HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Credit Authorization
Posted by: HUH ()
Date: February 08, 2008 05:20AM

Why is that at some places when you pay with a debit or credit card it only charges you a dollar at the time and then the whole amount days later? I know gas pumps do that and every now and then I will see that. Are there specific places that do that or just some? Is there a list of places that do that or does anyone know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Credit Authorization
Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: February 09, 2008 02:06PM

its called a hold, some gas stations do it and some others dont. don't know too much about it cause my bank account never goes that low

Re: Credit Authorization
Posted by: Gas Man ()
Date: February 10, 2008 01:45AM

At a pump you run your card they charge it a dollar to make sure its a good card. They don't charge you the full amount because at the point the card was run you had not pumped any gas yet.

Once everything is processed they remove the dollar charge then bill you for the amount you pumped.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.