HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Vanity Plate
Posted by: CZ4A ()
Date: November 28, 2011 01:57AM

So, I've been looking into getting a vanity plate. I bought a brand new car off the lot a year and a half ago, and I was never required to take the emissions. But in order to get my vanity plates, I need to show proof that it passed.

I think in some cases, if you get a brand new car it's waived? The emissions is not required.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vanity Plate
Posted by: DMV ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:23AM

Um yeah...take the car and get the emissions inspection done. They will download the test results to the Commonwealth directly from the testing station. Go home. Wait 24 hours. Then logon to the DMV webpage and order your plates. Last time I checked? "DUMAZZ" is still available...

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: November 29, 2011 02:29PM

New cars are exempt for the first 2 years. Since you bought the car a year and a half ago you will need emissions in order to get you personalized tags. Just wait till your tags need to be renewed -- you'll have to get the emissions done anyway -- then order your vanity plates when you renew.

Posted by: lovenda ()
Date: November 29, 2011 03:03PM

How much these vanity plates go for these days?

Posted by: Denise Mathews ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:09PM

Why would someone want a license plate with my picture on it?

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: November 29, 2011 05:11PM

lovenda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much these vanity plates go for these days?

Standard blue on white additional $10 personalized. Virginia has over 180 different plate you can choose from including college to general interest. Depending the type of plate you get determines whether there are any additional fees. Go to www.dmvnow.com to see all the different types of available plates. You can even check to see if the message/saying you want is available.

Posted by: Y EATER ()
Date: November 29, 2011 06:38PM

Hilarious post by DMV!... God bless FFXU forum as a funnel access to all things; STUPID. More entertaining than Kimmel, Letterman and TMZ- combined.
It's the best... and, thank you.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: November 29, 2011 07:19PM

Attachments:
dumass plate.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.