game, tied South County, score was 50-50, very high scoring game. The other JV games were blow outs by Lake Braddock.

Both Frosh and JV had very good seasons.

Date: December 01, 2011 12:20AM

that's "decent."

Patriot Overview:

Annandale - They are losing a lot and will continue to struggle;

Lee - I think you have seen the last of their talent pool for a while. Coach Martin has brought a new attitude to the Lancers but may not be enough;

Lake Braddock - have 24 rising Seniors, with 14 of them with some kind of playing experience and 7 of them returning starters. Offensively they lose QB and #1 and #3 WRs; There are a ton of kids that can play WR, no big play standouts though; the OL should be decent with some size and experience. Their are 4 kids that can play RB:

1) Hoskins - played LB the last 7 games hampered with either a hamstring strain or ankle sprain which kept him off the O side of the ball; during that time finished the season as the second leading tackler - so he'll fit right in, probably one of the main guys that will go both ways in '12;

2) O'Brien - the JV kid mentioned before, was a sophomore with a huge upside. Where he lacks in size, he makes up with heart, he has to work on remembering his plays though. Should see some carries in '12;

3) Shanahan - One of the fastest kids on the team, but not a very good RB, poor lateral movement, lacks vision and also forgets his plays. He is a very strong kid, and would be better suited to play defense;

4) Carrier - has great size and decent quickness and is also a sophomore. Has to learn to assert himself to be ready for Friday night, but he also saw some time at the LB spot;

5) Bonus: Renzi - just an athlete and gives them another option to get a few carries

Overall view - need to RUN the ball, I they choose to stay with the 5-Wide exclusively, they will struggle. Need to move to a more balanced attack

Defensively they have to replace a lot as Hoskins is the only remaining kid that saw time on the '09 team.

DL - has to find at least 1 DE, but they should be set with Peart and Burnett at DT;

The LB and DB Corps will be young as this is where they are hit the most but will have some decent athletes;

Overall - In the second year with the DC, the kids will have more time to get familiar with his system. All in all they are probably a 6-4 team.

South County - probably the first time that they had as many if not more athletes as TC and West Po, especially on D. They have a good group coming back off of this Regional+? team. They will be in the hunt for the District Title again;

TC - always a crap shoot. The big question is, what will they do about the HC spot? Will the Interim HC stay, will Randolph come back, or will they go a different direction. This is the one team year in, year out that can be lethal with the talent they have, but never seem to put it together. Basically, the jury is still out on them;

West Springfield - Dunn will be in the running for District POY with Henderson; problem is, he is all they have. QB is supsect, and defense is very similar to the ones when Renner was there. Probably identical record as '11;

West Pot - Have the most coming back with a potent 1-2 punch with Henderson and Pierson-El. Put that with a host of speedsters and they are tough to beat. Defense is the big ? This has always been their weakness, will be interesting to see what they do on this side of the ball. Probably the favorite going in;

Woodson - In Dishun's second year, they should be more competitive, they'll win a couple more than in '11. They will be young though.

Pre-Preason Rankings:

1)West Pot
2)SOCO
3)LB
4)TC/West Springfield
5) WS/TC
6) Woodson
7) Lee
8) Annandale

Posted by: Oakton jv ()
Date: December 01, 2011 06:47AM

Toughest game for Oakton's jv was WF. Although Oakton played with 75 percent sophs, 25 percent junior and one freshmen running back. WF, I believe, was mostly juniors that day.

Centreville game was a crap shoot with the Wildcats winning 40-34. Game featured several defensive Tds on both sides.

WF and CV were the best teams Oakton played at the JV level - just like the varsity games. Soco, Lee, Annandale, Woodson, and West spring (in a scrimmage) were not as impressive - by a long shot.

With the exception of some kids on the offensive line, none of the Oakton jv offensive starters are expected (now anyway) to start on varsity next year.

It will come down to coaching and preparation as always in the Concorde, and a little luck (avoiding injuries, etc.).

Posted by: LB89 ()
Date: December 01, 2011 11:20AM

I think Lake Braddock success will depend on the younger players and how fast they progress. The JV and freshmen team were pretty good, so they might be a year away.

They will need to be more balanced in the run and pass, but do they have a RB that can carry the load.

Shanahan very fast, strong rated one of the top players in the class of 2013 Im and not sure why he wasnt used much, but is most likely the starter

The JV RB (cant remember his name)is another possibilty. Good speed and runs low to the ground

Renzi very good athlete, from a family of athletes, should get some carries, but will see most of his time on defense

Hoskins is not durable enough to play RB. He is always injured and will have to play on defense.

Defense is where the coaches will need to focus, will have to play young players and 2 way players here.

Peart Renzi Doe and Hoskins are the returning starters

Peart and Renzi could be all district type players and must lead a group of inexperienced players.

Lake Braddock should be a playoff team again this year but the younger players will need to progress

Posted by: Jimbo ()
Date: December 01, 2011 03:53PM

Madison has 14 starters returning....they should be pretty good.

Posted by: Football ()
Date: December 01, 2011 04:12PM

West Pot is a joke they are expected to do "big things" every year and don't. I think soco is in first and Lb 2nd. Soco has a lot of talent but they will lack in D. LB is very young and will need a lot of help from younger players. But they are very well coached and play in a tough place to play. They are sleepers.

Posted by: Weeee ()
Date: December 01, 2011 04:17PM

WPFan Wrote:
> Broddock is on their way out for the next few
> years the patriot is going to belong to WP and
> SOCO sleeper will be Lee i think Braddock will be
> competitive and pad their wins with gimmie wins
> over the bottom feeders in the district but will
> lose their dominance over WP they have enjoyed the
> past few years

Lee is definitely not a sleeper, they lost the majority of their starters this year, something like 8/11 offensive players and 7/11 defensive.

Posted by: North ()
Date: December 01, 2011 04:27PM

For lb running back I think their best bet would be Hoskins. But he's always hurt for some reason. He's a big strong kid. If he was able to run the ball lb would surpass teams.

Date: December 01, 2011 04:29PM

Lees jv was decent had lots of speed im calling them a sleeper cause they arent bad enough to be grouped with WS Annandale and WT and not quite good enough to be with WP LB and SOCO. and west po is a joke with 7 returning offensive starters including 3 all district players and 2 2nd team all region defense might actually be good at stopping the run they are getting bigger and faster at linebacker and have some pretty good corners including one who got lots of time on varsity last year

Posted by: Sptn1000 ()
Date: December 01, 2011 05:37PM

For LB, Hoskins probably isnt athletic enough to play RB, besides he is always hurt.

Posted by: concordefball ()
Date: December 01, 2011 05:39PM

I think the concorde district title will be between chantilly and oakton considering how bout have many returning players. It should be a great mid season battle!

Posted by: the truth about chantilly ()
Date: December 01, 2011 05:50PM

Are you kidding me, Chantilly? The way they got destroyed and embarassed the second half of the year, that group got exposed in every way possible. So what if the whole team is returning? They had marginal talent in a few posistions, no offensive line (which is a problem when all they want to do is run latterals) or defensive line. Have not had a good pass defense ever under Lalli and have a 4 play playbook, where the crowd is calling the plays before they happen. Oh yea, there is not one good qb at Chantilly at any of the 3 levels. How Chantilly's qb got honorable mention in the Concorde is astonishing.

Then going down to the lower levels, which seems to be a trend on the past few posts, Chantilly jv and freshmen football were both weaker than usual. Chantilly will be down for the next few years. Oakton should be up near the top, but I expect Centreville and Westfield to be right there. Those boys will be ready.

Posted by: oakton ()
Date: December 01, 2011 06:14PM

Lee jv lost to oakton 40 to 0. I doubt there was a lot of talent there.

Posted by: Rb.. ()
Date: December 01, 2011 06:18PM

How good is West Springfields running back? Iv heard alot of good things about him? Is he the best in the region?

Date: December 01, 2011 07:15PM

im basing lees jv off of one game and they were pretty decent they matched up well agains WPs jv

Posted by: backs ()
Date: December 01, 2011 08:04PM

Dunn was a very good running back against the lesser teams. This holds true with most returning running backs. Mike Wandey might have to be the second best iv seen in D6. Although he will have to split carries with fellow back Brooks-Muse and Downer out of the backfield I expect good numbers if there is enough to go around. Then looks for either Ross Simms or Darrius Hicks to step up for big yards next year to help their teams. Alot of top running backs need to be replaced.

Posted by: concordefball ()
Date: December 01, 2011 08:22PM

I think if you put kendell Anderson, manny smith or mike wandey on west Springfield they could easily rush for tons of yards considering the teams west Springfield played so this dunn player has not proven much while the three other backs were game changers

Posted by: fannn ()
Date: December 01, 2011 08:25PM

Oaktons running back was a junior?

Posted by: losses ()
Date: December 01, 2011 08:26PM

I agree with that. I consider the Patriot to be more of a pass first league that is weak up front and the Concord teams to be the opposite. In the scrimage vs oakton he did nothing and the same is said about the games vs south county or robinson. South County played this year as Concord teams are traditionally known for, which is why I include them.

Posted by: losses ()
Date: December 01, 2011 08:27PM

I also do not remember the region seemingly losing so many key players in one year as it is this year? Agree? Disagree?

Date: December 02, 2011 11:12AM

Posted by: Sptn1000 ()
Date: December 01, 2011 05:37PM

For LB, Hoskins probably isnt athletic enough to play RB, besides he is always hurt.

Sptn1000... You're a moron is you think that kid is not athletic enough to play RB. He's not athletic enough to play RB, but can play OLB for the last two years??? GTFOH! If he is ALWAYS hurt, then how much time did he miss in '11? Since you are on the sidelines, you should know. His athleticism is what kept him on the field through injuries, along with heart. But I guess when your Father is coach much like the Quigleys, people don't look at the abilities of the player, just the fact that they get to play "because of their dads!"

Posted by: LB89 ()

Date: December 01, 2011 11:20AM

"They will need to be more balanced in the run and pass, but do they have a RB that can carry the load.

Shanahan very fast, strong rated one of the top players in the class of 2013 Im and not sure why he wasnt used much, but is most likely the starter"

You can take that rating stuff and wipe it with your @$$! Do well at a combine and you get a high rating. Anyone that has been around long enough knows that. But it means nothing when it doesn't translate on the field on Friday night. Shananhan is a Wing-T Fullback, strong and powerful and very straight ahead. Which is the very same thing that the coach at St. John's told him and has yet to come to reality. Would be perfect for Robinson's scheme under Bendorf. His problem is he won't run between the tackles and likes to get outside, and misses blocks in the passing scheme and that's why he wasn't used much. I hear that Florida is looking at him though!

There will be a battle for the QB spot between Koch (Sr) and Coulter (Jr) and neither fall into the mode of what the OC does with the 5-Wide

"Defense is where the coaches will need to focus, will have to play young players and 2 way players here.

Peart Renzi Doe and Hoskins are the returning starters"

I will agree with you here, as I said earlier, the LBs (except for 1) and DBs are all losing Seniors and based on the JV players in those positions, they have their work cut out for them. There may be a couple of Freshman kids that will leap frog some of those guys and have to get OJT. Doe, like Shananhan is ranked at DL in the class of 2013, again from the performance at multiple combines, but his body of work on Friday night in '11 was below average at best!

The coaches will have to get out the mode of not playing guys both ways in order to survive in '12.

Posted by: LB Alum ()
Date: December 02, 2011 11:46AM

Excellent post Coach Hoskins

Posted by: observerva ()
Date: December 02, 2011 12:50PM

Yes, Mike Wandey is a junior.

Posted by: footballfan ()
Date: December 02, 2011 05:50PM

One thing about Lake Braddock they will be ready to play. They have a great coaching staff. They chanced the whole O to better fit themsevles for a playoff run. And almost pulled off a shocked. They could be a 7-3 or 8-2 team.

Date: December 02, 2011 10:10PM

Not at all Coach Hoskins, just a fan that follows what is going on with the team I support. And actually have a realistic outlook. No kids in the program any more and have followed LB football since Dall was running the show.

I doubt very seriously that any Coaches would actually post.

Posted by: Shorttermmemory ()
Date: December 02, 2011 10:44PM

lbjvparent Wrote:
> For what it is worth, Centreville vs Lake Braddock
> JV was a scrimmage on Centreville's practice
> field. Because it started late and they had no
> lights, each team had 3 series of 10 plays, Lake
> Braddock scored 3 times Centreville scored 3
> times.
>
> Lake Braddock JV lost to Westfield JV in a close
> game, tied South County, score was 50-50, very
> high scoring game. The other JV games were blow
> outs by Lake Braddock.
>
> Both Frosh and JV had very good seasons.

The scrimmage was a blowout by Centreville until the second and third string kids came in. When the starters were in Centreville dominated scoring at least 3 times in the first 10 play series.

The same thing happened when we played Oakton, when the starters were in we dominated the game, Oakton scored on the backups. Made the game look much closer than it really was.

Posted by: Oaktonaciever ()
Date: December 02, 2011 10:53PM

What do you think ok CJ on Oakton? Is he the real deal or a lot of hype. Seems like Centerville dominated the Counties best defense in the middle.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: December 02, 2011 11:11PM

1906734-1595201_oh_look_its_this_thread_

Posted by: lbjvparent ()
Date: December 03, 2011 11:03AM

Shorttermmemory Wrote:
> lbjvparent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > For what it is worth, Centreville vs Lake
> Braddock
> > JV was a scrimmage on Centreville's practice
> > field. Because it started late and they had no
> > lights, each team had 3 series of 10 plays,
> Lake
> > Braddock scored 3 times Centreville scored 3
> > times.
> >
> > Lake Braddock JV lost to Westfield JV in a
> close
> > game, tied South County, score was 50-50, very
> > high scoring game. The other JV games were blow
> > outs by Lake Braddock.
> >
> > Both Frosh and JV had very good seasons.
>
>
> The scrimmage was a blowout by Centreville until
> the second and third string kids came in. When the
> starters were in Centreville dominated scoring at
> least 3 times in the first 10 play series.
>
> The same thing happened when we played Oakton,
> when the starters were in we dominated the game,
> Oakton scored on the backups. Made the game look
> much closer than it really was.

No offense, and not trying to argue, but your recollection differs from everyone else that was at the scrimmage. Neither Centreville or LB was dominate in this scrimmage.

It really doesnt matter, I am not sure that it will be a direct reflection on what happens this year anyway.

Posted by: jvdoesntmatter ()
Date: December 04, 2011 12:46PM

I do not think that everyone should be focusing on JV as much as returning starters and players. There is a learning curve with playing varsity and the teams who will be sucessful early in the season are the teams with returning talent and good coaching staffs. ex. West Po, Oakton, Chantilly

Posted by: Wads ()
Date: December 04, 2011 05:17PM

Tough call.

Posted by: patfan ()
Date: December 05, 2011 08:22PM

Comments for the Patriot district

West Potomac front runner for the district and region
South County defense wins championships
Lake Braddock young team, may surprise
Woodson much better year now that the coaching staff has had a year under their belt.
West Springfield good running back not much else
TC Williams good athletes avergae coaching
Lee good athletes good staff
Annandale another tough year

Posted by: DWK99 ()
Date: December 06, 2011 03:56PM

I love how obvious it is that there are coaches (dads) there are on here. You make it so obvious

Posted by: CJ ()
Date: December 06, 2011 04:07PM

How good is CJ the LB on the Oakton team?

Saw Oakton lost the last two games badly and he just did not show anything.

Posted by: senior ()
Date: December 06, 2011 07:11PM

CJ was a senior. The linebackers for Oakton next year are not as good football players as the graduating seniors, but the linebackers will be more athletic. It is too early to tell how big they will be compared to last years, because it is early in the offseason. I felt Oakton's lack of major athleticism in the d line and backers allowed for other teams to take advantage of them late in the season.

Posted by: 88outhegate ()
Date: December 06, 2011 07:46PM

DWK99 Wrote:
> I love how obvious it is that there are coaches
> (dads) there are on here. You make it so obvious

It is amazing that some of these so called "fans" who say they "just follow the team" know so much "inside information". The level of detail is remarkable.

You have to ask yourself:
Where are they getting all of this info?
Would a coach really tell these "fans" specific info on their players?

I would agree, with the level of info that I have seen on here, sounds like coach(dad) on here

Posted by: postparent ()
Date: December 07, 2011 09:41PM

some people just love football and had kids who came up through these programs and built relationships with the coaches. they go to games of all levels to support the program

Posted by: NRTD ()
Date: December 08, 2011 10:53AM

Good Point!

I can see people making some general comments like, big kid, fast, good hands. But to know where someone is ranked in tackles on the team or players who forget the plays or any other specific information. Unless you are at practice everyday how could a fan of the program possibly know that.

Certainly seems like a coach or dad trying to make a name for him or his kid.

Posted by: JV< ()
Date: December 09, 2011 09:49PM

JV and freshman teams dont matter. The freshmen fresmen and sophmores are moved up and all that matters is your varsity team. JV and fresh. is all for pride.

Posted by: cvillefan ()
Date: December 11, 2011 12:16PM

Since the season for '11 is officially over. Is this the official thread now?

Posted by: footballfan2012 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 01:10PM

Top teams 2012 Northern Region

West Potomac - returns the best QB WR tandem Henderson Pierson-El in the region.
A ton of athletes and a huge line

Westfield - Best coaching staff in the state

Stone Bridge - Returning QB Burns will have a much better year, Allen may be the best player in the state.

Team that could surprise 2012

Centreville - loses alot, but has a ton of athletes that may surprise

TC Williams - returns QB and and a ton of athletes could be a team to watch

Chantilly - Coaching staff hurts them, but they have a ton of hard nosed players

Teams that will struggle 2012

Robinson - no notable players returning, caoching staff questions fit.

Lake Braddock - no notable players returning no running game or passing game this year.

Annandale - no talent, no coaching

Posted by: skinsfan ()
Date: December 11, 2011 01:50PM

Robinson and lb are gonna struggle next year

Posted by: Buzz ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:01PM

Oakton is expected to be strong next year. Many key skill players are coming back. They will put up points. Main question will be their D.

Posted by: my thoughts ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:28PM

Top Team

West Pot: Several young players with experience, including a top QB prospect

Contenders

Madison: Second year under new coach. Look for a solid team who could surprise

Chantilly: Althetes returning. Still question decision making fro QB and must replace key parts on offense and D.

Westfield: Lose almost everyone, but will still continue to be competitive after the pieces fall in place.

Oakton: Offensive fire power with what should be the biggest o-line out of Oakton in years. Entire secondary returns.

TC: Typical TC team. Great athleticism, need to see if they can put it together.

Keep Eyes on

Herndon: Feel they are primed to scare a couple people this year and make it to the playoffs

LB: Always seem to get it done. Could come out and sneak in the picture in a down year.

Out of It

Lee
Woodson
Annandale
Marshall

*Stone Bridge: I am still not sure about this team. Burns is said to be a great QB but he is losing practiaclly his only target #1 and made too many mistakes to be a division 1 QB. The Chantilly game was awful. I do not see the talent yet. I expect them to be good, but not as good as the school is customed to.

Posted by: stonebridgefan ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:50PM

I agree, the QB from Stone Bridge is horrible. He is 6'5 220, passes the look test and he looks great throwing on air.
I have seen him play 4 games and he was not very good. A big disappointment.

I also saw him at a few camps and everyone was all over him. Put him in a game situation and he is just awful.

He has offers from BC and UVa, I wonder if they are still on the table.
I dont see how after they see him on film. It is one thing to have the size, but he simply isnt a good QB, maybe he can play TE.

Posted by: pdc fb1 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:37PM

Go ahead and sleep on West Springfield. Watch out for them next year

Posted by: 4shiznits ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:57PM

Never thought about it much before, but the teams that make it to regional champs round and to the state round get 3 to 5 weeks of extra practice for their young players. The juniors,JV and freshman players have an opportunity to get so much more football under their belt and it helps teams stay at or near the top if teams take advantage of it. Teams that take advantage of bringing up their young players tend to benifit a year or two after a good playoff run. Ok so it is obvious but i never really thought about it. Phoebus has some sr's that have had close to 20 more weeks of football practice than most. part of the reason they are staying at the top?

Posted by: Wonderin ()
Date: December 12, 2011 09:47AM

What happened to Chantilly this year that caused their poor performance over the last games? Injuries? Turmoil? Other than Herndon win, they fell flat after losing to Westfield.

Posted by: just bad ()
Date: December 12, 2011 07:16PM

They played a incredibly weak schedule to start off. When they got to the district they were exposed. Fights regularly broke out during practice. QB couldnt take control and made bone head decisions. Just overall not talented or smart enough to make noise

Posted by: the truth about chantilly ()
Date: December 12, 2011 07:49PM

just bad Wrote:
> They played a incredibly weak schedule to start
> off. When they got to the district they were
> exposed. Fights regularly broke out during
> practice. QB couldnt take control and made bone
> head decisions. Just overall not talented or
> smart enough to make noise

Chantilly's out-of-district schedule was just as hard as the other Concorde teams. They took on Stone Bridge the 1 seed in D5, West Springfield who contended for 1 of the 3 non-Concorde spots in the playoffs and was the first one out, and Langley was an okay playoff team, before their qb went down which was when they faced them.

In district there is no doubt the level of competition went up exponentially, but the talent differential wasn't nearly as big as the results indicated. That team folded and gave up after a couple ass kickings. The line got dominated though, and they had the worst qb in the district (who got an honorable mention, wow) which crippled them. Even more so was the play calling, I get there a run team, but it didn't work with the weak line.

People are saying this team should be good next year, as they return almost all key players, but really? They seem like a team that will fold when the going gets tough, I do not know how a team responds to a second half of the season like they had.

Posted by: looo ()
Date: December 12, 2011 07:59PM

Teams that might struggle

Lake Braddock- a young team but they might come out with some wins

Annandale- they have young guys, but little speed .But the team itself has pride and might surprise

Woodson-Lost some key players, might not recover for a while

Chantilly-If they can get their act together

Tc-No discipline

Posted by: pat riots ()
Date: December 13, 2011 10:44AM

West Potomac will clearly dominate the Patriot district this year.

1. WP - Top team Very athletic, QB WR returning, big Oline
2. SC - DE returning,best defensive player in the district, Always tough on D
3. TC Williams - always a wildcard returning QB with a few athletes could be their year
4. West Springfield - great RB with a decent QB could surprise
5. Woodson - 5 returners should be better this year
6. LB - no offense + no skill players = tough year
7. Lee - no returners, but could be athletic team
8. Annandale - another tough year with many more to come

Posted by: shallow ()
Date: December 13, 2011 04:42PM

I believe this year you will see 3, maybe 4 teams dominate division 6. I cant see South County being good again the following year, but see two or three teams out of the concord as well as West Potomic controlling the region.

Posted by: wshs ()
Date: December 14, 2011 05:43PM

We are sleeping on West Springfield, because yes they may be returning "12 starters" but what did those players do last year? What did they accomplish? Who did they beat that is even worth discussing? Yes they do have a good running back, but that doesnt make their team. They will probably be a playoff team, nothing more.

Posted by: footballfan88 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 10:01PM

Has anyone heard if they filled the Oakton, Herndon and McLean football head coaching positions?

I heard the Oakton job would be filled by the interim coach, but hadnt heard anything about the others.

Posted by: region insider ()
Date: December 14, 2011 10:06PM

Oakton will bring back their interim coach, he did a fine job, this is just a formality for affirmative action. Herndon is still vacant, Mclean has been filled but has not released a name. Then new in to the mix, the job at Marshall is now open.

Posted by: ramfan ()
Date: December 14, 2011 10:38PM

What about all of those Ex Robinson coaches I would think at least one of those would be in the mix. I believe that there were a few of them who applied for the Robinson position.

Where did they end up?

Posted by: gotchu ()
Date: December 14, 2011 11:03PM

Coach Blaire and Francese both had a breif stint at south county in the offseason.
Blaire went to LB and francese followed suit as the D.C. when he didnt get the soco job. Those are the two that left robo. Not sure if they are applying for the openings. I doubt it

Posted by: ram06 ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:24AM

I forgot about them going to Braddock, that must have been weird for them.

Coach Francese is a great DC he should be in position to get a head coach job.
He should be running his own program. Herndon would be a good place for him.

I think it was crazy not to hire him at Robinson, I wonder if they are regretting that now.

Posted by: Coaches ()
Date: January 02, 2012 10:15PM

Rowley was introduced as Oaktons head coach, dropping the interim title. He has a great group of kids that should contend for district, region, and state titles.

Posted by: nr ()
Date: January 02, 2012 11:03PM

Any word on the McLean or Herndon openings.

Posted by: OaktonAlum ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:51AM

Did Oakton interview anyone else for the position? If so, who? If not, why did this take so long?

Posted by: Oakton Interview Process ()
Date: January 03, 2012 01:41PM

Oakton interviewed a few candidates, as a formality it is required. I know they interviewed coaches on Madison, Centreville and West Springfield's staffs, but I think they were always set on Rowley who did a fine job over at Oakton.

Posted by: fan ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:28PM

senior Wrote:
> CJ was a senior. The linebackers for Oakton next
> year are not as good football players as the
> graduating seniors, but the linebackers will be
> more athletic. It is too early to tell how big
> they will be compared to last years, because it is
> early in the offseason. I felt Oakton's lack of
> major athleticism in the d line and backers
> allowed for other teams to take advantage of them
> late in the season.

As a fan of Oakton I do not agree with this statement. I can only account for 1 linebacker that's coming up that would have been more athletic than any of the 3 linebackers Oakton had. Maybe in the offseason they'll make some gains but I'm pretty sure 2 of Oaktons linebackers were 3 year starters and that game experience is not coachable.

Posted by: hmmmmmmm ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:29PM

senior Wrote:
> CJ was a senior. The linebackers for Oakton next
> year are not as good football players as the
> graduating seniors, but the linebackers will be
> more athletic. It is too early to tell how big
> they will be compared to last years, because it is
> early in the offseason. I felt Oakton's lack of
> major athleticism in the d line and backers
> allowed for other teams to take advantage of them
> late in the season.

As a fan of Oakton I do not agree with this statement. I can only account for 1 linebacker that's coming up that would have been more athletic than any of the 3 linebackers Oakton had. Maybe in the offseason they'll make some gains but I'm pretty sure 2 of Oaktons linebackers were 3 year starters and that game experience is not coachable.

Posted by: jdiz ()
Date: January 03, 2012 08:17PM

if yall oakton niggas aint got more athltic backers den last year yall screwed and gonna get yo asses run outa da district again dis year

Posted by: WP 2012 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 11:27PM

i dont know why people are calling LB a sleeper next year. They will have no passing game for the first time in a long time. And no running game again. There running backs are very soft and will NOT be able to run the ball against the competition they play. There defense will Not be as good as last year because they do not have any playmakers. Bottom Line is West Potomac will cruise to a 2nd district title in 2 years

Posted by: pat riot ()
Date: January 04, 2012 01:01AM

Who is saying LB is going to be good!Or even a sleeper!
This will be a down year for them, maybe 4-6 or 5-5

I dont think the offense will be very good.
They havent been able to run the ball for the past few years.
I dont see this year being any different
Now this year they will not be able to throw it either.
Not a good situation

The Defense struggled last year against the better teams, Something they were not use to. I think losing the DC to Woodson really hurt them. Braddock has usually had very good defenses the past 4 or 5 years.They do not return very many on defense this year, so it could be a very long year.

Posted by: concord ()
Date: January 04, 2012 12:07PM

I do not follow much outside the concord but i did see braddock play and do not see anything special in the near future. I would say the same for south county as well withthe exception of burkes. I saw west springfield scrimmage ver early and i saw little besides their running back in a read option gamme which can easily be taken away if prepared for well. Correct me if im wrong but it sounds like west pot will seemmingly be the only competition for concord teams

Posted by: Don't Forget the Stallions ()
Date: January 04, 2012 12:30PM

South County will remain legit. There putting in 6-8 hours a week in weight and agility training, and the season just ended. Pannoni has the guys commited over there and I expect them to be great next year. Hard work does pay off.

Next Year's contenders (D5 and D6): West Potomac, Stone Bridge, South County, Chantilly, Centreville, Westfield, Oakton

*Centreville and Westfield have a lot of talent coming up, but with them losing so much, this is Chantilly's year if they put the work in, with almost all key players returning.

Posted by: Veryfunny ()
Date: January 04, 2012 02:28PM

Don't Forget the Stallions Wrote:
>
> ... this is Chantilly's year if they put the work in,
> with almost all key players returning.
>

And yet they will lose to Oakton again. LOL!

Date: January 04, 2012 03:54PM

Oakton lost all their speed, I don't think many people will have to worry about them. Even when Chantilly tanked losing by 4 touchdowns to Westfield and Centreville, losing by 2 touchdowns to an inferior Robinson team, Oakton only beat them by 7 with all their seniors.

Like I said, if they put the work in this offseason, Chantilly is primed to take the Concorde. They will lose a lot after this year and don't have much coming up so this may be their only opportunity for a while.

Posted by: are you dumb? ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:52PM

Please inform me what speed Oakton has lost. Also Please inform me who Chantilly brings back. Also If you are unaware every team in the country is holding workouts to get better they are not the only team improving. Chantilly had fights break out every day in practice because they are all in it for themselfs. They are not a team. Chantillys program struggled mightily last year and returning anything for them is not positive

Date: January 04, 2012 11:12PM

For one, most of Oakton's defense was seniors, I am sorry I do not know high schoolers by name.

Chantilly brings back the whole oline, their qb, two running backs that are more explosive than the two seniors that graduated and most key posistions on the defense. While they had a bad second half of the year, an offseason after significant game play can work wonders and it's no suprise the team with the most returnees is usually in it when it's all said and done. Look at Westfield who was a 6 seed then ran the table to the region championship game.

As for Chantilly fights, who? How would you know? Give me a break, you're the dumb one.

Posted by: Madison ()
Date: January 09, 2012 05:51PM

Quit your bitching about Chantilly they suck. Their QB is dead awful and makes worse decisions off the field than on it. Madison is gonna run the table. Yall wait and see

Posted by: Chan rb ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:03PM

Heard that the Chantilly soph tb "moved" to oakton

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 10:33PM

Which one? Both the good ones are on the Chantilly basketball team. If you got a back up jv player, good for you.

Posted by: Cvillefan ()
Date: January 12, 2012 07:03PM

Centreville is poised to be good for the next 4 years at least. Great Coaching staff who have implemented their systems and have the Horses coming out in droves for off season work outs. Players who are already in place to fill in for the State Runner up Seniors.

Who ever said JV does not matter is an idiot. JV players are your next years team, if your JV team is good, you will have a good Varsity team the next year. NOW if your JV team is no good it does not mean you will not have a good varsity team. If you have a good core of Sophmores or even Freshman who play Varsity then it is hard to field a competitive JV team. Westfield has been re loading for years. Centreville is now in that position. Watch out for Centreville at the end of next year, they will be ready to win another Region Championship.

Posted by: what I said ()
Date: January 16, 2012 06:44PM

I said JV doesnt matter as much when you account for returning varsity players. Returning varsity players are easily the most important piece to rebuilding a team. I am not sure but I do not believe that Cvill has any returning all-district selections, which puts them at a disadvantage. Nor do I see any underclassmen who made an impact on varsity. It is possible to have stud JV players who do not pan out on varsity. Look for the teams with the established varsity players

Posted by: lolfuzbowl ()
Date: January 16, 2012 06:59PM

lol this thread is totally NOT homo.

Posted by: is this true ()
Date: January 17, 2012 05:42PM

I heard somewhere that Raeshawn Smith is moving to Oakton. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The kid is pretty damn good.

Date: January 18, 2012 12:36AM

is this true Wrote:
> I heard somewhere that Raeshawn Smith is moving to
> Oakton. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The kid
> is pretty damn good.

He is real good, but he is playing behind players his age and younger at Chantilly for both football and basketball. It would make sense for him to go over to Oakton and be a starter for certain in both football and basketball. I think he may be better than the Chantilly counterparts starting over him, but it won't be a big loss for Chantilly as they don't use him much.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:07AM

region insider Wrote:
> For one, most of Oakton's defense was seniors, I
> am sorry I do not know high schoolers by name.
>
> Chantilly brings back the whole oline, their qb,
> two running backs that are more explosive than the
> two seniors that graduated and most key posistions
> on the defense. While they had a bad second half
> of the year, an offseason after significant game
> play can work wonders and it's no suprise the team
> with the most returnees is usually in it when it's
> all said and done. Look at Westfield who was a 6
> seed then ran the table to the region championship
> game.
>
> As for Chantilly fights, who? How would you know?
> Give me a break, you're the dumb one.

I have one point to make on the Chantilly Offense, in the game vs Westfield they tried this read-option style of offense with the Qb 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage...I am sorry but this is not division 1-A college football, the read-option will not work in the concorde district especially with the emphasis that is put on run stopping on defense in this district.

For Chantilly to do well this year, they have to learn how to pass the ball. Sure the ground game is good at chewing away clock but to put points on the board you have to throw the ball as well. Running the ball got Chantilly no where because of how ready in the concorde district teams were to stop the run game. Oscar Smith showed everyone what you have to do to beat a very good concorde district team...you have to pass the ball. Put the game in the Qb's hands and throw the dang ball.

As always for Concord district you have to look out for Westfield and Centreville again this year. Don't be surprised if Oakton and Chantilly do well again and sleep on Herndon and Robinson but don't completely count them out.

Posted by: still confused ()
Date: January 18, 2012 05:35PM

I dont see how everyone can continue to favor Westfield and Cvill in the district. These two teams basically lose all starters on both sides of the ball. There JV teams were good but other teams had players who got significant playing time and varsity recognition

Date: January 19, 2012 04:20AM

yes however as above posts say, WHS played 75% juniors on their JV team last year, that means their varsity team this year will be 75% seniors correct? last time I checked, Westfield has a very large team. You do the math.

Posted by: Fball Fan ()
Date: January 19, 2012 09:09AM

Every Bodies thoughts on Patriot District this year?

Posted by: Passing Guru ()
Date: January 19, 2012 09:23AM

If you don't have at least a 1AA or 1A calibre QB forget about throwing the ball. How many Div 1A QB's have come out of NOVA? The Glennon brothers, Renner, Lalich, Neibrich....who else?

My point is that without these types of players, you can't be pass heavy offense.

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: January 20, 2012 08:51PM

Lb and ws are returning the most starters this year right?

Posted by: CrazyFOOtball ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:12AM

yes

Date: January 23, 2012 10:26AM

Actually,

Returning Starters:

WS - 12

WP and Chantilly - 10

Annandale - 8

and 5 schools with 7

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:37PM

how do you count returning starters? Are you counting kids that started 1 game or several?

Posted by: Rob ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:46PM

Plus south county has Junior QB Ben martin coming back from not playing this season for surgery I believe.

Also Oren Burks is a D1 prospect that will take control from Devin VanDyke next year.

Team is pretty solid for losing so many senior starters.

Posted by: Losers ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:53PM

haha it's virginia high school football people. and the season isn't for another 8.5 months or so. Unless it's kids posting on here, I find it rather weird for grown men to be posting their thoughts on HS football. Call me crazy

Posted by: 703vet ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:08PM

Are you suggesting we take up the local college football team instead? Oh wait. Thats right.

Date: January 24, 2012 04:17PM

Mason has a club football team, you spend your time trying to get support for them so that they can became a D-1 team....

Posted by: Info? ()
Date: January 24, 2012 06:30PM

greenman Wrote:
> how do you count returning starters? Are you
> counting kids that started 1 game or several?

I want to know because for some schools I could count alot more. And where do you get all this research from? Because im sure some schools were favored over others, because I know some had more/less than said

Date: January 24, 2012 11:34PM

Combined from both sides of the ball. Taken from games watched either in person or on Gameday. Some are multiple games others are singles, so it is not an exact science and may have a differential +/- of a couple of players.

Posted by: Mclean and Marshall's New Coaches ()
Date: January 29, 2012 12:09AM

Mclean has hired Dennis Worek as their football coach. Not a bad hire at all, but at 59, seems a little old for the job, but more power to him if he wants to stick with it for several years. Worek a retired FCPS administrator, was the defensive coordinator at Jefferson last year, and head coached at Langley in the 1980's and Madison in the 1990's.

Marshall has also made their hire, Greg Sullivan. Coach Sullivan is a Marshall graduate who is also on the older side at 51. Coach Sullivan was the offensive coordinator at Mclean High School, after head coacing the TC Williams football program for 3 years.

With both hires, this wraps up the head coaching vacancies in the county for the time being. Any thoughts?

Posted by: In the know... ()
Date: January 29, 2012 08:17AM

Worek is bring his son on staff and from my understanding is son will take over the program in a couple of years.

Sullivan is a bad hire. Shit, McLean didn't want the guy. Marshall should have taken the hint!

Posted by: West Po will open soon ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:11PM

Rumor has it that will Henderson most likley removed soon.

Posted by: nrwatcher ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:23PM

Why would they want him gone, the program is starting to turn the corner.
His kid is the main reason they are going to be successfull.
That just deosnt make any sense.

Posted by: theU92 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:47PM

According to Rivals Lake Braddock has 2 football Blue Chippers:
Top 10 players at their postion. 1 on offense, 1 on defense.

Kyle Shanahan, RB, 5'11" 195, 40 time 4.3
Schools interested Florida, Duke, South Carolina, Maryland.
Should be one of the top returning RB in the region.

Dean Doe, DL, 6'2" 235, 40 time 4.7,
Schools interested Maryland, Va Tech, Marshall.
Doe lead the team in tackles and sacks in 2011.

I am not sure what they have coming back, but that should keep Braddock in contention this year.

Posted by: concoredrulz ()
Date: January 30, 2012 10:26AM

Centreville and Westfield are still the teams to beat!

Teams that could contend
Chantilly
Oakton
TC Williams
West Potomac

Teams on the bubble
Lake Braddock
Robinson
West Springfield

Team with no chance
all the rest

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: January 30, 2012 12:12PM

concoredrulz Wrote:
> Centreville and Westfield are still the teams to
> beat!
>
> Teams that could contend
> Chantilly
> Oakton
> TC Williams
> West Potomac
>
> Teams on the bubble
> Lake Braddock
> Robinson
> West Springfield
>
> Team with no chance
> all the rest

Can you please explain how Cvill and West field are the teams to beat combined they have 8 starters returning (Westfield 3, Cvill 5). Most teams thought to be in contention have at least 8 total. Plus most of these players are not skill position players, only linemen with the exception of a few. None of which made a substantial impact

Posted by: concordplaya ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:45PM

I would have to agree, Centreville and Westfield are the teams to beat!

Both have very good staffs and both have very good JV and Freshmen programs from last year.

Both teams had a number of blow outs, so the younger players got a chance to play in most of the varsity games.

If its not those 2, then who?

Posted by: bulldog2014 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:49PM

theU92 Wrote:
> According to Rivals Lake Braddock has 2 football
> Blue Chippers:
> Top 10 players at their postion. 1 on offense, 1
> on defense.
>
> Kyle Shanahan, RB, 5'11" 195, 40 time 4.3
> Schools interested Florida, Duke, South Carolina,
> Maryland.
> Should be one of the top returning RB in the
> region.

I dont remember either of those players doing anything against West field
>
> Dean Doe, DL, 6'2" 235, 40 time 4.7,
> Schools interested Maryland, Va Tech, Marshall.
> Doe lead the team in tackles and sacks in 2011.
>
> I am not sure what they have coming back, but that
> should keep Braddock in contention this year.

Posted by: area ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:35PM

First off both Lake Braddock guys are not very good. You refered to them as blue chippers who are 10 ten in their position. If you are saying in the country you are insane. Maybe in the region they could be top 10, but without a wealth of knowledge you couldnt make that assumption.

West Potomic should be the team to beat. Caleb Henderson will most likely be a D1 quarterback someday. I think he already has an offer. But Westfield and Centreville will not be the best two teams, not even the best in their district. Chantilly and Oakton will be the top 2 in the district, still chasing West Po. The reason they will be competitive is because the key players that they return over JV and Freshman records. They have MEANINGFUL experience and led both of their teams to good seasons. Westfield and Centreville should still be in contention for high playoff spots. I am still not buying into Lake Braddock hype because it seems to happen year after year, but this time they have no Nebrich or Quiglys to back it up.

Lastly with signing day coming around I was wondering who is going to play where in college. Just interested in hearing about anyone D1-D3. Just list the player, high school, college, division, and position.

Posted by: the u92 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 01:24PM

According to Rivals, Both Doe and Shanahan from Lake Braddock, already have offers going into their senior year and most likely will have more to come.

They didnt have stats for Shanahan, but Doe lead the team in tackles and sacks
Both are leaders on and off the field.

Again not sure what they have coming back to put around these 2, but it sure is a nice buidling block.

Posted by: facts ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:29PM

Date: January 31, 2012 03:32PM

Playing in college from Oakton

CJ Reiman, LB - William and Mary 1aa

Tuck Masker,QB- Walk on Coastal Carolina1aa

Jake Farrar, DL - Walk on Richmond 1aa

Orey Harris, TE - Waynesburg, d3

Ian Hartan, DB - John Hopkins, d3

Posted by: Jerry's Always Watching ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:40PM

I heard from a legitimate source that the McLean head job was offered to Howels on the Woodson staff. Although they didnt do well, he knows some of the people over there apparently (according to Woodson DSA) they had called about the situation there at Woodson and inquired about him but he decided he doesnt want the job right now so they are keeping that on the dl and re-opening it up again.

Posted by: west po man ()
Date: January 31, 2012 08:47PM

Bit of a problem at West Po, coach may be out and take his son with him to a private school. issue with QB controversy last season sr was moved over for coach's son although we all know coaches son is pretty good. apparently the sr QB was descent also. seems like not a big deal but the details will be a little messy. could blow over and nothing may come of it. TBD.

Posted by: Not true ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:58PM

Not true Jerry. Dennis Worek got the McLean job. Brian Day turned it down several weeks ago.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 01, 2012 06:51AM

Jimbo Wrote:
> Madison has 14 starters returning....they should
> be pretty good.

It's Madison Time!

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Posted by: re West Po Man ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:32AM

I don't have the inside track at West Po, but Henderson did apply and interview for the O'Connell job. There was an offer and it is rumored that he turned it down. This was about two weeks ago, so it may add to why they may want him out.

I hear that even some of the players thought that the Sr. QB should have been the starter and could not get into a rhythm because he wanted to get his son reps/experience.

Sounds like a little trouble down there off of Rte. 1!

Posted by: re Facts ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:58AM

I'm gonna call BS too.

First, Dean didn't lead the team in anything, well maybe getting blown off the line. He does't come close to running a 4.7 40, he is quick off the ball, but only has one move, and that is not good enough to warrant interest. LB's leaders in tackling were 1) Tkac 2) Long 3) Hoskins 4) Montemayor and I believe either Montemayor or Peart were leaders in sacks. Don't pad your stats when it can be be proven. That won't help you get a scholly!

Shanahan is fast, but not 4.3. LB's coaches would be idiots to keep 4.3 off the field. Probably closer to 4.6. And this is just it, kinda hard to be one of the best in the region and you struggle to get on the field consistently. Strong kid, but doesn't have very good hips nor field vision, tough to think that schools would give offers with that type of assessment.

These two are "ranked" because they have attended a few combines and placed well there. Problem is, it doesn't translate onto the field. They are far from blue chip and LB doesn't have anyone that D-1 schools are knocking at the door. I don't think either of the two made honorable mention in the district, so all of the sudden they are going to dominate? GTFOH!

IJS - If you believe the Rivals bull, then I got some property in the everglades for sale.

Posted by: yourstruly ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:38PM

Thanks Coach!

Posted by: nova92 ()
Date: February 01, 2012 06:36PM

My assessment?

It doesnt matter who at LB was running back last year. There oline was terrible and run blocking.
Shanahan- very fast ( faster than a 4.6 closer to a 4.4) and strong. I dont know whe re people are getting that he has bad hips? He ( along with the other backs) never got a chance to get in the open field and do anything! 95% of the time the oline missed a block and all there backs got tackled at the line. The kid is at the wrong program. You put him at robo and he'd be a star. The coaches at lb are were trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Doe- an strong and decently fast player. However, he seems to be a little uncoordinated. Also, like said before he seemed to get blown back a good amount. However, they had a new defensive coordinator and this was his first year playing varsity. Its expected he improves.

Im pretty sure none of them have any offers at this point.

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: February 01, 2012 07:19PM

Not true Wrote:
> Not true Jerry. Dennis Worek got the McLean job.
> Brian Day turned it down several weeks ago.

I believe it was Bryan Howels from Woodson who turned it down....just sayin. That was the rumor at the last DSA meeting. Maybe they both turned it down...who knows. Best of luck to the new head coach there.

Posted by: re Yours trully ()
Date: February 01, 2012 09:50PM

Not a coach, actually a player on the squad that had front row seat.

The point was being made that they were "Blue Chippers," and ranked within their class. Shanahan is fast going in a straight line, and no where near 4.4. I've seen him get beat in a race by Tanner, a couple of times. You need hips to move laterally which he doesn't do very well. If he had hips, Van Dyke wouldn't have punished him on the very first play against SoCo. You have a point, might be in the wrong program, but even at Robinson (Bendorf's version) you have to be able to make a cut, even at FB. Keep in mind, he transferred back to LB, a passing team, so maybe HE was trying to fit into a round hole. IJS, you go back to a school that is 98% pass and you were a RB at St. John's, something doesn't add up.

If you think Dean is fast, you should stop smoking whatever it is you are on. Peep his highlight tape on hudl. Yeah it was his first year on Varsity, but the coaches only put him out there because they did not have anyone else to DE. Dean has an upside, and talks about how Oregon and a couple of other schools have offered, hope his DREAMS come true!

Let me just say as a player with average talent, our team has a lot of work to do! I hope these two do well, because we are going to need them!

Posted by: yourstrulyknows ()
Date: February 02, 2012 01:03AM

I think everyone knows who you are, Coach

Hahahaha

Date: February 03, 2012 11:08AM

BUSTED!!!!
Now thats funny

Posted by: stickynote ()
Date: February 04, 2012 03:31PM

I wonder who that could of been....

Posted by: LB91 ()
Date: February 04, 2012 08:38PM

I think most know who it is.

Posted by: Class of 2014 ()
Date: February 04, 2012 11:28PM

You think you know, but you don't know sh!t! I rep the Class of 2014, hard! What? Bout to reck shop this year y'dig. Yall just mad that I know the deal and speak on it, so you figure it has to be a coach, so 'effing wrong!

Posted by: stickynote ()
Date: February 05, 2012 12:48AM

Yes I'm sure a sure that was a sophomore posting (lol) I'm pretty sure a sophomore wouldn't know that type of information. I'm going to ignore the fact that the first post sounded like a 40 year old man and that this sounds like some random fagot. this is kinda getting pathetic

Posted by: lbforever ()
Date: February 05, 2012 02:22AM

The kids don't have any offers and we all know but that doesn't mean that they're bad players. why would anyone say they have offers when they don't anyway? Btw, its quite possible for young players like Jason, Kyle, Dean, and romario to be getting contacted by colleges and get offers later. Just look at Nick Weiler. Maybe you should try not to sound so obvious coach Hoskins

Posted by: mdhigh ()
Date: February 05, 2012 12:26PM

That's right. Also, Romario and Jason were both second team all-district and Dean and Kyle were both honorable mention all-districtcoach. You should check your info before you rag on your players

Posted by: HM ()
Date: February 05, 2012 02:11PM

Honorable mention is complete bs. All a coach has to do is nominate a player and they recieve honorable mention. A kid could not play a single snap all year and get honorable mention. It is not an accomplishment.

Posted by: regionShock ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:16PM

Shows how much you know about football

Posted by: Coach Hoskins ()
Date: February 09, 2012 07:56AM

And yes this is actually him. This is my first and last post on Fairfaxunderground! The only reason why I am posting now is because my son told me this BS was up here and my name was mentioned.

I have much better things to do than sit up online on a message board than rag on CHILDREN, especially the ones that I coach. Those that know me, know that I speak my mind and tell players how I feel - to their face, not some cowardly way on the internet.

So whatever player or parent for that matter that has an issue or feels the need to talk, I am at the school almost daily. Keep my name out this mess!

Date: February 09, 2012 08:54AM

South County jr OLB Oren Burks(6-4 195) Received his first offer yesterday--NC State. Burks is receiving serious interest from about 13 BCS level schools to include BC, VT, UVA Penn State and others. Oren was HM All Met this past season. 1st Team patriot District LB.

Posted by: juniorrank ()
Date: February 11, 2012 11:54PM

He wasn't honorable mention all-met. He wasn't first team all-region so he couldn't have been honorable mention all-met.

Date: February 12, 2012 12:45PM

To Juniorrank-- before you doubt something --this is a very easy fact to check-- oren burks HM all met LB go to the post website see the first name under HM LB http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/highschools/2011/fall-all- met/football-defense/

you don't have to be selected All region to make all met HM

South county's kicker Fergerson made 2nd team all met and was not selected all region either.
Facts are Facts-- opinions are well________

Date: February 12, 2012 12:50PM

Posted by: Whyh8andy ()
Date: February 12, 2012 06:52PM

Why is everyone hating on Annandale?

Posted by: nregionwatcher ()
Date: February 14, 2012 11:27PM

Dean Doe from Braddock is rising quickly

Virginia VTO Camp
The defensive line group was quite possibly the deepest pool of talent at the event with several of the participants holding major BCS offers and many others on the recruiting radar of Division I programs both this season and in the near future.? One that caught the eye of Rod Johnson was Lake Braddock rising junior (Class of 2013) Dean Doe. "The rising junior has a solid frame for the defensive line position, is quick off the ball and could be the spotlight player in Lake Braddock's defensive front for next season. Doe is a solid rising junior prospect who is set up for a breakout season this Fall moving him up recruiting boards for the Class of 2013. Waiting for his first scholarship offer, Dean Doe is certainly on the recruiting radar. Notre Dame is the latest school to show interest in the defensive lineman.

Date: February 15, 2012 08:37AM

SOCO jr OLB Oren Burks gets 2nd offer WVU. 1st was NC State--Also BC, UVA, VT, and Penn state very interested. Lee LB/RB Kargbo moved to SOCO this year he is also a very good player.

Posted by: dear mr doe ()
Date: February 15, 2012 07:01PM

Dear Mr. Doe/ Dean
Stop trying to get yourself publicity.
Thank you

Posted by: allmet ()
Date: February 16, 2012 10:43PM

Oren Burks (2013) OLB gets his third offer from UVA today.

Posted by: Coach Gibbs ()
Date: February 18, 2012 05:17PM

Burks is a beast. It's nice to see Northern Region players get college looks.

Given the immense talent pool graduating this year in the Concorde, any early reports as to potential college prospects among the rising seniors and juniors for this fall?

Posted by: Dean D ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:45PM

This is actually Dean and I had no idea fairfax underground existed until one of my friends told me this stuff was up here. I'm not trying to harbor any feelings of hatred towards me so I would like to stop being a topic of conversation. I'm just trying to do what I do and hopefully get the offer I want.

Posted by: EdisonEaglesFan ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:53AM

Do not sleep on the mighty Edison Eagles. Edison's coaching staff is utterly brilliant. It is anyones guess what type of explosive offense or defense teams should worry about in 2012! Watch out, beware, the Edison Eagles and Coach Anthony Parker are here!!!!!!! Fear the Eagles!

Posted by: nova watcher ()
Date: February 27, 2012 04:32PM

I've heard rumors that Oakton's rising senior QB. Kyle Downer, is getting some looks. Anyone got any specifics? Great news for Kyle and his family if that's true.

Date: February 27, 2012 06:32PM

I read that today on Virginia Preps as I assume you did too, but biggest news out of Oakton Chris Durrant was offered a full ride this past weekend by Old Dominion. Its one offer but I believe many more are to come.

Posted by: Beetejuice ()
Date: February 27, 2012 09:28PM

Great news for Chris. He should help anchor that Oakton line this fall. Good news for Kyle Downer too. LOL.

Posted by: spring visits ()
Date: February 27, 2012 09:31PM

Im sure Downer is like most other prospects at this point making visits to colleges same with Durrant. Both Durrant and Jonnathan Dunn from West Springfield were offered by ODU on their junior dayss

Posted by: the real deal ()
Date: February 27, 2012 09:46PM

I am a sophomore at oakton and I can say Downer Durrant and Wandey all get large amounts of mail. They have been talking about visits and went to W&M last weekend. Chris went to ODU after. They all plan on visiting at least 5 colleges for junior days. Ryan Ladson is planning on taking visits as well

Posted by: fuck you ()
Date: February 28, 2012 07:52PM

^^^ no one fucking cares its high school sports

Date: February 28, 2012 07:55PM

woah woah woah.. these are d1 AA schools.......

you have to bench press like, at LEAST 95 lbs to get a scholarship there.

hats off to these kids, putting the time in the weight room.

Posted by: news flash ()
Date: February 28, 2012 08:58PM

Division 6 Northern Region had 1 full scholarship D1 athlete last year. Hats off to these kids for putting in the time. I can only hope the best for all Northern Region athletes

Posted by: LMAO ()
Date: February 29, 2012 05:34PM

Posted by: EdisonEaglesFan ()
Date: February 22, 2012 07:53AM

Do not sleep on the mighty Edison Eagles. Edison's coaching staff is utterly brilliant. It is anyones guess what type of explosive offense or defense teams should worry about in 2012! Watch out, beware, the Edison Eagles and Coach Anthony Parker are here!!!!!!! Fear the Eagles!

Dream on :) I needed a good roaring laugh this evening, Thanks.

Date: March 08, 2012 12:09PM

west potomac fires football coach henderson

Date: March 08, 2012 12:29PM

Any details, I suppose that means his son is leaving the program too. They were the region favorites for next year.

Posted by: Snowman ()
Date: March 08, 2012 01:13PM

Posted by: nrguy ()
Date: March 08, 2012 01:29PM

West Potomac had to be one of the top returning teams in the region for this year.
Im guessing now his kid will now go to a private school.

That really shakes things up in the northern region

Posted by: Cvillefan ()
Date: March 08, 2012 03:54PM

nrguy Wrote:
> West Potomac had to be one of the top returning
> teams in the region for this year.
> Im guessing now his kid will now go to a private
> school.
>
> That really shakes things up in the northern
> region

Is this for real? If it is, UNBELIEVABLE... is this related to the fact that he played his kid over a Latino Senior who sucked? I almost do not believe it. I did read where he interviewed for the Oconnell job.

Posted by: coach gibbs ()
Date: March 08, 2012 03:54PM

If the Henderson kid leaves West Po, that leaves Kyle Downer of Oakton as perhaps the best QB in the Northern Region. That offense is going to be sick. . . .

Posted by: nrregionshakeup ()
Date: March 08, 2012 08:39PM

First off I believe the loss of Caleb is much greater than the loss of his dad. He had d1 offers and ran the offense very well towards the end of the year. Second, I think that he will want to be with his dad where ever he goes because he knows he will throw the ball at least 50 times a game. So with both of them gone many doors have been swung open for other teams in the area. My top 5 in no order Chantilly, Oakton, Braddock, TC, and still possibly West Po saying they find a quality coach. Thoughts?

Posted by: norther region ref ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:06AM

heard a couple high rated West potomac kids families are moving to lorton.

Posted by: Lorax ()
Date: March 09, 2012 02:29PM

Lorton, as in South County? Hmmmmmmm.

Posted by: nvhsfbfan ()
Date: March 09, 2012 03:41PM

I hear Rob Everett in as head coach!!!? If true great pickup

Posted by: Brick Mason ()
Date: March 12, 2012 01:25PM

Found this in the comments section of the Washington Post article referred to above.

dlissva wrote:

3/11/2012 6:27 PM EDT

Great news for most of West Potomac football players! This is the type of coach that retaliated against teens (football players), because parents complained about his program.
Henderson should have been gone since 2008 when he sent an email to another West Potomac football coach, Willie McCollum, threatening to destroy a kid and his chances of continuing playing football and getting a scholarship. Henderson stated “…and if I hear he’s badmouthing my program in any way, I will go out of my way and badmouth him and his kid. I’m building some reputation with college recruiters and I will destroy the kid and his chances of getting a scholarship – DESTROY his chances. Larry wants to play that bs, I can absolutely destroy his kid. I guarantee that his kid won’t play a down as a sophomore somewhere.” The last sentence he wrote on that email says “he is a joke like – so many of our parents.”
If you wish to see a copy of that email me at dlissva@yahoo.com

Posted by: Hendo ()
Date: March 12, 2012 05:26PM

The Henderson kid enrolled today at George Mason High School in the Falls Church City.

Posted by: ,..... ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:05PM

why did the Henderson kid pick George Mason HS?

Posted by: true? ()
Date: March 12, 2012 07:28PM

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Posted by: true? ()
Date: March 12, 2012 07:28PM

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Posted by: JP at LB ()
Date: March 12, 2012 08:31PM

Not true. We already have him under contract at LB.

Posted by: Soco football player ()
Date: March 12, 2012 11:30PM

what do you think of West Po's chances now

Posted by: westside ()
Date: March 13, 2012 10:24AM

West potomics chances are hurt. Their entire offense relied on henderson. It will be intresting to see who head coach will be. I think this opened doors in thr district and in the region. Two horse eace in the district between west springfield and tc

Posted by: eastside ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:40PM

I think Lake B and SOCO have as much if not more ofa chance than WEST Spring and TC

Posted by: d5/6 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 01:05PM

Is south county in that district? What are the d5 and d6 teams? Which district is split between d5 and d 6

Date: March 14, 2012 08:13AM

Patriot district D5 Lee, SOCO, D6=WP, LB, WS,Wdsn, Andl and TC after this year Va moving to 6 classes and I believe most of these will be 6A

Posted by: Hendo ()
Date: March 14, 2012 08:30AM

Caleb Henderson has been spotted wearing a George Mason H.S PE shirt, confirming that he has enrolled at the Single A school.

Posted by: grilledcheese ()
Date: March 14, 2012 12:12PM

hahaha Willie McCallum kept his son from being one of the best WR's this region should have ever seen!

He is a joke like so many HS parents!

Date: March 14, 2012 01:41PM

Now henderson can help them win more than 1 game

Posted by: observe ()
Date: March 14, 2012 02:32PM

I cant see lake braddock putting a good season together after loosing the twins and #3 ( dont know his name) because those three probablyy made up for 90% of there total offense. Ffor south county the addition of any west potomic players would be huge. I am not sure about the quarterback who people claim would have started last year, but for south county to be successful he needs to be a stud. They too lose most key pieces on offense. South county does have a stud of a linnebacker which will help them transition away from the van dykes

Posted by: northwestside ()
Date: March 14, 2012 08:48PM

I cant see lake braddock doing well either. They as well as South County have no offense. It will be a down year for both the district and the region. I predict it will be a year of defense. The teams I see having offense are West Springfield, Oakton, and possibly TC or Chantilly. If no one else can put up points, look for these teams to do well

Posted by: FootballGuy99 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 10:04AM

Whats everybodies preseason top ten rankings for northern region for D6?

Posted by: Footballer ()
Date: March 15, 2012 11:39AM

My top 10 goes like this...

1) Washington-Lee
2) Oakton
3) South Lakes
4) Centreville
5) Herndon
6) Westfield
7) Annandale
8) Lake Braddock
9) West Springfield
10)West Potomac

Posted by: top 10 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 11:57AM

Footballer Wrote:
> My top 10 goes like this...
>
>
> 1) Washington-Lee
> 2) Oakton
> 3) South Lakes
> 4) Centreville
> 5) Herndon
> 6) Westfield
> 7) Annandale
> 8) Lake Braddock
> 9) West Springfield
> 10)West Potomac

I have to say i know little about washington and lee so i will leave them out of my list. My list is all AAA northern region.

1. Stone Bridge
2. Oakton
3. Centreville
4. TC
5. Chantilly
6. South County
7. Westfield
8. Yorktown
9. West Potomic
10. West Springfield

Posted by: u99 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 12:53PM

1. West Potomac (with Henderson)
2. Centreville
3. Westfield
4. Oakton
5. TC Williams
6. Chantilly
7. Stone Bridge
8. Lake Braddock
9. South County
10. Yorktown

Posted by: Dick Atoms ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:14PM

Well, looks like Henderson and his QB son are both at Lake Braddock now. Caleb Henderson is a big pick up for the bruins.

Date: March 16, 2012 09:04PM

Really, if thats the case, Braddock is the new favorite to win the region.
No one else will even be close.

Posted by: Gb3 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 12:59PM

The concord should be very interesting this year. The playing field is very even. Chantilly could surprise. Herndon is returning a lot of kids. Cantreville and Westfield always have good teams but who will step up? Oakton has the college prospects but this is a team game. I think a surprise team like Herndon could take the district.

Posted by: wp03 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 01:45PM

Who will be the new football coach at West Potomac.

Will someone on the existing staff be selected or will they go outside?

Posted by: wp04 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:03PM

Surely they will go outside since the current staff bears the stain of the former head coach. They know they need somebody new to undo the current mess. The email that has been cirrculating around the area shows the coach's true nature. A lot of parents are wondering what has been going on the whole time behind the scenes. A lot of past complaints suddenly do not seem so frivolous now.

Posted by: Oakton college prospects? ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:31PM

Who are these oakton prospects? I know that they have OL Durant who is a sure FBS prospect, but who else is getting college attention?

Date: March 18, 2012 03:24PM

6-foot-3, 210-pounder Kyle Downer. The Vienna (Va.) Oakton prospect is picking up interest from a variety of schools at this stage. No offers yet He will have to impress at camps this summer and have a great year for a D1AA FCS schools to offer. IMO not a BCS level QB.possibly JMU, richmonds bucknell something like that. Also RB Mike Wandey a small school prospect IMO.

Posted by: Oakton prospects ()
Date: March 18, 2012 06:01PM

As I have seen on scouting websites, the prospects are:
Downer,QB- duke,princeton, bucknell
Wandey,RB- temple, VT
Brooks Muse,WR-not sure who yet but he had good numbers and a good video.
Ladson,CB- Bryant, Furman, Drake
Boone,CB- couldn't find anything here either but started as a soph. So I expect him to play at the next level.
And then of course Durant.
I don't know whether the info is valid but I saw it on Rivals, NCSA, NUC, etc.
Does anyone know what other teams in the Concorde have prospects?

Posted by: nrregion ()
Date: March 18, 2012 06:03PM

I agree that with Brian Day now as head coach at Herndon they have potential to win some games. I still do not think one year with him as head coach can take them from 0 am 5 in the district to 4 or 5 wins. Secondly, regarding Oakton. A team needs good players to win championships. The best players always get a team the furthest it would be difficult to find the last team to win the region that did not have star college prospects. There is a great supporting group of players as well Andy Boone ( if he stays out of trouble), Kelly Brooks-Muse who averaged over 10 yards a touch on offense, Ryan Ladson another returning starter who will be a small school kid, and Joe Allely who led the district in sacks last year. I think they are primed to win a championship.

Posted by: cheating ()
Date: March 18, 2012 07:12PM

Is braddock going to get another player like this, and nobody is going to investigate? Poytheris is a cheater and bad influence. Take in a coach from another school who was fired for suspicious reasons just to recruit his kid to play qb. This has got to end.

Posted by: herndon? ()
Date: March 18, 2012 07:14PM

Herndon has no assistant coaches. Its hard to win without help.

Posted by: gutdgth ()
Date: March 18, 2012 07:20PM

Oakton sucks, not even in the top ten

Posted by: U91 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 08:14PM

cheating Wrote:
> Is braddock going to get another player like this,
> and nobody is going to investigate? Poytheris is a
> cheater and bad influence. Take in a coach from
> another school who was fired for suspicious
> reasons just to recruit his kid to play qb. This
> has got to end.

I am sure the Northern Region Council will check to make sure this is within the rules.

If this is even true:

How does this make Poythress a cheater? He is not recruiting anyone, they are coming to him. WP runs the same offense Braddock does, it would be a natural fit.

No one was calling Robinson and Westfield Coaches cheaters when they were getting transfers for all those years.

Posted by: hmmmmmm ()
Date: March 18, 2012 08:28PM

I do not believe the rumors that Henderson is going to Lake Braddock. There are so many Lake Braddock players who write on this site to attract attention and try to get themselves and their team noticed.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: March 18, 2012 09:13PM

It seems Oakton has lost a lot of seniors - their whole LB corps and several guys on their o-line. Are there decent replacements among the rising juniors or sophomores?

Date: March 18, 2012 09:32PM

durant is the only BCS D-1 playeron Oaktons team the others listed above have no offers

Date: March 18, 2012 11:02PM

oakton is losing a great group of linebackers who will be hard to replace. In terms of oline next year. Two lineman started all year. One is durrant, a bcs football player. The other two have 7 combined starts and more playing time mixed in. The question on oline will be replacing their offensive line coach who was there for decades

Posted by: Matt Sturbator ()
Date: March 19, 2012 02:04PM

There is a lot of hype that is about LB. West Potomac is the top in the region as of now, yes they are losing a QB but someone will step up, they still have their other players as well. It will be in intereseting season this year

Posted by: wp11 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:42PM

Does Braddock have the athletes for Caleb to be successfull?

Posted by: NOVA watcher ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:09PM

So the Hendersons are going to LB? Is Daddy coaching? How much did LB pay them? Isn't there a rule about transferring public schools in FFax where - unless you change home addresses - you have to sit out a year? If true, are they relocating, or is there some loophole that lets them play.

Something is rotten about this.

Posted by: williard ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:40PM

If a parent teaches at the school, the student(s) can be pupil placed at the same school. This looks legit.

Posted by: Ryan Kiegler ()
Date: March 19, 2012 07:46PM

As of now Coach Henderson is not coaching at LB, but there is word that Caleb is attending Lake Braddock.

Posted by: 152015 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 08:06AM

It is true that Caleb Henderson will be attending Lake Braddock. He is currently enrolled for the 4th quarter. Lake Braddock will remain a strong team beacause of the strong coaching staff. The Freshman and JV teams had great seasons and will continue to get better as they mature. Because of the wide view of Quarterbacks including a (upcoming) senior, two Juniors (Including Caleb Henderson) and a Sophmore.Expect big things from LB this year.

Posted by: 22015 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 08:17AM

How does no one have LB in their top 5? They turned their team around greatly last year! Yeah they are losing big time players(The Quigleys,Weiler,and Greg Jones) but they have kids moving up each year and NOW they have two great quarter backs(Henderson and Koch) I expect LB to make it to state if they keep their heads on straight and come together as a team.

Posted by: shocker ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:25AM

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but Henderson was fired by FCPS so I would be shocked if they let him coach anywhere in the county. There is no point for Henderson to move anywhere inside the county because his dad can not coach anywhere. I do not believe he is going to Lake Braddock unless I see something. As of right now he is at West Potomic and I believe he is there to stay. His Facebook says west pot, his picture is west pot, and his rivals says west pot. Sorry lake braddock fans but some of your students are starting rumors

Posted by: jsh ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:32AM

Does Lake Braddock have the athletes to put around henderson to help him be successfull. If not, they will have problems. I think they have a few, but no one steps off the page

WP always has athletes and speed to stay competitive in most games.

It should be a interesting season.

Posted by: the man ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:49AM

This was on the Twitter feed of Paul Tenorio, who closely covers the Northern Region for the Post: "Complaint to FCPS has led to Caleb Henderson's pupil placement request to Lake Braddock being denied. Saga continues."

I don't think he's going anywhere.

Posted by: the realman ()
Date: March 20, 2012 12:42PM

Nice try! He will be enrolled at Braddock

Posted by: gatorhater ()
Date: March 20, 2012 12:55PM

"My name is Caleb Henderson, you fired my father, prepare to die!"

I wonder if the West Potomac principal has 6 fingers...

I also wonder if the kid isn't even Right handed!!

The whole community is going to to pay dearly when that family puts 60 on them at LB.

Date: March 20, 2012 01:40PM

Yes FCPS has denied Henderson's pupil placement to LB. They saw it as stricly a football move and not for acadmic reason's.

Posted by: over ()
Date: March 21, 2012 10:45AM

According to a source from inside West Potomac who wished to remain anonymous, the decision came from Fairfax County Public Schools, not the school itself, and was based on off-field factors including improper fundraising and player eligibility violations

Looks like the Lake Braddock fantasy is over. I doubt Henderson will be allowed to be hired by another FCPS school after being fired by the county, not the school. I see two options for him, stay where he is, or move out of the county to play for his dad.

http://forthunt.patch.com/articles/henderson-firing-creates-controversy-in-west-potomac-community

Posted by: fcps gets it right...for now ()
Date: March 21, 2012 07:06PM

FCPS has blocked the pupil placement of Henderson to LB according to the Post. Finally they get it right. Move was for football not academics. Unless dad can get a full time job at LB they may be sol. FCPS could still deny even if dad teaches there. Does anyone know what school they are actually supposed to attend in the first place? Is West pot their base school?

Posted by: Howard ()
Date: March 21, 2012 08:38PM

I have a friend who swears that Poythrice and Henderson can't stand each other and it is only a matter of time until there is a major blowup during the season. I hope for the sake of the LB kids this does not come to pass. He says Henderson always refers to Poytrice as a dirty cheater. Makes you wonder what is really going on.

Posted by: questions ()
Date: March 21, 2012 11:38PM

Who will be west poops new head coach?

Posted by: read ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:23AM

As on right now, the Hendersons are not goingbto LB so there wont be a blow up. As for their relationship, they played together in high school. This move will be difficult to pull off.

Posted by: WSHSFANN!2345 ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:19AM

Whats everyones opinion on west springfield? i was in the building the other day and people were waiting to use the weightroom due to a shortage of weights

Posted by: Football121 ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:22AM

so can anyone confirm where henderson is gonna end up? very curious to see whats going to come of this whole situation...

Posted by: Forget the Stallions ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:36AM

.....nuf said

Posted by: fanaticfanWSHS ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:39AM

I think west springfield will shock everyone and pull out in first in the patriot district and will go to staes where they go from there is completely up to the players. They definately want it and all the charges are set someone just has to set it off.

Posted by: insider ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:49AM

Eric and Caleb cant stand west potomac and the administartion. lb would a great spot for them because they have the line and they have the coaching staff along with the athletes to become an eleite team in the state. if caleb goes to lb great things will happen and wp will be left in the dust

Posted by: insider ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:59AM

matt sturbater obviously goes to west pot and they have nothing besides caleb he was suppoost to be their offence this year now that hes leaving they wont score any points #wp get ready for an ass whooping

Posted by: NR football ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:07PM

Caleb is the best qb in the reigion and possibly the state. i think wherever he goes people will follow and when good players follow wins will come after that. he would look great in purple and gold!

Posted by: HendoH8r ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:09PM

Caleb is all hype. he had great players to throw the ball to and the only reason why he played is because of his father. he is nothing more than tebow but not as fast.

Posted by: NR football ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:11PM

Caleb did have great players around him but his backup was a senior who was 5'9" 170 and couldnt throw for his life. he is 6'4" 220 and can run for his size. tell me what coach in their right mind would play a qb that what caleb's backup's size?

Posted by: west po back ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:17PM

that isnt correct. Coach henderson wasnt fired from the county, he wasnt even fired from his coaching job, the DSA decided to not resign Coach for whatever reason they have. no one at west potomac believes in what the dumbass administration did but the rumors of coach being kicked out of the county are completely untrue.

Posted by: hokiesrule ()
Date: March 22, 2012 01:05PM

Lost in all this is that Henderson's eldest son was their starting Middle Linebacker.

Posted by: footballfan ()
Date: March 22, 2012 01:05PM

As a football fan, this situation irritates me. This is not college football and henderson should not be marketing his kid to different schools he wants to go to. Personally i hope he remains at west potomic or moves to a school outside this county. I do not want this marketing of players to become a regular occurance

Posted by: S. Jackson ()
Date: March 22, 2012 02:05PM

Reading these postings and a few articles with comments, I find it odd that such a great man and coach would be let go. Does anyone know exactly why he is no longer the coach? I find it hard to believe that someone like this can be put out of coaching. One last thing: is the email in the online paper linked by over legit?

Posted by: Your Mom ()
Date: March 22, 2012 07:17PM

All that is truely known about west potomac is that there has been an outbreak of zombies at West Springfield, this means that West Po's best player will have to slay them all. That player is Aladin, he is the best saftey in the norther region hands and feet down!!!

Date: March 22, 2012 07:56PM

The accusation mainly describes a threat in writing that Coach henderson wrote "he would make sure a particular kid would not be recruited".Basically black ball a kid to potential college recruiters. A retaliation on an assistant coach's son. had a disagreement with the assistant and thought he would get back at him. had to be some truth because henderson later apologized. Not a good look for a coach entrusted to help kids with their future.

Posted by: read up ()
Date: March 22, 2012 10:23PM

The papers published the emails about blackballing a kid, and he also mismanaged funds and played illegal players. He was not rehired because of those issues. Contracts are year to year so he wouldnt have to be fired.

Posted by: you know nothing ()
Date: March 23, 2012 10:17AM

That email was between coach and a friend, but that "friend" stabbed coach in the back and let the emial out. He was also investigated for the "paper work issues" which he was found completly innocent for(the math was wrong on one of the sheets). The player eligebility is completly wrong because while head coach, during the season the team adverage was a 3.0 no one on the team was failing any classes. So before you "THINK" you know what you're talking about know that by saying these things on a web site like this could hurt a great man who did absolutly nothing wrong.

Date: March 23, 2012 10:21AM

in lieu of recent issues at west potomac, i would like to point out the fact that have a 12 inch weiner

Posted by: back pain ()
Date: March 23, 2012 11:03AM

Stabbed him in the back? What he wrote in that email was despicable. How many other kids did he blackball? Another egomaniac open-door policy coach. Good riddens.

you know nothing Wrote:
> That email was between coach and a friend, but
> that "friend" stabbed coach in the back and let
> the emial out. He was also investigated for the
> "paper work issues" which he was found completly
> innocent for(the math was wrong on one of the
> sheets). The player eligebility is completly wrong
> because while head coach, during the season the
> team adverage was a 3.0 no one on the team was
> failing any classes. So before you "THINK" you
> know what you're talking about know that by saying
> these things on a web site like this could hurt a
> great man who did absolutly nothing wrong.

Posted by: Dusty ()
Date: March 23, 2012 11:22AM

you know nothing,

Henderson told the assistant coach to "tell the parent". He did. Where is the backstabbing? Another case of the guy running his mouth and not backing it up.

Maybe if Henderson would allow the school to release all their records, the Henderson worshippers would cry from embarrassment. The community has only heard his lies because the school cannot talk about it. The more information that has leaked out has caused quite a few families to re-assess whether they were fooled by a bullshit artist who is not who he pretends to be.

Posted by: truthbtold ()
Date: March 23, 2012 01:45PM

wow, mr Eatin u sure have alot of time on ur hands to post under all these names. it is also well known that u have a ragin hard on for Hendo. he did stuff that u could never do. the comunity hates u. ur a has been loser. go away.

Posted by: concord ()
Date: March 23, 2012 05:40PM

Posted by: Gotcha ()
Date: March 23, 2012 07:54PM

Posted by: boll ()
Date: March 24, 2012 09:45PM

What about Fairfax in the liberty? They have shown some resilience and gave Centreville a good fight the past two years in the first round of the the regional playoffs.

Posted by: footballfan2009 ()
Date: March 24, 2012 11:49PM

Fairfax is a good "middle of the road" team.

The players are usually not very athletic but they are fundamentally sound.
The coaching staff is pretty good and will keep the team competitive.

In the Liberty district, they will have to get by Stone Bridge and Madison.

They will always struggle against the Concorde and the better teams in the Patriot district.

I believe they have been in the playoffs the past 3 years, and have lost in the first round each time.

Posted by: What If........ ()
Date: March 25, 2012 04:22PM

................a new thread was started and we file this one away?????????

Posted by: remnant ()
Date: March 28, 2012 09:33PM

West Springfield have a lot of talent. And with that talent I think they are going to go pretty far this year, especially with their D1 running back

Date: April 01, 2012 11:55AM

Who are everyone's picks for the all region team next year?

Posted by: Flappy ()
Date: May 29, 2012 07:52PM

WP/LB qb Caleb Henderson claims to have offers from USC and Ohio State. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted by: jed ()
Date: May 30, 2012 07:12PM

Yes, I can confirm that someone claims to have heard him claim this.

Posted by: Your Mom & Dad ()
Date: July 01, 2012 03:58PM

^^^ Why couldn't you have been more like Dean?

Posted by: Your Mom & Dad ()
Date: July 01, 2012 04:05PM

dear mr doe Wrote:
> Dear Mr. Doe/ Dean
> Stop trying to get yourself publicity.
> Thank you

^^ Dear Son, why couldn't you have been more like Dean?

Posted by: whichone ()
Date: July 02, 2012 04:18PM

Which post should we make the official Northern Region Football 2012 Forum? The schedules are out ... no big deal since we are in the second year of the cycle.

Looking at Big Games:

LB vs Cville 8/31/12 (Week one!!!)

SB vs Chantilly 9/7/12

LB vs Westfield 9/14/12

Robinson vs Westfield 9/21/12
Hayfield vs Yorktown

South County vs Robinson 9/28/12

Westfield vs Chantilly 10/5/12

Cville vs Chantilly 10/19/12
LB vs Robinson

Cville vs Westfield 10/26/12

Langley vs McLean 11/2/12

Posted by: mountvernonsucks ()
Date: August 07, 2012 01:10AM

caleb lives down the street he moved out a long time ago he is for sure 100% at lake braddock and will be their starting qb. However, if demornay goes to lake braddock then they will embarrass everyone in the region.

Posted by: Lake Braddock fan ()
Date: August 08, 2012 08:24AM

mountvernonsucks wrote
"However, if demornay goes to lake braddock then they will embarrass everyone in the region."

But mostly will embarrass Lake Braddock when they forfeit all the games he plays in for them since I know for a fact he officially resides in west potomac area.
I would rather not take the chance. I am sure he has already started practice with whichever team he plans to play for.

Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: August 08, 2012 04:25PM

Yeah, well I bet he personally knows where you live too. sooooo, now what?

Posted by: northernregionmadman ()
Date: August 08, 2012 06:48PM

I don't want people to sleep on woodson this year. the patriot district is down except for braddock who will win the district but i predict woodson to finish 2nd followed by soco, west springfield, tc, west potomac, lee and annandale.

Posted by: Lmao ()
Date: August 14, 2012 08:18PM

northernregionmadman Wrote:
> I don't want people to sleep on woodson this year.
> the patriot district is down except for braddock
> who will win the district but i predict woodson to
> finish 2nd followed by soco, west springfield, tc,
> west potomac, lee and annandale.

This guy not only must be a Woodson coach to post such nonsense, but he must be a Woodson coach smoking crack too. lmao!!

Posted by: LBs Finest ()
Date: September 25, 2012 10:50PM

WHAT ARE YALL TALKING BOUT LAKE BRADDOCK IS WINNING THE WHOLE THING SHUT UP

Posted by: Mountvernonsucks ()
Date: November 10, 2012 03:02AM

I told u demornay was something suuuurious

Posted by: KLM6J ()
Date: November 10, 2012 03:07AM

Mountvernonsucks Wrote:
> I told u demornay was something suuuurious

who is that?

Posted by: Near the beginning ()
Date: December 08, 2018 06:52PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.