HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Westons
Posted by: going to Westons ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:40PM

Did Westons in Clifton get it's ABC permit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Westons
Posted by: Drunkie McPukesalot ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:47PM

Nope

Posted by: alcy ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:49PM

nope but hopefully soon because night before Thanksgiving is coming up and that is gonna be a big one for the town! Btw I tried their food and it was meh. Not to be rude or anything but I just didn't think it was spectacular, but better than Trummers!

Posted by: Fairfax couple ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:38PM

Did Westons get it's ABC permit or not?

Posted by: Fairfax Couple ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:42PM

I wonder why?????????????

Posted by: Centreville Family ()
Date: November 23, 2011 04:22PM

Weston's need's to hire new help. Place is okay. We had a family dinner there. Problem we found was the waitress was just way to nosey and we had to hear her life story. She was not professional at all. All we wanted was dinner. Hope they get their ABC permit soon. We didn't even know they were open until we read about it in the Patch.

Posted by: we had a great time ()
Date: November 23, 2011 05:38PM

We had dinner last Friday night. The place was great. We sat near the fireplace. The portions were huge so we had to bring home dinner for another night.

I say give Weston's a try. It is so much better then a chain restaurant.

Posted by: Fairfax Couple ()
Date: November 30, 2011 08:26AM

Was that the old Waitress?

Posted by: Bad experience ()
Date: December 02, 2011 10:31PM

Horrible experience there, waited almost an hour for our food only to have the server reconfirm our order because we think the order never went in.

My food was cold and the extra I ordered for my food ended upmin another family member's food who didn't want the extra. Server up and quit right after that, no lie.

Posted by: Bad experience ()
Date: December 02, 2011 10:34PM

No ABC permit either still.

*up in*

Posted by: you are idiots ()
Date: December 03, 2011 06:09AM

foods pretty good and prices are reasonable not like heart n hand

Re: Westons OTB?
Posted by: Brian ()
Date: December 04, 2011 06:56PM

So is Weston's now doing Off Track Betting? I didn't know anywhere in Virginia other than Colonial Downs allowed that? What's next in Clifton, strip clubs?

Posted by: mg ()
Date: December 05, 2011 12:49AM

We had an awesome dinner on the patio at the Clifton Pub (Main Street Pub). Walking back to the car parked across the street, checked out Westons out of curiosity. First thing I saw through the front door was the blaring light of the betting monitors, the big screen TV, entire place was empty. Huge turn off, ABC sign on the door, had no idea whether it was serving yet or not, but the betting made the place look sleazy. I give it less than six months. No one has money in this day and age for beer, let alone betting. What idiot came up with that idea?

Posted by: Clifton resident ()
Date: December 05, 2011 06:07PM

For the love of god, why would they put in betting machines. Isn't that illegal?
Why doesn't someone with a brain gut the kitchen and put in some pizza ovens. That and a menu like Ciro's and they would make a killing.

Posted by: Fairfax Business one ()
Date: December 07, 2011 01:56PM

Weston's is okay. Food is good. The staff is the problem. The place needs new people to wait on the tables. What a pain it is to have to tell a woman to leave you alone. Simple but true. Better staff better business. In time I think thing's will turn around for them. I hope so. My girlfriend and I will try again.

Posted by: Lizard Lick ()
Date: January 05, 2012 12:53PM

Listen Dipshit,maybe you should stay at the pub, they don't need people like you making sinister remarks on a restarant that is trying to open up. And if you dont like what im saying, you can print this out and shove it up your ass!!!

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

Posted by: ouchie ()
Date: January 05, 2012 12:58PM

Lizard Lick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Listen Dipshit,maybe you should stay at the pub,
> they don't need people like you making sinister
> remarks on a restarant that is trying to open up.
> And if you dont like what im saying, you can print
> this out and shove it up your ass!!!
>
> NOW SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

Looks like the Weston's folks are butt hurt that their business failed.

Westons
Posted by: Lizard Lick ()
Date: January 05, 2012 01:01PM

Clifton finally has a restaurant that has great food and a wonderful new owner. I have eaten there quite a few times and the food is great. I plan on going back and I have told all my friends to come check it out. I think its great to be able to bet on horses, what a fantastic idea. Once they get their liquor license, they will be open full time.

edit by Cary: This post was originally a separate thread but has been merged into the existing "Westons" thread. Poster, if you wish to keep this post as a separate thread please chose a unique subject.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 01:16PM by Cary.

Posted by: no thanks ()
Date: January 05, 2012 01:06PM

Booze and betting? Has Clifton become Anacostia? I give this place 3 months.

Date: January 05, 2012 05:11PM

Drove by Weston's over the holiday. Glad to see they used the best font possible when laser printing their sign.

Seriously, OTB machines, no ABC license...these guys won't be around very long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: thefutureofwestons ()
Date: January 07, 2012 05:45PM

It sounds like the venture was under-capitalized.

Likely they planned on getting a liquor license and making a significant portion of their profits on drink sales as a new local watering hole, as close to a bar or a pub as Virginia Law will allow. When that got hung up, they didn't have enough money to delay opening until the process was resolved (the lack of a soda fountain may be evidence of this) and decided to open as a "family" restaurant.

Since there are already a thousand family restaurants in Fairfax County, most of them cheaper, this pretty much put a bullet in that nag. They probably weren't making enough money to cover their operating costs, which is why they've shut down.

Now, the question is, do they have enough money to cover the fixed costs while they're shuttered and trying to push through getting a liquor license, or can they raise it somehow? If the answer is no, then they're probably closed for good.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.