HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
REPORT ALL FRAUD IN FAIRFAX HERE
Posted by: INYRT{{O ()
Date: November 20, 2011 10:25PM

Internal Audit Office's Fraud Hotline at (703) 787-3243.

If someone is getting rental assistance and driving high end car, call.

If business like nail salons dont opn the register when you pay cash, report them

enough is enough

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: November 20, 2011 10:50PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 04:19PM by chuckhoffmann.

Re: REPORT ALL FRAUD IN FAIRFAX HERE
Posted by: dwdw ()
Date: November 20, 2011 10:56PM

Posted by: witness ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:36PM

Fairfax County Court
Various Prosecutors
Fairfax Juvenile and Domestic Relations
... And a few judges :) We should folow the money and career motives

Posted by: whowantstoknow? ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:52PM

The Papa Johns pizza on Burke Road always over charges me. Seriously. Watch your receipts. This happens online AND when you order by phone.

Posted by: McDonalds ()
Date: November 21, 2011 05:23AM

McDonalds has often shortchanged me on barbecue sauce. They only gave me 3 vials of BBQ sauce with my 20 piece chicken mcnuggets. So, if i buy 5 4-piece nuggets will they still give me 3 vials? What if I go through the drive-in line 5 times and order 1 4-piece nugget at a time. Will they give me zero vials of BBQ sauce on 2 of those trips?

What a racket!

Posted by: WTOP news flasher ()
Date: November 21, 2011 02:46PM

Gerry Connolly and the Lamb Center. Start there, and let the tangled webs lead to more

Posted by: KK ()
Date: November 22, 2011 10:20AM

I know of an elementary school principal that pays a secretary full time but she hasn't been there in months.

Posted by: Consumer Fraud ()
Date: November 22, 2011 11:36AM

Have you ever bought a new or used car in this area. I have, and shortly thereafter I start getting all sorts of junk mail from every car dealership in a one hundred mile radius. How did they get my info?

Also, do not support 'cash only' businesses! They most likely commit tax fraud. Also companies that only accept debit/credit cards with a minimum purchase amount to cover there expenses are in violation of their agreements with the banks that issue these cards.

All "basement" apartments in the area are most likely committing some sort of fraud or are in violation of ordinance rules.

Posted by: duhhhhhh ()
Date: November 22, 2011 01:12PM

Consumer Fraud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, do not support 'cash only' businesses! They
> most likely commit tax fraud. Also companies that
> only accept debit/credit cards with a minimum
> purchase amount to cover there expenses are in
> violation of their agreements with the banks that
> issue these cards.

You are incorrect on both counts.

Accepting cash vs credit cards has absolutely no bearing on not filing accurate taxes. The ways you are caught skimming/not reporting has nothing to do with accepting or not accepting credit cards.

The minimum purchase amount thing is probably the most commonly mistaken thing out there anymore.

Minimum purchase amounts USED to be forbidden by the credit card issuers but that was changed a couple of years ago with the Financial Reform Act to allow retailers to have up to a $10 minimum charge amount.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/financial-reform-credit-card/story?id=11036335

FWIW...

It costs a retailer 3 different times to accept a credit card (swipe fee, batch fee & interchange rate fee). Two of those three are set on a percentage of the total transaction amount (batch & interchange) and the swipe fee is a flat rate fee currently hovering around 25 cents per swipe for independant small businesses.

The swipe fee & the batch processing fee are charged by the credit card processing company, the interchange rate is charged by the credit card company. A retailer actually has to pay the credit card company a slice of the sale of every product bought. The amount of that slice varies depending on the type of card and whether it has rewards programs or not.

When you have a card with a reward program, the interchange rate is higher for the retailer. The credit card company isn't offering you anything for free, they are just charging someone else for it. That someone is the retailer. If you think the retailer is eating the cost of your free plane ticket @ 50,000 points you're crazy too. The retailer just increases the markup on everything in the store to make up for the difference.

Side Note: Interchange rates are increased AT LEAST every year, if not more often. That means the 50 cent increase in gum might not be caused by raw materials increasing, or the retailer getting rich, but could just as easily be related to Visa increasing their interchange rate.

Do you think credit card companies care about your pack of gum being $1.89 now instead of $1.49? Nope. It's in their best interests for retailers to have to increase their prices.

The best part of this whole credit card hustle (since we're in a thread talking about fraud here) is that both the batch fee and the interchange fee are percentage based which means the higher the charge amount, the more the processing company & the credit card company get paid. The credit card company makes more free money on me selling a pack of gum @ 1.89 than they do @ 1.49. Not only do they get more in interest from you directly, but they get more in interchange fees from the retailer too.

I understand the ease of credit cards, but overall, people would be in much better shape if we didn't use credit cards as much and it's something each single individual person can do on their own & see benefits from it.

JMO.

Posted by: Doobie ()
Date: March 01, 2015 03:14PM

Posted by: 3NcLm ()
Date: March 06, 2015 01:55PM

there are (new) homes that were buit on property allocated to our neighborhood as community land

the charter on the family land say about 1/2 acre so do most - but obviously it isn't if the (new) neighborbood build houses on it

---------------------
i think the fucking democrats falsified the zoning records and the developer never paid for the land

they are fucking land theives - as well as theives using the law for fraud - as well as people who stalk and attempt to kill citizens

democrats: yes they are sacks of shit

yes - i can say that

Posted by: TDL7E ()
Date: March 06, 2015 01:56PM

> people started getting legally threatened with
> "dog walking compliance" in my neighborhood
>
> previously the neigborhood just let dogs run
> around without leashes - %99 of days no problem -
> a few dog fights to break up or a dog that could
> be let out
>
> a lawyer moved in the neighborhood - who was
> employed by fx co gov
>
> all of the sudden people were getting threats from
> gov they had to obey leash laws and pick up poop
> with their hands if necessary
>
> infact my sister - who wanted me dead for money -
> set me up. kept letting the dog out to ravage the
> trash cans (as we all knew that dog did)
>
> police came to my house woke me up and accused me
> of being responsibe. AT GUNPOINT FORCED ME TO
> COURT - and insisted i pay a fine
>
> -----------------------------
> that reminds me. why did my dad keep grabbing the
> steering while when i was driving when i only
> would have caused an accident - only when no one
> else was in the car ?
>
> this is one of those questions few ask and less
> get answered

i told the cop: i'm not the homeowner. i didn't let the dog out. he insisted to come in and force me to sign a ticket - and was heavily armed

had dickhead not been armed i'd have kicked his ass and called the judge and told him to fuck off as well

force you way into a home with death threats and force uninvolved people to go to court ?

yea - fuck off bull-o-va gov and democrats

what comes around goes around

Posted by: pNJKK ()
Date: March 06, 2015 02:00PM

they (and obama gov) are inflating the wholey crap out of the economy

they are telling my aging parents who worked and saved and had important jobs - that their saving and gov checks "are no longer good"

they are telling my parents to move out - that they are broke

-------------------------
say it to my face - democrat

see you in court - but your asses are skipping court - drop dead

i am calling for the judges to be hung if they do not stop the business of supporting corrupt gov IMMEDIATELY and apologize to the public for taking high pay (bribes) to favor government in suites - meaning in fx co va

i'm tired of torture. and they had more than enough opportunity to be reasonable.

Posted by: Pedro Gonzales ()
Date: March 06, 2015 02:01PM

Drive up to any elementary school in FFX and take a look at all the immigrant kids being dropped off in late model cars with MD plates.

Posted by: XLwPV ()
Date: March 08, 2015 02:41PM

the length of the offenses by gov workers - esp. fx co gov - just against me - might be too much

the length of total illegal acts they've taken: would break your little website

would be several people with luggage bag carriers stacked with legal papers showing up at a courthouse - having to make several trips

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.